#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

Via CV:

What Clay is going to sing tonight from the program! (Spoilered in case you want to be surprised.)

1. Home from the Wiz

2. Leavin' is the Only Way to Go (may have title wrong) from Big River - with Lauren and Terrance Mann

3. "Mack The Knife"

4. Last Night of the World from Miss Saigon with Qiana

5. What Kind of Fool Am I

6. In Whatever Time We Have with Lauren from Children of Eden

7. This is the Moment

8. Those Magic Changes? from Grease

9. Imagine - Everyone

Via GCA - laughn's friend called with more details from the program:

Quiana is going to sing, Don't Rain On My Parade, Somewhere, What About Love from The Color Purple with Lauren and And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going, and What I Did For Love.

Clay is opening the program with Home.

She's most excited for This is the Moment.

Via GCA - laughn's friend called with more details from the program:

Quiana is going to sing, Don't Rain On My Parade, Somewhere, What About Love from The Color Purple with Lauren and And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going, and What I Did For Love.

Clay is opening the program with Home.

She's most excited for This is the Moment.

Please, babyjesus, let there be Clack!

:praying:

There's some issue with CV's cellstream, so I've got nothing. If anyone's listening to CH's stream, please fill us in.

Dang, the same thing happened with the PBS cellstream. Wahhhhhhhhhh!!!! :cry:

Tweet 1:

meghanhope

I don't care what you think of Clay Aiken's sexuality, he can sing his face off in Showtunes!! Damn. He stood his own against Tony winners!

Tweet 2:

kickitykickball

Oh My God. I know I'm annoying with this stuff, but Clay Aiken was AMAZING!!!! Saw Bringing Broadway Home.

They have Clack of all of Clay and lots of other stuff too!

Tweet 3:

AlexEdmund

I wasn't a Clay Aiken fan until tonight. But, i heard him sing live, and he truly has #thevoice

OMG!!!!!

Clay is in the Bar in the Sheraton!

In shorts and button down striped shirt!

Taking pictures with people!

Irishbookgal is trying to get a pic with him! I can't hear too much. I'm in her pocket.

Sharon Lawrence is dragging him around.

Yup his cargo shorts!

She is trying to get a picture but she says he is moving so fast!

He is hugging people.

Well that was quick! He's gone.

No Jerome. Came in with Cheryl and some guy she didn't recognize. Everyone changed. Correction the shirt was the one he wore during the show.

Something like a recap but not really....

At the end, Lauren? said, this is the past, present, and future of the NC Theatre company. Quiana was clearly "the future" in that equation, and she got a lot of well-deserved props from everyone. They all clearly had a lot of respect for each other, and one reason for that is that Clay and Lauren admired Sharon and Terry when they were NC "stars" and then Clay admired Lauren when she was at Broughton and their show choir won nationals and she was doing local theatre. They went from admiring them when they were children to working with them as adults. The interweaving of their lives and careers in the stories they told was fascinating to me. And as someone who came from the same place, I watched it happen for Terry and for Sharon--Lauren was after my time--so I can really identify.

Lauren came out for her first number wearing a tiara, a boa, and a sash that said "Raleigh's own." Cracked me up. I had just been saying to people, you never hear anyone say "Raleigh's own Sharon Lawrence" or "Raleigh's own Lauren Kennedy." She must've noticed that at those interviews they were doing together that the news people always introduce him as "Raleigh's own." She and he seem to be especially good friends. I thought she was very funny, vivacious and talented.

Clay was "the star," IMO, and not just because most of the people there were there for him. Well Quiana out sang them all but Clay sang and was also more nuanced and just in amazing voice.

In his story about directing Clay in 1776, Terry said that voice (Clay's) was "the voice of God or something kindred to it"--I think those were his words, need to check the clack, cause I wanna know the exact words.

The sound system was not as good as the one they used for PBS. I've never heard a sound system as good as that one was.

Clay sang so many songs I hadn't heard him sang before. I want to watch them again over and over. If we didn't have clack I'm not sure I could stand it.

I haven't stopped grinning yet.

ETA: And yes, he was insanely gorgeous. He had so many different expressions, it was fascinating. Hope there's lots of clack. I love to look at him when he's looking at Quiana it makes his face amazing all that feeling he has for her.

Amazing. As someone said OMG#2. Wonderful show and they all showed varying talent and appreciated each others talent. CLay mentioned his voice teacher being there- Ms Lawrence? I am really appreciating Clay's voice more and more. He really rocked on that grease song. Another song was a little country sounding to me. Trust me I never cry but I felt a slight moistness around my eyes when Clay sang At this moment.

And I was at the reception but wouldn't you know that I left at 11:00 because I had a two hour ride home. I would have been too shy to go up to Clay anyway.

You'll all see more than I did when you get the clack.

:GM_FCA:

Sounds like a roaring success last night; loving the pictures of Clay..he looked great...my favorite hair ever...but I am sure by the time the tour starts he will have cut it and shaved.

Can't wait to watch the clack.

2 Days until A Day in The Life of Clay Aiken on Popeater!

:yahoo:

16 Days until Clay is addressing The Key Club Convention!

:yahoo:

31 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Now that my cats woke me up early again, a few thoughts. Sharon Lawrence said that she had Clay's cd in her car. She was really bopping along to the concert songs. In person she is one gorgeous woman. I did at least see her up close at the bar afterwards.

Lauren Kennedy does not look older than Clay is very playful. At the end of the show she leaped into Clay's arms as they were leaving the stage and he spun her around. She didn't look like she wanted to let go. She and Clay were chatting after each performance, but not on mic. At the bar she looked like a teenager, dressed like one and was running in and out of the room with a group of friends.

Terence is tall and quite good looking in person. At the bar he was surrounded by women and I don't believe I saw him move for the first half hour. I hope someone got the seduction song he sang, it was hysterical. He sang to all the women, shared Clay's chair and sang to him. Clay put his head on Terence's shoulder and fanned himself. Afterward he looked at Terence and patted his heart. Then Terence sang to the conducter and moved his arms up the conductor's legs to his thighs. Very funny man.

Quiana said after Clay's Grease song, "now that was sexy." She is, as we all know, an amazing singer but I get a little tired of her belting out all the songs. Since I've only ever heard her sing backup and a song or two before, it might have been this type show and the songs that were selected for her. As someone said Clay was definitely more nuanced and sang the songs as if he was acting a role, as did the others. Despite that, her voice should be acknowledged as a national treasure and respected along with the likes of Aretha Franklin, who has had an amazing career.

Watching this show made me wonder , whatever happened to our society that we don't cherish amazing voices and instead just want music to dance to and voices that need pro tools? When we lived in New York and then New Jersey we loved musical theatre and opera. Last night had music that was fun, emotional, thrilling.

This was such a fantastic night between the sharing of stories, the repartee between all the performers and the magic in the air as well as fantastic performances, I did not want the night to end. :flirtysmile3:

Watching this show made me wonder , whatever happened to our society that we don't cherish amazing voices and instead just want music to dance to and voices that need pro tools?

Fear, the pendulum swings, sometimes imperceptibly slow and other times with great force. I sense a big move coming, and I believe Clay Aiken is part of that force.

The only people I know who are into Top 40 music these days are 9 year olds. My four teenage grandchildren, between ages 14 and 18 - are into various types of music, none of them Top 40. My youngest granddaughter had a sleepover this weekend for her 10th birthday with 12 little girls ages 8 - 10 and they were singing the Top 40 stuff. Apparently that's the target age group now. Everybody older than that is on their ipods finding their own way. Lip-synced concert performances and auto-tuned recorded voices will be discredited eventually, because change is inevitable and the pendulum is always moving in one direction or the other. It can't go any further toward artificial crap, IMO. Oh there will always be an artificial crap niche, but Godspeed the day it doesn't dominate the groupthink in the recording industry.

How appropriate is today's song... Who's Sorry Now? Hmmm, I'd bet more than a few of the folks who teased and taunted that gawky kid.

Rawrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

post-496-127721558386_thumb.jpg

Excuse me now while I go wipe the drool off my keyboard.

How appropriate is today's song... Who's Sorry Now? Hmmm, I'd bet more than a few of the folks who teased and taunted that gawky kid.

Rawrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

post-496-127721558386_thumb.jpg

Excuse me now while I go wipe the drool off my keyboard.

So true! Watched the clack, had goosebumps, practically in tears! I'm going to be a mess at my first concert in August, make note to myself, don't forget tissues, lol!!! :cryingwlaughter: