#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

IndepDay1a.gifHappy Independence Day! IndepDay1a.gif

FD_IndDay1a.jpg

Independence Day 2010 - Graphic by Fountaindawg

To celebrate, I added Fountaindawg's wallpaper and clickable to Carolina On My Mind.

Because of the Indonesian segment RE T&T being the "album of the day," the blog received a very excited comment from a Jakarta resident:

Hi Caro, tks for the blog. Hope your ankle getting much better.

Just to let you know, I almost fainted when I opened my favorite website 'clayaikentheidealidol' the source of all Clay news. It stated about T&T review from a website in Indonesia. I was jumping up & down reading it. Directly went there & had a long comment on it + put all youtube link for people to see Clay performed in The View & GMA. Hoping, if T&T sales really good then may be Decca can bring Clay to Indonesia or Singapore for a live concert :) Hoping...hoping & hoping... + cross my fingers :)

Happy Canada Day & 4th of July everybody :)

I hope it happens for Clay and his international fans. :flirtysmile3:

My MIL, 87, passed away Friday afternoon; and one of my former orchestra students drowned during a family vacation at Ocean Isle. Carter was only 27, and it's been 10 years since I was his teacher. However, once you teach young people in middle and high school, they are yours for life.

Have a great day, all! 4th1a.gif

Caro :listen:

happy_fourth_of_july-6817.gif

bottle... I stole this great graphic and I can't say I'm sorry cause it's really neat!!! Thanks and Happy Fourth everyone!!!!!!!!

cindi... your screensaver is gorgeous! I love the blurred city in the background and the Reed in the corner and both pics of Clay are some of my faves! What a keeper that one is!

I used to suffer from vertigo every time my sinuses had a problem. My chiropractor finally put me on something called Histoplex to clear the sinuses and I haven't had vertigo in months now. Good riddance and thank goodness. It wasn't fun!

I loved Karate Kid and want to see it again so I can really absorb that gorgeous scenary. So, I bought something that had a coupon for a free ticket to see KK... great, right??? Except that you have to register the code online and print out the free ticket. Except that I have no printer right now. Mine quit and they are sending a replacement that shipped last Wed. I can either sneak into work and use my computer/printer there or just wait till another weekend. Isn't life full of tough decisions??? LOL

eta: Caro... I am very sorry for both your losses!

Sitting here relaxing after riding my bike 40 miles this am. It got almost 90 by the end so I was glad we finally got home and in the airconditioning.

I have rewatched the Capital 4th video many times. I love how he looked that day.

Caro I am so sorry for your loss.

keepingfaith, so what's your excuse the rest of the time? LOL

If your doctor says it's okay, you might get some relief from Bonine or Dramamine...I've had vertigo before and it ain't fun. Get up from chairs slowly and take your time on stairs, honey. Feel better soon. :)

Excuse. I don't need no stinking excuse, but I just happen to have one stuck inside my right ear this time .... Thank goodness I don't have a stairs issue. I'm doing minimum moving around today. This is my one and only experience with vertigo. I hope to God it's the last.

I watched the entire John Adams miniseries this morning and afternoon -- that's my 4th of July celebration. I hope Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney got ample recognition for playing John and Abigail Adams. Both were amazing. And I bawled and squawled at the end when reminded that the last surviving signers of the Declaration of Independence, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, both died on July 4, 1826, the 50th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. John Adams last words were either "Thomas Jefferson still lives" or "Thomas Jefferson survives" (there was a dispute as to the actual words). But he was wrong either way as he did not know that Jefferson had died just a few hours earlier.

And ... this is the Third Anniversary of the First Time I Saw Clay. What a day that was!

Caro, my condolences for both your losses.

(jb4clay @ Jul 4 2010, 04:52 PM) *

I found this on iITunes this morning under Podcasts.

I have not heard it. It is from Smiley Morning Show - Z99.5 WZPL Indianapolis, IN.

It was released for Podcasts iTunes 6-7-10.

Smiley Morning Show

I downloaded it and remember listening to it on the day the interview took place...it was during that time when Clay was doing all the radio interviews...it is probably in the vaults already.

I download all of Clay's interviews and I do not know how I missed this Clack but miss it I did. I certainly would have remembered the poopy dog discussion and the Hellman's mayo.

When Clay first got Raleigh, he needed something to love and I think it speaks to how happy he is that he no longer needs his dogs with him all the time.

Via getclayaiken:

Rhode Island Fan at CV just posted:

TV Alert for Tomorrow!!!!

Just got an email from a friend. She noticed in her guide that Clay is going to be on tomorrow morning, July 5. It's a show called "Better" and is on Fox at 9-10 am eastern time. It also says Jaden Pinkett Smith is on. Wonder if Clay will sing?

I turned on my tv and looked at the grid guide and there is was!! How did we miss this!!!!!

I apologize if this was already posted or if it's a mistake. Hard to believe that it hasn't been mentioned. Maybe others could check their tv grid guides to verify. Has anyone ever even heard of a show called "Better"?

It airs in my area at noon. Here's their website and you can check out your state and airing times on the left. I just can't seem to find a schedule anywhere. It's not showing everywhere.

http://www.better.tv/

Not on in my area. Just have to wait for clack, I guess.

Looks like the only part of the state it is shown is Champaign..guess I need to call my in-laws and tell them to watch and give us a report...especially hair and clothes, LOL!

ETA: According to the website you can watch it online!

Kim

From cclovesclay at CV:

I don't know if this is what will be shown on Better tomorrow or this week, but if you go to their website, www.BetterTV.com, when the page comes up, a video starts playing about Jada Pinkett Smith. To the right of the video is a box with other videos that says New Today. If you move the scroll bar on the right side of the box to the bottom, there is a Clay Aiken video. It is 2 minutes, 20 seconds long.

It looks like it was taped during the satellite tour from right after TnT's drop last month.

:GM_FCA:

3 Days until Clay is Addressing The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

8 Days until Clay is Co-Hosting The View:yahoo:

18 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins! :09:

"waves to Fear"

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

CH has a comprehensive list of all the PBS stations and when they are scheduled to air the Tried & True special. I have just discovered that my satellite package includes two PBS stations...Boston, MA and Seattle, WA. Strange but true! So wheeeeee for August 1st in Seattle! :) :) :)

Thanks for the list! so far the 2 stations I get with my cable don't plan on having the T&T special on. (Plattsburg NY and Burlington Vt)

Saw your pics from the pride parade Sunday, quite a parade it seems, glad you had fun!

CH has a comprehensive list of all the PBS stations and when they are scheduled to air the Tried & True special. I have just discovered that my satellite package includes two PBS stations...Boston, MA and Seattle, WA. Strange but true! So wheeeeee for August 1st in Seattle! :) :) :)

Thanks for the list! so far the 2 stations I get with my cable don't plan on having the T&T special on. (Plattsburg NY and Burlington Vt)

Saw your pics from the pride parade Sunday, quite a parade it seems, glad you had fun!

luckiest1 I think I get two or three different ones than you. Are you able to cap these two things, just in case there are pledge comments, I can come over and grab from you, if you don't mind.

I have no capping abilities but you are more than welcome to come over and use whatever technology you want! LOL

Do you have a DVR? If you have one then just record those two stations for the PBS shows and I will drop over and grab the chat part, not a problem.

2 Days until Clay is Addressing The Key Club Convention!

:yahoo:

7 Days until Clay is Co-Hosting The View!

:yahoo:

17 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Is today the day that they announce the winners at the OFC for the M&Gs? I hope so! These are the best odds we've ever had!

The twitter announcements for the M&G completions didn't have a date associated with this. Unless there's something on the message boards over there....

Sorry, the DVR died. I have no taping abilities right now. But I have a few weeks, maybe by then I'll have one. I'm open to a TNT party though! cryingwlaughter.gif

OH no poor DVR. TnT Party would be great but I'm not here for one of the showings, it's August 10th and I'm in NYC. :(

Is today the day that they announce the winners at the OFC for the M&Gs? I hope so! These are the best odds we've ever had!

The twitter announcements for the M&G completions didn't have a date associated with this. Unless there's something on the message boards over there....

I think the contest rules say the winners will be notified on or about July 7th.

The new Carolina On My Mind blog features Clay's Better TV promo for the Tried & True CD and the Timeless Tour. The photo interlude includes graphics by AmazingCA, SueReu, and Fountaindawg.

My mother-in-law, who will be laid to rest Wednesday, was the epitome of the NJU fan. One of her favorite happenings in the Clay Nation occurred in 2007 when the Japanese contingent met Spotlightlover in San Diego. That story is retold in this entry.

Hope you enjoy. Thank you for your visits, comments, retweets, Facebook re-posts, etc. :flirtysmile3:

I was excited to note that CTMEOoY spins passed the 10,000 mark on the Universal New Music Playlist Sunday night. :yahoo:

I have three students today, so must make the living room presentable. Back in a bit. Have a great day, all! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

I think the contest rules say the winners will be notified on or about July 7th.

I'd forgotten that...thanks for the reminder.

*email refresh*

My condolences to you Caro....

Sorry to interrupt, but I did want to bring this over here as well, from Aron Hall at the National Inclusion Project:

Many of you are aware that we are involved in the Facebook giving challenge done by Chase Community Giving. Over the weekend, some others had a surge in voting and we have fallen out of the top 200 and $20,000. (That’s 2 camps!)

We need your help, please. Pass this on, put on message boards, blogs, etc. If you have another charity you are voting for in the challenge, see if there’s a mutual voting relationship you can use. Creative, desperate, enthusiastic…whatever you have to be, it’s worth it. J

Here’s the process:

1. Click: Chase Community Giving

2. Make sure that you’ve hit “Like” at the top of the page for Chase.

3. Click the button to Vote.

4. Then click the button to Share on your Facebook wall.

You guys are the best! Let’s make this happen for a ton of worthy kids!

A BIG component of this is to SHARE with your friends and family that are also on Facebook!

Please vote!....and thanks!! :thbighug-1:

Sorry, the DVR died. I have no taping abilities right now. But I have a few weeks, maybe by then I'll have one. I'm open to a TNT party though! cryingwlaughter.gif

OH no poor DVR. TnT Party would be great but I'm not here for one of the showings, it's August 10th and I'm in NYC. sad.gif

I meant August 1st at my house! Who's in?