#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

:GM_FCA:

52 Days until June 1st and The New CD!:04:

72 Days until Clay Brings Broadway Home to NC! :09:

104 Days until The Timeless Tour!

:yahoo:

Clay addresses The Key Club Convention in July!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hee, me too Fear. That was a pretty painless ticket sale, thank God. Where are you sitting? I'll be at Orchestra table 11.

I'm there, too! **waves** I got nuttin' to come up, thank heavens Shineinnc was searching for us, too. We'll be on the other side of the room though...Orch Table 3! Yay for (semi) painless ticket sales. :)

That was a pretty decent sale. I got a single via Ticketmaster in Orchestra 9 on the end closest to the stage. At the same time, I was calling to see what the box office would offer. It ended up being about the same so I stuck with the one I had. The gal in the box office thought I was nuts for passing on it, though. She said they were selling very fast. I'm so glad that is over....my hands were shaking so bad I'm amazed I got the funky TM word typed out in one try.

I am going to Ashville! Just booked a package deal online! Hope for good seats, all I know right now is they are reserved! But I am so happy this is finally done...wasn't sure it was even going to happen! :04:

Kim

I am going to Ashville! Just booked a package deal online! Hope for good seats, all I know right now is they are reserved! But I am so happy this is finally done...wasn't sure it was even going to happen! :04:

Kim

Congratulations aikim! I know how badly you wanted to do this. It's a gorgeous venue and it'll be a magical experience. First show, too! Where are you staying?

YAY Kareneh! Glad you got a good seat. If Clay banters about traveling a long way again, you will most likely have the record!!

And YAY also for luckiest, Fear, and Karma!! :04: :04: We're going to see Clay!!!

I'm at orchestra table 8. Looks pretty good to me. I only bought 1 ticket so it was a lot easier than usual, only had to throw one back. :twinklewhore:

Is it another FCA party?

Wrong I'm at table 5 seat 8. Probably better than what I thought. Do we have a slap ourselves against the head emoticon?

I'm at orchestra table 8. Looks pretty good to me. I only bought 1 ticket so it was a lot easier than usual, only had to throw one back. :twinklewhore:

Is it another FCA party?

We'll see you maybe, orch 7 or 9!

My favorite was a memo that what going out (from the client, thank goodness) that had Butt in the title... BWAH!!! I was nice and took the extra "t" out before sending it on, but I laughed about it for weeks... since it wasn't me that made that mistake.

Butt are you certain it was a mistake? ;)

Okay I'm just gonna say it. Idol's finally having its first (?) alumni mentor and it's freaking Adam Lambert? Seriously?

head:wall

:yeahthat: Honestly, this show has jumped the shark so many times now that it feels like a comedy from the 70's. A dark comedy. LOL

Congrats to all who got decent tickets today with little ticketstress!! :wub: It feels so good to read the representing list knowing he will be out touring in some compacity again and everyone has something to look forward to. Whether it is attending a performance or clack!

Speaking of representing lists.....Karen eh? are you by any chance traveling with Clay? :whistling-1: you lucky ducky :BlowKiss:

I have to share this hubby story it made me :hahaha:

Hubby just made reservations for a hotel room in Detroit, since I'm flying back from Florida and meeting him there to go on to Reno. He spoke to the hotel and they sent him on to another person (who just happened to be in Manila) to finalize the reservation. When all was said and done (and it was a lot of rigamarole), he hung up and said, What a lot of work for that Mr. Aiken! I said you don't know the half of it, he said I know my half, that's bad enough. :hahaha:

Hotel recommendation for NYC:

My friend and I stayed at the Hotel Newton (on Broadway in the upper west side) last trip and liked it very much, so we just booked a room on line. Twin beds with bathroom--$140 base, which comes to $164 with taxes added on. It's right by a subway stop and busline, so getting back and forth to downtown Manhattan was really simple--and it's right next to a cheap diner and a nice little Thai restaurant. It was very clean. The rooms were small, but nice bathroom. There are even cheaper rooms if you don't mind sharing a bath. The "insert link" button won't work for me but here is the address

http://www.thehotelnewton.com/

Kim

Congratulations aikim! I know how badly you wanted to do this. It's a gorgeous venue and it'll be a magical experience. First show, too! Where are you staying?

Staying at The Fairfield Inn..it was the most reasonably priced for packages. I've never been to a first show before; will be kind of nice to go in not knowing what to expect.

Kim

It's so lovely reading about everyone's plans for the Timeless tour! I'm only going to the show in Biloxi, probably, but oh how I wish it were more. Treenuts, I'm happy to see you're going to Reno -- good for you GF!! Haven't heard from you lately but wishing you the best and some prayers going up, too.

Anybody heard whether Clay & Ruben are going to swap off being headliner, as he and Kelly did?

Bonnie!!!!!!! Good to see you posting here again :thbighug-1: :thbighug-1: Stay around for awhile! k!

Thanks for the prayers, I can really use them right now. But more importantly (hee) I'm so glad you are going to get to see Clay live this summer. In the flesh :dancetom:

I think Clay & Rube are just going to co-headline this entire tour. That's how it's suppose to look anyway. From what I've read, Ruben said they would be sharing the stage throughout the show. So take it for what it's worth.

Here is a nice article by Mikayla's mom -

First Person: Mikayla's voice

By Kimberly Resh - New York Teacher - April 8, 2010

http://www.nysut.org/cps/rde/xchg/nysut/hs.xsl/newyorkteacher_14788.htm

Our Friend Mikayla, titled by the young authors who dedicated their work "to all disabled people and their friends," was published in late 2006 with the financial support of The National Inclusion Project, founded by Clay Aiken.

:GM_FCA:

51 Days until June 1st and The New CD!

:04:

71 Days until Clay Brings Broadway Home to NC! :yahoo:

103 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins! :09:

Clay addresses The Key Club Convention in July!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I haven't heard anything about the structure of the tour but nothing would really surprise me.

Aikim I'm so happy you get to go - and go in style!

I hope to see you there!

Kim

Tried and True on Amazon...click on the DVD...it says "Director, Clay Aiken"

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=clay+aiken+tried+true

Kim

Can't say as I'm surprised. I figured that no matter whose name was credited, Clay was running that show. He wasn't producing because that was, I suppose, International Media -- but it was Clay's show, and he had Ben directing the musicians, and Ruben and Quiana singing, and he put it on in his hometown, so Clay was directing EVERYTHING!

Which increases my anticipation beyond what I can tolerate without thinking about it pretty much obsessively.

I'm still perplexed by the track list printed on the LP not matching the 10 songs Amazon lists. Anyway, at least Suspicious Minds is on both. I had mused a couple of weeks or so back that I sure hoped SM was on the CD because it could be a killer single, and now that we know it's a track on the LP, I hope that's the case. I hope SM is the song he showcases on TV appearances to promote the album. I think Decca would be doing a disservice if they didn't release a single to download and promote it well in advance of LP release. Radio is so dead now. Besides, I want at least ONE song soon to BUY online and drool over and play a zillion times before June 1st!!!

Congrats to everyone who has gotten tickets so far, and for everyone who has tickets to get still, I hope the ticket gods are smiling upon you. I am beginning to get really excited for this tour. It looks like I will be going to all three of the Florida shows, at least I am going to try. I was able to get great seats for Jacksonville yesterday.

Tried and True on Amazon...click on the DVD...it says "Director, Clay Aiken"

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=clay+aiken+tried+true

Kim

I especially like the part "Director, Clay Aiken".