#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Apparently Clay wasn't feeling too well this morning..

QUOTE (bigappleforclay @ Jun 5 2010, 09:00 AM)

jc4aiken saw Clay arrive (5:30 am) and leave the Early Show this morning. She said he was "limping" from his car to the entrance and held on to his handlers. He sat on a stool during the entire sound check, and yawned often. No one knows for sure if there was something physically wrong with him, but he did not appear to be his usual self. She asked me to post her cell phone photos (possibly the only ones today since no one else was taking photos):

Fanagers? LOL Never heard that one before, but so appropriate! I used to fret...but I've found that I'm a happier person when I accept and enjoy what is rather than kvetch about what isn't, what oughta be, what coulda been, etc. I mean, really. I have zero control over Clay Aiken. :)

This is great. It's from Dr. Frank Spinelli regarding his "stalking" of Clay. It was linked on another board so I brought it here for everyone to enjoy.

http://spinellimd.wo.../05/clay-aiken/

That was very cool to read. Thanks for bringing it.

________

((((Clay))))

Just because.

________

:DoClay:

Also just because.

I just rewatched the complete CTMEOOY. That, with the way he was holding on to the piano and mic stand, plus reading the description of him walking in this morning, sounds to me like his vertigo from a few years ago. Speculation, of course, and we'll probably never know. As it should be (even though I'm dying to know).

Chelsea Handler? That'll blow the roof off, won't it? That's kind of like Clay going on Conan or Kathy Griffin. He's definitely making peace. Chelsea Lately is a pretty raunchy show, but she's very popular with the in crowd. Chelsea and Chuy and Clay? Oh, my!!! I wouldn't miss this one for the world.

Kimmell is still open on Friday the 11th.

ETA: Regarding the possible vertigo, I was just thinking this morning while watching him on the Early Show how much he reminded me of how he looked during the Christmas 2006 tour. But I was thinking hair and stubble at the time, not vertigo.

More on Chelsea ... I've seen this show more than a few times because my kids like her show. One thing I do like about Chelsea is that she has no use for idle celebrity of the Hiltons and Kardashians of this world and she saves her harshest comments for the "party" crowd. She's best friends with Jenny McCarthy, and her career took off, IMO, because of her long-time relationship with Ted Herbert, CEO of Comcast Entertainment Group (that owns the E Network, I believe). She's cracked on Clay quite a bit in the past couple of years, but then will make casual asides that 'she'd do him.'

He'll be her couch guest, following the dish she does with the three comedians at the beginning of the show. She's very frank and doesn't suck up to anybody. I saw her on Larry King one night and she stated that she doesn't suffer fools gladly, and aspires to do substantive interviews in her career. Her books have been best sellers. It should be interesting on Tuesday night. I'll bet she gets along great with Clay.

He looks just fine there. Just. Fine. :flirtysmile3:

He does. He's looked great all week. Love the longer hair, stubble, and mature look. Favorite clothing item: skinny olive green tie with the star in the center.

I don't know how Clay can stand answering the same questions over and over day after day. Those radio inteviews....oy. Somehow he manages to sound fresh each time.

KAndre, I'm with you on the arrangement of Unchained Melody. I still love to listen, as Clay sounds great, but that thing in the middle (glide to the key change) doesn't do it for me. Whatever. Love the CD. Have been listening to it non-stop on my hour and half commute to work. I am surprised at how much I like the big band sounds. The song that has grown on me the most is It's Only Make Believe. That one goes on repeat more often than not, along with Mack the Knife. Looking forward to the song-a-day discussion.

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog went "live" with a HOT recap of the Saturday CBS "goings on."

Hot because my A/C is OUT until Tuesday. I am camped out in front of a box fan hoping to survive the 90-degree predictions. Meanwhile, I hope you come enjoy the blog, which features videos/links from this morning, screencaps by Dancermom2, a new wallpaper by Fountaindawg, Rainlover's NJU story following the show, among other "stuff, links, etc.

Hope you enjoy. Many thnx for your comments, hits, tweets, reposts at Facebook, etc. :thbighug-1:

I fell asleep and came back in to see all the activity. After a fast check of the first 15 comment pages following the blog, I had to quit. As a fan, I am embarrassed by the number of "well-meaning" fans, whose names I recall from past unpleasantness, and who abide and perpetuate, somehow, to inform Clay about promotion and distribution.

I was hoping people would, by this time, be disabused of the notion that it's a good thing to sell CD's at your concerts. It's just not done. Maybe if you play the American Legion Hall or the Community Center and you press the CDs yourself it's the thing to do, but if it's between a professional venue and a record label product, it won't happen. Merchandise is sold, but not CD's.

And the many comments that Clay needs to get Decca to load up shipments of Tried & True to the diminishing record aisle(s) at Walmart is bizarre, as if the stores themselves have nothing to do with ordering the merchandise they sell. Free-standing record stores are all but extinct. If you want hard copies the options are among the severely limited sections dedicated to CDs in book stores, electronics stores, and discount general merchandise stores, period. And they are diminishing for a very good reason - people don't buy hard copies of records anymore; they download. The CD aisle now exists for the ever-dwindling numbers who are not online, and it's best-sellers only.

I've bought quite a few copies of T&T this week. I had several delivered directly to family and friends from Amazon and, fortunately, everything I ordered was delivered successfully this week. I've downloaded from two sites, and gifted from iTunes. The majority of sales these days are online downloads. While there are people who aren't online, the record business is not catering to them anymore. They are looking to the future, and that is people online. I can download directly from iTunes on my iPod. Everything Tried & True has to offer, including all bonus material, can be downloaded from iTunes or delivered from Amazon. There were no "store" exclusives this time, so I haven't even been into a Walmart or Target looking for T&T. I didn't need them for this CD. And, when I have been in those stores recently, I don't see shoppers in the CD section.

The people who don't understand the lack of promotion obviously haven't paid attention to David Novik. He's made no secret of Decca's marketing strategy. Decca markets to adults, and the strategy in a nutshell is, TOUR, TOUR, TOUR, in that order. I guess that's why Clay is going on the road with Ruben this summer, before planning the solo T&T tour to follow. And the PBS Special is not, in my opinion, a vehicle exclusively to sell CDs. It's a hook to put people in the seats for tours. Watching a live concert on PBS entices people to buy tickets to that show when it comes to their area. The Celtic Women and Thunder, etc., are selling out arenas now, and all because of PBS specials. It's the modern synergy, and radio isn't even in this picture. Things have changed and continue to evolve, but the fanagers are still clinging to obsolete paradigms. The lecturing of Clay as to how he should promote this CD is just sad, and embarrassing.

keepingfaith, I must have quoted this last night because I so agree. I have read on other boards that some of the terrible remarks have been removed from the fan club site.

^^^I had to look it up - Chelsea Handler is in LA. Must be West Coast week!

Let me start the chant: KIMMEL! KIMMEL! KIMMEL!

I'm right there with you! However, after the "idjut" Detroit radio DJ's, I believe Clay can handle anything. :imgtongue:

Love the doctor story/blog! :whistling-1:

Will be back in a bit (can't stay away from the fan too long, LOL!) and finish catching up! Have a great weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

The song that has grown on me the most is It's Only Make Believe. That one goes on repeat more often than not, along with Mack the Knife.

:yeahthat:

I've only listened to the two bonus songs on the deluxe cd once. Neither of them really grabbed me. And I will admit to being a teensy weensy bit disappointed in BMUB. I didn't expect that. Misty is still the song I skip sometimes. Although I think the way Clay sings "it's what I want you to do" is sublime.

I only ever buy 2 physical copies of Clay's CDs. One to listen to and one to leave shrink-wrapped in my Clay box. :cocktail:

When I purchased my 2nd CD at Target today (the one that will stay unopened) the cashier smiled and said...."Clay Aiken....now that's when American Idol was gooooood. I like him. He's such a nice man."

*sigh* I really do love this CD. No surprise since I already knew and loved many of these songs. (And, hello! Clay is singing them!) Musically I've always been an older soul. Not that I don't find more modern music that I like, I'm just often attracted to songs from before my time.

I think these need to be on this page again. Thanks bottlecap! When I was watching this morning, I noticed just a few of these glances. And was promptly laid on the floor!

Parts of Clay may have been under the weather this morning, but the eyef*ck was in perfect working order, tenqueberrymuss. :flirtysmile3:

EarlyShow3.jpg

EarlyShow4.jpg

EarlyShow5.jpg

EarlyShow1.jpg

EarlyShow2.jpg

He still loves me... :hubbahubba:

EarlyShowTongue.jpg

EarlyShowtongue2.jpg

Looking at those pictures of Clay, he should have a pretty well developed mustache and beard by the Broadway Show in Raleigh. I better practice taking photos again. Although I'll bet Scarlett and toni7babe will be there so I can just keep the camera in my handbag. :lilredani:

According to a Tweet Clay Aiken is out & about tonight. 3 rows in front of someone

2nd Twwet:

navy shirt, and his companion is wearing long sleeved tshirt. Clay looks about 5- boyish face even up close

According to a Tweet Clay Aiken is out & about tonight. 3 rows in front of someone

2nd Twwet:

navy shirt, and his companion is wearing long sleeved tshirt. Clay looks about 5- boyish face even up close

Is there a Tweet #1? :flirtysmile3:

ETA: Somebody send a bag of ice to Caro. It's gonna be hot in therrre.