#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Has anyone gone back and listened again to Dave Novik's YouTube interviews in light of knowing he's Clay's Executive Producer? I did, and enjoyed them more than the first time. Reminded me that he's British, which I had forgotten. And discusses his ideas about promotion, which seem to center on TOURING! So, we're getting the Clay/Ruben tour this summer, for which I am certain there will be much interest on the chat shows, with both guys singing together, and with both their solo LPs getting plugs.

I think their marketing cornerstone is the PBS Special. PBS shows have a track record of making magic in record sales. And the buzz about PBS stations offering tickets to a Tried & True tour as a membership premium is most intriguing.

I have to keep reminding myself that this release is a different ballgame altogether, and Decca is probably not going for a blockbuster week one - but a blockbuster year one.

And to be totally OTT: Is anyone here watching Survivor? The finale is tomorrow night, and IMO it's the best Survivor ever, and I've watched them all. Even given that I read the spoilers early on, which turned out to be exactly right, it's been the most fascinating season -- not to see WHO was voted out each week, but to see how they got to that vote every week, and there have been some doozies.

KF I stupidly read the survivor boot list and that ruined it for me because all my favorites left kinda early. So I never really got into it. Watched off and on. I'm happy about the winner LOL. I'll probably watch tomorrow night but please no more allstars.

Fear, the festival sounds fun. Maybe we'll attend since we'll have all day before the show.

KF I stupidly read the survivor boot list and that ruined it for me because all my favorites left kinda early. So I never really got into it. Watched off and on. I'm happy about the winner LOL. I'll probably watch tomorrow night but please no more allstars.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Sandra to win! But I haven't been "spoilering" myself and will be happy with just about anyone winning that's not named Russell.

Hey Couchie, do you think your mom will let us listen to Clay debacle us sing to us all the way to Reno? :whistling-1:

I was sick to see Boston Rob go so early, but watching the jackals eat their own has been entertaining. J.T. will become a legendary idiot for giving the immunity idol to Russell!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Sandra to win! But I haven't been "spoilering" myself and will be happy with just about anyone winning that's not named Russell.

I loved how Sandra totally got over on Russell this week. Russell voted for Rupert thinking the bulge in Rupert's pocket was the hidden idol and that Sandra would go home. But Sandra had it all along and it blew up Russell's wily plan. Rupert's fake idol in the pocket plan totally blew up in his face. It was beautiful. I've been thinking Sandra was coasting until the last couple of weeks. Now I think she's the brains of the outfit.

Has anyone gone back and listened again to Dave Novik's YouTube interviews in light of knowing he's Clay's Executive Producer? I did, and enjoyed them more than the first time. Reminded me that he's British, which I had forgotten. And discusses his ideas about promotion, which seem to center on TOURING! So, we're getting the Clay/Ruben tour this summer, for which I am certain there will be much interest on the chat shows, with both guys singing together, and with both their solo LPs getting plugs.

I think their marketing cornerstone is the PBS Special. PBS shows have a track record of making magic in record sales. And the buzz about PBS stations offering tickets to a Tried & True tour as a membership premium is most intriguing.

I have to keep reminding myself that this release is a different ballgame altogether, and Decca is probably not going for a blockbuster week one - but a blockbuster year one.

And to be totally OTT: Is anyone here watching Survivor? The finale is tomorrow night, and IMO it's the best Survivor ever, and I've watched them all. Even given that I read the spoilers early on, which turned out to be exactly right, it's been the most fascinating season -- not to see WHO was voted out each week, but to see how they got to that vote every week, and there have been some doozies.

keeping... I agree that Decca is going to handle promotion differently. I would hate for Clay to lose his record of all his cds landing in the top 5 for opening week, but I have a feeling that first week sales are not a Decca concern. They nurture their artists for long productive careers that just keep growing as the years go by. Since I want that for Clay, I'm ok with whatever they have on their promotional calendar. We may not see the same sort of promotion we have been used to... I guess we'll see.

I also agree with you that this season of Survivor has been fascinating. Some doozies indeed!

I was sick to see Boston Rob go so early, but watching the jackals eat their own has been entertaining. J.T. will become a legendary idiot for giving the immunity idol to Russell!

I loved how Sandra totally got over on Russell this week. Russell voted for Rupert thinking the bulge in Rupert's pocket was the hidden idol and that Sandra would go home. But Sandra had it all along and it blew up Russell's wily plan. Rupert's fake idol in the pocket plan totally blew up in his face. It was beautiful. I've been thinking Sandra was coasting until the last couple of weeks. Now I think she's the brains of the outfit.

tree... I have not liked Sandra at all, but if she pulls it off, I'm fine. I kinda would like Jerry to win... she has kept her nose clean. I think it would be neat for an all girl finale. I honestly don't know who would win if that were the case and that makes it kinda fun.

Back on topic... I just ordered the Deluxe CD from Amazon thru this site, so that should be some money for you, couchie... yes??? Misty is sooo gorgeous, even tho I was a BIG Johnny Mathis fan in college and totally wore out the album I had. And, I really really can't wait to hear the big note of UM. Soon... it's soon!!!

:GA_FCA:

For a blog entry, I am collecting feedback from NJU/casual fans/friends who have heard the T&T sneak previews or viewed the PBS Special promo. If you have a report, please share. I have a couple of good stories; and if you have one, please post here or PM me. Many thnx! :snoopy:

Have a great weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

I was actually watching the Time/Life Pop Memories of the 60's this afternoon, and I kept watching because I could imagine Clay singing so many of those songs. And it occurs to me that all the songs Clay is singing were Top 40 hits of the 60's -- the only 50's song on the core album is Make Believe from 1958. Whose Sorry Now is a second one, counting the bonus songs.

The announcer said repeatedly -- songs they don't play on the radio anymore -- songs of the 60's, pop songs, folk songs, fun songs, classic love songs. It was country, folk, R&B, pop, novelty, soundtrack, choral groups, grand instrumentals, love songs sung by singers with real voices, and I remember hearing every bit of this stuff on the same radio station over many years. But now, every station is a specific market, so people aren't exposed to the variety of music anymore, unless they are very eclectic samplers of online music sites. I wonder if a commercial radio station could make it in the twenty-teens playing such a wide variety of music, the best of all genres? Could it come around again? I know I thrived on it when I was a teen-ager. Music lovers weren't influenced to jump in any one little box back then, and listen to this or that at the exclusion of the other.

Lin, regarding Jerry, she may have kept her nose clean, but, for me, she broke it the night she cast her lot with Russell. She made her villain bones that night.

Clayzy, Alan Cumming blogged about Mr. Seetodeh tonight. Worth a read.

http://alancumming.com/blog.php?id=260

His best line:

There are millions of gay people all over the world who convincingly portray straight people every single day. Some of them are even actors.

I am late as usual, but I came on here today to point out Alan Cummings blog. I am a fan of Mr Cumming, I don't agree with everything he says but he always has something to say! His blog is good, he tries to update it nearly every day just with what he is doing or his opinion on current events etc. I wish Clay would do something like this.

Totally OT - I think my house is sold!!! Just waiting on Building & pest inspection and for the buyers finance to be approved, then settlement date is about a month from tomorrow! How am I going to pack up 18yrs worth of crap, work ,etc etc in that time? :onFire: :onFire: :o

Totally OT - I think my house is sold!!! Just waiting on Building & pest inspection and for the buyers finance to be approved, then settlement date is about a month from tomorrow! How am I going to pack up 18yrs worth of crap, work ,etc etc in that time? :onFire: :onFire: :o

That's great news! You'll get the packing done somehow. Get rid of stuff--it's easier at a time like this!!

:GM_FCA:

15 Days until June 1st and The New CD! :04:

35 Days until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!

:yahoo:

52 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!

:yahoo:

67 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I have been spending way too much time with the snippets. Clay sounds superb and the orchestration is terrific. I know Vince Gill will be featured in Moon River, not sure we are hearing that yet in the snippets, but I swear I heer a Vince Gill type guitar in "Can't Take My Eyes Off You". I like it. Also when I first heard Crying (wow, is that snippet amazing) I got just a hint of a Chris Isaak vibe-but still uniquely Clay. What thrills me so much about Crying is how successful the harmony sounds. I have often wished that Clay would be called on to duet with other artists-it really works here. And in the bonus cut on Itunes "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me", I get just a hint of Aaron Neville in the "oooh" in the last phrase. Still uniquely Clay though.

Top of the morning to ya'll.

I nominate cagney to be one of the commentators when we do a TnT listening party.She has a really good ear. keepingfaith would be great too with her musical memory. Anyway I hope we can do an online party when the cd comes out.

Looking forward to something new tomorrow, I hope.

I like that Best Buy understands the fandom...they have a great financing offer for TnT!

So, when are we doing the listening party? Although I have to confess, Linda Eder just doesn't do it for me...not sure why...not live, and not on the snippet. I really wish it was just Clay.

I'd be willing to "head up" a listening party. Question is: when? Tuesday evening, June 1? The Friday after?

Also, the last few parties we had we listened to each song, over and over for 10-15 minutes, and then switched to the next song. Want to do it the same way, or listen to the album straight through?

Give me some time today, and then I'll set up a poll.

:helloFCA:

Positive CD article for the most part!

Clay Aiken talks about new album

http://greginhollywood.com/clay-aiken-talks-about-new-album-27802/comment-page-1#comment-7581

tree... nothing personal, but I HATE that article! Why, you ask... cause the idiot just HAD to put in that gay descriptor in there. Idjit!!! Without that, I, too, think it is a positive article. There was just no need to put that in there. Sigh!

:GE_FCA:

I don't know why "comment blogs" take more time, but they do. I visited several sites to collect the fan and NJU reactions to "Tried & True" previews and PBS Special promo. Title for this Carolina blog is Clay Aiken Fans Herald CD News.

Lots of links, graphics (Fountaindawg, AmazingCA, LovesClaysVoice) accompany the quotes of many fans. I even included a PG version of cindilu2's "holy #%" Supernova Moment about UM. Hope you enjoy!

Thank you for your comments. Please share reactions from your friends/family/associates. I sent links to many in my address book, so. I'm pretty sure there will be a "Take 2" of this blog. :whistling-1:

I hope to see the day that what a person does in the privacy of his own bedroom is NOT NEWS. It is so none of our business.

Have a great evening and an awesome week, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

http://greginhollywo...-1#comment-7581

tree... nothing personal, but I HATE that article! Why, you ask... cause the idiot just HAD to put in that gay descriptor in there. Idjit!!! Without that, I, too, think it is a positive article. There was just no need to put that in there. Sigh!

Isn't that kinda the point of Greg In Hollywood though? It's called Greg in Hollywood-News about Gay Celebrities. Like that he seems excited by/enamored of the idea of the cd anyway. I'll take it.

So Windsor was a bit of a clusterfuck today for the in-person Total Rewards presale. Seems like it's always something when it's for Clay. We left home at 6 a.m., arrived about 8 a.m., got our cards validated, and ended up 4th in line. At noon, when the tickets were supposed to go on sale, they said didn't have his pricing in the system. There were two other concerts going on sale at the same time (Tony Bennett and The Divas) so we had to let those fans through one by one, bugging the ladies who were selling the tickets to check Clay between each sale. It was kind of ridiculous since the pricing was up on Ticketmaster, but whatever. After about 25 minutes they finally figured it out. When all was said and done we walked away with some decent tickets for the Claynadian contingent, I think.

Thanks to goldarngirl and cindilu2 for a fun day!

Top of the morning to ya'll.

I nominate cagney to be one of the commentators when we do a TnT listening party.She has a really good ear. keepingfaith would be great too with her musical memory. Anyway I hope we can do an online party when the cd comes out.

Looking forward to something new tomorrow, I hope.

That is very sweet of you to say FearofH20. I love the listening parties and was just thinking about when we might do one on OFC. I guess there is something to recommend doing it when it is still fresh. I will certainly be there whenever.

http://greginhollywo...-1#comment-7581

Isn't that kinda the point of Greg In Hollywood though? It's called Greg in Hollywood-News about Gay Celebrities. Like that he seems excited by/enamored of the idea of the cd anyway. I'll take it.

I was just going to post that. I took the "openly gay" comment to be positive and to call attention to someone in the gay community that has something to celebrate. ending with a "sounds like a winner!" comment. Within the context of his blog, appropriate. I think some of the people who made comments on greg's blog, weren't aware of the context or perhaps don't think it should make a difference. But I think it does. I like that greg refers to clay as "star." I got the sense that he is proud of Clay.

The greg in hollywood blurb is in total contrast to the dismissive piece that appeared in the examiner.com and was unfortunately linked from the Decca website until someone at Decca got a clue and removed it. That brief article had the same core as this one (because they both based their articles on the ET piece.) The examiner blog entry called clay the "gay" singer but in the context of other parts of the article, it was meant to be dismissive. That guy lumped Clay in with Manilow and ended with "sounds like a gay ole time." And they included one of the silliest pics of Clay that I have ever seen. Contrast with the one greg used which is majorly cool and portrays Clay as the handsome, confident star he is.

So Windsor was a bit of a clusterfuck today for the in-person Total Rewards presale. Seems like it's always something when it's for Clay. We left home at 6 a.m., arrived about 8 a.m., got our cards validated, and ended up 4th in line. At noon, when the tickets were supposed to go on sale, they said didn't have his pricing in the system. There were two other concerts going on sale at the same time (Tony Bennett and The Divas) so we had to let those fans through one by one, bugging the ladies who were selling the tickets to check Clay between each sale. It was kind of ridiculous since the pricing was up on Ticketmaster, but whatever. After about 25 minutes they finally figured it out. When all was said and done we walked away with some decent tickets for the Claynadian contingent, I think.

Thanks to goldarngirl and cindilu2 for a fun day!

Glad to hear you got your tickets for the Canadian show! Looking forward to the concerts in August and seeing some of you all!