#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

:GM_FCA:

Happy Easter to all!

57 Days until June 1st and The New CD!

:04:

Clay addresses The Key Club Convention in July!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all Celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Could this be Clay? Kind of makes sense to me...have Ruben on one week and then Clay the next!

Tweeted

idolsnow Which former finalist is returning to Idol Wednesday night to sing a Lennon-McCartney song? We're sworn to secrecy at the moment.

about 1 hour ago via web

th_Easterbasket3.gifHappy Easter Sunday, FCA!

Thnx to those who have visited the new Carolina On My Mind blog. I posted a blurb about the celebration of Easter, Spring rebirth, seasonal photographs by Sally, Clay Aiken graphics from Easters past, the latest on Kai and Lia, etc., in the wee hours. Again, many thnx who have stopped by. :wub:

I notice lots of people saving the older CA Easter graphics. :lol:

Happy Birthday to Aspiegirl! thbirthdaygreet.gif

Wishing you and yours a very special day! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

Happy Easter everyone!

Off to BIL's shortly for a late afternoon meal. Made a pretzel cheesecake for dessert. Doing WW (again! - I found that darn weight I lost!) so really not looking forward to this dinner.. I want to eat everything!!! (I haven't met much food I don't like!)... but will try to just take tastes of what I really really want. Have to remember that most of the food will be stuff I can have anytime so it's really not that special. Did that sound convincing??? :clay:

But it's always good to see the family so I'll make the most of that and do my best to ignore the food that will be sitting on the table calling my name!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Could this be Clay? Kind of makes sense to me...have Ruben on one week and then Clay the next!

Tweeted

idolsnow Which former finalist is returning to Idol Wednesday night to sing a Lennon-McCartney song? We're sworn to secrecy at the moment.

about 1 hour ago via web

Oooooh, that sound very, very interesting........In My Life anyone? I may just have to watch, you just never know. Stranger things have happened.....

{{{ldyj}}}, hope you feel better soon!

Feel better soon Ldyj

SpikesmomI can feel ya on the "not having met any food I don't like" thing. Funnily enough the stress I am having keeping my house ready for viewings is doing me good in the pounds dept - vacuuming and running around like a cleaning ninja every morning before work must be good exercise. Who knew?

Another tweet..narrowing it down!

Another tweet from Idols Now.

@pabuckie asks: How about another HINT ---> Is is MALE or FEMALE? Hi @pabuckle -- OK, we can answer that. Male.

11 minutes ago via web in reply to pabuckie

Reply Retweet

Another tweet..narrowing it down!

Another tweet from Idols Now.

@pabuckie asks: How about another HINT ---> Is is MALE or FEMALE? Hi @pabuckle -- OK, we can answer that. Male.

11 minutes ago via web in reply to pabuckie

Reply Retweet

Hee - doesn't that narrow it down to about 50?

*tries real hard not to be a wet blanket*

*fails miserably*

Honestly? As much as I detest the show (not the talent - the machine) I would LOVE for Clay to be on it as a performer again but I honestly don't expect it to ever happen. AND if it does, I want it to be in May, just before the CD drops - not now when it really won't matter much in this less-than-five-minute attention span world. Yeah, I don't want much, I know.

I feel like American Idol owes Clay a Beatles song after the lighting debacle for "Here, There, and Everywhere" on the AI2 finale, so I'd love for Clay to be the mystery singer. The tour mention by Ruben last week generated a lot of buzz, and it would be great to see the promo momentum build.

Feel better soon Ldyj

SpikesmomI can feel ya on the "not having met any food I don't like" thing. Funnily enough the stress I am having keeping my house ready for viewings is doing me good in the pounds dept - vacuuming and running around like a cleaning ninja every morning before work must be good exercise. Who knew?

Yes, feel better Ldyj!

ausdon - so the trick is selling your house? Yes, who knew? LOL Well, I did OK. Very, very small portions of most stuff - like a tablespoon just so I could taste it. I did have a bit more of my SIL's german potato salad - I only eat it there and it's very good (easy on the dressing so you can taste it but the potatoes are not doing the backstroke). And a small piece of cheesecake - that was more than a tablespoon - LOL. Amazingly, I do not feel hungry and I don't feel stuffed. :cryingwlaughter:

Not sure that I think AI will have Clay. I'd love to be wrong but won't get my hopes up. I may DVR it just in case and then just delete if it's not him....

more info from idols now

@peterlatorre can u tell us what season they were from?? Peter: not season 1 or 3.

11 minutes ago via web in reply to peterlatorre

Getting interesting.

more info from idols now

@peterlatorre can u tell us what season they were from?? Peter: not season 1 or 3.

Getting interesting.

"Josh Gracin!" she squeaked excitedly.

*snerk*

Hi, everyone... long time no see! I have been working solid since last Sunday, 12 to 14 hrs a day on this proposal at work. (yes, today, too) It goes out tomorrow and hopefully things will be normal for awhile. I read at lunchtime but I cannot post at work.

Good news... my boss is so appreciative of the hours I put in that he gave me a round-trip first class plane ticket to Reno for Clay's concert and is going to reimburse me for ticket and hotel. That is totally cool. That way I'll be fine for getting from Reno to LA for the next night's concert.

Bad news... I won't be able to drive treenuts home after the concert, couchie. However, since my boss is paying for my room, tree... you get a free stay!

I live in SoCal and that earthquake was scary cause it lasted for awhile and when that happens it can be bad. I also felt one large aftershock, but no damage was done by either that I know of personally. It took a full fifteen minutes for the adrenaline in my system to calm down and my blood pressure to get back to normal.

I like the CD cover, but hope on the real cover they pick a slightly better picture of Clay. If not, so be it... I'll buy my 7 copies anyway... or, has inflation pushed that up to 8???? LOL

Bad news... I won't be able to drive treenuts home after the concert, couchie. However, since my boss is paying for my room, tree... you get a free stay!

Oh I wasn't going to drop her off in Reno and leave her. She has a ride home!

more info from idols now

Getting interesting.

"Josh Gracin!" she squeaked excitedly.

*snerk*

cryingwlaughter.gif

Sure seems he's at least trying to string the Clay fans along, though, doesn't it? Maybe he likes the hits.

:GM_FCA:

There were a couple of more tweets last night...to paraphrase...letter "A" in the last name, first, last or middle initial and you can eliminate season 8.

I still think it could be Clay!

56 Days until June 1st and The New CD!

:04:

Clay addresses The Key Club in July!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I really, really, really want it to be Clay, but it's probably David Archuleta. One of his AI "moments" was a performance of Imagine, and it was his own song choice for the finale. He also sang Long and Winding Road on the show. Given that AI has no imagination, that's probably who it is. Although....if they want to recover some of those lost ratings, I would think having Clay there would be the best way to do it.

Sure seems he's at least trying to string the Clay fans along, though, doesn't it? Maybe he likes the hits.

It isn't Clay fans that are feeling strung along. Actually, Clay fans seem to be a non-factor at IdolsNow. It was "A"rchuleta and "A"dam fans who were swarming last night, certain that it's their guy. Especially the Archuleta fans because he sang "Imagine" in his season and this is Lennon-McCartney week. It was Archie's fans grousing that they better not be getting jerked around!

Anyway, one of the last clues last night was an "A" as the first or second letter in either the first or last name. That eliminated just about everybody BUT Clay since it says "either" and the others have the "A" in both first and last names. The next tweet was, "It could be both. MAYBE." Which could be a cover the ass tweet since it had been made clear earlier that Fox has embargoed the announcement. If it's Clay we'll all be happy, but I swear the Archie fans will be flailing about, because they seriously expect it to be their guy -- and hundreds of them started following IdolsNow yesterday.

My hope is that it's Clay and more than musical guest, that he's the first Idol mentor. That would be most excellent. I think AI owes him some kind of FIRST!

Home from work today, sicker than a dog. I think went through an entire box of 300 count Puffs yesterday!

I think I'll work on catching up on the news articles from last week, and getting the concert threads a little more complete later today.

I'm in the "hope it's Clay on AI this week, won't commit suicide if it isn't" camp. I think it would be a cool thing, and I'm hoping that with time, AI will come to realize the talent (and publicity) Clay provides for them, just by being him. LOL.