#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Just listened to everything iTunes had to offer. What do you say after that? Maybe I'm amazed. That "said" in Crying sent me for a loop. I am amazed. What a sound. What a sound.

Oh, yes! There are so many beautiful sounds in 'Crying'. While UM blew my mind with it's power and (sorry, I've run out of descriptors), I don't think he's ever sounded more beautiful than on Crying. He made sounds with his voice that I don't think I've ever heard before. Seriously other-worldly. GAH!!

Oh my - they really are sublime. I think What Kind of Fool Am I might just kill me. And I love the swingy feel of It's Only Make Believe - so different from Conway's classic and yet so wonderful! And nobody but nobody sings a hard 'R' like Clay. I've missed it so!!!

:snoopy: GAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

:GM_FCA:

So I see I missed some excitement last night...that's what I get for going to bed early. Don't have i-tunes on my computer...not sure if I want to install it...older computer and I always get nervous installing new apps. Really am going to hold off listening to anymore snippets...want to stay a bit unspoilered until the CD comes out.

19 Days until June 1st and The New CD! :04:

39 Days until Clay Brings Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

56 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

71 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins! :09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Felt like crap last night. I can't tell if I've got the flu, or if it's my allergies, or what. Anyway, I managed to make it through Lost, and then went to bed. (You know it's bad when I didn't immediately watch Glee after Lost.) So, of course, I missed all the excitement.

Not anymore.

Wow, he sounds fantastic. That's the word I keep using -- fantastic. This is going to be a fun album, and I can't wait to have it in my hot little hands!

bottlecap, I agree with you on wanting to see all the credits for this album. The musicianship of everyone involved is phenomenal!

:GM_FCA:

Just before the two tracks hit on Tuesday I uploaded a most prophetic Carolina entry: Clay Aiken T&T Album Buzz Builds. Here are the specs:

At 20 days out, promotional buzz for Clay Aiken's "Tried & True" album with Decca is the perfect example of a steadily building crescendo. Fans honor the life of Yollie950, a dedicated CA fan known around the world for her wonderful montages of the singer.

I suspected tracks were coming, so already had links for MySpace and added the others as they happened. Thnx to a plug at Ideal Idol, there are lots of hits. Your comments/visits are always appreciated. I'm sure Yollie's family will appreciate being able to read how much she was appreciated by Clay's fans.

Just listened to everything iTunes had to offer. What do you say after that? Maybe I'm amazed. That "said" in Crying sent me for a loop. I am amazed. What a sound. What a sound.

Oh, yes! There are so many beautiful sounds in 'Crying'. While UM blew my mind with it's power and (sorry, I've run out of descriptors), I don't think he's ever sounded more beautiful than on Crying. He made sounds with his voice that I don't think I've ever heard before. Seriously other-worldly. GAH!!

I have never had luck with iTunes, so I am salivating reading all the adjectives. Are you able to download the snippets? That might make me try loading iTunes again, LOL! :whistling-1:

Felt like crap last night. I can't tell if I've got the flu, or if it's my allergies, or what.[snip]

Wow, he sounds fantastic. That's the word I keep using -- fantastic. This is going to be a fun album, and I can't wait to have it in my hot little hands!

bottlecap, I agree with you on wanting to see all the credits for this album. The musicianship of everyone involved is phenomenal!

:hug: Feel better, Idyj. I second or third Bottle's desire to see the credits. :snoopy:

Have a special day, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

There's something about every one of the song snippets that is special and compelling. I can't wait to hear ... every single song. I think his voice in What Kind of Fool is so rich, and his voice and phrasing in You Don't Have to Say You Love Me is beyond tingly. The way he says "and beg you to come home" sounds so GAH.

The quality of the engineering on this thing is just ridiculous. The musicianship is insane. This is a brilliantly conceived and executed project. I'm a quality-over-quantity kind of person, so whether this thing wins awards or sells a jazzillion copies, and it certainly could do both from what I've heard, what he's done is step up to the forefront of the big leagues and hit every tune right out of the whole damned park. I love that Clay has walked into the realm of the immortals and out of the planned obsolescence turnover of the music industry machinery. Wonder where Who's Sorry Now will show up? On the Amazon Deluxe? Or is that an exclusive packaged especially for Simon Fuller?

*snort* :haha:

There's something about every one of the song snippets that is special and compelling. I can't wait to hear ... every single song. I think his voice in What Kind of Fool is so rich, and his voice and phrasing in You Don't Have to Say You Love Me is beyond tingly. The way he says "and beg you to come home" sounds so GAH.

The quality of the engineering on this thing is just ridiculous. The musicianship is insane. This is a brilliantly conceived and executed project. I'm a quality-over-quantity kind of person, so whether this thing wins awards or sells a jazzillion copies, and it certainly could do both from what I've heard, what he's done is step up to the forefront of the big leagues and hit every tune right out of the whole damned park. I love that Clay has walked into the realm of the immortals and out of the planned obsolescence turnover of the music industry machinery. Wonder where Who's Sorry Now will show up? On the Amazon Deluxe? Or is that an exclusive packaged especially for Simon Fuller?

Took me a minute (I blame the cough medicine) but, BWAH!

(Who's Sorry Now is on the Amazon Deluxe track listing though)

From CH just now,

Per CV, when Qcheck was mentioned they just said Richard Simmons. No mention of Clay. I don't think he is going to be on today since there has been no mention of it on the OFC or even twitter.

I have never had luck with iTunes, so I am salivating reading all the adjectives. Are you able to download the snippets? That might make me try loading iTunes again, LOL! whistling-1.gif

I don't think you can download them, but the 'preview all' button is my best friend. smile.gif

From CH just now,

Per CV, when Qcheck was mentioned they just said Richard Simmons. No mention of Clay. I don't think he is going to be on today since there has been no mention of it on the OFC or even twitter.

Just saw this at CV:

I heard them talk this morning on QVC that Clay was supposed to be on, but because of a contract with GMA, he can't. Wonder if that means just today.

GMA? If true, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I’d love Clay to do a heavily-promoted multi-day stint on GMA, even though Diane Sawyer isn’t there any more. A couple of days of substantive interviews, followed by a concert appearance would be great. I think Clay has a heck of a story to tell about his life since becoming a father and coming out in 2008, and it makes a natural hook into the album promotion. One way or another, Clay needs to do a wide-ranging interview to rev up the general public’s interest in his work, and GMA would be a good venue for that, IMO.

I pre-ordered the Tried and True 'DVD' from amazon.com last week and at the time it said June 01 - same as the CD. I know this has been on again/off again on amazon, but figured what the heck. I just got this email:

We're writing about the order you placed on May 08 2010 Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date: Estimated arrival date: July 30 2010 - August 03 2010

ETA: I'm enjoying the Team Clay facebooks/OFC messages/tweets, etc - but it sure would be nice to hear a little something from the man himself. His 'hotel' blog was Feb 8th - more than three months ago now. Nobody's that busy (while at the same time being invisible, lol)!

DECCA finally listed the contents of the Deluxe Edition!

http://www.deccarecords-us.com/artist/releases/release.aspx?pid=64095&aid=97131

Build Me Up Buttercup live is on Disc 2 of the Deluxe CD/DVD, along with the Making of Tried & True feature. :snoopy:

Also included - Who's Sorry Now and Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

DECCA finally listed the contents of the Deluxe Edition!

http://www.deccarecords-us.com/artist/releases/release.aspx?pid=64095&aid=97131

Build Me Up Buttercup live is on Disc 2 of the Deluxe CD/DVD, along with the Making of Tried & True feature. :snoopy:

Also included - Who's Sorry Now and Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Tree... whoo hoo!!! This is the Deluxe version what isn't being released till August??? Ihey probably don't want to interfere with the PBS pledging. I'm ok with that. The treats are spread out more that way.

I cannot download the new Flash here at work, so I did download the clips and am listening on auto repeat. I'm so impressed. This cd is going to spotlight Clay's one-of-a-kind voice like nothing else he's done. I love his other cds, but this one is in a class by itself. Thank goodness for Decca and all those who "get" him at this label.

liney, Amazon makes things about as clear as mud, but no, I don't think that's what is being released in August. To my understanding the regular CD, the deluxe CD w/2 discs (assuming one has the bonus tracks and Making Of), and the DVD are three different things. AFAIK it's the DVD that is now August. Just my not-so-educated guess at the font of misinformation that is Amazon. My deluxe CD still shows shipping on June 1.

cindi, I'm reading that the same way you are. I think there will be a DVD that will be offered first via PBS pledges (which I will do, since I believe in PBS), but will probably also buy a copy via Amazon. I've got my deluxe on order, will probably also buy just a regular copy as well. Oh yeah, and the iTunes download.

Hee.

I think the DVD will be the PBS Special and they won't release it until it's time for PBS to air the show during pledge drive. I know I've watched several shows on PBS and checked with Amazon to find the DVD available at a fraction of the PBS membership price. I would imagine that PBS would have a say in the release date since it could impact their pledges. And I do expect the PBS version to have an extra here and there to sweeten the pot.

Okay, so we're going to get three bonuses so far with Sorry, Breaking up and You Don't Have to Say, not to mention a video bonus of Buttercup. I wonder how many CDs I'll have to buy to get everything!

I wonder why anyone would buy the standard version for $10 when for an addition $2.99 you get two bonus songs, a making-of short, and the Buttercup video. Such a deal!!

ETA: I think that except for the easy ones like MR, SM, and UM, I'm going to avoid the acronyms, such as YDHTSYLM, and just shorten the titles, eg. Fool, Make Believe, Hush, etc. The long ones get to be a blur after five albums!

ETA: I think that except for the easy ones like MR, SM, and UM, I'm going to avoid the acronyms, such as YDHTSYLM, and just shorten the titles, eg. Fool, Make Believe, Hush, etc. The long ones get to be a blur after five albums!

:flirtysmile3: :thbighug-1: :preachit::yahoo::woman:

THANK YOU!! The @#$^&*() acronyms are driving me crazy already!

Some information that I gleaned today about the Windsor concert.

This is what I have found out about sales for this concert.

1. May 16 between noon and 8pm there is a presale for Total Rewards Members Only (this is the Players Card).

2. May 19, there is a presale. Ticketmaster told me originally it was a ticketmaster presale SO if you receive email alerts and Clay is a favourite, you should be receiving an email announcing the sale and given a password. (at least that's what she originally told me right before she told me about the fan club presale) When I said that I doubted there would be a fan club presale, she told me to check with the fan club because she was 97.99% sure there was one. I didn't really get any further with this lady and I PM'd a mod at OFC to see if we can get anything more concrete from them.

3. The regular sale on May 21.