#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Hmmmm. Proving himself a douche to the bitter end, Simon Cowell declared Clay's performance of Grease 'the worst' performance of the series. The venue for such a declarative statement? Mecrest's radio show (ha! a douche on both sides of the interview. Score!). Reporting the 'story'? E!

Really? The worst? It would be funny if it just weren't so pathetic. Lordy, I loathe them all.

Meanwhile, Cowell also took a stroll as far down memory lane as he could manage, revealing which contestants he would miss the most. Well, kind of.

" 'Miss' is probably the wrong word. I never phone them afterwards for, like, a chat," he explained, adding that Fantasia's version of Summertime still ranks as his all-time favorite performance. As for the worst...

Clay Aiken murdering Grease in the red jacket. It was abysmal."

:GE_FCA:

I taught my senior piano student this afternoon for the last time. She will graduate the first week of June and head to NC State this fall. What a blast she has been! :)

Early this morning I posted a new Carolina blog. For some reason, Google's crawlers are not catching the blog or my multiple pings. I think I'm up to six or seven by now. :whistling-1:

Anyway, here's the link: Carolina On My Mind. The topics are everything you have been discussing. Graphics are by AmazingCA and Fountaindawg. There is just the hint of spring recital clack at the bottom in the form of an eight-year-old pianist. His final spring lesson was Tuesday after a class picnic; and the suave, polished performer was hidden behind a full palette of face paints. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm watching Idol and I don't see how either of these two are going to have careers, must less set the world on fire. Lee D. is singing his "winner's first single" song -- and it's a cover. U2's Beautiful Day. A sad version, I must say.

Last night I watched S9 for the very first time, and I totally agree, keepingfaith. Still have my fingers crossed for tonight. It certainly makes sense from the promotion of the Timeless Tour to Clay's new CD to the first finalist to have a PBS Special! Oh, yeah, let me at 'em!!! :flirtysmile3:

Loving the Decca previews (right now, in fact)! Y'all have a great week! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

I don't know if anyone watched the red carpet shows, but Kris Allen appeared to be miffed at Idol. This season Crystal and Lee sang a duet of Falling Slowly. The judges praised it to the heavens. Oh, it was the greatest song they'd ever heard! Brilliant! Amazing song! and on and on. Funny thing is that Kris sang it last year to the derision of the judges. It's from the movie Once, was an important part of the movie, and won the Oscar for Best Song a couple of years ago. But Simon, Randy, in fact all of them didn't like the song. It was either Simon or Randy who said they couldn't understand why Kris sang a song no one had ever heard of. Everyone agreed with that and they all looked like ignoramuses, not industry pros. Anyway, Kris seems a little pissed that the judges thought it was the most wonderful song in the world when Lee and Crystal sang it, after calling it a strange, obscure choice for him.

Always one of my favorite nights of the year. The end of idol for 7 precious months. I'm watching the NBA. My mom watches for Simon and she thinks it will suck without him. Every year she complains about the show as she is watching and says she's not watching it next year. LOL And every year she's so excited when it starts back up.

Looking forward to next Tuesday and the listening party. I feel all virginy.

Hmmmm. Proving himself a douche to the bitter end, Simon Cowell declared Clay's performance of Grease 'the worst' performance of the series. The venue for such a declarative statement? Mecrest's radio show (ha! a douche on both sides of the interview. Score!). Reporting the 'story'? E!

Really? The worst? It would be funny if it just weren't so pathetic. Lordy, I loathe them all.

Meanwhile, Cowell also took a stroll as far down memory lane as he could manage, revealing which contestants he would miss the most. Well, kind of.

" 'Miss' is probably the wrong word. I never phone them afterwards for, like, a chat," he explained, adding that Fantasia's version of Summertime still ranks as his all-time favorite performance. As for the worst...

Clay Aiken murdering Grease in the red jacket. It was abysmal."

I have never understood why Simon keeps reiterating that Clay's red leather jacket Grease performance was the worst.

I know that there are fans who did not like that performance but a hell of a lot, including me, loved it.

Every time I see that video, and I have watched it a lot, I also really enjoy the reaction of his friend and roommate at college...she loved it.

I guess he just cannot get Clay out of his mind....a negative obsession perhaps?

OK, that's two goddam hours I'll never get back. They brought every frickin body back from the other season, a bunch of psychos...and NO GODDAM CLAY. I don't CARE who wins AI - I WANTED TO SEE FRICKIN CLAY!

Though Darryl Hall has held up decently in looks (not so much voice) - Christina A. made the finalists sound like dog poo - I kept my fingers crossed that Bret Michaels wouldn't actually drop dead on stage and Janet looked good.

Feh.

OK, that's two goddam hours I'll never get back. They brought every frickin body back from the other season, a bunch of psychos...and NO GODDAM CLAY. I don't CARE who wins AI - I WANTED TO SEE FRICKIN CLAY!

Though Darryl Hall has held up decently in looks (not so much voice) - Christina A. made the finalists sound like dog poo - I kept my fingers crossed that Bret Michaels wouldn't actually drop dead on stage and Janet looked good.

Feh.

Oh, Mistress Mighty, my apologies for the lost two hours. For this minion failed to remind you that the only way to watch American Idol is on DVR, to enable the fast-forwarding of distasteful scenes, of which there were many. So sorry for my lapse.

I tuned in for the last half hour...figured if Clay was going to be on...it would be then...didn't really expect him. Ruben looked good. Bust be some really bad blood between Clay and AI for him not be there...would love to know what really went down..can't just be because he broke his contract or the AI5 appearance.

Clay is going to be on the Joy Behar show Monday, June 1st...airs 11:00 pm central time on the CNN..Headline News channel. Posted at CV.

So...inquiring minds want to know...just what is he doing in LA and why all the silence?

Kim

So glad I didn't bother to watch....I figured if he was on, there'd be clack. Can't believe they had Ruben without Clay. Bastards. Or maybe Clay turned them down. Who knows. I just know I can't wait for next week!

Feh.

:laught31:

Looking forward to next Tuesday and the listening party. I feel all virginy.

Just please don't start busting out the Madonna! :imgtongue:

Well, I'm happy for those of you who found something to enjoy during THE WORST SHOW EVER! Seriously, that was so not entertaining from start to finish that I can't think of one thing I liked about it. Nothing was funny to me, and the music went from intolerable to had to leave the room. Christina A. can sing, but that was a terrible song, in my opinion, and singing it in her underwear didn't work either. Hall & Oates sounded like crap. And the Bee Gees scared me. I kept trying to think who Barry Gibb reminds me of now, and I think it's a character from a horror flick. (The Island of Dr. Moreau? One of the hybrids?) Chicago, are you kidding me? The musicians sounded good enough, but the singer died a thousand deaths up there. Alanis Morrisette, was relevant 15 years ago, which was about 25 years later than Joe Cocker, who at least sounded the same as he did 40 years ago, but that's not a compliment. Janet Jackson whispered and groaned her songs; the girl has seen her best days come and go. I was frankly creeped out by her entire performance. Who did I miss? Oh, Bret Michaels. I never liked Poison, and especially not that Every Dog song, but he may have been the best of the bunch tonight, also damning with faint praise. Was there anything to like? The Season 9 contestants are best left unmentioned. What a lousy group of marginal singers who in any other year wouldn't have made it past Hollywood Week. The only one of the singers who seemed in voice at all tonight was that youngest girl, Katie (I forget her last name), but she actually did have some power in her voice. I didn't think Crystal sounded hot all night. And she was offputting acting like she was in charge of the show, "Put your hands together for ... another lousy act!"

The worst thing was the Idol tribute to Simon. Paula went on too long. And the All Idols song, was so anti-climactic. Did Kelly have a nose job? She didn't look like herself, to me, and appeared older. She came out shreiking that boring song and Fantasia was hollering over her. Ruben looked good and sounded fine, what could be heard. Oh, I almost forgot Carrie Underwood singing that awful song through her nose that Kara wrote, and the whole time Kara's sitting at the table just rocking out like it's the best thing she's ever heard. How cheap and self-aggrandizing!

Okay, I have to think of SOMETHING that was good about this show. Well, I like Ricky Gervais. Other than that I got nothin'.

And Lee won. Big deal. It wouldn't matter who they gave it to tonight. It was forgettable and they were all inadequate. But Jeeze that guy is incapable of singing in tune. The judges think he'll be relevant with his sleepy face, weak, flat voice, lack of confidence, and drool. Good luck with that.

Oh, oh, oh, I did think of something great about the show -- Clay had the excellent judgment to stay far, far, away from it! Congratulations, Clay! You won by not being associated with this crash and burn.

I don't know if there will be a show to save for next year, because it cremated itself tonight. Complete self immolation.

ETA: So Clay's going to be on Joy Behar on Tuesday night? He should establish a great rapport with her on Tuesday and by Wednesday morning on The View they should be best friends! I do like Joy. She's funny, a former teacher, and an outspoken supporter of equal rights. I've watched her show a few times and she rises or falls to the level of her guests, so Clay should have a good time with her.

Now the question is what could Clay be doing in L.A. with Quiana? Pre-taping Kimmel for next week? Larry King? Craig Ferguson? Any other ideas?

I have a feeling that whatever Clay is in LA for will be far more exciting than appearing on a dying show.

Fear, if Clay's in town to attend the dog show it will be better for his career. I was hoping all day that he'd be on the finale tonight. My instincts were so wrong. I'm very thankful Clay was no part of that.

I left out Alice Cooper and Michael McDonald in my recap. They were extremely forgettable, that's why. Add two more has-beens to the group.

:GM_FCA:

5 Days until June 1st and The New CD; Clay on GMA and The Joy Behar Show!:04:

6 Days until Clay is on The View!:yahoo:

16 Days until The PBS Special Airs in Chicago!:yahoo:

25 Days until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

43 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

58 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

From an Idol post mortem at Huffington Post this morning:

Then it was all over, with Lee almost fainting even before the results were announced and then stumbling through U2's "Beautiful Day." Hey, he's got a nice studio voice (as the judges might have said in years past) and who knows, maybe he's a terrific songwriter. But Crystal is gonna pull a Clay Aiken on him and deliver the goods.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-giltz/emidolem-season-9-top-2_b_589880.html

Via notacanuck at the CH:

GMA is confirmed
TUESDAY, JUNE 1 – Denzel Washington stops by; Clay Aiken performs; singer and author Belinda Carlisle ("Lips Unsealed"); Jack Hanna stops by with some wild animals (The Columbus Zoo); workplace contributor Tory Johnson on five things college grads need to do right now to get a job

Highlights of GMA May 31-June 4

EEEEEEEEEE! Glad I took that day off!

I'm wondering if the "news" will be the appearances on TV next week. Hope for a few surprises!

Dreamer!

Why merrieeee, I thought your glasses were rose colored like mine! LOL!

Ok, so the rose coloring is a bit faded at the moment...new tweet from Team Clay:

clayaiken Tune in to @GMA next Tues, June 1, on @ABC at 8:30am et/pt to catch Clay performing LIVE!

9 minutes ago via TweetDeck

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Glad to see we have official confirmation of GMA..so we get Clay in the morning and Clay in the evening on June 1st! Nice!

I have been updating the calendar...so take a peek now and then!

Kim