#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Fear, with previous iTunes preorders, I usually get the email that my download is ready to go at about 11:15 Eastern time. So, I'd start checking your iTunes about that time...

Since I don't have I-tunes I won't be joining in tonight..but everyone have fun! I will be buying my CD tomorrow the old fashioned way...may Amazon order has not shipped yet...they said between the 4th and 8th. So looking forward to Clayday tomorrow...should be a national holiday!

Kim

Loved reading the USA Today review. And this is the last time I will ever say this (FCA jumps for joy) but I can't stand reading comments from Clay fans. In a way it feels like we are an abused person - so grateful for a pat on the head yet never being able to step away from the past. I hope that changes one day and we can just enjoy Clay without remembering every slight we feel he has suffered. Now I turn the page and say.....

Can't wait for tomorrow.

I'm so with you. I don't know why people expect bad reviews. I don't--and I haven't noticed most of the slights. Critics are just people with an opinion, so they don't affect me much one way or another, but I think it's becoming cool to like Clay. He's still around after all these years, and that alone is enough to convince people he's not a flash in the pan. I feel incredibly positive about Clay's career.

I get frustrated when I read "finally, someone has listened to the album" when good reviews are given. Although there were examples where it seemed obvious the reviewer had not listened to the albumm (citing incorrect track names) in most cases I believe the reviewers have listened, they just may not have liked it.

I must admit that I hoped that Clay's release got more the mainstream treatment from USA Today. MOAM and ATDW was reviewed by Elysa Gardner. I thought her review of MOAM was very fair, and although I did not agree with her reviw for ATDW, I would bet dollar to donut that she listened to it. One of the other reviewers there has said harsh things about Clay in interviews, Elsa Gudfenson, but I don't think she ever reviewed Clay's albums. She did review Jack Johnson's and gave it a three out of four stars.

I haven't posted in ages, but I still check in to see what's going on. I'm looking forward to Clay's new cd. I just pre-ordered it from Itunes, the last time I used Itunes was for On My Way Here. I had to update my password and CC info. Hopefully I'll be listening along tonight with some of you.

Claylove, we had a Temperpedic memory foam matress but it lost it's memory after 10 years. We went with a conventional firm Beautyrest wit a memory foam pillow top. It's also about 7 inches taller than the other so it will be easier for him to get off of it with his long legs.

Thanks Ldyj, I'll start checking my itunes account soon.

Man, I wish I was in NYC to go see Clay at GMA....WHAT IS HE GOING TO SING?!?!

le sigh

HA! I wonder what he'll wear and what his hair will look like!?

what

:imgtongue:

hehe That's exactly what I was thinking! Just really excited to finally hear that voice again and of course, can't wait to see that smile. :flirtysmile3:

Meeeeeeee too! I forgot that You Don't Have To Say You Love Me was on this one.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:snoopy:

Ohhhhhhhh. Guh. The booklet is smokin' hot. Hi-Res Super Cool Aiken. Guh.

Noise-cancelling headphones in place. I don't think I'll be sleeping any time soon. :Thud:

Meeeeeeee too! I forgot that You Don't Have To Say You Love Me was on this one.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:snoopy:

Ohhhhhhhh. Guh. The booklet is smokin' hot. Hi-Res Super Cool Aiken. Guh.

Not even halfway through and it's time for a ciggee break. Crying is just sublime.

I want to hear too! sits down and cries

My iTunes download completed but it said I should do a cd backup, so I tried but it was taking too long. I cancelled backup but now it's taking forever to cancel the stupid backup. Aarrrrggghhh! I just wanta hear Clay!

:needclay:

Oh man.

Oh man.

This is SUBLIME.

The entire thing.

I remember many of us in the fandom clamoring for a recorded version of "Moon River" in 2003. So, it's 7 years later, and we have it. And it's perfect.

The scary thing? I think this album will get better with age, like a fine wine.

Drink up, ya'll.

I can't believe how beautiful Moon River is.

And It's Impossible. I can't help but think of this one as 'their' song. :flirtysmile3: His voice is just out of this world and it's so friggin' sincere. I believe every single word - every syllable.

I am a puddle.

And now I'm gonna lay down and listen to Unchained. Cuz it's so much easier than falling down.