#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Oh wow. Good thing I didn't stay home to watch, just knowing that he was going to go for the airplane note would have sent me into cardiac arrest. Now I can go home and watch it safely, knowing it all went well. Not that I think it wouldn't, but.....ah, you understand. He does funny things to me.

Just watched it. He's still the best, same as yesterday when he was the best. He sounded ridiculously good. I heard that gasp from the audience at the big amp up.

HitsDailyDouble is predicting for next week based on 1-day sales:

1. Jack Johnson with 240,000 - 260,000

2. Taio Cruz (hip-hop producer) with 22,000 - 27,000

3. Clay Aiken with 17,000 - 20,000

So, even though the numbers aren't historic, it is something that he'll keep his record for debuting albums in the Top 5. Was OMWH a No. 3 or a No. 4?

Maybe Clay is going to sing a different song on every show to hit every potential audience for these songs. UM was a good one for the View, with Whoopie's connection to Ghost.

I don't think The View's audience was turned off to the yelling and talking over each other before Clay's segment. They do that every day, especially when Barbara isn't there to referee. Today was tame, actually. Clay must know Mario Cantone; he gave him a big hug.

ETA: LdyJ, that is one cool avi you have there!

Hits Daily Double is predicting for next week based on 1-day sales:

So, even though the numbers aren't historic, it is something that he'll keep his record for debuting albums in the Top 5. Was OMWH a No. 3 or a No. 4?

I thought that too, until someone at CH reminded me that this blurb is about debut albums only. There are other returning albums that may sell more than 20,000. Looking at last week's report, he may not make the top 10. And you know what? I do not care. :loveclaysbutt:

I thought that too, until someone at CH reminded me that this blurb is about debut albums only. There are other returning albums that may sell more than 20,000. Looking at last week's report, he may not make the top 10. And you know what? I do not care. :loveclaysbutt:

Me either, jmh. And thanks for the clarification.

With these two very successful appearances singing on GMA and The View, he may sell more than first day sales indicate during this week. I don't know what HDD bases their assumptions on, but I'm thinking maybe pre-orders and spot checks with some of the majors. A lot of Walmarts didn't even have T&T's out of the box until later yesterday. But whatever the first week numbers are, he's going to sell a lot of copies of this album over the next year, and the sales will stretch over the debut period now, the Timeless Tour with Ruben, The Tried & True PBS Special as it's shown around the country, and an upcoming solo Tried & True tour. This is no flash in the pan album. No way. This one makes people gasp.

:word:

I don't think I can control Clay's numbers. I also think fans may not be buying as many as some did before. I did find quite a few dvds at our B&N so I bought one. So far this week 2 downloads, 1 cd and 1 dvd. I may buy a few more cds next week for friends. I thought TC seemed happy to be selling so well with the tweet about Amazon #s and itunes #s last night. I too am hoping for a long buying period.

I think Clay does a great job at normalizing GLBT folks as do many others. I like that he can talk about his life as a dad which is no different than most folks. Hopefully some day he will feel free to talk about having a love in his life but that seems to be the point at which the general public loses the "same as you and me" feeling. Hopefully that will change soon. Clay did say that acceptance has come a long way in the last seven years. I hope it changes during my lifetime and he can just feel free to talk about his whole life.

I hope I didn't say anything offensive in the above statement. I was once called a homophobe on another board and it made me feel bad that I came across that way.

I had a comment on my Facebook profile from someone in Toronto. She said that there were deluxes available there so I may find some on Saturday when I go in for the CD release party. Let me know if you want me to get you some if I find any.

ETA: My Amazon order has been bumped to June 17th to 23rd. :( :( :(

I would say pick up as many as you can. My amazon.ca isn't shipping right not and my amazon.com only shipped the regular cd.

Sigh should have read to the end before I posted. One of these days I will learn.

Just home from work and have been o'ding on clack...but you can never have too much...Clay singing, Clay talking, Clay being funny...Clay looking gorgeous as all get out...I am just loving this!

So U.M....I have loved Clay singing this song since I heard him on his demo tapes...he powered through it at 19...now he is feeling it; embracing the song...Clay always kills on the glory notes, but what I love more are the nuances in his singing now, the way he caresses the notes; the words and completely loses himself in the song.

:flirtysmile3:

Kim

It's a Clackapalooza~

http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel

Bring It On!!!!

Crap! this video is not available in Canada. Even Youtube is doing that now? Pffffffffffft. It anybody can rip it, please do!

ETA - I might have a way around this, fellow Canadians. Short, but cute 'exit interview' from The View.

Sendspace wmv

Argh, I'm getting this message when I try to open the you tube link:

This video contains content from ABC Soapnet, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Oh well, I am loving all the clack today! So cool to catch up! Although I could do without the all-knowing 18-year-old's criticisms. whistling-1.gif He has no idea what he's talking about. Sure, go listen to your Frank Sinatra if it makes you feel better. Just don't ask me to do anything for you!

FearOfH20 thbighug-1.gif well said.

I just got to watch my PVR of the View on my big tv. Dang, that is one fine outfit he has on. So classy!

He really nailed that performance. There really aren't many singers who could do that song live, with that arrangement. Outstanding!

Well..that was interesting...I thought Clay seemed a little uncomfortable.

Kim

They must have edited a lot because the guy tweeted a couple of days ago

Clay Aiken was just here and I swear I never laughed so hard in my life - and in front of the cameras! I love dark, twisted humor."

I didn't get uncomfortable, I got "incredibly snarky." In my case, I was LMAO!

Gosh, what a wealth of riches today!

ETA: THANK YOU BOTTLECAP! I love that picture!