#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Oooh, we got treated to a couple of bars of Hush! Hair is longer than we've seen it in a while, not slicked back at all. Denzel is upstairs and one of the hosts said "all of the females have departed" to go see him. Ummmm, not all. Hello? Not that I don't like Denzel! I do! But I want to see Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Edited by luckiest1

Hee!! I guess that answers at least one of the questions. Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You. I know at least one person who'll be thrilled with that choice ;-)

:cryingwlaughter:

(Why is the post all bold? Hmmmmmmmm?)

Annnnd, now it's not.

I woke up this morning singing "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me." I think that songs been ingrained into my system.

Sigh.

Honestly, I figured that "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" would be one song sung during publicity. That's fine with me, as I find it catchy as hell. And totally fun!

Wheeeeeeeeeeee! That was great! Perfectly sung, great band, nice camera work, great crowd, I am happy! And he talked a bit, about the album, about being a father, about the tour with Ruben, etc. Yay! Off to work now!

Oh, he sounded great! Vocally, he's never sounded better. I think he's comfortable now, and that reflects in his performances!

Via bigappleforClay and Clayphan at getclayaiken, two tidbits that won't make it on the air. More reports later, I'm sure:

No Jerome, but Cindi Berger and David Novak were there.

And...prepare yourselves....

Clay played with Jack Hanna's animals during break. He held the monkey and the anteater and the cats.

cryingwlaughter.gif

So after all that this morning, which song do you think is going round and round in my head?

Misty. I don't even like Misty. Well, I didn't used to think I did. Now, I can't get enough of the low notes.

So after all that this morning, which song do you think is going round and round in my head?

Misty. I don't even like Misty. Well, I didn't used to think I did. Now, I can't get enough of the low notes.

Ha! see my post from 12:17 this morning. The guy is magical, I swear.

Seriously - wtf is going on with the bolding? and it ate my link!!!the you edit and it's back. Refresh and it's gone. Ackkk!!!

So...I stayed home from work later to see Clay...he seemed so relaxed and comfortable and sang great...looking forward to going home and watching again and again. My CD from Amazon has shipped, but I will be stopping at the store on the way home to buy a couple of CD's...one for the car and one for the library.

The outfit and hair were so Clay...guess he is not sticking with the shorter hair unless he gets it cut for the tour...but he looked good and happy.

It's weird that iTunes is allowing individual downloads of the bonus track.

So, anyone in Canada find a physical copy yet? I might go on a hunt at lunch....or after work, depending how busy I get.

Unless it's a glitch at iTunes, it would be Decca allowing it, right? And, all the fans who ordered Deluxe and Regular copies from Amazon or Walmart, etc., or waited to buy hard copies today at their stores, can get the bonus song for 99 cents (which is why it's the most popular song now!). For every 10 downloads of You Don't Have to Say, Clay gets 1 album sale, so it may be calculated to boost sales numbers for a couple of weeks, and then after the initial chart focus it may become a true bonus and only available with album purchase. Just a theory, anyway.

I have the preciousssssssss [tm Gollum].

It took a while though. Checked the local WalMart first -- no deluxe versions, only the regular one. Target next (which for me is a 20 minute drive). Nada, except for a few copies of the regular one. Finally, Best Buy, within walking distance of Target. BINGO! One copy of the deluxe version. Then, I had to write a check, of all things, because their debit card system was down!

I am marrying Breaking Up is Hard to Do. Ceremony at 3:00 today. No presents, please.

I'm just floored by the musicianship, the quality of this CD. Everything about it feels RIGHT, there's not much else to say. The packaging is genius, to give a flavor of the album without actually listening to it. And then, when someone does listen, they are in for a treat! That voice is stellar. The orchestrations and arrangements are fantastic.

All I can say is -- thanks Clay.

An opinion on Can't Take My Eyes Off You from a young one: My great niece's reaction to her aunties belting out an acapella version of the "I love you bay-bee!" section in the car. "I not baby!" and "No sing!". (She's 2.) :cryingwlaughter: Hope Parker enjoys his dad's vocal stylings a little more the niecelet did ours.

Ok I ran to WM at lunch. I had to have that sucker in my hand. Glorious! I had read the liner notes online but when I had it in my hand I just teared up! It says so little and yet so much!

We cannot possibly know what was going on but a heck of a lot it seems. What a strong man he is?