#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

Posted at CB - Radio contest for the Ashville "Timeless Tour":

There is a NEW contest listed today at this station. They had a contest over the week-end which closed this morning. Now, they have another.

We all know who won American Idol but who has finished second? It is not a bad thing to finish second. . .just ask Clay Aiken! In fact, you can ask him in person if you win “Biltmore Tests Your Idol IQ” where one lucky listener can win a Biltmore Prize Pack which includes reserved concert seating to see Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard on Friday, July 23rd at the Biltmore Estate! Just name the last five second place winners of American Idol for your chance to win this great prize!

http://kcoolrewards.k1047.com/asp3/ContestDetail.aspx?AID=100522

I don't think I could name two let alone five :imgtongue:

Sorry to interrupt, but I did want to bring this over here as well, from Aron Hall at the National Inclusion Project:

Many of you are aware that we are involved in the Facebook giving challenge done by Chase Community Giving. Over the weekend, some others had a surge in voting and we have fallen out of the top 200 and $20,000. (That’s 2 camps!)

We need your help, please. Pass this on, put on message boards, blogs, etc. If you have another charity you are voting for in the challenge, see if there’s a mutual voting relationship you can use. Creative, desperate, enthusiastic…whatever you have to be, it’s worth it. J

Here’s the process:

1. Click: Chase Community Giving

2. Make sure that you’ve hit “Like” at the top of the page for Chase.

3. Click the button to Vote.

4. Then click the button to Share on your Facebook wall.

You guys are the best! Let’s make this happen for a ton of worthy kids!

A BIG component of this is to SHARE with your friends and family that are also on Facebook!

Please vote!....and thanks!! :thbighug-1:

I voted awhile back and posted to my wall but thought we could vote up to 20 times and can't seem to cast another vote :(

Did I misunderstand that??

I voted awhile back and posted to my wall but thought we could vote up to 20 times and can't seem to cast another vote sad.gif

Did I misunderstand that??

I believe you can vote for NIP plus up to twenty other charities.

I'm here! Blazing hot outside; just had some rain but all it did was make it hotter and more humid. Need a downpour so everything gets really watered.

Kim

From the ConClayve:

This is a commercial for Phineas & Ferb's 1 hour primetime special "Summer Belongs to You". No mention of Clay or Chaka or a premiere date; did you know that this is the series' first 1-hour show? Phineas & Ferb's "Christmas Vacation" was only 45 minutes in length.

eta Found the dates :-)

Phineas & Ferb "Summer Belongs to You"

Disney Channel US premiere: Friday, August 6

Disney XD premiere: Monday, August 2

8:00pm ET/ 7:00pm CT

Sorry, the DVR died. I have no taping abilities right now. But I have a few weeks, maybe by then I'll have one. I'm open to a TNT party though! cryingwlaughter.gif

OH no poor DVR. TnT Party would be great but I'm not here for one of the showings, it's August 10th and I'm in NYC. sad.gif

I meant August 1st at my house! Who's in?

Aww I wish I could. I'm on my way back from Reno. Darn.

Hi FCA :hello:

I am finally back in the land of the internet-connected.

In the last four weeks I have sold my house, rented another one at very short notice,

moved 18 yrs worth of possessions, gone through my work audit, gone for two weeks holiday (arranged well before we knew it would be so crazy) and dealt with rock bottom service of utility companies, internet service providers etc and top-notch service of estate agents & moving company. Whew! I still feel a bit unsettled and not calm but I am slowly unwinding. Each day I try to go to bed with the house looking a bit better than when I woke up and be satisfied with that. The kids still have until next Tuesday off school so I am not working and looking forward to going back through the threads and relaxing with some Clayful fun!

Donna xx

Wow ausdon, I'm tired just reading what you've been doing.

Before the boards explode with tour news and clack, I've been trying to get rid of stuff. Went through my son's LP collection and organized it a little better. I've got two dealers I'm calling tomorrow. If they don't want the collection it's off to Goodwill with it. Looking through those old albums is liking reading the history of rocknroll.

Still no Clay on NC PBS. Grrr! I really hope there is a reason for this.

:smack:

:GM_FCA:

Don't forget...M&G notifications go out today...check your PM's at the OFC!

1 Day until Clay is Addressing The Key Club Convention!

:yahoo:

6 Days until Clay is Co-Hosting The View!

:yahoo:

16 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hmmmm...I was skimming the NYT and noticed that Ringo Starr is turning 70 today, and said to myself, "Damn." Hell, he's only three years younger than my mother.

I have to admire the man for his longevity...and look forward to celebrating Clay's 70th...we won't mention how old I'll be telling people I am.

Hi gang, I've been away for about 2 weeks, and that's Too. Damn. Long.

(Treenuts, feel free to jump in there GF lol)

I've got sooo much catching up to do and Clack searching and downloading. Does anybody know if there's a sendspace up anyplace of some of the Chicago PBS show? After falling in love with Clay's duet "Crying" with Linda Eder, I'd luuuv to see them singing it there. The way they pop in and out of lead to harmony with each other is amazing!!!

Mom was in hospital and then there were family goings-on, and I've just not been to the board. I felt as if one of my arms had fallen off -- missing being with my Claybuds!!

I got up to page 22 last night, and I must say, the recaps from Broadway in NC have been heaven to read. Hope I got the name right but JustClay12 (??) gave me shivers, and I so * SO admire* your 9 1/2 hr. drive to get there. Reminds me of my marathon solo drive to Wichita to see Clay at the KS state fair, when I got lost as a goose at Tulsa. What grit we Clay fans have, huh?

Back to reading!

Hmmmm...I was skimming the NYT and noticed that Ringo Starr is turning 70 today, and said to myself, "Damn." Hell, he's only three years younger than my mother.

I have to admire the man for his longevity...and look forward to celebrating Clay's 70th...we won't mention how old I'll be telling people I am.

KAndre... come on now... tell us, pretty please! My mother always had, "the umpteenth anniversary of my 17th birthday."

Age is sooo funny. Now that the first number of my age is "6", people in their 70s are not yet "old." Now, I consider my 86 yr old friend old, but by the time I get there someone in their 90s will be old, not me. BWAH!

Hi gang, I've been away for about 2 weeks, and that's Too. Damn. Long.

(Treenuts, feel free to jump in there GF lol)

I've got sooo much catching up to do and Clack searching and downloading. Does anybody know if there's a sendspace up anyplace of some of the Chicago PBS show? After falling in love with Clay's duet "Crying" with Linda Eder, I'd luuuv to see them singing it there. The way they pop in and out of lead to harmony with each other is amazing!!!

Mom was in hospital and then there were family goings-on, and I've just not been to the board. I felt as if one of my arms had fallen off -- missing being with my Claybuds!!

I got up to page 22 last night, and I must say, the recaps from Broadway in NC have been heaven to read. Hope I got the name right but JustClay12 (??) gave me shivers, and I so * SO admire* your 9 1/2 hr. drive to get there. Reminds me of my marathon solo drive to Wichita to see Clay at the KS state fair, when I got lost as a goose at Tulsa. What grit we Clay fans have, huh?

Back to reading!

cognito... be sure and download the clack from Bringing Broadway Home. Especially, These Magic Changes. Mack the Knife is great... oh, heck, just do it all, including Quiana's Dreamgirls solo. Enjoy!!!

I am really bad about BBH. I just scan to every Clay song and skip the others. I love "Home" and the song from "Big River". I also really enjoy the duets with Lauren and Quiana. Although I enjoy the audio, I really enjoyed being there to hear the voice in person. I just wish the man who sat in front of me would have moved to one side or another rathering than sitting in the center and never moving.

Well we sold about 20 LP albums today for about $40. Now only about 960 to go. :cryingwlaughter: We also got into coins and baseball cards. My husband wouldn't let the coins go without checking further. One coin is worth $18 in silver weight alone. Silver dimes $1.60, half dollars $6.50 each, quarters $3.60. All those boxes of coins should add up.

I am really bad about BBH. I just scan to every Clay song and skip the others. I love "Home" and the song from "Big River". I also really enjoy the duets with Lauren and Quiana. Although I enjoy the audio, I really enjoyed being there to hear the voice in person. I just wish the man who sat in front of me would have moved to one side or another rathering than sitting in the center and never moving.

Well we sold about 20 LP albums today for about $40. Now only about 960 to go. :cryingwlaughter: We also got into coins and baseball cards. My husband wouldn't let the coins go without checking further. One coin is worth $18 in silver weight alone. Silver dimes $1.60, half dollars $6.50 each, quarters $3.60. All those boxes of coins should add up.

My husband collects LP's...we have some framed and on the wall; the rest in a closet...I don't think he will ever part with them. He also has coins and I keep telling him to check and see if they are worth anything.

The artwork on the LP's is really beautiful.

Kim

My husband collects LP's...we have some framed and on the wall; the rest in a closet...I don't think he will ever part with them. He also has coins and I keep telling him to check and see if they are worth anything.

The artwork on the LP's is really beautiful.

Kim

They really are. We mostly have LPs from the fifties through the ninties, but we have a few 78s from Mr. Fears parents. They just can't be replicated on a cd cover. Unfortunately we really have to get rid of them or just give them away. We finally decided that we are adults and we want our house back. :snoopy:

bc, no m&g yet.

Either the M&G's have not gone out yet or they have and no one is telling...no PM for me.

Kim