#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

I haven't been obsessively clicking on those links you mentioned ladyj because I'm one of the lazy ones. I have been obsessively checking every board that I go to on a regular basis, constantly hitting refresh, to find info that you un-lazy people bring over.

Couchie, your post cracks me up. On the boards, for the most part, I try to consider what I am saying before I post, so I don't start sounding like some of the ones that drive me crazy with their constant criticizing, but when I'm talking to people, I don't always have the opportunity to edit myself before it comes out of my mouth. So sometimes things come out that I'd like to be able to put back in. Thankfully, most people don't carry around tape recorders with them so my words aren't kept for posterity.

As far as saying things like wishing Clay wasn't gay, or many other things for that matter, I don't usually take offense by comments like that. Unless someone has shown to me that they are bigoted or a shit stirrer, I tend to look at it as just joking around. It's not like any of us actually think we'd have a chance with Clay even if he wasn't gay. I've even joked that I'd volunteer for a sex change but I'd also need to figure out a way to to turn 100 extra pounds of fat into height and muscle, and a way to lose about 20 years. I'm not actually looking into any of that, but I sure as hell can't say that I haven't thought about being in Reed's situation sometimes.

There are some things people say that bug me. For instance, I hate the word fey, along with several other terms that I consider derogatory. I just try to keep in mind the board that I'm on. Although I don't post at OC, I do read there, and for some of the posters, that word is not a big deal. If a conversation comes up about the term, and I was a member, I'd probably express my opinion about it. But otherwise, I'd likely just ignore it since if I'm only focusing on a word, then I'm not focusing on what the poster is actually saying.

Time for a lesson in etymology. Please scroll at will.

I also dislike the current use of the word "fey", but for a very different reason.

Fey originally meant "doomed to die" or "at the point of death". From there it morphed to accursed, timid or weak.

A very different word "fay" had a bunch of meanings, the primary being "religious faith" or "allegiance", "faith". It also was linked to the world of faerie as in Morgan le Fay. Somewhere in about the 14th century "fey" took on the meaning of "fay" so you had a word that had connotations of death, faith and faerie. Someone who was fey was devout, doomed and otherworldly. Not exactly anything to do with sexual orientation, but then neither was "gay".

A quick note: Occasionally I have bad ideas. You people need to stop me. Like when I decide to do a circle tour of Oahu, on a scooter, and don't bother to check the weather forecast.

KAndre, I hope you are not typing while on the motor scooter. It makes for a pretty funny scene, especially with the rain. :cryingwlaughter:

Clayshines thanks for the definitions. Never used the word fey and don't think I ever will. The adjectives I tend to use for Clay are funny, caring, handsome and interesting. :snoopy:

I guess I'll probably avoid the snippets again whenever they show up. :fncomputer:

I am not gonna avoid anything. I'm all for instant gratification and I am so eager for Clay anything that I'm ready to explode.

I found this on a Leonard Cohen website...

You may be a Leonard Cohen fan if …

En route from Kentucky to Montreal to view the Leonard Cohen art exhibit,1 you are detained at the Canadian border by a guard, who says, “I’m sorry ma’am, but I’m having trouble believing that you would drive all the way from Kentucky, just to see a Leonard Cohen exhibit. Would you mind pulling over,” after which your car is searched for Cohen contraband, yet on your return, you report

We had a perfect trip, just didn’t get to stay long enough, …

Might be fun if we could do a "You may be a Clay Aiken fan if..." although the above story might look really tame compared to those we Clay fans can tell.

I don't mean to complain. Oh who am I kidding. But why are posters yelling for the message boards at the OFC to be shut down. There are enough boards to go around for fans to pick their favorites. Although I may post there rarely or even read there, some folks call it their home. And to ask for professional moderators, what the heck is that about? Just a little rant about diversity. I think I'll take up Farmville if all the boards are the same.

Sorry, I always tease about Farmville, no harm intended. :friends:

It's primary day in NC. Off to vote for the school board. :cryingwlaughter:

:GM_FCA:

27 Days until June 1st and The New CD! :04:

47 Days until Clay Brings Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

64 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

79 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins! :09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I don't mean to complain. Oh who am I kidding. But why are posters yelling for the message boards at the OFC to be shut down. There are enough boards to go around for fans to pick their favorites. Although I may post there rarely or even read there, some folks call it their home. And to ask for professional moderators, what the heck is that about? Just a little rant about diversity. I think I'll take up Farmville if all the boards are the same.

Sorry, I always tease about Farmville, no harm intended. :friends:

It's primary day in NC. Off to vote for the school board. :cryingwlaughter:

What's interesting is that the ones yelling the loudest for the OFC MB to be shutdown are people who never post there. It is Clay's official board so I can understand that some feel that it should be more professionally moderated than a board that is strictly fan owned and operated. Clay pays for that board and we in turn pay to be there so I think having fans as moderators is not the way to go. I think it might be better to have people who are not so invested in the fandom as moderators.

The OFC MB does have it problems but you will see variants of the same problems at all message boards...I think those problems are just inherent to message boards in general.

No matter what board you are on...you will always have a core group of members; you will always have the fangirlies who think everything Clay does is wonderful...versus those who like a good discussion and don't mind taking a critical look at things Clay does; says, wears, etc. There are always going to be those dissatisfied with how the moderating is going. And yeah...I think you will always have a few fameho's who revel in any attention Clay gives them (although I haven't seen that here).

I just think those problems stand out more at the OFC MB because it is Clay's official board and if that is the first board that potential fans are directed to you want to put on a good face.

My hope is that when the new OFC is unveiled they will address some of those problems and tighten up the message board; it would be nice if all fans would post occasionally at Clay's board so he really can get a true representation of the fandom and not just from those few who call it home.

Kim

bottlecap, my college friends and I used to joke about being "cheap and easy," "cheap but NOT easy," or "easy but NOT cheap." Which would you consider yourself? I think I'm personally the latter...

From getclayaiken:

Here's a link for Clay's upcoming ringtones....not available yet, but perhaps everything is getting ready to start....soon.

Clay ringtones on funtonia.com

...and I don't know what she'll be doing now, but I'm glad we have the memories of WDC.

Angela Fisher facebook
I've been singing professionally for 20 years and have had the opportunity to tour with many artists as well.

I love to have lots of fun and try to enjoy my life to the fullest.

I also like to challenge myself. I'm in the process of changing my profession after so many years of singing. SO far so good!! I'm extremely excited.

....annnnd...a Mother's Day interview with Faye on WRAL which talks about what it's like to be the mom of a celebrity. Talks about Parker a lot. Says he's precocious like his daddy but not talking yet like Clay was at that age. She also gives a plug at the end for Clay's CD and PBS special. It's about 5 mins. in length.

WRAL Mother's Day interview with Faye Parker

EEEEEEEEE! Those clips sound great!

clayofficial03.jpg

laughn at getclayaiken noticed the mirror behind Clay...and the shadowy figure therein. Hmmm...could it be? And could that be the reason Clay is smiling? LOL!

Just a quick comment about Parker not talking at 21 months. I have three children and the first two talked early and often, before they were a year old. My oldest son at two would stand on a table, anywhere, and belt out Rhinestone Cowboy. The baby was not interested in talking at all. My mother told me over and over that he had a problem. The pediatrician told me that his hearing was fine and he was busy learning other things and talking would come. My husband believed that we were so overly attentive to the baby that he didn't talk because he didn't have to! Anyway, when he was about 2-1/2 and still mostly pointing and grunting, I was sitting at the table with my older son working on math homework and asked him, "What is 3 + 3." The baby who never said anything, quietly said, "Six" ... and I almost fell out of my chair. That's when we knew some of what his little brain had been doing all those months.

And he'll always be my baby! scan0052-1.jpg

KF, that is so sweet.

I'm going to take names of any fans who dare suggest that Parker is anything but the genius that Clay says he is. If I remember correctly Einstein didn't speak until he was seven or so. But I do know that Clay will love any child no matter what abilities he or she has.

Am I in a snit or what today. Actually I had a very nice lunch with friends today and had a fantastic piece of strawberry cake.

I'm liking the new picture of Clay too!

Love the new pictures...I know everyone is drooling over the one of Clay in the booth..but I really like the one of him sitting at the bar...hard to believe it is the same man!

Kim