#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Thanks merrieeee!!! That was also posted on their Facebook page as well.

I love the idea that the National Inclusion Project could, in the future, become the International Inclusion Project!

Still loving the whole idea of the album cover, and the look and feel of it (not to mention the man in the picture). Now -- bring on the leaked songs!

Thanks merrieeee!!! That was also posted on their Facebook page as well.

I love the idea that the National Inclusion Project could, in the future, become the International Inclusion Project!

Still loving the whole idea of the album cover, and the look and feel of it (not to mention the man in the picture). Now -- bring on the leaked songs!

Yah for the National Inclusion Project. No for the leaked songs. I know I already heard him sing them but still, I do like to be surprised. :flirtysmile3: Yah for the great pictures. I like them all but I kind of like the freckles. They were in full view at the Gala when Clay stood in back of me for the picture taking. :clay:

I've gotten a few notes over the last few months from people wondering what the hell happened to me and why I haven't updated my blog in.....a while. I wrote something very rusty this afternoon if you're bored, or wondering or something.....Sally's. Nothing really happened to me, I'm just lazy.

I guess I'm going to have to decide whether or not to get a Danish Ticketmaster account so my Turning Stone ticket can be held at Will Call. There is no e-ticket option for this show on TM, so if I use my US account, the ticket will be sent to my husband's old Houston office....in a plain white envelope...which could get tossed out with our junk mail. Will call is only an option for international orders for this one. What to do? What to do? To complicate matters even further buddy is coming to clean the house between four and five tomorrow (which is right in the middle of the Ticketmaster tango and the Phone Fandango for me). Like, I'm supposed to get up and answer the door for him? Hear with the vacuum running? What if he wants me to lift my feet when I'm just about to type in a jumbled word? What if Skype, my phone link to the outside world drops me? What if he vacuums over the internet cable and takes it out? And what if I forget the time? It's hard to wrap one's head around buying tickets in the late afternoon. It's sort of like a breakfast thing to me. So, I'm a little nervous.....

It's almost 5 o'clock here....time for a cocktail.

And Whee!! My exercise bike came today! There is hope I can fit into my summer pants.

It sure would be nice if a little hope went a long way.

Another tweet:

includingkids

How bout this? Let's ALL Play and Together We Make a Difference in Arabic? Yep! Possible training in Oman? Yep!

From DECCA:

deccalabelgroup

Hey @ClayAiken fans! What do you all think of the new cover for "Tried & True"? http://twitpic.com/1e2p5m

The cover is now on Decca's website:

http://deccarecords-us.com/clayaiken/releases/

Edited by merrieeee
fixed link -jmh123

I tried the close up in Photoshop......about doubled the size, added a tad of blurring to smooth out the re-sampling bumps, and this is what I got. Not too bad, but in hindsight, I should have lightened that area on the right of his forehead just a little bit.

Higher Res Close Up

Thanks Kareneh. I wish Decca would correct his eyes to green too. One of my favorite Clay features.

My guess is he's thinking "Here's looking at you kid."

I love how Decca really cares enough to communicate with the fans, but I dread some of the responses they are going to get. I personally love the new cover and told them so.

I am so proud of the National Inclusion Project. To be getting international attention is something that was probably never even dreamt about.

eta Decca has posted Clay's new cover at Decca , but I can't get it to load.

Glad you're enjoying the biggie version of the cover. I know y'all will believe me when I say it was my pleasure. :wub:

Pretty much figured that out when you used 'biggie' and 'pleasure' in the same paragraph.

heh

:lipstick:

Okay, hey...I have a dumb question....Does anyone know where I got the picture my avatar is made from? I lost all my Clay pics to a catastrophic hard drive failure last year, so I will never know. Anyone recognize it?

Thankee

I think it might be this one from GMA.

post-1309-127075523921_thumb.jpg

I love how Decca really cares enough to communicate with the fans, but I dread some of the responses they are going to get. I personally love the new cover and told them so.

I am so proud of the National Inclusion Project. To be getting international attention is something that was probably never even dreamt about.

eta Decca has posted Clay's new cover at Decca , but I can't get it to load.

Here are the tags for that.

views: 1491 tag this: pop (1), orchestra (1), royorbison (1), retro (1), omg (1), macktheknife (1), lindaeder (1), moonriver (1), misty (1), standards (1), vincegill (1), unchainedmelody (1), whatkindoffoolami (1), vincentsoyez (1), triedandtrue (1), the4seasons (1), suspiciousminds (1), therighteousbrothers (1), theresakindofhush (1), johnnymathis (1), chriswalden (1), canttakemyeyesoffofyou (1), clayaiken (1), classics (1), brass (1), 1960s (1), 1950s (1), bobbydarin (1), bigband (1), conwaytwitty (1), irresistible (1), hermanshermits (1), itsonlymakebelieve (1), itsimpossible (1), gah (1), davidsanborn (1), crying (1), frankivalli (1), elvispresley (1)

I also left a comment at the Decca site...I really do love the cover even though I still find the "bruise" on his forehead a bit distracting.

So can someone explain to me the point of tags...don't really get it?

Kim

From ask.com:

Tags are basically a keyword or term used to assign to a piece of information, such as; a blog post, bookmark, digital image or computer file. This helps the information be found again by searching or browsing.

Since you work in a library aikim, think of them as "subject headings" for a post, picture, or blog. IMO, sometimes tagging works really well; in other cases, it's been...eh.

I've read through a bunch of the responses for the album cover, and I'm mostly pleased with the results. I have to think that Decca knew what kind of responses they would possibly get.

I still find it amazing for all the "it's all about the voice," that there's such a reaction to pictures of him! Both positive and negative. Hee.

From ask.com:

Tags are basically a keyword or term used to assign to a piece of information, such as; a blog post, bookmark, digital image or computer file. This helps the information be found again by searching or browsing.

Since you work in a library aikim, think of them as "subject headings" for a post, picture, or blog. IMO, sometimes tagging works really well; in other cases, it's been...eh.

I've read through a bunch of the responses for the album cover, and I'm mostly pleased with the results. I have to think that Decca knew what kind of responses they would possibly get.

I still find it amazing for all the "it's all about the voice," that there's such a reaction to pictures of him! Both positive and negative. Hee.

Thanks for the explanation...makes sense now.

Kim

Why do I hate the idea of Decca asking what the ' fans' like so much? *shudder*

Stop it right now!!!

:word:

Seriously, the lack of filters by some people just leave me shaking my head :wordpooper:

Sounds like Clay was at Duke today to see Al Gore make a speech -

From twitter:

hawriverfilms: Getting ready to cover @algore @duke for @unctv Clay Aiken also waiting for Al to take the stage. 4 protestors outside #stopmtr #climate

ldyj, you have been very busy today. I hope I can make it to more thsn one. I'd like to go to Raleigh but I'm afraid it will be a sell out. :cry4:

MOi? Busy? Yeah, I've been updating the concert threads, trying to find information on each venue, seating charts, things like that. If anyone can find more information on any of the shows, feel free to post in the respective concert thread!

OMG!!!! Clay Aiken - One Night Only

Brining Broadway Home

So is this a cooking show? :cryingwlaughter:

eta...Sorry....I do love the typonese.

bwah

Wow he is one busy boy!!Sounds like a lot of fun.

Lord please don't let Decca have a message board LOL.

Lord please don't let Decca have a message board LOL.

AMEN!!

OMG!!!! Clay Aiken - One Night Only

Brining Broadway Home

So is this a cooking show? :cryingwlaughter:

eta...Sorry....I do love the typonese.

Why, whatevah do you mean?:whistling-1:

Bringing Broadway Home

:imgtongue:

:GE_FCA:

I went from teaching fiddles to writing a new Carolina blog -- Clay Aiken's TNT Promo Takes Off -- featuring today's TNT/Decca developments, tour info/links, the National Inclusion tweets, and a special musical recollection from the F-5 Lubbock Tornado. It makes sense when you read the context. :lol:

You know most everything in the entry, but your visits and comments help with the Google placement of the Internet Clay blogs. I included cover art as edited by cindilu2, MakeNice, Kareneh, and Cotton. Many thnx for these! :clap: :clap:

Looking forward to reading your entry, Kareneh! Congrats on the bike! :)

Love the typo in the post about the CANN entry! Musicfan will probably laugh about it, too. :cryingwlaughter:

Have a wonderful weekend! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Boy, you know you've been working too hard when you type in your login info three times before you figure out that you are trying to login to FCA with your email address and password... BWAH!!!

Things should be fairly calm for awhile... I hope!

I love the hi-res pics from the new cd cover, cindi and kareneh!!! Thanks!

deya... Welcome!!! and anyone else who wants to/already has join/joined us. This is the bestest board around, and I'm not predjudiced in the least!

I just watched that Ashville banter on CNN. Hi-sterical!!! I sure hopes he exercises that wit on our Timeless Tour.

tree... you can whistle all you want, but we won't soon forget that briney typo. My favorite was a memo that what going out (from the client, thank goodness) that had Butt in the title... BWAH!!! I was nice and took the extra "t" out before sending it on, but I laughed about it for weeks... since it wasn't me that made that mistake.