#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Was hoping it would be capped. I did the trial 14 day thing and started listening about 3:03 and typed up what I could as he was talking here:

http://nearlynoholdsbarredaclayaikenmessageboard.yuku.com/topic/1209?page=1

(OK to post that link? If not, let me know and I'll take it out)

I need to listen again cuz dayum he's hard to keep up with, listen and type actually all at the same time. What a jam-packed candid interview! A LOT to take in!

I was bowled over that he actually mentioned the tabloids saying he was laying on a certain person and his answer. I need to hear it again, to make sure that I heard it right the first time. WHO did the tabloids say that about anyhow. I worry that this will get swamprat's mouth flapping again.

This afternoon's radio interview totally makes up for having to slog through those silly satellite interviews from this week that all asked the exact same questions about AI and whatnot. I feel like I got more insight into Clay as a person from that hour-long chat than anything since LTS. And unlike LTS, which I was never able to reread because I found parts of it too painful, I can't wait to listen to this interview again.

Amen! Best interview ever! From the promo line I admit I was a little bit afraid of what it was going to be. Boy oh boy, was I wrong. Larry was respectful, insightful and fun!! He was almost a fanboy, but without any hint of falseness. If he isn't a fan, then he is the best actor ever because I completely believed.

The first part of the interview was all about the music and I so appreciate that. He asked great questions and actually allowed Clay to answer. And oh man, did he answer! I don't think I'm going to stop grinning for a week. So true, what bottlecap said about the insight. He was incredibly open and my respect for him only grows and grows. He is a special man!!

Favorites comical moments... the part where he talks about how deep his voice sounds on their system, and the response when Larry talks about sometimes (rarely) feeling 'that way' about a woman. Clay's answer was classic. BWAH! I love love LOVE this man!

ETA: canfly, in my opinion Clay's answer to the tabloid thing was brilliant and totally discounted their 'spin'. swamprats, (to quote my dear Mr. Aiken although on a different subject), can kiss my ass! And his answer to the 'love' question was also brilliant. He is a smart, smart man.

Yay! I finally found a copy of Tried and True in a store today (Sorry, Clay, it was Walmart. Target didn't have it). I downloaded from iTunes and ordered from Amazon, but I like to buy one copy from anphysical store. It feels symbolic to me, in some odd way that I can't really articulate. Whatever. Mission accomplished.

:listen:

Wow! I had it easy. I drove to Simcoe after school on CD release day and there were 5 sitting at eyelevel in 3 spring-push-forward slots with 3 showing! Right with all of the rest of the new releases, exactly like they should be. Found it within 10 seconds of arriving at the CD department. I don't know whether they got in only 5 or if they had 10 to start. If they had 10, then they sold 5 before I got there, which would be cool to think that there are people in my little town interested enough to buy.

I had a hunt at Sunrise records on Yonge Street after the CD release party in toronto and didn't see it anywhere. Asked the girl at the counter if they had any (mission was the bonus one with the DVD) and she said, oh yes...follow me and after she took 2 steps i asked if they had the bonus one and she said, oh no, we don't have those and there was some problem with distribution...but it was nice that she was right on top of it. I did go back up to that front corner after we separated just so I could see the regular ones on the rack and I swear I didn't see it anywhere, so maybe they were all sold out! :clap:

This past week has been totally awesome. Clay's great CD being released. His appearances on GMA, The View, Joy Behar, all the satellite interviews and the radio interviews. I've been in Clay heaven most of the week and it's all because of Clay. However, this interview today tops all the interviews of this week. It was great hearing about the CD and how it came to be and how he could finally record what he wanted. It was wonderful to hear a DJ who seems to really like Clay and respect him and his choices, and who asked interesting questions giving Clay the chance to answer them. No rush job here. Loved the entire interview. It does my heart good to hear Clay so confident and comfortable with himself.

Thanks you for the recaps and downloads!

Second best part of the interview? He put the song Touch to bed, hopefully forever! :cryingwlaughter:

We can only hope, but...you just know this summer if he does any kind of requests at the end of the show...someone will ask...unfortunately, no matter how many times Clay says something...there will be those who don't believe him...there are still fans who are hoping now that he got this CD "out of his system" he will make a CD of original music.

Kim

Wow. This one is a treasure trove. Too much to take in during one sitting.

His openness about so many topics -- his music, RCA, religion, his upbringing, his coming out, the tabloids, parenting, his life in general -- is heartwarming.

I'm so proud of him.

Gotta listen to this one a few more times.

I too had to laugh about the "Touch" discussion, considering that for a while, I thought I was the only person in the fandom who wasn't crazy about that song!

The most heartwarming, heart-wrenching, insightful, and articulately spoken interview we've ever had -- but then that's Clay Aiken. :)

If you are writing a journal at the new clayaiken.com site would like to read about codes that work on the blog side, this post is for you.

I just put all the blog codes that work -- and talked about a couple of others (color, blockquote) that would be nice to have -- in the HTM/BBCode Testing Thread set up by Justin for us. Because the HTML is not turned off, you have to QUOTE the post to see the codes.

You are welcome to add more and to ask questions. I bugged Ground(ctrl) so much that they finally set this thread up. I posted the link on Facebook -- and on my CA page -- right after the radio interview.

Thnx for the "warm" sympathy. I have called another A/C company that will come tomorrow. I think I can manage. It's amazing how fast cold bottled water becomes warm.

Caro :listen:

Carolina On My Mind

canfly, I'm pretty sure that reference was to John the hair guy, because I remember a tabloid story along those lines from back in the day.

I hope so... and...

ETA: canfly, in my opinion Clay's answer to the tabloid thing was brilliant and totally discounted their 'spin'. swamprats, (to quote my dear Mr. Aiken although on a different subject), can kiss my ass! And his answer to the 'love' question was also brilliant. He is a smart, smart man.

I hope so...

Cuz last thing Clay needs right now is that mouthpiece starting up again cuz he's been wonderfully silent. :whew:

I loved the joking at the beginning re: how low his voice was.

Clay's likely to gain a lot of respect for how candid he was. He obviously totally won over the radio guy!

...there are still fans who are hoping now that he got this CD "out of his system" he will make a CD of original music.

Kim

:meme:

What? I can dream can't I?

(appreciates the instrumentation but still loves OMWH (the CD not the song) the bestest)

OMG I just d/l and listened to the Sirius OutQ interview. Best interview ever! He is so candid, funny, witty and eloquent. Larry Flick is a great interviewer.

OutQ interview, 65Mb, 192Kbps mp3.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dl1pi3

Be sure to upload a new copy and post should this one run out quickly. I uploaded to CH but don't know if any admins are around.

A second copy:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qsl028

Sendspaces don't run out do they? I had one last for 6 months or more as long as people are downloading from it and keeping it active?

Thanks.

I read the recap and then went and downloaded it. I am waiting till it is quiet here to listen to it. He made me laugh and cry during his interview. It really hit me when he talked about going to his Grandmother house. He is truely one special person.

You know, this radio interview confirmed many beliefs I've had about Clay over the years. One was that RCA didn't know what the hell to do with him, and yet, there were people there who did like working with Clay (and he, them). Another was when he was talking about how quickly he recorded TnT, and the only other album he did that with was the Christmas album. I've emailed a few people talking about this current album, with my feeling that he was born to sing these songs, and that I felt the exact same way with MCWL.

I loved the story about taking Brett along when he talked to his grandmother.

flirtysmile3.gifflirtysmile3.gif

I thought it was interesting that when Larry was talking about asking many times to interview Clay and getting a 'oh Hell, no' - Clay says (he's laughing and they are both talking at once, so not 100% sure he was serious) that it 'never got to him'.

I'm listening again and cracking up over the 'convenient name' thing (Peter). :cryingwlaughter: And the 'X' chromosome. OMG - he's priceless.

I just downloaded it as we were out to dinner. I did read many recaps. He is definitely a person who has things to say. I'm so happy he can finally answer the questions and respond to the falsehoods. Go Clay and help the world change one step at a time. :clap:

Thanks Cindilu for pinging me about that interview and Kimiye for posting the sendspace.

Great interview. Yeah I've always felt that they didn't know what to do with Clay because he didn't fit one of the usual boxes. And I think he's right about him coming out of the gate not trying to be a "pop" star -- things might have gone even better for him. There's no way to know for sure of course.

I have to say my favorite line was when the guy was saying yeah every now and then he's attracted to a woman and Clay is like..uh NOT ME LOL.

From Larry Flick's Twitter account:

It's less than 2 hours since my interview with Clay Aiken has aired, and I have been BOMBARDED by Clay-mates showing love. Wow.about 3 hours ago via web

and

And, for the record, there are other pop stars whose fans can learn a lesson about manners from Clay-mates.about 3 hours ago via web

Who'd have thought Claymates would be held up as a good example of fans!??

The times, they are a changin'