#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

New track list up at Amazon for the Deluxe CD:

1. Can't Take My Eyes Off You

2. What Kind Of Fool Am I? (featuring David Sandborn) A misspelling here, it's S-a-n-b-o-r-n

3. It's Only Make Believe

4. Misty

5. Mack The Knife

6. It's Impossible

7. Unchained Melody

8. Suspicious Minds

9. Crying (duet with Linda Eder)

10. There's A Kind Of Hush

11. Moon River (featuring Vince Gill)

12. Who's Sorry Now

13. Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Amazon Deluxe Track List

Who else is surprised at Breaking Up Is Hard To Do?

Wasn't "Breaking Up" the one that, during the PBS special taping, Clay started singing only to have Ruben come out and finish it?

But I'm happy with that track list. I'm hoping for "In My Life" as the bonus track on iTunes. And I wonder if other stores will have other bonus tracks (like WalMart did with "Forget I Ever Knew You")?

Wasn't "Breaking Up" the one that, during the PBS special taping, Clay started singing only to have Ruben come out and finish it?

But I'm happy with that track list. I'm hoping for "In My Life" as the bonus track on iTunes. And I wonder if other stores will have other bonus tracks (like WalMart did with "Forget I Ever Knew You")?

I am also hoping that other outlets have bonus songs. I have not ordered mine through Amazon because I was waiting to see what others had but I think I may just get one and then go ahead and go to Walmart or whoever has a bonus song. I am not yet an I-tune person, I know I am behind times, I just like the physical CD in my hands.

I guess the possibilities among multiple bonus songs for download would be In My Life, You Don't Have To Say You Love Me, Build Me Up Buttercup, and Eso Beso - all 60's songs. Did I leave out anything from the show? One or more of these "others", and the medley, may be exclusives for the PBS CD/DVD.

Does anyone know if the Deluxe CD is exclusive to Amazon? If so, Amazon will get lots of my business this summer.

36 Days! :flirtysmile3:

:listen: Good god, I'm so confused over all the song listing changes, adds, subtracts, whatever.

I wasn't at the OMG concert so I have no idea if I should be happy or sad with any of the changes.

All I know is that Clay's gonna be singing to meeeeee in my car in about 6 weeks. Give or take. And I'm soooo looking forward to it! Even it the track list includes "whateversonghe'ssinging" or "namethattune" or even "mynameandnumberfromthephonebook". I.just.don't.care.at.this.point. I just want SOMETHING demmit! I'm so easy when it comes to this man :lipstick:

It all depends on what you're willing to pay for extra songs.

On Amazon the $8.99 CD contains:

1. Can't Take My Eyes Off You

2. What Kind Of Fool Am I? (featuring David Sandborn)

3. It's Only Make Believe

4. Misty

5. Mack The Knife

6. It's Impossible

7. Unchained Melody

8. Suspicious Minds

9. Crying (duet with Linda Eder)

10. There's A Kind Of Hush

11. Moon River (featuring Vince Gill)

The Deluxe 2-Disk CD for $12.99 also contains:

12. Who's Sorry Now

13. Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

I don't think we lose anything. We gain Breaking Up Is Hard To Do! YAY for a new song! Did Clay sing this with Ruben at the taping, or did Ruben solo? It's possible Clay's solo version could be completely different with the original tempo, or another arrangement altogether. I guess I can wait 36 more days, but I'm anxious to start obsessing over this album for at least the next six months.

Clay intro'ed "Breaking Up is Hard to Do" by saying he had wanted to sing it on Idol, but Ruben had beaten him to it. Clay sang the first line or two, and Ruben strolled onstage and finished it.

I'm happy to see "Who's Sorry Now", because I really liked it in concert and I think it may be slightly less well-known than some of the other songs.

I was just thinking today about how much fun it is when the 30 second previews start getting posted to Amazon and whatnot. Can't wait!

:listen: Good god, I'm so confused over all the song listing changes, adds, subtracts, whatever.

I wasn't at the OMG concert so I have no idea if I should be happy or sad with any of the changes.

All I know is that Clay's gonna be singing to meeeeee in my car in about 6 weeks. Give or take. And I'm soooo looking forward to it! Even it the track list includes "whateversonghe'ssinging" or "namethattune" or even "mynameandnumberfromthephonebook". I.just.don't.care.at.this.point. I just want SOMETHING demmit! I'm so easy when it comes to this man :lipstick:

IMO no matter what they put on the cd you should be happy (they were all amazing) and whatever they subtract or don't have on there, you should mourn and hope to heck they show up as extra tracks somewhere. They are not calling it the OMG concert for nothing.

You are me...I cannot wait to pop that sucker into the CD player in my car and let it rip!

Kim

I was just thinking today about how much fun it is when the 30 second previews start getting posted to Amazon and whatnot. Can't wait!

I've been thinking about that too. I'm expecting the iTunes preorder to show up soon -- maybe this week? I've also been scouring WalMart, Best Buy and Target for preorders as well (and if there's any bonus tracks via those stores). Maybe with Clay appearing with a Nook I should look at Barnes & Noble too?

And when the clips appear -- I'll be ALL over them!

Love the photo too but I'm wondering if he is going to be serious in all of them. Clay has such an infectious smile.

O/T, we had a bit of good news tonight. I believe that we are getting an offer to purchase on our little house tomorrow. We talked to a man who wants to buy it for his son. We are signing the contract tomorrow. It really sounds good particularly after I spent part of the afternoon mowing the yard with a push mower.

Fear... G.R.E.A.T. news about your little house! May it happen without a hitch!!!

After the PBS taping I posted the following comments on a couple of other boards. I was not a member here at that time. I wrote about running into my best childhood friend and her husband in the parking lot of Memorial Aud. after the show. After jumping up and down for a few minutes and hugging each other, I asked her if she is a Clay fan, and she said, "I am now." She also said that she would buy several of his cd's for herself and other people.

I emailed her recently to let her know about when the public sale was starting for Bringing Broadway Home. I got an email from her tonight. She and her hubby got tickets!! THEY'RE HOOKED!! Keep reeling them in, Clay.

That's so cool that you saw an old friend, and even cooler that they were hooked! I hope a ton of people are hooked just like them!!

jmh... claygalsal... that story about your friend was so kewl! I am counting on their being many more like that as the cd gets out there and tv and tour happens. This is his time, I truly do believe!!!!!!!! It's about damn time... LOL

I got my computer cleaned physically and of viruses and they installed IE8 and Firefox, so here at home I can post normally... YAY!!!

I love that train picture. I, also, hope there are some with a slight smile or even a big grin, tho. I'm counting on being inundated with new pictures in a few weeks!

:GE_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind entry features the latest news about the deluxe CD listing, graphics from the T&T photo shoot/B&N pix, and celebrates the blog's visitors from 145 countries, 11 of which are new!

Looking forward to high resolution photos; however, Fountaindawg created regular and wide screen wallpapers from the one we have, and Cotton made a neat graphic from the B&N pix. :)

Thank you for your comments and assistance in keeping the Internet Clay blogs relevant so the global community finds them at Google. Enjoy! :snoopy:

I suppose there's a certain degree of irony in my saying THANK GOD I'm a heathen and don't have to carry around all this sin-bullshit baggage.

Been laughing about this off and on all day, wanda! :cryingwlaughter:

Have an awesome week, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Based on the previous work Vincent Soyez has posted on his website, I don't really expect to see a shiny, happy look to any of the photographs he took of Clay. Soyez seems to go for a darker, moody vibe with a muted pallet of colors, which is exactly what we've seen so far with the tweaked album cover and the train picture.

But then, what do I know? A whole lot of nothin'! :cryingwlaughter:

Well, this has been one of those days. My cat knocked over my official Clay Aiken fan club coffee mug, spewing coffee across my Mac keyboard. Instead of immediately grabbing the computer and turning it upside down, I stood up and yelled "OMFG!!" about 10 times before taking appropriate action. I dried it with a hairdryer and miracle of miracle all the keys EXCEPT the "e" work. Unfortunately, E is the most commonly used letter in the English language. F#$#$k.

I took myself to the Apple store where the guy assured me the E was probably toast, but they could send the computer off to Apple. Since I'm in the middle of a writing project, that didn't seem like a good idea--so I had my data transferred to a new computer, and I'm now typing (e's and all) on my new MacBook Pro. I'm f#$#%$$king broke now, but this machine is truly an orgasmic experience. OMG. It's worth every penny.

Thanks Liney. Of course it's a young guy who hasn't applied for the mortgage yet. I'm hoping his dad will back him up if he doesn't qualify. He is trying for the first time home buyers credit so it's kind of rush rush right now.

bc, maybe the photographer puts only the gloomy ones up on his web site. Whatever as long as they are good.

wandacleo, enjoy your new mac. You have to do whatever you need to get the project finished.

DLTS in Raleigh was fun. There was no Clay, didn't really expect him, but the dancers were fun. They did a demo of dancing with a young lady in a wheelchair. It looked very difficult. The NIP is preparing for the Pepsi Challange this summer. I hope you all have your emailing fingers ready to go.

:GM_FCA:

35 Days until June 1st and The New CD! :04:

55 Days until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

72 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

87 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

New Clay pic - I sooooo approve :Thud::Thud:

Hair - As long as he still has some :hysterical:

Shoulders - GAH!!!!!!!!! :flirtysmile3:

Smoke around Clay's crotch - Naturally! :hubbahubba:

DLTS in Raleigh was fun. There was no Clay, didn't really expect him, but the dancers were fun. They did a demo of dancing with a young lady in a wheelchair. It looked very difficult.

:hug: So glad you were able to volunteer for this! Sounds like fun.

Can you tell us what the turn out was like? Do you know how successful the event was?

What's with the no listing for the Snoqualmie concert on Ticketmaster? Clearwater is there on the 26th and Reno on the 31st but no Snoqualmie.

Is this something to be concerned about? Or am I fretting needlessly?