#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

I was remiss earlier in not thanking you guys for your recaps of the show. I love all the details and comments about reactions and whatnot.

I just caught up. I'm so sorry I missed the excitement. And I was home too -- just forgot about it - was exhausted from job 1 and didn't even work job 2 last night. Kicks self. Off to watch clack!

OMG if you haven't downloaded and watched Mack The Knife, do it now. flirtysmile3.gif

Yes! He was grooving to the music as he got into it. I thought he would never end that last note. I've tried holding my breath as long as Clay holds a note and I can't do it.

:GM_FCA:

1 Day until A Day in Life of Clay Aiken on Popeater!:yahoo:

15 Days until Clay is Addressing The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

30 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

This is KILLING me -- I can't really download clack until I get home, so I'm sorta dying! However, the "sorta" is because toni posted 2 clips on her Facebook, including the Grease song. Wow. He's so cool. He looks so good too.

Thanks too for all the recaps. It sounds like it was a magical night for all involved.

Off for more sightseeing today. liney, I think we're going to miss the American Indian Museum (there's just not enough time), but we may end up at the National Archives today (it's close to the Newseum, which is where we are heading today).

If TM fans venture over here, just know we're tickled pink that you like clack. :flirtysmile3:

BTW, we're no longer at the top of the game. Last year's Idol winners had live streaming video for some concerts. I believe these were commercially sponsored rather than fan originated, but I can guess what inspired the idea. I remember the first cellcerts, which were just conference calls linked to one phone. And then one day Clay picked that particular phone to talk to during the Independent Tour. We went crazy. But innovation never stops. I hope CA fans never stop innovating either.

Due to the rather distracting and joyous other business going on yesterday, we're going to repeat the song of the day, which is

Who's Sorry Now

Pffffffffft. Anybody can pay for their stuff to be broadcast. :P The Clay fans are still the absolute best when it comes to sharing. I am in awe of and oh so grateful to those who give up a good part of the concert experience so that we can all share in it with them. (hee, jmh, that raspberry was for them, not you :))

I am the one who posted on the mann_power forum - and I didn't mention the rightclick/save thing because I believe that most of the LiveJournal people are pretty internet savvy. I don't think the numbers are huge anyway and I didn't want to put potential new fans off with my first comment. YMMV. It's just so neat to see how impressed/enthused they are about it.

Pffffffffft. Anybody can pay for their stuff to be broadcast. :P The Clay fans are still the absolute best when it comes to sharing. I am in awe of and oh so grateful to those who give up a good part of the concert experience so that we can all share in it with them. (hee, jmh, that raspberry was for them, not you :))

Hey, I totally agree, and thanks for giving me the opportunity to make sure that is crystal clear!!

Hey, I totally agree, and thanks for giving me the opportunity to make sure that is crystal clear!!

It was clear to me ;-) :bighug:

Another Billboard Article:

Idol Judge?

"I've always thought it would be a great addition to the panel to have someone who's a former contestant and knows what it's like to be up on that stage and be critiqued," Aiken tells Billboard.com. So is he raising his hand? "Well, I'm so far removed from it at this point that I don't know if I remember what it's like, but who knows. I would not put myself out there to be as caustic as (Cowell) is, but if they want to call me, bring it on. We can talk."

Great googly moogly!! We just had an earthquake in Southern Ontario. A small one (5.5) but holy crap!! Wasn't even sure what it was but am seeing it all over the web now.

Well that was easy! Gala ticket bought.

Yea! I'll see luckiest again this fall. I hope they are selling, I haven't been home until now so I haven't read anything about them.

This year is the third year we will have the same people sitting together and they are from both coasts and the center of the country. I saw a few of them at the BBH on Monday.Since I work, this is my major contribution to the NIP. But I won't be going to Chicago. :cry4:

ETA: And yea for seeing claylove and georgiesmybaby too!

I just have one thing to say.

I want you. I need you. I love you. Forever. And ever. And ever. And evermore.

help me

cindi... there is no help! You (and many of us) are doomed! I woke up at 2:30am and guess what I did... yup, watched BBH video. LOL

OMG if you haven't downloaded and watched Mack The Knife, do it now. flirtysmile3.gif

Yes! He was grooving to the music as he got into it. I thought he would never end that last note. I've tried holding my breath as long as Clay holds a note and I can't do it.

Fear... I hate to brag, but I can hold my breath as long as Clay on his llooonnnngggg notes. However, honesty forces me to admit that I have no breath left for the next note like Clay does, but I can do it.

I thought the best response was "They recorded it!!!!"

Amateurs!!!!!

merrieeee... BWAH! and, so true! Can you believe how far we've come from that first sideways clip of Invisible? Awesome!

liney23 wrote:

Amateurs!!!!!

merrieeee... BWAH! and, so true! Can you believe how far we've come from that first sideways clip of Invisible? Awesome!

We truly have become the masters of Clack gathering. I wonder if any others do it like we do?

Oh and congrats liney on getting in that other board*g*

:GE_FCA:

This ankle business is for the birds, as I can have a string of good days and then a run of the bad. The "bad" hit BBH, so I am a little late to the party with a new Carolina On My Mind blog.

Since I am late, I featured Fountaindawg's "This Was the Moment" montage and her two graphics of toni7babe's pictures. The Billboard story is there, too, as are links to clack.

I described my first full teaching day, the first time my ankle has been "de-elevated" for six hours straight. One of the coolest moments came when the fourth student's grandmother from WV sat in on the lesson. We discovered we are both CA fans. Since Google picked up the paragraph about her, I emailed a blog link to her son. She is not on the boards; and, according to him, is electronically challenged.

When my fourth student (Jay) arrived with his grandmother, I learned that she is from Morgantown, WV, and a Clay Aiken fan from way back. We talked briefly about the new "Tried & True" CD, the upcoming PBS Special, and a good friend, ...

Hope you enjoy! Thank you for your comments and visits. :flirtysmile3:

Great recap, justclay12! I have enjoyed catching up through the reports and the abundance of clack. :twinklewhore:

That is so cool about the Terrance Mann fans discovering CU. I just may have to add a link in this blog.

Have a great evening, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

I just have one thing to say.

I want you. I need you. I love you. Forever. And ever. And ever. And evermore.

help me

cindi... there is no help! You (and many of us) are doomed! I woke up at 2:30am and guess what I did... yup, watched BBH video. LOL

Fear... I hate to brag, but I can hold my breath as long as Clay on his llooonnnngggg notes. However, honesty forces me to admit that I have no breath left for the next note like Clay does, but I can do it.

Amateurs!!!!!

Must be my petite lungs. Too bad the rest of me isn't petite. :cry4: