#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

Alright! The View has brought it on!!!

Kim, I don't think those women are going to change the MO of the show for Clay. They've talked on top of each other every single time I've ever watched The View, which I why I don't watch regularly. And I wouldn't count on Clay putting his hand over anyone's mouth to get a word in! As far as I'm concerned, I'll be happy if he just sits there making his cute sexy faces. He can say more with a wicked side glance than most people can say in a monologue.

merrieeee, are we going to need an intervention team?

Oh I know that...just find it so annoying when they all talk at once and don't let the guest stars get a word in...don't find it enjoyable at all. But I think Clay will be able to hold his own and I bet he will get a few zingers in there.

Kim

Well I tore myself away from staring at the keyring long enough to book my flight to Jacksonville eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm going to see him again. Florida 3-fer here I come!

I still haven't checked my email, but my package came anyway!!!! I love it all, tho that keychain fob is HEAVY! My keys were heavy enough, but I'm not taking it off. I just may start wearing one of those braces men wear around their middle in order to carry my keys... LOL

I think we need some pretties...

popeater1024x768.jpg

sexy_tractor.jpg

PBS_SM7.jpg

I am taking a four-day weekend next weekend and cannot wait. Two days are never enough, dang it!

I'm at the "I want to go home" stage. It's been a great trip, and it's going to be hell going back to work, but I miss our bed and I miss our cats. I also miss fondling my package!

I think I was supposed to catch up on a few songs today.....Moon River, which I find I am coming to appreciate more each time I listen to it (and I liked it to begin with), Who's Sorry Now which was one of the WTF moments of the Raleigh concert for me ( as in WTF is this???? but I don't mind it on the CD) and Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, which for some reason puts me in mind of his recording of If You Don't Know Me By Now. Now this one I don't have enough superlatives for! Seriously, from the low "do" to the "uh" sound he makes, just kill me....I would be so thrilled if he sang this live this summer!

My catch up for the bonus songs.

Who's Sorry Now is my favorite of the three for Clay's voice and interpretation. But, although i loved the music, I thought it was a little overpowering and didn't really showcase clay's voice.

Breaking Up is Hard to Do- A little different interpretation but not my favorite song on the album. But if Clay sings it on tour, I reserve the right to change my mind.

You Don't Have to Say You Love Me is definitely the most complex arrangement with several layers of sound. I really like Clay's version.

:GM_FCA:

10 Days until Clay is Addressing The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

15 Days until Clay is Co-Hosting The View!:yahoo:

25 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

You Don't Have To Say You Love Me is the only song that is not on the deluxe version that I have on constantly in my car, so I don't get to hear it as often. I went for a walk so I could give it a good listen, and I love it, I really love it. I need to burn a CD so that I have all the songs on one CD.

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina blog features LCV's 'Home' montage, news about Clay's guest co-hosting gig, new and old graphics from last week (Fountaindawg, AmazingCA, cindilu2), Phineas and Ferb promo, the Diana Levine blog and art, and the latest enlistment in Kai's "Family Feud" fun on FB. Would you believe Scarlett from halfway around the world? :whistling-1:

Thank you for your comments, visits, retweets, FB re-posts, etc.

Caro... condolences for Josie's passing.

I loved your blog. I cannot post a comment because I cannot for the life of me remember my id or password. Everything I usually use doesn't work. I tried the "forgot your password" button, so we'll see what happens next.

Thank you, liney23. Several people comment as Anonymous but add their screen name at the bottom of the post. No password necessary. :clay:

Have a wonderful week, all! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina blog features LCV's 'Home' montage, news about Clay's guest co-hosting gig, new and old graphics from last week (Fountaindawg, AmazingCA, cindilu2), Phineas and Ferb promo, the Diana Levine blog and art, and the latest enlistment in Kai's "Family Feud" fun on FB. Would you believe Scarlett from halfway around the world? :whistling-1:

Thank you for your comments, visits, retweets, FB re-posts, etc.

Caro... condolences for Josie's passing.

I loved your blog. I cannot post a comment because I cannot for the life of me remember my id or password. Everything I usually use doesn't work. I tried the "forgot your password" button, so we'll see what happens next.

Thank you, liney23. Several people comment as Anonymous but add their screen name at the bottom of the post. No password necessary. :clay:

Have a wonderful week, all! :snoopy:

Caro... I just left a comment as anonymus, so if it works, I thank you for the tip!

I only have You Don't Have To Say You Love Me on my itunes, so very seldom listen to it. From what I remember, I liked it, but what the heck of his don't I like???? Nuttin'

Caro... I just left a comment as anonymus, so if it works, I thank you for the tip!

I only have You Don't Have To Say You Love Me on my itunes, so very seldom listen to it. From what I remember, I liked it, but what the heck of his don't I like???? Nuttin'

Ditto on the last thought -- what the heck of Clay's don't I like??? :flirtysmile3:

Glad "Anonymous" worked for you, liney23. Thnx for the comment! :whistling-1:

I have been waging battle with the OFC. For once, I have time (no students) and nowhere to "run" (LOL!); so I waded through all the Carolina codes to adjust them for the OFC, which would only take a 1/3 of the blog. I tried three times, finally gave up, and provided a link to the Carolina site.

It's been fun being in touch with Scarlett halfway around the world. She is Kai's new "Feud" buddy, so that should be something. :cryingwlaughter:

Have a great day, all!

I guess I should post something about my current song choice. Or do I have the premise wrong? Heh, oh well here goes...

Currently I'm hooked on "It's Only Make Believe" and "Crying".

IOMB, because of the way he handles (takes a moment) this arrangement is totally fun and sexy to me. It's one of the few songs I find myself getting into full out when listening in the car. Crying, because his vocals on this are both heartbreaking and gaw-geous!!! I hear the actual cry in his voice that I have missed of late and I honestly find myself crying when I listen. These are my two most repeated songs right now. I also have been missing his chest voice or his deeper vocals (not sure what to call it) and I think some of my choices will reflect that going forward as well. While I really appreciate and often like "Tenor Clay", it just doesn't have the same effect on me IYKWIMAITYD.

Next week will probably be different......

Maybe :clay:

caro, my condolences! :hug:

Good morning! The Song of the Day today is

You Don't Have to Say You Love Me

That's one of my favourite songs!

My absolute favorite followed by "It's Only Make Believe."

Hubby heard YDHTSYLM the other day and said the arrangement was great!

When I first heard "Suspicious Minds" I thought it lacked a little punch. But after playing it 4 times in a row at full volume in my car today, I think it is fantastic. Love the ending.

:GM_FCA:

9 Days until Clay is Addressing The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

14 Days until Clay is Co-Hosting The View!:yahoo:

24 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins! :09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Looks like there will be live streaming at the Key Club Convention...Clay will be at the Recognition Session:

each day’s session streaming live at www.livestream.com/keyclub. All times are CDT.

Opening Session

Thursday, July 8

7–9 p.m. (CDT)

Recognition Session

Friday, July 9

6:30–9 p.m. (CDT)

Farewell Session

Saturday, July 10

7–9 p.m. (CDT)

Can some musically inclined person tell me what the instrument is we hear at the beginning of These Magic Changes? I hear it on a couple other songs as well and it's driving me insane. Short trip, I know *g* I

A few things bothered me about that review:

... delighted his legion of local fans

None but local fans were delighted?

Parler is a superlative African-American actress and singer

No one else was identified by race. What's that all about?

... even if Clay Aiken was the evening’s most flamboyant showman

I watched the clack and I didn't see "flamboyant showman" at all. I saw and heard world-class singer. Has this reviewer confused Clay with another AI runner-up?