#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Eat him up. I wanna EAT HIM UP!

I like this photog...I am forgiving Hawaii today. It is warm and gorgeous and the moped and I are working it. Off to Pearl Harbor!

As for the comment, some people find lots of things offensive and the line varies from person to person. I personally don't see it on the level of racial, ethnic or sexual slur, which are about the only things I think should be censorable. And yes, sometimes it gets to the point of "nevermind some people find it offensive" (which I find strongly passive aggressive) You let people know you don't like it. They can take it into consideration as they post, and everyone here is capable of scrolling. You did let us know that some find it offensive. OK. I reaffirmed that you knew that some people don't and you admitted that they didn't mean to be. As we have said here, it helps everyone if we give people the benefit of the doubt.

Apparently no one else shares my concern about the question "are we sure he's gay?"....sorry if I ruined anyone's fun. I just thought that maybe y'all might want to know that to some people (not just me), what you think is an obviously innocent expression of sexual interest comes off as derogatory, and possibly condescending....but hey, if it's in the name of fun, who am I to knock it? Never mind the people that find it offensive. I'm sure they know how to scroll as well as I do.

Anyways, moving on.........nice new pictures! Thanks for bringing them over, ldyj.

I wore my black On My Way Here t-shirt to work yesterday (casual Friday) and you'd think everyone in the building was interested in my boobs or something, they were checking me out so much. Heh.

Until you mentioned it, I never thought of it as being derogatory and you did make me think about what that expression could convey.

Kim

Good point Luckiest. Although the sentiment has been posted over and over many times on various boards, I guess I never really thought about it. It seems like a cutesy comment implying that the person wishes Clay were straight. Clay is a good looking man who appeals to people both gay and straight so a little wishful thinking is to be expected, I guess.

I've been scrolling like crazy from some off the wall comments I've been reading about these new photos. Is it time to start the teefy talk again. Yikes! Some don't appear to want Clay to grow up and make his own choices.

FeatH20, I read the comments on the examiner.com website. Wow-some of the critism, calling the pics "unprofessional", badly photoshopped, etc...I don't know, they just seem rude. I love, love, love that Clay went this edgy route, the work of Soyez is more like art and I love the feeling I get looking at the pics. I love the second one, which actually was used in the clay and ruben ad for one of the venues, not sure which one. But I enjoy all of them.

I think the photos are provocative and edgy. I love the photos.

Funny though, how some fans are clamoring for the PR machine to start up, and I am thinking why? Fresh material to nit-pick and insult and criticise?

:GM_FCA:

29 Days until June 1st and The New CD!:04:

49 Days until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

66 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

81 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins! :09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Funny though, how some fans are clamoring for the PR machine to start up, and I am thinking why? Fresh material to nit-pick and insult and criticise?

I can never understand criticizing every little thing about Clay. Now it appears that all the photos were photoshopped. I'm sure enough photos were taken so that they could pick and choose the best and not take his hand from one photo and his head from another. Argh!!

Have a wonderful day. I plan to enjoy the day as the coming week has me on jury duty and a terrible dental appointment. :cry4:

FearofH20 Good luck this week. I have grown to really dislike my dentist visits.

I was so annoyed by the comments on the examiner site that I posted some comments this morning.

And now with the International Media promo out there, expect more critism. They did make some factual errors but in all a very positive piece that hopefully will have PBS stations rushing to order. I have to trust that IM is the business of selling their products.

Here is what I wrote on CV about the IM promo.

...what a pleasure to read that promo from the International Music. I haven't read a packaged presentation so positive in a long time. Interesting the quotes they used-Ellen D, who is more in the public eye because of AI. I have to say, regardless of what people think of Ellen, or what she really thinks of Clay and his music, Clay's music does that to me It calms me. I remember recently dancermom had that incident on the subway and how Clay's music soothed her. I really believe that one of the reasons so many of us are still here after 7 years is that Clay's voice goes right to our brain and peforms it's magic.

Anyhoo, my only disappointment is that I don't see "Build me up buttercup" or "In My Life" on the show's song listing. Could it possibly be on the extended package? I would hate to have that lost. I wasn't there and want to experience those songs.

Well I must be nutty because I :wub: my dentists & my periodontist. They are so gentle and make my teeth look great. And yes I've had some painful work done including a gum tuck, an extraction and several crowns. I always tell people if you hate to go to the dentist, it's time to find a new dentist. Because it doesn't have to be that way.

Now if only I could find a doctor I felt the same way about.

---

The constant nitpicking gets old but I've decided some people are just like that. It's who they are. And they are everywhere really, not just Clayland. I have some in my family. I've worked with them, And don't get me started on the baseball & basketball boards I belong to. IMO it's just rampant in our culture. I wish it weren't.

Speaking of being funny, I offer y'all the following video.....it is a brilliantly constructed montage! I spotted the Knights from a Famous Broadway Musical in there, too.....

I find those new pictures of Clay extremely hot.

djs... thanks for bringing that over. I really enjoyed that!

18e6b252.jpg

Seems to me that Clay has become comfortable with photo shoots. He certainly looks like a man who knows exactly who he is, and what he wants. My money's on him.

keeping... ldyj... Such a dramatic shot. I took an art class once and had to put something that didn't belong in a picture. It was neat to see that technique used in this shot. A man... a suave, gorgeous man in a tux on a rock next to a stream somewhere. Kewl!

Funny though, how some fans are clamoring for the PR machine to start up, and I am thinking why? Fresh material to nit-pick and insult and criticize?

djs... (see bolding above) Exactly... Their opinion, their problem.

Complaining fans... "Those pictures are stupid/his hair is stupid/etc and because of that people won't like Clay and if they don't like Clay and I do like him then that makes me wrong and that's my biggest fear in life is that I will be seen as wrong, so if I complain about anything I think is a wrong decision, I am dissociating myself from Clay and his wrong decision just enough that I can be seen as right instead of wrong."

And, that analysis is not meant to be personal in any way, just in case anyone thinks so. (Did I cover all my bases???) LOL

I have been trying for years to figure out why some people are so critical of someone they are a fan of and this is one of my conclusions and I'll admit I could be totally wrong.

WOW! From the International Media Clay Page:

Stations will also have the opportunity to pledge tickets to Clay’s upcoming Tried and True tour, as well as meet and greet opportunities. Clay

will be available for station visits in support of pledge.

I find it ironic that fans who have been around for seven years are still pulling out their hair over Clay's.

Complaining fans... "Those pictures are stupid/his hair is stupid/etc and because of that people won't like Clay and if they don't like Clay and I do like him then that makes me wrong and that's my biggest fear in life is that I will be seen as wrong, so if I complain about anything I think is a wrong decision, I am dissociating myself from Clay and his wrong decision just enough that I can be seen as right instead of wrong."

And, that analysis is not meant to be personal in any way, just in case anyone thinks so. (Did I cover all my bases???) LOL

I have been trying for years to figure out why some people are so critical of someone they are a fan of and this is one of my conclusions and I'll admit I could be totally wrong.

I think you are spot on. I think that is why some fans get so upset when AI disses Clay or refuses to have him on the show...its like if AI acknowledges Clay and admits that he was the greatest thing that ever came out of the show...then somehow it justifies their fandom and they can say they were right all along.

Kim

Finally caught up. Life is really hectic right now and I'm trying to get a few things out of the way before June 1. One will be school, which ends May 18. I'm a bit behind and finals are coming up so I seem to spend every spare moment with my text book in my hand.

Luckiest. Thanks for expressing yourself about the are we sure he's gay comments. While I don't believe the comments were meant in a hurtful way, your comments still made me think. And some times the only way we'll know something might be offensive is for someone to say something.

On the other hand, I do believe more than just racial or ethnic comments should rise to the level of the censurable. Frankly I've seen uproars over things that people have said racially that doesn't bother me in the least little bit. But it seems there is still an open season on gay people and the insensitivity is really prevalent in our culture. And when people in our society are killed for being who they are then it is incumbent on all of us to have an open dialogue and not be offended that someone else is offended. That's the beginning of understanding.

Now on to the photos. I love them especially the one on the train . There's one that looks like he has no neck but so what. They really seem like works of art. And to me they look less airbrushed than most of his older photo shoots. I just don't think Clay will become HOT to people who never thought he was hot before based on a photo shoot. It's about the music. that's what will sell the album. And frankly, after looking at how albums sell in 2010 I honestly am stress free on expectations for this album. It's almost June! Pump up the volume. I can't wait to be able to pledge for my station and get all the goodies.

The constant nitpicking gets old but I've decided some people are just like that. It's who they are. And they are everywhere really, not just Clayland. I have some in my family. I've worked with them, And don't get me started on the baseball & basketball boards I belong to. IMO it's just rampant in our culture. I wish it weren't.

yep yep

That's one of the things I found most fascinating about perusing the fansites for Mylène Farmer in the course of following the tour Reed was on. I read a post on Mylene's International fanboard all about how her marketing team had completely botched up the release of her next single, how the cover art sucked, blah, blah, blah. I had to double-check to make sure that the post was written by a 60-something male Mylène fan from the UK instead of one of the Clay Nation fanagers because it was all-too-familiar.

:wordpooper: They're EVERYWHERE!

Yay for the promotion! I love it. The pictures might not be everyone's cuppa, but what is? I think it's an interesting concept.

We'll be seeing Clay soon. :clay:

And we'll be listening to some new material (new to us from him, that is) :listen:

That's what it's all about to me.

Bring it on! :yahoo:

I would hate to be one of those fans who truly loves Clay in their way and yet sees things with that negative eye. What a way to suck the joy out of a good thing. As JaMar said, some people are just like that. It's not voluntary, although I think it could be modified with some awareness. Who am I kidding? Whatever. I'm just glad it's not my experience.

:GA_FCA:

:whee: Adding my "Yay for the Promotion" cheer! WOOHOO!!!

When I put together a blog, I am away from the mainstream more than ever; so I have been catching up all afternoon. The lead from Carolina On My Mind: Clay Aiken Photos Spotlight Triangle provides an overview of the entry:

New Clay Aiken photos from the singer's Vincent Soyez Tried & True shoot, initial promotion of the August PBS Special by International Media, and CD release party plans for Raleigh, NC, and Red Bank, NJ, are making May seem a lot like Christmas.

Three Soyez photos from the Examiner article and a graphic by AmazingCA accompany the blog. Hope you enjoy! Many thnx to those who visit and comment in the Carolina blog, as well as repost about the entries at Facebook and Twitter. :hug:

While compiling this entry, I helped the mother of a six-year-old tune her daughter's violin ... over the phone. I may have to add that story. :lol:

Have an awesome week, all! :yahoo:

Caro :listen:

Totally OT kinda sorta. CLACK HELP

For those of you that attended the SRHP Florida shows or have watched enough clack of them to have felt like you attended them, can you tell me what was special about each one? luckiest1 and I were slated to do West Palm Beach and Orlando (and then looking at perhaps another Florida one at a later date). When we were just questioned as to why we chose WPB, our answer was, we don't remember, but there was something special about it. We chose Orlando for the obvious reasons (last one of the tour) BUT I'm interested to hear what those of you who are very familiar with the Florida SRHP shows consider the highlights of each of them.

Thanks in advance. We are wanting to start working on these soon (not Clay's), so any input would be appreciated.

I think all you need to do is watch this You Tube:

. BEST that song's ever been sung. Orlando got more attention the next night because it was the last show, but West Palm was the pinnacle performance. He was completely ON.

Way worth checking out at the clack sites:

Scarlett's WISYS

Spotlightlover's Banter & TWYMMF (The banter is priceless)

He blew it out on Without You. And Right Here Waiting was righteous! Clay was perfect and in stunning voice. Afterward, people were remarking that it was the best they had ever heard him sing. It was almost as if there was someone special there that night and he was electrified. He gave it everything he had in every song. He was at his funniest ever with the banter, and his cutest. He jumped into the audience and sang. He was GORGEOUS beyond words. I wanted to eat him up, and KAndre was close enough that I'm surprised she didn't! He touched my hand in the parking lot. He was amazing.

And he looked like this all night ....

micstand.jpg

On traveling around You Tube, I came across this one with the Charlotte DJs the day after the AI5 Finale. I flipped out all over again! And I love when the guy says, "Clay Aiken is awesome."

I don't think I've seen this mentioned before.

I just went to Ticketmaster and saw that the Snoqualmie concert just mentions Ruben Studdard. The photos are all of Ruben. All the other concerts with the exception of the Jacksonville concert are called Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard. What's up with that?

Also the tickets go on pre-sale on May 6th. The OFC does not mention a pre-sale just that they go on sale on May 8th.

That's one of the things I found most fascinating about perusing the fansites for Mylène Farmer in the course of following the tour Reed was on. I read a post on Mylene's International fanboard all about how her marketing team had completely botched up the release of her next single, how the cover art sucked, blah, blah, blah. I had to double-check to make sure that the post was written by a 60-something male Mylène fan from the UK instead of one of the Clay Nation fanagers because it was all-too-familiar.

:wordpooper: They're EVERYWHERE!

Ain't that the truth. I have a couple of other interests that I do some online chatting and frankly I AM one of those people that I have no patience for in the Clay fandom LOL.

And OMG Jamar - the sports boards are the absolute worse. Did you know I'm a better coach than Phil Jackson? You would think so if you read my posts after the Laker game. And they won. I'm a hall of fame coach when they lose LOL.

I think all you need to do is watch this You Tube:

. BEST that song's ever been sung. Orlando got more attention the next night because it was the last show, but West Palm was the pinnacle performance. He was completely ON.

Way worth checking out at the clack sites:

Scarlett's WISYS

Spotlightlover's Banter & TWYMMF (The banter is priceless)

He blew it out on Without You. And Right Here Waiting was righteous! Clay was perfect and in stunning voice. Afterward, people were remarking that it was the best they had ever heard him sing. It was almost as if there was someone special there that night and he was electrified. He gave it everything he had in every song. He was at his funniest ever with the banter, and his cutest. He jumped into the audience and sang. He was GORGEOUS beyond words. I wanted to eat him up, and KAndre was close enough that I'm surprised she didn't! He touched my hand in the parking lot. He was amazing.

And he looked like this all night ....

micstand.jpg

On traveling around You Tube, I came across this one with the Charlotte DJs the day after the AI5 Finale. I flipped out all over again! And I love when the guy says, "Clay Aiken is awesome."

Thanks for the clack recommendations. Great memories! And your descriptions are hawt. :flirtysmile3:

:GM_FCA:

28 Days until June 1st and The New CD!

:04:

48 Days until Clay Brings Broadway Home to NC!

:yahoo:

65 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!

:yahoo:

80 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins! :09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I've been pretty silent on the current topic at hand, just because 1) if I started writing, it would turn into a 5 page rant; and 2) I feel like I said it in 2006 and again in 2008. I kinda hate repeating myself.

luckiest, to be perfectly honest, I didn't know exactly what to say. We all have our "button pushers" but it's so hard to realize them sometimes with the actual tone of voice missing (via the written word). And sometimes for me (personally), avoidance is easy. :thbighug-1:

Could this be the week of the iTunes preorder? I hope so! Wonder what we'll get as an extra?

And I can't be the only one who is obsessively checking the websites for Amazon, Best Buy, WalMart, Target, and Barnes & Noble, looking for snippets and possible special deals. :whistling-1: