#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

:flirtysmile3: Well, I could NOT have been more thrilled or besotted with him and that performance this morning on GMA! Hee, sooo cute how he hung onto that piano for a bit when he started singing. A tad bit nervous I think but it sure didn't show in his vocals! EEEEEEEEEEEEE

He looked and sounded fabulous, gorgeous, GREAT and adorable :snoopy:

I only wish they had let him either sing the show out or gave him time for a second song, which I believe was the original plan.

poopies Forgive me Denzel fans but WTF did he have to suddenly "drop by" today of all days!!! :smack:

I'm looking forward to more clack from those lucky enough to be there. For now I'm going back to watching video and licking my monitor.

Good Afternoon, FCA! :twinklewhore:

What a great day in Clay Land -- a fantastic new CD that features Clay's incredible voice and promo appearances already underway!

The new Carolina On My Mind blog centers around the activities of June 1, including fan reactions from three boards (including this one), graphics by Fountaindawg and SueReu, a video of Clay's GMA performance/interview, and reviews from this past weekend. Hope you enjoy! :snoopy:

Many thnx to those who were quoted for being able to make "exquisite" sense in the wee hours. As always, thank you your support of the Internet Clay blogs with comments, hits, FB posts, tweets, retweets, links, etc. :wub:

I used to PM people before quoting them, but no one ever turned me down. I can delete if anyone asks. I finally had to stop taking notes and post the blog, so I missed a lot of great comments. Hopefully, the overall picture was conveyed.

I may have to add BigApple's photo of the chart. I saved that early this morning. :whistling-1:

Have an awesome week, all. It certainly has started off with a bang! EmoticonEEEEE.gif

Caro :listen:

It took me three stores this am to find the deluxe version. My copy from Amazon has not arrived yet. Then I read that we could download the extra song off of I-tune. My computer is to old that is why I did not try last night to buy a dowloaded version. My friend though has a brand new Apple so we went in and downloaded the song. Once her deluxe copy arrives she is going to burn me another CD with the extra song along with the other 13 songs. Now I now we do not like to burn CD's, but I have purchased 6 just not the I-tune version. I really wanted the song and new I would have problems with my computer. I love the BMUB off the DVD. He looks so good!!!

Via walkiki at the CH:

From Clayboard -
angelty at CV reported that her husband saw an ad for Tried and True in USA Today. I was just at the store and got a copy. Here is the ad, on page 3 of section D (entertainment). It looks beautiful! It goes across the full width of the page. It is about 1.5 inches high. (just above the fold of the page).

e32af859.jpg

Based on the JustJared pictures and watching the GMA clack again, I have to say I'm digging the stand-up bass player. He looked so happy to be there and he really seemed to be enjoying the music. Rock on Bass Dude!

clay-aiken-new-album-08.jpg

I've got so much to say and so little time to say it in, but it goes sumpin' like this:

1. Clay sang on TV this morning the best I've ever heard him sing on TV. It was CD quality and the band was tight. I think that performance will sell some albums. Although if CDs are being ordered today from Amazon they won't show up in the numbers for at least a week or two. I was having more Amazon problems today and called to talk to a warm body. She informed me that they didn't have enough inventory for the demand and April orders with two-day or better shipping went first and everybody else had to wait for more product to get to the warehouse. I guess because the initial pre-order numbers were down, they didn't stock much. I think everyone wanting the DVD in July should pre-order now.

2. I can't stand the sucking up to critics. I haven't respected critics for 40 years and I sure ain't starting now. They are blood-suckers. The old crap about how people who can't do, teach is so wrong because people do and teach, and teach and do, all the time. But, I think it's true about critics. They don't DO anything but criticize others' work according to their own personal tastes, or lack thereof. They are talentless, and I have no use for these f*ckers. (The " * " is for merrieeee, and ldyj and all of you with more couth and class than I.) I have read the ones that have been linked around, and I'm just aghast at some of the comments. Like: Clay should be singing about coming out (maybe they should have listened to Ashes and The Real Me and some of the very heavy lyrics in OMWH and extrapolated back then?). Or, how about Clay doesn't sing Suspicious Minds the same way Elvis did (duh!), because Elvis had that "paranoia" edge in his voice. Earth to mindless critic, somehow I don't believe Clay was going for the paranoia vibe, or that that's what Elvis had in mind either. The Tarzan yell thing was just an ugly and unprofessional thing to say. Who here remembers the Carol Burnett yell and thinks that sounds like Clay? Come on, bitch. And, let's not forget that remark about the lyrics "why can't I cast away this mask of Clay," except Anthony Newley wrote "mask of PLAY." This brilliant critic doesn't know that?

3. FURCA. Is there some reason why people have a need to live in the past at a time like this? Could anything be more inappropriate than to assume and read between the lines when that very thing ruptured the fandom? I don't begin to know how Clay feels except that he is very happy now and has a tight relationship with his label and his management. Going past that is asking for trouble, and racking up some bad karma. (I'll accept my karmic debt on the critics thing, it's worth it to me.)

4. I went to B&N and they had T&T Deluxe on the New Release rack, on the top row. Then I went across the street to Best Buy to get my new iPod Touch 32GB (I'm pretending it's my birthday), and Best Buy had the core album on display with New Releases, but also had several copies of the Deluxe in the alpha bin - probably a dozen total of them both. BB had about 75 copies of Jack Johnson. Regarding Jack Johnson: He bores the crap out of me. I saw him sing on TV once and liked the pleasant little ditty he sang. So I downloaded the album and the song I liked was the only one I could listen to, and I got tired of it after a very few listens. Obviously he's getting the marketing push of his life right now. Why, I can't understand, unless the world is suddenly on fire for Hawaiian beach music sung lackadaisically.

I think I'm through now, unless I think of something else. My memory just ain't what it used to be. Oh yeah, one more thing, I loved how Robin mentioned "the adorable Parker" this morning.

ETA: And another thing. I love the iTouch 32gb. It has voice command so I say "Play Clay Aiken" and it replies "Now Playing Clay Aiken" and does, which is just how I like it!

AND LdJ, you and me kid on that loooowwww note in Breaking Up.

ETAAT: He's up to #8 at Amazon.

New tweet:

clayaiken Check out Clay's TV appearances this week as he promotes 'Tried & True' - http://bit.ly/ClayTV

New appearances for this week:

June 3 – News Broadcasts

KWGN - Denver (CW)

WAGA - Atlanta (FOX)

KDVR - Denver (FOX)

WTTR - Washington DC (FOX)

WJBK - Detroit (FOX)

KDFW - Dallas (FOX)

KABC - Los Angeles (ABC)

June 5 - The Early Show Saturday Morning (CBS)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! More Clay on TV!

I have made the rounds of stores in London and alas, no Deluxe version to be found (not a single one of them even knew what I was talking about , lol). On the bright side, they all had the regular version on display with the new releases. I guess it's been a while since I looked in the CD sections - wow, they really pretty much give them away now, huh? I did make my brick & mortar purchase of the regular one and will now wait patiently for my amazon order to arrive.

All in all, this has been a great day!!! And that's saying something, considering it really did start at 12:01 this morning!

Well after a long and stressful day at work, I stopped at my local Target, bought the only two copies of Tried and True they had and finally am listening to Clay sing to me. I am going to savor this baby from one end to the other.....Be back later with my thoughts.

Kim

New appearance:

June 5 - The Early Show Saturday Morning (CBS)

And this...flove:

Ian_UsMusic

Clay Aiken was just here and I swear I never laughed so hard in my life - and in front of the cameras! I love dark, twisted humor.

The above quote is from the senior music editor and US Weekly

Kim

Edited by aikim

Tweet:

sashacharnin

Clay Aiken set me straight on my Silly Bandz. I wore pink, green, tie-dye, red. Figure it out for yourselves. Who knew he would know?

She is the US Weekly Fashion Director

http://www.sillybandz.com/

Another tweet:

clayaiken

#7 on iTunes and #9 on Amazon so far! Thanks to all of you who have bought #TriedAndTrue today! http://bit.ly/ClayiTunes

I don't really have any chart expectations for this go around and I'm okay with that, I really am. I do believe that Decca has different plans for him. But you know what bugs? FINALLY he releases a CD in a week when he doesn't have much competition and it's the least pre-publicity he's ever had. Figures, doesn't it?

ETA: How cool! He's at #15 on iTunes Canada! That makes me smile.

Guh. The opening of Crying is brilliant. Just that split second of only Clay's voice - BAM! Brilliant.

I did my review as a blog at the OFC. I didn't review each song just some thoughts...I am Ozfan4 at the OFC.

Look like there will be video on Thursday. Via tweet:

alwaysclays

1. @Ian_UsMusic Thank you. I will check it out then 15 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to Ian_UsMusic

2. RT @Ian_UsMusic: Clay Aiken was just here and I swear I never laughed so hard in my life - and in front of the cameras! I love dark, twi ... 21 minutes ago via TweetDeck

3. @Ian_UsMusic He is great isn't he. He knows how to make people laugh. Was this an interview and when and where can we see it?

Ian_UsMusic

1. @CarlyReneeCara with! Never at! 16 minutes ago via Echofon in reply to CarlyReneeCara

2. @alwaysclays the best! Yes: video on usmagazine.com on Thursday! 17 minutes ago via Echofon in reply to alwaysclays

I don't know why so many of my favorite pictures of Clay are from GMA, it just works out that way. I haven't had time to check out anybody's screencaps, except that sexy one posted by LdyJ, which is probably illegal in 14 states and the Island of Guam. I've taken to fanning myself over that one. I took some photos with my cell phone camera straight off the TV in my bedroom today. How's that for loooooow tech? Anyway I really liked a few of them, including my new avi.

Wrote a "song" about it. Wanna hear it, hear it goes:

Clay Aiken is the hottest man I've ever even known about

Hotter than a two-fifty pistol on Saturday night in Texas

Unh Hunh Unh Uh

Thank ya very much!

06-01-10_1836.jpg

06-01-10_1835.jpg

06-01-10_1834.jpg

06-01-10_1831.jpg

06-01-10_1832.jpg

06-01-10_1806.jpg

Look like there will be video on Thursday. Via tweet:

alwaysclays

1. @Ian_UsMusic Thank you. I will check it out then 15 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to Ian_UsMusic

2. RT @Ian_UsMusic: Clay Aiken was just here and I swear I never laughed so hard in my life - and in front of the cameras! I love dark, twi ... 21 minutes ago via TweetDeck

3. @Ian_UsMusic He is great isn't he. He knows how to make people laugh. Was this an interview and when and where can we see it?

Ian_UsMusic

1. @CarlyReneeCara with! Never at! 16 minutes ago via Echofon in reply to CarlyReneeCara

2. @alwaysclays the best! Yes: video on usmagazine.com on Thursday! 17 minutes ago via Echofon in reply to alwaysclays

I'm lmao. do people really understand what this says??

*is clueless*

From bigappleforclay at getclayaiken:

Oh bottle...tongue action....

whistling-1.gif

Schmoop alert!!! OMG, he is so friggin' cuuuuuuuuuute! Hee, he's not afraid of the little big cats - just kitties I guess.

For those who can't wait:

Clip from Joy Behar's show this evening

Yes, it's about AI. But yes, he calls Simon an asshole! Hee!

Oh hahahah! I used the word douchebag, but the sentiment's the same. *g*

I can't believe he really said it. My life is complete, lol. Oh, how I love this man. That was completely adorable in context - he is such a big kid sometimes. *heart* him.

I am confused though, because I just watched the opening of the show and he was not in the intro. ETA: and now I see that there are a lot of things not in the intro. Coming up next!!