#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Home from work today, sicker than a dog. I think went through an entire box of 300 count Puffs yesterday!

I think I'll work on catching up on the news articles from last week, and getting the concert threads a little more complete later today.

I'm in the "hope it's Clay on AI this week, won't commit suicide if it isn't" camp. I think it would be a cool thing, and I'm hoping that with time, AI will come to realize the talent (and publicity) Clay provides for them, just by being him. LOL.

Hope you feel better soon. I'm home today too, nursing some nasty bruises from a fall in my garage. I'm just not as graceful as I never was before. Truly.

Not only will I not commit suicide if it's not Clay, I can rationalize how it would be better for him to be on in May ... or how it could be best for Clay to boycott the whole damned show! I can be happy under any and all circumstances, actually, which makes life infinitely pleasant. But I can see AI pushing the Cluben tour since Ruben is still managed by 19 .... isn't he?

If Clay isn't on this week, maybe they'll ask him later to boost ratings as this season is pretty much a dud.

Miley Cyrus???? Give me a break.

They must be trying to attract teenagers.

Hi everyone. I joined this board in March of 2008, but I only ever posted once or twice, and I haven't been here in a long while. From the feel I get just from reading through this thread, I can see it's really been my loss.

My excitement for "Tried and True" and the upcoming tour grows daily. There's nothing like a Clay Aiken high, and with a new CD, three Florida shows, and the PBS special, I think I'll be feeling it.

The AI Wednesday Night Clues:

Hint 1: The Idol is Male

Hint 2: Not from season 1 or 3.

Hint 3: He’s been watching American Idol since Season 1.

Hint 4: He’s been interviewed by IdolsNow’s Fred Bronson.

Hint 5: He has at least two vowels in his last name (maybe more).

Hint 6: He has either a first or last name that has an “A” as the first or second letter.

I think Hint 3 pretty much rules out Clay Aiken!

Hi everyone. I joined this board in March of 2008, but I only ever posted once or twice, and I haven't been here in a long while. From the feel I get just from reading through this thread, I can see it's really been my loss.

Welcome :welcome:

Many of us found refuge here in 2006 during the ATDWbeatdown ... and never left.

:snoopy:

Hi deyabird! Welcome!

This is a great board to be on... you can get all the important news and avoid 99.9% of the angst. Not that folks can't state their less than joyful opinion here, what you won't find are dead horses... :whistling-1:

I'm baaaaccckkk. Anyone miss me?

yea, thought not :hysterical:

Long painful week ahead. Lots of appointments of the not so fun kind. Dr.s, lawyers, school teachers....blech!

So glad there is CLAY to look forward to this summer!! Thank god :dancetom:

It's good to see I won't be "dropped off and left" in Reno :hug: Thanks, Couchie! LOL

And what a wonderful boss you have, liney! And extra wonderful news about the hotel room :BlowKiss: Thankyou!

As for Clay's new CD Cover.....it's growing on me. Pretty much like every other picture of him does. It's Clay! So I can't help but find something deadly sexy or sensual or just damn cute about him in nearly every photo taken. With the exception of the Jenna Bush pic. I want that picture to disappear, forever! Make it so, #1.

Hi deyabird! Welcome!

This is a great board to be on... you can get all the important news and avoid 99.9% of the angst. Not that folks can't state their less than joyful opinion here, what you won't find are dead horses... :whistling-1:

Clay reference by chance :naughtywag: ?? :hubbahubba:

:welcome: back to posting, deyabird!

*this post brought to you by emoticons are us :)

Hi deyabird! Welcome!

Clay reference by chance :naughtywag: ?? :hubbahubba:

:welcome: back to posting, deyabird!

LOL - sadly, no... I was too lazy to look to see if we had the "beating a dead horse" emoticon... but your version works too.. :cryingwlaughter:

Hey deyabird!

So tickets go on sale tomorrow for Ashville. Is this a ticketmaster thing or do we buy from their website. I'm going to buy a ticket although I'm still not 100% sure I'm going. I'm at about 80%.

So I asked my mom if she had seen Ruben on Idol and of course she had. So she's definitely coming now. She loves both guys but I think when it was just Clay she felt she was intruding on me with my friends.

Liney..what a wonderful boss you have!

Hi deyabird! Welcome!

Except the one about not beating dead horses.

Couchtomato, hope you make it to Asheville.

treenuts, I missed you. Boards just aren't the same without your perverted presence. Agree with you on the Jenna Bush pic, although YYG posted an old one onetime that can compete with that.

Welcome to deyabird.

I'm watching basketball, but I had to stop and say :welcome: back, deyabird! Look forward to reading your posts. As others have posted, this is a stress-free board that keeps up with the latest Clay news. :)

I taught a full afternoon of music lessons for the first time since March 26. Everyone seemed excited to be back. One of my pianists received an iTouch for his birthday, and he used it to email me about a makeup lesson.

Another lives in a neighborhood hit hard by this area's Palm Sunday tornado. He and I, a former Texan, exchanged a couple of "war" stories at the start of his lesson. Tonight I sent him the link to a Carolina blog I wrote about the F-5 Lubbock Tornado, which I survived in a mobile home. My husband, then a student at Texas Tech, was working part-time as the maitre d' at the Lubbock Club atop a 13-story building, the tallest in the city. This is an interesting little twist from that night:

Fake Book Miraculously Survives

Betty, keyboardist in a duo performing at the Lubbock Club, was using a wonderful old fake book that my husband had discovered in a long-forgotten pile backstage at a symphony rehearsal hall. Patrons and employees alike had evacuated the Lubbock Club in haste the night of the tornado.

A month later when the musicians returned for the club's reopening, Betty apologized for just leaving that wonderful old book of tunes on the organ. She was flabbergasted when Mr. Caro explained that the tornado had apparently closed the book and placed it safely beside the organ pedals.

That fake book is still in my music library. :)

Have a great evening, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Anyone planning to go to the Chautauqua concert might want to scoot on over to the the institute's website. They opened up the ticket sales last night.

I noticed, too, that they are selling parking (its at the top of the concert list) for $7.25.

Chautauqua Tickets

It feels really good to have at least one ticket ordered and on the way.

If anyone in the US can help, the Chautauqua site seems to be throwing errors for Canadians. I need 3 ticket for myself, my daughter, and Claymatron. I can paypal the money immediately. I would want the basic seat and a preferred $15 seat for each of us. It totals up to $161 with the tax. Please let me know ASAP if you can help.

Thanks. I am getting mighty sick of this 'Canadian' glitch that seems to be universal.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I am so glad there are no dead horses here. Eeew, smelly.

I will probably be going to all three of the Florida shows, at least that's the goal. The first tickets, for Jacksonville, go on sale Friday.

Good luck to everyone trying for tickets to Chautauqua and Asheville today.

Sooo, Asheville and Biloxi are the only ones for which it's remotely possible I could go, BUT I don't know yet if I'll be able to. Is there any way I could get ticket insurance or something if I bought a ticket and then wasn't able to attend? Would ticket prices increase as we get closer to the date?

(Sowwy, guys, I've never been to a concert before...)

ETA: Also, should I ask this in a different forum?