#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

Well, now I need to win a M&G for sure, because I just bought a pair of supercute wedges with heels so high I'd probably be able to look Ruben in the right in eye. :whistling-1: I don't normally feel the need to be 6' 4" in my heels, but sometimes you've just got to be a little frivolous, you know?

bottle... I LOVED that tomato you found for couchie's b'day!!! Great! And, congrats on the cool shoes. My sexiest pair of shoes are wedgies. Love 'em.

I think this whole promotion has been great. It just keeps a goin' on and that's great. The whole cd is very lush and when I pop it in after listening to the workshops I usually listen to, it is just so gorgeous! He done good!!!

:GM_FCA:

Happy Father's Day to all Dad's, Grand-Dad's and Dads-to-be and special thoughts and hugs to those who no longer have Dads with them.

1 Day until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

4 Days until Clay is on Popeater!:yahoo:

18 Days until Clay is Addressing The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

33 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to those celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I love that picture of Clay and Parker.

:dadrocks:Happy Fathers Day Clay! :wub:

My son sent us a Roku for Father's day and my birthday (which is not here yet). Sorry to say I'm trying to set it up today. It is a wireless video box which transforms a tv into a computer of sorts and allows one to download videos from Netflix, Amazon and a bunch of other sites. Since we have problems with our wireless network, I'm a little concerned before going into it. So keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a great day all. :yahoo:

My husband and the kids went to our local flea market this morning so I am here alone listening to Clay. I don't get many opportunities to play his CD's in the house so I am taking full advantage...this is my third listen! Also baked a chocolate cake as that is hubby's favorite.

Kim

I haven't done any Clay graphics in a long while, but I love this photo from the CD booklet so much I had to give it a shot.

(biggie size)

th_tnt_pose_1280x1024_large.jpg

(regular size)

(wide screen size)

Love that pic!

My husband and the kids went to our local flea market this morning so I am here alone listening to Clay. I don't get many opportunities to play his CD's in the house so I am taking full advantage...this is my third listen! Also baked a chocolate cake as that is hubby's favorite.

Kim

Me too I don't get to listen to Clay in the house, only with earphones!!! in the car they have no choice or they walk!!!

Recap of WTVD interview this am:

Clay and Lauren were on for the second half of the half-hour show.

First, Clay gave the background of each of the participants, what they are famous for and what they did at NC Theatre. He also said it was a fun opportunity for them to sing things they don't usually get the opportunity to sing. So the benefit is about awareness, having fun, and it's "just perfect."

Lauren pointed out that the NC Theatre company is the only local theatre that produces professional Broadway shows. They bring in talent in from Broadway as well as local talent. She talked about being directed by Terrence Mann and then later getting to star on Broadway with him - "full circle."

Someone had a list of the shows Clay did, which surprised him. He never had any big parts. In Shenandoah he died on stage, in Annie he was the apple seller, and in 1776 he was directed by Terry Mann. It was the first thing he ever did, he had one line, and after he delivered it the first time in rehearsal, Terry said, "stop acting," and he did, still doesn't act.

They showed footage from the recent GMA performance while he talked about TnT. He said two songs from the album will be done in the show on Monday night: MTK (from Threepenny Opera), and What Kind of Fool am I (from Stop the World). They'll be doing songs that people forget are part of Broadway. People assume Broadway is theatrical, not fun. Someone mentioned another song that he said will also be done Monday night, but I didn't catch it. She added that in the 50s and 60s, Broadway songs were the popular songs. They will not be doing Memories from Cats, she joked.

I think they may also tell some stories because she said she might tell a story about somethingoranother Monday night.

They mentioned "hot summer nights at the Kennedy," which I think they said was Progress Energy Center - I'm confused because I thought she had her own theatre around here somewhere.

Monica asked does living in (or having a home in) the area keep them grounded, and Clay said, "I'm not grounded at all." Then he added that NY also keeps people grounded, and is very different from the West coast. She said NY is more grounded and more humbling. He said your parents will (slaps hands together). She said she will take any excuse to come home and that her daughter and husband wish they could move here permanently but she still has things she wants to do in NY.

Monica asked how does parenthood affect their song choices? etc. Clay said Quiana's son loves to hear him sing and Parker loves to hear Quiana sing, but the reverse is not at all true. Lauren said perhaps they associate you singing with going away. Her daughter has caught the bug and it saves her babysitting money because she can hang around the theatre.

Final plug for the show. The end.

cindlu2, thanks so much for the new wallpaper! That is my favourite picture from the photo shoot. :wub:

jmh123, thank you for the detailed recap. Awesome!

My mom just left a few minutes ago, with a copy of Tried & True in her purse. She listened to it once while she was here, and said she likes the song selection because she knows all the words already. She said she will listen to it on her ride home again. clap.gif

cindlu2, thanks so much for the new wallpaper! That is my favourite picture from the photo shoot. :wub:

jmh123, thank you for the detailed recap. Awesome!

My mom just left a few minutes ago, with a copy of Tried & True in her purse. She listened to it once while she was here, and said she likes the song selection because she knows all the words already. She said she will listen to it on her ride home again. clap.gif

I've given a couple of cds as gifts and they just loved it!

I love crying, I love hearing him doing duets!But I love hearing and seeing him! :whistling-1:

:GA_FCA:

Welcome to North Carolina and all who are beginning to arrive for Monday's benefit concert! The heat index will be high for more reasons than one! :cryingwlaughter:

The Carolina blog pays tribute to Clay Aiken and fathers everywhere, those still with us and those who live in our hearts. Featured graphics are by cindilu2, Fountaindawg, Claystruck, AmazingCA, ClaysTouch, and Sally. These clickables by the first three artists are representative of the blog's pictorial content:

th_Cind11.jpg

th_FDquote1.jpg

th_ClaystruckSom1.jpg

Hope you enjoy today's blog. Thank you for your comments, props for the artists, visits, etc. Many have written that they don't know how to leave remarks, so I posted instructions after the sign-off. There seems to be no problem with the Clay Nation's right-click-save maneuver, however. :whistling-1:

I haven't done any Clay graphics in a long while, but I love this photo from the CD booklet so much I had to give it a shot.

(biggie size)

th_tnt_pose_1280x1024_large.jpg

(regular size)

(wide screen size)

Thank you for the handsome new wallpapers, cindilu2! Now that you are inspired, don't stop! :clap: :clap:

jmh123, I am scrolling back up to read your detailed recap. Saturday was not a good day for my ankle, and I just couldn't seem to keep up. Today is somewhat better.

Wishing the fathers of your life a very memorable day! :flirtysmile3:

Caro :listen:

Here are a few screencaps from Clay's appearance on WTVD that was taped on Wednesday and shown this morning. Sorry about the rainbow colors on his collar - the video had a bit of odd pixellation stuff in some of the frames.

WTVD1.jpg

WTVD2.jpg

WTVD3.jpg

WTVD5.jpg

WTVD6.jpg

WTVD8.jpg

cindilu, what a great graphic! I too love that picture from the booklet.

Yesterday was a bus tour of the major sites in DC. Today, we saw the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum. What an incredible and sobering place. After that, we attempted the Natural History Museum, but it was so crowded, and we were so tired, we eventually gave up, came back to our room, and ended up ordering a pizza!

I think I'll sleep good again tonight!

I have been on a bike trip for 5 days(rode 200 miles) so I have not been around to comment on songs. I just want to add that I love the duet on Crying!!

I have a friend who likes Clay's voice and did buy MCWL. When OMWH came out I bought her a copy because her Birthday was that week. I never got around to getting her a present this year so when TNT came out I decided to get it for her. When I got to her house she told me she saw him on GMA and thought he was great and felt this was the type of songs he sould be singing. Likes to listen to MB as a singer but can not stand to watch him and thinks Clay will fit this genre perfectly. I told her about PBS, so hopefully we will get it here.

Awwww, I just watched a couple of the Raleigh interviews for the Broadway show. Isn't it great to see him in Raleigh, being given respect, looking so comfortable, tieing things in with his album, talking a bit about fatherhood, and obviously enjoying himself? I just love to see it. I wish I could be there this week, I think this show is going to be amazing. Hope we get full clack!

:GM_FCA:

3 Days until "A Day in The Life of Clay Aiken" on Popeater!:yahoo:

17 Days until Clay is Addressing The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

32 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

cindilu, what a great graphic! I too love that picture from the booklet.Yesterday was a bus tour of the major sites in DC. Today, we saw the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum. What an incredible and sobering place. After that, we attempted the Natural History Museum, but it was so crowded, and we were so tired, we eventually gave up, came back to our room, and ended up ordering a pizza!I think I'll sleep good again tonight!

ldyj... I visited DC for the first time last December. I saw almost everything. What impressed me the most was the National Archives and the Indian Museum. It really hit me to see the Declaration of Independence etc. And, the Native American Museum is newish and amazing. Have fun and yes, the poor footies do get a workout. My legs were fine, it was my feet that died everyday! LOL

You are welcome!

From CC via CV:

The NY Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/22/business....html?src=busln

Disney Seeks to Turn Hit Cartoon Into Franchise

The songs have proven one of the most important elements of the series. Getting a song into a child’s head is often the key to immortality — think about the theme music for “The Flintstones.” For an coming episode, Mr. Marsh and Mr. Povenmire got Chaka Khan and Clay Aiken to record a duet.

When I heard that MR was going to be on the CD I was not thrilled. My concert buddy kept saying wait and give it a chance. She has always loved that song. So when I got the CD and heard it the firt time I was not really into it. Now after many listens I must say I am really warming up to it and like his version. When listening to it the other day on the Sinatra station I liked his version far more than Sinatra. So I guess I probably will love this when it is sang live.