#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

cindi... I am at my dumb computer at work, but I need to ask you something about changing backgrounds on pictures and I can't seem to pm you. Can you pm me and I'll see if I can work it that way, please? Thanks. Liney

I can't wait to see the View at lunch time!!! He looks great in the screencaps!

cindi... I am at my dumb computer at work, but I need to ask you something about changing backgrounds on pictures and I can't seem to pm you. Can you pm me and I'll see if I can work it that way, please? Thanks. Liney

I can't wait to see the View at lunch time!!! He looks great in the screencaps!

I did pm you - but if that doesn't work you can email me.

Is WTVI a PBS station? If so, KEWL!!! Annnd, I googled to find out it's a PBS in Charlotte! Finally an NC station. YAY!

There is a one-day-only contest on OFC to win tickets to any Timeless Tour show. Doesn't say if they are great tix or not. I entered - I figure what the heck, if I should win I could always donate the tickets I bought to WWMAD or something.

Loved seeing Clay on The View. He is so funny and looked fabulous.

Also, I just called our Raleigh, etc. PBS station, WUNC-TV and talked to them about when Clay's special would be aired. I could tell by her immediate answer that she had said it many times. LOL

She said that it is a pledge show and their pledge shows would be in September. Clay's would probably run either the 1st or 2nd week in September and if it does well, they would repeat it. YIPPEEEE! She also told me to call back around the 3rd week in August to get the exact date.

I enjoyed Clay on the view especially the food segment. Looked like he wanted to say more but did not really want to interupt them. His voice at first did sound a little hoarse. Also I was not offended by his use of the word asshole. I know some people are stating they thought it was not necessary. He is a man not a boy and should be able to say things without always being bashed.

I've been waiting impatiently to received the autographed TnT booklets that were offered as a pre-order bonus from f.y.e., and they came today. (One is mine, and the other I have to pass off to laughn.)

Clickable

th_FYEsleeves.jpg

OMG He is so funny! The clip is priceless!

Oh O

From Twitter:

clayaiken

Win tickets to Clay & Ruben's Timeless Tour! But hurry...enter by tomorrow at 12pm PT. http://bit.ly/TimelessTix

Regarding the "asshole" comment. He served up a big laugh opportunity for Whoopi and she took it. The audience had a great response. Sheri told him "You're coming back!" Obviously they loved it. I think that's what they want a guest host to do ... make them look good. Also, I've watched this show more than a few times and I've seen guest hosts sit there like bumps on a log and never contribute one thing. Clay did very well today.

Also, I don't even consider "asshole" a cuss word. It's so everyday language here that there's nothing remarkable about it. Maybe it's because we have so many assholes in Texas it just comes up a lot.

Now, as to the tour tickets. I've entered another contest in vain.

I love the exit interview! It's just hilarious that his "cue card" and his mouth were black-boxed out when he said "asshole" again -- and was bleeped again too. That "asshole" was even on his cue card is quite rich to discover. I think there's no doubt that he played the game today and he'll definitely be back. Maybe after he said "asshole" on Joy's show it was decided for him to say it on The View too -- and that Whoopi would play off of it, which she did so well. It's not like comments on that show aren't bleeped on a fairly regular basis. But he is so cute saying, "Sorry ABC, Sorry America." Just so adorable.

Any chance of a cap of this. Video is 'blocked in my country'. Grrr!!!!!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v315/kaspesa/The%20View%20July%202010/?action=view&current=ClayAikenandBretMichaels-TheView.mp4

Try this, Cindi. Can't guarantee it.

ETA: Clay in rollers! The stage manager or whoever that was -- his comments were fantastic. "This is how secure you are with yourself. This is how cool this man is. ... You got cooler somehow."

Any chance of a cap of this. Video is 'blocked in my country'. Grrr!!!!!

http://smg.photobuck...els-TheView.mp4

Try this, Cindi. Can't guarantee it.

ETA: Clay in rollers! The stage manager or whoever that was -- his comments were fantastic. "This is how secure you are with yourself. This is how cool this man is. ... You got cooler somehow."

Thank you!! Worked just fine. He is so adorkable!!

Happy Birthday KIMIYE

:poze:

:ole0: :hb2: :cake::nanarow: :14:

Those two videos are so cute. I love Clay's sense of humor. He looks much better in rollers than I do. Who knew? :o

Funny thing about that picture sight it had roughly: Clay - 1100 photos, Ruben -100, Kim Locke- 60 Trenyce- 50 and Ryan Seacrest 42.

Finally had a chance to watch The View...I thought Clay did a pretty good job and even the ladies didn't annoy me as much. I will admit fast forwarding through Bret Michaels; sorry not a fan.

I think given the very nature of the show it would be difficult for any co-host to stand out or get a lot of "talk" time; but sometimes being a good listener is just as valuable as being a good talker. Clay is good at both. I think the times he did get to speak he came across very well and made some good points. I enjoyed the Hungry Girl Segment...Clay sipping the drinks was priceless!

As far as the "word"...well to me The View has always been an adult show and I think Clay excels at knowing his audience and when to use adult language and when not to. I think he can be an advocate for children via UNICEF and The National Inclusion Project and still have adult moments...actually it went by so fast I almost missed it and Whoopie's reaction was hysterical.

The Exit Interview and Hair Roller Clip were so much fun..I really do think they enjoy him on The View and I would not be surprised to see more appearances.

Kim

Ha ha! That curlers video is priceless. I just watched The View and Clay was great. I think at times he was a little frustrated not being able to get a word in, but the times they did allow him to speak he was articulate and got his point across. The asshole bleeped part was hilarious. I can't believe that there are still people who find that offensive. It was a joke! Cute exit interview too.

Just because I'm too lazy to be original I'm just going to copy my post from OFC :-O

Great appearance - he got in as much as any guest host does, and what he did get to say was well spoken. He is such a good listener - you can tell just by watching how he reacts to what others are saying. I thought his point about DADT was well made (the correlation to asking white people about segregation in the 50's - just because a lot of them were for it didn't make it right, nor should they necessarily be the ones making the decision).

You can tell the ladies like him - at least Whoopi, Joy and Sherri. Elizabeth - mehhhh.I really enjoyed Whoopi this time and I was pleasantly surprised by Bret Michaels. I think that's the first time I've ever actually heard him speak and thought he was quite charming. I loved the little aside to Clay about him not needing to make excuses. And I gotta say I agree - lots of kids are assholes, and without any help from their parents. *g* All in all a great show for him, and the exit interview was a hoot. I loved what the stage manager (?) said - he IS cooler than ever and comfortable in his skin. I *heart* him like crazy.