#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!

Wait, that doesn't sound quite right…

thread title?

Fear, I used to think that because its' Clay's official board that it was too much of a cesspool. to me the lowest time was when Clay came out. But I figure it's Clay's board and he'll do whatever he wants with it. And as you said, it is somebody's home. I don't post there. I rarely even go there and I don't see myself ever being a participating member there so it's not really my issue. I know many feel that because they pay they get to have a say so there is that side of it.

LOVE the new pictures. He looks so natural.

San Diego is sweet...a gorgeous day and a fair amount of exhaustion upon which I will blame me getting on a Metrolink train to San Bernadino instead of the Amtrak to San Diego. They are not at all close together.

The leather jacket looks like caramel, which of course leads to me eating him up.

Just a quick comment about Parker not talking at 21 months. I have three children and the first two talked early and often, before they were a year old. My oldest son at two would stand on a table, anywhere, and belt out Rhinestone Cowboy. The baby was not interested in talking at all. My mother told me over and over that he had a problem. The pediatrician told me that his hearing was fine and he was busy learning other things and talking would come. My husband believed that we were so overly attentive to the baby that he didn't talk because he didn't have to! Anyway, when he was about 2-1/2 and still mostly pointing and grunting, I was sitting at the table with my older son working on math homework and asked him, "What is 3 + 3." The baby who never said anything, quietly said, "Six" ... and I almost fell out of my chair. That's when we knew some of what his little brain had been doing all those months.

And he'll always be my baby! scan0052-1.jpg

Hey Kf neither of my kids walked or talked early, in fact a bit on the late side, but once they started I couldn't shut them up! Still can't.

They both excel in English and the younger one is quite the public speaker. So I believe that, within certain very wide limits, it doesn't mean much.

I'm with fear, take names of anyone that dares hint that Parker,or my kids, or yours, or ours, are anything but the absolute geniuses we know they are.

Niiice pitchers! (did anyone else immediately think "Oh Richie Cunningham" :wub: )

:GM_FCA:

26 Days until June 1st and The New CD! :04:

46 Days until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

63 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!

:yahoo:

78 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Ever hit a key and wipe out an entire computer project? That happened to me Tuesday just as I was finishing the new blog's final segment on the Nashville flood, so Carolina On My Mind is a "Take 2" from beginning to end. Whew!

Covered are the excitement surrounding the addition of three new photos to the "Clay Aiken Tried & True Live!" page, a complete listing of Timeless Tour ticket sales dates, new photo graphic by Cotton, SueReu's Clay-Ruben montage, Sendspace downloads of the Clearwater radio spot in audio and video (Fountaindawg) and reports from Nashville's catastrophic flood.

Though she's not identified, you will recognize a quote by cindilu2 RE the new pictures of Clay. :cryingwlaughter:

I finally heard from my good friend in Nashville at 9 p.m. last night. Our area (Bellevue) was hit particularly hard, which she described in detail. I used some of her impressions/reports in this entry. Like me, she was preparing for spring recitals, etc. Much is on hold in Music City.

Today I look forward to enjoying the boards instead of compiling a blog twice. Thank you for your visits and comments. Have a great Wednesday, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

26 Days until June 1st and The New CD! :04:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

FYI: We bandy about who Clay resembles and vice versa, but actually nobody else looks like Clay Aiken to me. I love the new pictures for the authenticity and mood. To be honest, I prefer his hair with more length, but in the 50's it really didn't matter if the style flattered or not -- it was uniformly over-the-ears SHORT for males. The only alternative was SHORTER! Clay is keeping it real for this LP, and I love that!

Also, I think we committed fans are the only people who have cared if his hair is parted on the left or right, or if it's flat or poofy, over the eyes or slicked back with Vitalis. I kind of resigned from the Hair Club for Clay once I gave a thought to how many other artists I consider according to how they wear their hair. Zero. Clay deserves the same freedom from superficial judgment from me. All I know is, he's dashing and handsome, and ooooooo baby, those eyes!

26 Days!!

If you haven't heard the George Rekers story yet, it's worth a Google for the hypocrisy factor alone. Rekers is a Baptist preacher who co-founded Family Research Council with Dobson, and has been at the forefront of the FRC's anti-gay or "ex-gay" craziness for more than 20 years.

George A. Rekers was caught a few days ago coming home from a ten day European vacation with a male prostitute he'd hired on Rentboy.com. Rekers first claimed he didn't know the man was a prostitute, then said he'd hired him to carry his luggage, and after pictures came to light with Rekers carrying the luggage, he finally went with he was trying to bring him the message of Jesus.

Karma is such a fine bitch!

Just a quick comment about Parker not talking at 21 months. I have three children and the first two talked early and often, before they were a year old. My oldest son at two would stand on a table, anywhere, and belt out Rhinestone Cowboy. The baby was not interested in talking at all. My mother told me over and over that he had a problem. The pediatrician told me that his hearing was fine and he was busy learning other things and talking would come. My husband believed that we were so overly attentive to the baby that he didn't talk because he didn't have to! Anyway, when he was about 2-1/2 and still mostly pointing and grunting, I was sitting at the table with my older son working on math homework and asked him, "What is 3 + 3." The baby who never said anything, quietly said, "Six" ... and I almost fell out of my chair. That's when we knew some of what his little brain had been doing all those months.

And he'll always be my baby! scan0052-1.jpg

keeping... that is such a cute story. None of my kids or grandkids were late talkers, so it was a bit concerning. Maybe his daddy won't let him get a word in edgewise... LOL

If you haven't heard the George Rekers story yet, it's worth a Google for the hypocrisy factor alone. Rekers is a Baptist preacher who co-founded Family Research Council with Dobson, and has been at the forefront of the FRC's anti-gay or "ex-gay" craziness for more than 20 years.

George A. Rekers was caught a few days ago coming home from a ten day European vacation with a male prostitute he'd hired on Rentboy.com. Rekers first claimed he didn't know the man was a prostitute, then said he'd hired him to carry his luggage, and after pictures came to light with Rekers carrying the luggage, he finally went with he was trying to bring him the message of Jesus.

Karma is such a fine bitch!

keeping... BWAH!!! I have often felt that many of those who are homophobic are because of their fears around being gay themselves. Just my opinion. The religious people who honestly think it is wrong cause it says so in the bible, I just feel sorry for when I'm not being angry at them for being so short-sighted.

25 Days until June 1st and The New CD!

:04:

46 Days until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!

:yahoo:

63 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

78 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Hugs and Prayers to all in need!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Just a quick hi. I'm expecting some new Clay info today as I will be sleeping the day away after my dental appointment today. There must be some kind of plan in place, but I'm content waiting to see it unfold. For Clay, not me. :cryingwlaughter:

The first of the Gala vacations I won bids on happens later this month at Hurrah's Cherokee resort in the NC mountains. It's supposed to be pretty nice but we are just not gamblers.

Have a wonderful day and start saving up for that tour. :needclay:

I just saw this. EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

From the CH:

I was just now told that QVC announced that Clay will be on next Wednesday between 12 and 1 pm with his new music...

A FULL HOUR BABY!!

A FULL HOUR BABY!!

Not necessarily...

More from JanWhatever at the CH:

On Wednesday set your calendars, we have not 1 but 2 great celebrities coming in, we have Clay Aiken and Richard Simmons, so we are in for some great singing and dancing it sounds like to me.

And then this post shows up at the CH, via CV:

Marhaven posted at CV -
Seriously, guys....read my post. This is Qcheck, he may be a guest and he may even sing somethhing, but the whole show is not about him - it's a daily show called QCheck. Perhaps they'll announce a later performance show.

Yeah, I just read all of those posts. It could be that he will appear on QVC to preview his cd and maybe sing a little. Maybe he will be back to sing more at a later time and get a full hour.

Looking forward to all kinds of little surprises over the next few weeks.

Not for nothing... this is why I'd love one of those surprises to be an Idol appearance. Capped from amazon.com a hour or so ago. Sigh.

On a happier note - that Richie Cunningham/restaurant booth photo made me smile harder than just about anything has for a long time. He's SOOOOOO gorgeous.

post-496-127317526161_thumb.jpg

QVC brings back memories of being in NY for Spamalot and ordering the CD on QVC online on merrieeee's computer before heading to the airport that Monday morning ... and then watching Clay on QVC that evening back home.

As I recall there were only a finite number of CDs available with the QVC bonus, and it was just the week before the CD drop. This time they may want an idea of how many they will need to press. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Not only does he sound amazing...he looks absolutely gorgeous...I am grinning from ear to ear...just made my day!

Kim

Squeeeeeeeeeee!!! GAH - he looks and sounds as great as I remember.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! And they are holding back the best!!!

:flirtysmile3:

:snoopy:

ETA: God, I just can't stop smiling. How awesome is he?????