#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

- from People's celebrity baby blog for june 29: http://celebritybabies.people.com/2010/06/...by-his-singing/

Clay Aiken: Son Is Not Impressed By His Singing

As the season two runner-up on American Idol, Clay Aiken has no qualms about singing in front of thousands of screaming fans. However, serenading 22-month-old Parker, his son with Jaymes Foster, is a different story.

“For some reason, I’m nervous to sing for him,” the singer, 31, tells Pop Eater.

“My son doesn’t like to listen to me sing, but he enjoys listening to other people sing.”

No hard feelings, jokes Aiken, who admits the lack of enthusiasm from Parker is a sentiment shared by most children.

“Maybe kids just don’t like to hear their parents, ever,” he says. “When they’re teenagers they don’t want to hear them. When they’re babies they don’t want to hear ‘em sing. Maybe it’s just a genetic thing.”

Embracing Parker’s minimal interest in music, Aiken is hopeful his son will always steer clear of the industry.

“I obviously will encourage him in whatever he wants to, whatever he’s passionate about, but I’m just gonna hope it’s not this,” Aiken explains.

– Anya Leon

Man, does anybody watch SYTYCD? Alex is freakin' amazing and just danced my favorite dance in 7 seasons. The only time since AI2 and Clay that I wished I could vote for a reality show.

Thanks kf!

Never watched SYTYCD! Watched Top Chef. I'm stuck on cooking shows.

It's difficult to believe that the first concert is a little more than three weeks from now. I wonder if Clay and Ruben have decided what to sing. :onFire::yow::yess:

I watch SYTYCD. Love that show and this year has some amazing talent on it. But I usually wait until the day after to watch it with my daughter. Most of the time she stays up in her bedroom and watches her tv so I like the shows we can watch together and I can actually see her for more than 30 seconds as she is passing through.

Hello everyone, found out last night that the fan who was going to have me room with her in Chicago couldn't change her reservation as it was made online not changeable to double. So I'm asking if anyone would have room for me to share please pm me. There is also a possibility of another fan who is deciding this week if she is buying a ticket from another fan and I might be able to get a room with her.

I'm glad to say that the fan who wasn't able to change her reservation, called back again then she was could upgrade to 2 beds but will be charged the extra. That was real nice of her to make that 2nd call.

:GM_FCA:

7 Days until Clay is Addressing The Key Club Convention!

:yahoo:

12 Days until Clay is Co-Hosting The View!

22 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Happy Canada Day to my Canadian friends!

And happy belated birthday to Fear. If you'd have added it to your profile, we would have noticed it around here....hint, hint.

Back to work today. Sigh.

Yes liney it was. They gave me a little party at work today, the few that were not on vacation. I know what you mean about listening to the BBH songs. I listen over and over too. But I'm starting to miss TnT. :lilredani:

Happy Birthday yesterday, Fear... :bdayparty2::bdayparty2:

Man, does anybody watch SYTYCD? Alex is freakin' amazing and just danced my favorite dance in 7 seasons. The only time since AI2 and Clay that I wished I could vote for a reality show.

cindi... I watched Alex's dance 3 times before I could turn it off. WOW!!! He was freakin' fantastic! He hasn't been my favorite, but I voted for him a couple of times just cause he did so well. For those of you who don't watch... Alex is an excellent ballet dancer who had to do Hip Hop this week... could have been a disaster. I swear I thought he did better than Twitch, who is the professional.

My linkSYTYCD - Alex

:GE_FCA:

What a relief! I spent much of today figuring out how to shop with the online express of a Harris Teeter Store. At least two stores have this service available in my city, one in my neighborhood. I was dreading walking through the grocery store on my ankle.

Now, all I have to do is drive up in the express lane, give the person my name and order number, pay, and the bags will be put in my car. Of course, I had to call my friendly yard man to see if he could meet me at the house to carry in the groceries. We are on for 11:30 a.m. tomorrow. :whistling-1:

In the midst of my grocery shopping ("grocery searching" is more appropriate), I taught two students. The first came 40 minutes early, and I fully expected to be logged out of my online grocery venture when I returned; but all seemed to be intact.

A belated Happy Canada Day, compliments with this clickable by AmazingCA:

th_Canada_ACA.jpg

Tonight I've been trying to catch up. Thnx for bringing all the news here. Have a great evening, all. Hope to be around more tomorrow -- except during the infamous run through the express line! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Well crap I'm 12 minutes late. I wanted to wish all Canadians Happy Canada Day. I work with a girl from Canada and she's so funny and warm. We were all fellow Canadians today.

Alex Wong! I've watched that freakin' video too many times to count. What's funny is that I think it becomes even greater because expectations were so low. It's like the Clay Aiken/Susan Boyle effect. While Alex is a great Ballet dancer you just dont' expect him to be able to do hip hop and pull it off. It reminded me of watching the season 2 idol auditions where Clay was jammed in between those joke auditions and I just assumed he would be another one.

I have a 3 day weekend and I will look into a Reno gathering. Less than a month!!

:GM_FCA:

6 Days until Clay is Addressing The Key Club Convention!

11 Days until Clay is Co-Hosting The View!

21 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I'm behind on a lot of things for this board and FCA proper. I'd do some of it now, but I'm also fighting a raging headache. Anyway, if anyone is interested, according to Twitter, Clay is in NYC, and is probably at the public TV station there, WNET. I can pull the tweets if you want. There's also been some links to auctions for M&G's as well. I'll try to get to those later too. Oh, and the OFC sent out some tweets thanking people for entering the M&G's for the fan club, and that the winners would be notified by PM on the OFC board if they have won.

In the meantime, I'm going to throw a question out for discussion. If you were talking to a person who knew very little about Clay and you were trying to explain his sense of humor -- what clip would you show them? I'm not talking about the voice here, I'm more interested in what people would associate with what I call his "charm" factor.

They took the SYTYCD video of Alex and Twitch down from YouTube... dang it! Why would they care? The show is over and it might bring in more people to watch... oh, well.

ldyj... so many from the '07 Xmas tour are very funny. I love his comedy when he was stuck on the stool (Long Island) and talked to the lady whose family was spread out and he ended up saying, "Clay Aiken - bringing families together." I love the ones where he warns others of the fans who will have your address, telephone number, etc. In the SRHP tour, I think West Palm Beach and Pala are the funniest. Have fun figuring out which ones you want... it's hard work, but someone has to do it! LOL

ldyj, I still default to the Best of Banter from 2006 that Chardonnay put together.

My favs are the Red Bank (pure gaaah mixed with the funny), West Point, Merrillville ("Count for me, honey"), Verona ("Everybody, look at his crotch!"),Grand Rapids (featuring the lovely Elmer!) and.....well you get the idea. I love them ALL :wub:

They took the SYTYCD video of Alex and Twitch down from YouTube... dang it! Why would they care? The show is over and it might bring in more people to watch... oh, well.

liney, keeping stuff like SYTYCD off YouTube is like playing whack-a-mole. If they remove one, there will be another one to replace it. :)

Just thinking about a couple of ATDW-era late night appearances makes me laugh.

The Tonight Show complete with the Gray Suit of Gah and the whole passed out in a McDonald's / I thought I was gonna dieh / twistie tie conversation.

thetonightshow20060915-04.jpg

Kimmel with "THEY WILL BE LOCKED!" and "I shaved my leg for you."

KimmelTat.jpg

Clay's CTMEEOY has been added to the Universal New Music playlist on MySpace - and he needs some hits!

http://www.myspace.com/universalmusic/music/playlists/new-music-1197250

I'd be hard pressed to pinpoint an example of Clay's humor. It's too vast. He's so witty and so much of it is responsive to the situation. My daughter loves the stuff from the Jukebox Tour with the husbands who were "dragged" to the show, the "Iron Maiden" guy, the newlywed dude seeing three shows on his honeymoon, etc. Okay, forced to pick, and off the top of my head -- I loved Elmer in Grand Rapids, Terry in New Hampshire, "can't stop rubbing feet" from 2004 JN, the sleeping husband in West Palm Beach, and I agree that Chardonnay's montages of Christmas 2006 banter are most excellent.

:GE_FCA:

Remembering great banter is a kewl way to start the weekend. Love all the examples presented. :cryingwlaughter:

It's been since Monday, but a new Carolina On My Mind blog is up. Not much you don't already know, but I hope you enjoy. Here are the Cliffs Notes:

Countdown clocks close in on Timeless Tour of Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard as fans celebrate July's patriotic traditions in Canada and the USA. Also featured are SueReu's latest "Magic Changes" montage; graphics by AmazingCA, CLAYPERFECT, and Fountaindawg; links to confirmed PBS Special telecasts; and my maiden voyage with the ankle-saving express lane shopping feature at Harris Teeter. It's been around for four years, but who knew? :flirtysmile3:

Thank you for your visits, comments, tweets/retweets (mine all end up in the "All Friends" column no matter what I do, so retweets are appreciated!), etc. :whistling-1:

Have an awesome weekend, all! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

liney, keeping stuff like SYTYCD off YouTube is like playing whack-a-mole. If they remove one, there will be another one to replace it. :)

00lsee... thanks so much for finding Alex and Twitch again for me!!!!!!! I absolutely love it. I told my DD last night that it was like being a part of a true happening Wed. night. Has happened with Clay but not very often outside of that.

Clay's CTMEEOY has been added to the Universal New Music playlist on MySpace - and he needs some hits!

http://www.myspace.com/universalmusic/music/playlists/new-music-1197250

I'd be hard pressed to pinpoint an example of Clay's humor. It's too vast. He's so witty and so much of it is responsive to the situation. My daughter loves the stuff from the Jukebox Tour with the husbands who were "dragged" to the show, the "Iron Maiden" guy, the newlywed dude seeing three shows on his honeymoon, etc. Okay, forced to pick, and off the top of my head -- I loved Elmer in Grand Rapids, Terry in New Hampshire, "can't stop rubbing feet" from 2004 JN, the sleeping husband in West Palm Beach, and I agree that Chardonnay's montages of Christmas 2006 banter are most excellent.

keeping... am playing it now. Thanks! You should take it to CH. Would help the hit counter.

bottle... I LOVED those tv appearances. I think I'll go watch them again! Thanks!