#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Seriously, I don't know how you guys are picking one over the other here. I just start at the beginning and each song flows sublimely into the next one. I love every single sound in every song. No wonder he's proud, huh?

When Suspicious Minds ends and Crying begins with that naked voice of his, it gives me chills. I love his voice so much I'm surprised it's not illegal. If it were, I'd have to be locked up.

Can I join this celebration?! Just listened to the whole album, WOW, someone said his voice is sublime, and I agree! I love all the songs, but I'm especially in love with You Don't Have To Say You Love Me, It's Impossible, and(I can't believe I'm saying this) Moon River. Oh, and the high resolution digital booklet, gah!

Urrp, so jealous. I can't really afford to buy the iTunes download and the physical CD and I really love having the actual CD, so I think I'm just going to have to wait. Y'all are making being fiscally responsible really hard, though!:P I can't wait until I can listen!

Urrp, so jealous. I can't really afford to buy the iTunes download and the physical CD and I really love having the actual CD, so I think I'm just going to have to wait. Y'all are making being fiscally responsible really hard, though!:P I can't wait until I can listen!

I'm with you Clayzy I love having the actual CD. I am moving within the next couple weeks so I'm not sure if I should order it yet in case it comes after I move. I may just have to be all mature and stuff and wait until I am in my new temporary home.....gnashes teeth and stomps off to sulk :crying1:

OMG. This CD is stellar. I can't pick a favorite....and Clay made me cry y'all...and I am not a crier. So beautiful. Love, love, love, it!

BTW, I finally went over to the OFC and really spent a little time. Friended a few people but for the life of me I can't keep up with people's different screen names, so please do friend me. I'm Georgiesmybaby there, too.Same name almost everywhere just makes life easier...for me. :)

I couldn't do the midnight thing last night, since I'd been up since 4:30 a.m. I was in bed by 9! LOL But I'm already frustrated with this download....had to try it three times...the first time it wanted me to sign new terms of service. Then it disappeared. Then, my credit card had expired. Then it disappeared. Third times the charm! But it so slo-o-o-o-o-o-o-w. My laptop sounds like it's going to take off (the fan goes crazy, it tends to overheat, and then it shuts itself off occasionally). Come on baby, you can do it!

Almost there!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! I got it!

Now to listen, and to fight with my iPod. cryingwlaughter.gif

Oh. My. God. The first two tracks have me sitting here a pile of goo. Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You I already knew I loved. It's Only Make Believe has done me in. Holy shit.

How come the tracks aren't playing in the order they show on the digital sleeve? I turned shuffle off! Oh well, whatever, order doesn't matter. These noise cancelling headphones are the bomb!

ETA: Ok, where is everybody? Sleeping????? Wake up people! Clay is singing to meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

God I love the arrangements. And this is not even close to my usual kind of music. At all. But man, it's awesome. Love the horns on Kind Of Hush.

So what do we think he'll sing on GMA this morning? I read that Ben tweeted about it. He arranged UM. If he sings UM I might have a heart attack.

ETAA: OMG, You Don't Have To Say You Love Me is divine. I've heard this sung a million ways by Elvis impersonators over the years, but never like this. The beat is different, completely different. And the vocals are sooooooo gorgeous.

Finally, it's playing me What Kind Of Fool Am I! Track 11, instead of track 2. Love the sax solo! Love the lyrics, the vocals, everything about it.

OMG, Crying now. I may be dead by the end of this one. If I don't come back, you'll know why.

I downloaded from iTunes just after midnight. The Voice! They've finally, really, truly captured The Voice. :flirtysmile3:

From laughn at GCA, via bigapple4clay:

Pinkish, purplish plaid shirt, jeans, white sneakers. Man, I love clothing reports. Hair strawberry blond, longish, held back with sunglasses on top his head. :grin

She says he looks 'great, adorable, and cute' She used all those descriptors, so take your pick. :lol

Scarlet is in her group too. They all sound like they're having a blast. :grin

One arrived. The blurry one. :lol She said the second one is better.

photo1GMAtagged.jpg

second one's here!

photo2GMAtagged.jpg

Holy moley, clack already.

I can't get my Live Nation to download and my itunes is partially lost. I'll buy a physical cd after work and hopefully I'll hear from itunes for the bonus. I can wait- I think I can, I think I can.

What I did hear was amazing. I will never doubt that Clay can sing anything and make me love it. My DVR is set so I'm ready for this morning, tonight and tomorrow morning. Love the excitement on the boards.

Didin't sleep great last night but don't know if it was the matress or the excitement of hearing the cd. :twinklewhore:

:GM_FCA:

Sounds like you all had a blast last night listening to the CD! Can't wait to get mine! So Clayday has already begun! Looking forward to GMA...been so long since Clay has sung on TV!

Don't forget Joy Behar tonight!

1 Day until Clay is on The View!:yahoo:

11 Days until The PBS Special Airs in Chicago!:yahoo:

20 Days until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

37 Days until Clay is addressing The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

52 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Oh. My. God. The first two tracks have me sitting here a pile of goo. Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You I already knew I loved. It's Only Make Believe has done me in. Holy shit.

How come the tracks aren't playing in the order they show on the digital sleeve? I turned shuffle off! Oh well, whatever, order doesn't matter. These noise cancelling headphones are the bomb!

ETA: Ok, where is everybody? Sleeping????? Wake up people! Clay is singing to meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

God I love the arrangements. And this is not even close to my usual kind of music. At all. But man, it's awesome. Love the horns on Kind Of Hush.

So what do we think he'll sing on GMA this morning? I read that Ben tweeted about it. He arranged UM. If he sings UM I might have a heart attack.

ETAA: OMG, You Don't Have To Say You Love Me is divine. I've heard this sung a million ways by Elvis impersonators over the years, but never like this. The beat is different, completely different. And the vocals are sooooooo gorgeous.

Finally, it's playing me What Kind Of Fool Am I! Track 11, instead of track 2. Love the sax solo! Love the lyrics, the vocals, everything about it.

OMG, Crying now. I may be dead by the end of this one. If I don't come back, you'll know why.

So..... you liked it? :cocktail:

I have listened in order, listened on random, pressed repeat multiple times, stayed up waaaaaaaaay too late and got up much too early. Clay Aiken is going to be the death of me - I have no doubt of that. Also, I don't care. I wish I could convey to people who might only ever listen to the snippets that they just don't do justice to the real thing. The subtlety of Unchained pre-airplane, and the control and power after take off are just... incredible. It's Impossible just does things to me I can't even describe. And as ldyj said last night, some of us have waited 7 years to hear Moon River - and boy oh boy, was it worth the wait. I'll admit that it wasn't on my most-anticipated list, but man, he just freakin' KILLS it. Dead. Nobody else should ever sing it any more ever again.

Fear -- how do you have your iTunes sorted? You said you received nine tracks. Mine did too, if you sorted under "Clay Aiken." There's also a track for "Clay Aiken and David Sanborn," "Clay Aiken and Linda Eder," and "Clay Aiken and Vince Gill." Just as an FYI.

____

yahoo.com

A Minute With: Clay Aiken, from "Idol" and Beyond

A Minute With: Clay Aiken, from "Idol" and beyond

d0c3eb8ca18907492a4b337b5cec5193.jpeg

r880704300.jpg?x=213&y=143&xc=1&yc=1&wc=410&hc=275&q=85&sig=9QjZE4p22rNr0PSmO0LlGg--

CANBERRA (Reuters Life!) – Singer Clay Aiken says he's returning to the music he loves with his fifth studio </span>album</span> since emerging seven years ago from the hit TV show "American Idol" which brought him fame but also some personal challenges.

Aiken, 31, was thrust into the spotlight as runner-up in the second series of "Idol" and learned along the way to stand his ground whilst also accepting the glare on his private life.

When his "dear friend" music producer Jaymes Foster gave birth to his son Parker in 2008, Aiken decided to come out as gay, a decision he was not happy to make but is glad it is over.

His fifth album, "Tried and True," released on June 1, contains songs from the 1950s and 1960s such as "Can't Take My Eyes Off You," "Misty," and two songs he sang while on "Idol" in 2003 -- "Mack the Knife" and "Unchained Melody."

This month he also embarks on a co-headlining tour with Ruben Studdard, the winner of "Idol" when Aiken competed, and plans to tour with his new album early next year.

Aiken, one of the top 5 best-selling "Idols," spoke to Reuters about his new album and career:

Q: Why go back to the '50s and '60s?

A: "This is more what I always wanted to do and is far more true to who I am than what I ended up doing after I got off "Idol." You get off the show with a big record contract and the record company has to figure out what to do with these people they are handed. It is a bit of a challenge to create something out of nothing."

Q: Why these songs on your debut for Decca Records?

A: "These are songs that I grew up listening to in the car with my mum. They are beautiful melodies. They aren't top 40 driven necessarily but they are called standards for a reason - they set the standard for what is great. I don't think there are songs on the radio nowadays that meet that standard. There aren't any new classics. What will we in 30 or 40 years time look back on and see as the classics from today?"

Q: What is the key to building success after "Idol?"

A: "I think everyone would love to have the answer to that! If I knew I would have bottled it. I think diversifying helps a little bit but remaining true to yourself also helps. There have been times in the past seven years when people have tried to get me to dress extra cool for example but you just can't try to be someone you are not. I feel like I am somewhat intelligent when it comes to making decisions about branching into this or that area but a lot of it has to do with luck and having good people work with you."

Q: Do you still watch Idol?

A: "No, I haven't watched it in years. I stopped watching it in the third season because it stressed me out too much. They were getting kicked off the show and my palms would start sweating. I cut the show out of my life to relieve some of the stress and found I was doing fine without it."

Q: You've done about nine tours since 2003 and you were in the Monty Python musical "Spamalot" on Broadway until last year. Would you like to do more on stage?

A: "The stage thing I loved. Movies? No. Part of the reason I have been successful is that I have stayed open to different possibilities and for that reason I would not rule anything out. But I enjoy the live aspect. There is something about talk shows too with the live atmosphere that I enjoy."

Q: You had a son, Parker, two years ago. How is he doing?

A: "He is doing quite well. He is healthy and happy and like any two-year-old. He tires me out."

Q: Are you glad that the focus on your persona life has moved on after you came out publicly?

A: "It was not such a controversy. I think the controversy was more for me. I had been out with everyone I have worked with for years. But there is a fascination with this and you can't live your life without people asking you questions so when my son was born I thought I would just knock all this out at one time. I didn't want to have him deal with anything hidden or lies. I don't know I am happy that I did it. I am happy it is over but I am sad it has to be done. No one has to come out to say they are straight."

Q: How do you cope with the attention that comes with fame?

A: "I stay at home most of the time. I don't go out because I am lazy and boring and would rather stay at home."

(Editing by Michael Perry)