#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Hee. I'm a major Gleek, and I think a lot of the themes that come from the show ("it's OK to be whomever you are" being the major one) would fit into inclusion quite nicely. However, if Clay doesn't appear on the show, and claims not to care either, I'm cool with that.

It's close isn't it? I love the anticipation. Late Monday evening, with the iTunes download, is going to be great!

From Pink Armchair at the ConClayve:

Well, having seen the rough cut of the special, I had to call and request review copies, which I hope to have later this week. I don't know how I dialed the phone, considering the rough cut had reduced me to a puddle on the floor. What a surreal experience, seeing "concert Clay" on my TV, something I had always wished for! I can't wait for the rest of you to see it! I think they did an amazing job of capturing the look and sound and excitement of that evening.

A few things are cut out in the broadcast version (understandable, as it's just under an hour without the breaks -- it zips right along!), but I'm told that the pledged DVD will have just about everything restored.

The CD and the special? *mourns the lack of a career in public television* Is it June (or August) yet?

It's great to have the new OFC up and running but I still want to know, where the heck is Clay? (Yes, I know, Santa Monica). I still don't get how absolute silence on a run up to a CD release is normal. No matter how guesses I read as to why, it makes no sense to me. I'd like to know that he's at least as excited about his career as I am.

Blurb about TNT and video of Suspicious Minds in The Advocate:

http://www.advocate....Popcorn_Flicks/

Ha! How funny is it that they are using clack from the Jukebox Tour (from Toronto and taken by vzubie, who was sitting right next to me, no less :imgtongue:) to promote the song.

:yahoo: Just got an e-mail that my tickets for the concert in Hammond are being shipped. Now I just wish I would get one from Amazon telling me my CD is on the way!

Kim

From getclayaiken:

I should probably make this more noticeable:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

LINK TO LINER NOTES ON PDF IF YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED

It opens as a Google document. Don't know if you need to have a Google account to open it or not. (It opened fine for me, but I like Google and their products a lot.)

From getclayaiken:

I should probably make this more noticeable:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

LINK TO LINER NOTES ON PDF IF YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED

It opens as a Google document. Don't know if you need to have a Google account to open it or not. (It opened fine for me, but I like Google and their products a lot.)

Thank you so much,laughn' & ldyj! It opened up for me just fine and then........I saw the photos and... :Thud::Thud::Thud::Thud::Thud: all.over.the.place.

ouch

Love the entire look of this CD. The artwork is so cool and the pictures are some of the best I've seen in awhile!! YUM!

As for the liner notes, well all I can say is that is one very articulate and wonderful man! How special and open he is. How lovely the written word he puts forth :wub:

I want so much for this project to be the very best for him. But that's nothing new.

Can't wait to see him on tv next week. I really had hoped for some serious press or at least some big primetime appearance but I guess I'll take what I can get for now

since I don't have a choice and --> :needclay:

Now, back to snipets :listen: and youtube :listen:

Thanks for bringing those over. It hurt my eyes, but I managed to read through the thank yous. Awwwwwwww, sounds like he is really, REALLY happy at Decca. I hope this album does well for him, I really do. From what I've heard so far, it's brilliant.

Page 5 is my favourite, from the scans above. flirtysmile3.gif

Sounds like there is a lot to look forward to on Monday night when I get my itunes download. Need to get my ipod charged up and ready to fill up with a new cd! :twinklewhore: I did listen to Misty and MEAY from Facebook. And I did buy Suspicious Minds. But other than those three I haven't listened to snippets or the OFC songs. I love anticipation.

I spent an hour or so at the new OFC. Most everything is an improvement but I don't think the forum is, so I didn't spend much time reading it. :clay: But I am looking forward to some communication from Clay. I miss the view new content which I use regularly here. Thanks couchie.

I need to do some serious gardening today but first a little shopping to replinish the tools stolen from our ex little house.

Thanks liney for the congratulations. We did work our butts off for a year fixing it up and now it's a nice young man's responsibility.

:GM_FCA:

Clay was on the OFC last night accepting friend requests and I am now his friend or I should say he is now my friend...now if he would just blog! Heading to in-laws tonight and spending the night so no countdown tomorrow morning. Will be back late afternoon.

2 Days until June 1st and The New CD/GMA/Joy Behar Show!:04:

3 Days until Clay is on The View!:yahoo:

13 Days until The PBS Special is Aired in Chicago!:yahoo:

22 Days until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

40 Days until Clay is Addressing The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

55 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I'm glad most are enjoying the new and improved OFC. I had a look around, but I don't tend to spend much time there. I rarely go to the forums. If they have a contest open to Canadians, or if Clay blogs, I like to sign in and check it out, but that's about it.

ETA: EEEEEEEE, Clay is talking about a tour for the album, after the tour with Ruben. That will be cool! Makes me wonder what he might have in store for us this summer then, as I don't think he'll want to repeat the same songs. I can't wait!

FearYou beat me with the Popeater interview...very nice interview and yay for another tour! I am really anxious to hear what Clay and Ruben have planned for us...getting close!

Kim

What caught my eye:

Celebenomics: Besides the album and the tour what else is on your plate for this summer?

Clay: The album has been pretty all consuming and occupied my time for the past six months and now this tour will be occupying my summer. In the fall we will be putting together a tour for the album and all summer I will be stopping off at local PBS stations to promote my PBS special.

:dancetom:

Celebenomics: What (jaw drops)?

Clay: My television is typically tuned to CNN. I watch "The Closer". I want to be on "The Closer" real bad. I'm addicted to it. With the exception of CNN and the stuff on NBC on Thursday nights and that I don't watch too much TV.

Hey, didn't Kenneth the Page get fired from NBC on the season finale of 30 Rock? There might be a job opening there - I'm just saying...

carolleyes2.gif

Ok, I got on the new OFC and even have my same old password. My year is up on 6/7, so I have to re-up anyway. Maybe tomorrow. I like what I've seen, but I haven't been to the forum. It sure looks jazzier.

Thanks for the CD booklet. I found a picture I'd like for a new avatar. I need to check tho and see if anyone else has it.

Just a little bit more for the new music. The snippets on the OFC have amazing sound... can't wait.

:GE_FCA:

So much is happening in Clay Land every which way you turn! Love the Popeater interview!

Years ago, I interviewed Pvt. John M. Steele, the paratrooper who landed on a church steeple during the D-Day invasion of Normandy in World War II. For Memorial Day, the Carolina On My Mind blog salutes John Steele and America's military heroes.

th_ABM_INVS1.jpg

Graphic by ABeautifulMind

Also included is Clay's Capitol 4th performance of "God Bless the USA." Hope you drop by and enjoy!

Have a very special Memorial Day Weekend, all! :hello:

Caro listen.gif

Has everyone heard the snippet of Breaking Up Is Hard To Do? flirtysmile3.gif

http://www.fye.com/T...7VVviewprod.htm

I had no success clicking on it, but I was able to right-click and save target as. That opened in Windows Media Player.

So is this the only source for this song? I can't keep track of which track is available where, but I'm not sure I'm going to be ordering from FYE, since it's US and who knows how much shipping to Canada would be....

Has everyone heard the snippet of Breaking Up Is Hard To Do? flirtysmile3.gif

http://www.fye.com/T...7VVviewprod.htm

I had no success clicking on it, but I was able to right-click and save target as. That opened in Windows Media Player.

So is this the only source for this song? I can't keep track of which track is available where, but I'm not sure I'm going to be ordering from FYE, since it's US and who knows how much shipping to Canada would be....

I think this is on the deluxe edition (not sure though). Can't order from FYE anyway without a US address and credit card. They had a signed cd sleeve available (limited number) when the snippets first came out, which is how I found out about the ordering situation.