#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

That's true- if you don't have your OFC account set up to notify you about pm's you won't get an email. Just click on 'dashboard' and if you have a pm it will say so there.

I am still in shock :Thud:

So happy for you!!!

Yay to JMH and Cindilu and anybody else who won! I'm so happy for you. Hopefully Clay will have the long question asking type of meet and greets.

Off topic - I work about 3 blocks from where all the demonstrators/some trouble makers were protesting the verdict in the Oscar Grant murder case. I got to leave work an hour before the verdict was announced. Thankfully. I knew I just didn't want to be in the area. I know the police are to protect and serve and that many good men and women put on the uniform and go into dangerous situations every day. But the BART police have run amuck in this town. They are not trained and nobody has authority over them. I'm just one of those people that will never have full trust in the police because my brother - the squarest man in the world - almost got taken out by the LAPD for walking down the street. But on this day, I just hope that people don't do damage to a downtown area that is just coming back to life from the Loma Prieta quake.

Couchie :hug: stay safe! I have to admit that whole case was just too bizarre. And you are absolutley right, BART police seem so ill prepared to act/respond adequately in dicy situations. Why is that? Funding? Lack of adequate training? Whatever it is it has been going on for decades.

:whee::dancetom: for jmh and cindilu :yahoo: Enjoy and remember to breathe!!

OTT, but for my fellow Beatles fans here, a great YouTube of Paul McCartney jumping on stage at Radio City for Ringo's 70th! And guess what he sang? Why, Birthday, of course. It gives me all kinds of happiness.

:clap: Thanks for posting this. This will be the first time Ringo has toured here and I haven't been able to go. *sniff*

liney, check your PM's.

Awwww, loved that Ringo/Paul video. So cool! And doesn't he look great for 70? I can't believe a Beatle is 70. Crazy. Less than a month until I see Paul in concert again, woo hoo! :)

Congrats to all the M&G winners. Lucky, lucky people!

So, I'm going to Hammond now, instead of Verona, to keep our lovely cindilu2 company when she goes for her M&G. Sorry to those I would have seen, but *waves* to those I will see! imgtongue.gif

So sad even in my excitement. My Alex on SYTYCD has a ruptured Achilles Tendon and is out of the competition. (((((Alex))))) He gave up so much to be on the show.

cindilu, I haven't seen the show yet but read about it at CV. I really liked Alex too and I felt so bad for him last night. Did they say whether he would get another chance next year or is he done now? And did they show who had been in the bottom?

They did say he would be invited back next year - they didn't say if it would be a pass right into the top 10 (or whatever number they use next season). He is having surgery on the tendon on Tuesday and they said 3 months rest after that, but should recover fully. Ashley and Billy were the other two in the bottom three.

Thanks for all the good wishes, ladies and a huge thank you to luckiest1 for changing her plans to go along with me to Hammond. :bighug:

:starhugs: to everyone who didn't win.

Be sure and look in the e-mail box on your account management page at your dashboard. I didn't get an e-mail through my regular e-mail address--I found the e-mail in my inbox at the OFC where I looked as soon as I heard the notifications were starting.

ETA: mine is set up to receive notifications but I still didn't get one.

Congratulations!

From what I understand, Clay's speech for UNICEF at the key club was moved from Thursday to Friday, so we should hear tonight. Since there is streaming you can watch or hear it on line.

luckiest, I'll miss seeing you in Verona. Perhaps at the Gala?

I've been looking for a place near the Biltmore to get together after the concert but most shut down early: 10 or 11. Anyone have any ideas? It's getting close. :dancetom:

:GM_FCA:

Yeah, I was pretty bummed that I didn't win a M&G but if it was meant to be it would have happened...so I am guessing I am one of those people who is just not destined to meet Clay...doesn't mean I won't keep trying as long as he keeps touring...maybe the T&T tour in 2011 will be the lucky charm! Plus I feel bad for Clay...he is missing out on meeting me!

4 Days until Clay is Co-Hosting The View!:yahoo:

14 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

aikim, I feel the same way...bummed that it wasn't meant to be. But oh well, it will happen, and I do have the fact that I have a picture with him at the Spamalot stage door to comfort me a bit.

But I still want to ask him some questions. If I could think of any good ones that aren't just me drooling over him, or aren't "did you really see the card?" cryingwlaughter.gif

Awwww, loved that Ringo/Paul video. So cool! And doesn't he look great for 70? I can't believe a Beatle is 70. Crazy. Less than a month until I see Paul in concert again, woo hoo! :)

Congrats to all the M&G winners. Lucky, lucky people!

So, I'm going to Hammond now, instead of Verona, to keep our lovely cindilu2 company when she goes for her M&G. Sorry to those I would have seen, but *waves* to those I will see! imgtongue.gif

Too bad won't be seeing you in Verona, but the Gala it will be. such a good friend to be with Cindy as she will be sooooooooooooo excited and will need the support!!!

Thanks cindilu. Surprised by Ashley being in the bottom because I like her better than Lauren, which surprised me because I liked Lauren during the auditions rounds. Just don't feel like she has shown much personality since.

Lucy, we've got a problem. Just got back from the doctor with Mr. Fear. He tore his patella in half on the knee that was replaced 6 years ago and was repaired this March. Fortunately it wasn't knee replaced in March. We are going to Asheville in three weeks and he has to wear a brace on his leg holding it straight for three weeks. The brace is making it feel a little better. They are hoping scar tissue will repair it. OY!. I'm thinking of renting a wheel chair since Biltmore House is so far from the parking lot and he would have a time getting into the shuttle bus. He thinks he did it while replacing a closet door in our rec room.

I'm sure he'll be fine but it is always fun to work out the arrangements for getting places and doing things. :smack:

Sorry to hear that Fear...hope he will be feeling better soon!

Kim

From the CB:

From CAF:

We get to see Clay, suspenders and all on July 20th on NBC (DST/NYC. For more info, visit:

Cat Greenleaf and Clay looked like they were having a great time together. I bet the interview will be great!

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/shows/talk-stoop/

here is the youtube page for Talk Stoop

http://www.youtube.com/talkstoop

Lucy, we've got a problem. Just got back from the doctor with Mr. Fear. He tore his patella in half on the knee that was replaced 6 years ago and was repaired this March. Fortunately it wasn't knee replaced in March. We are going to Asheville in three weeks and he has to wear a brace on his leg holding it straight for three weeks. The brace is making it feel a little better. They are hoping scar tissue will repair it. OY!. I'm thinking of renting a wheel chair since Biltmore House is so far from the parking lot and he would have a time getting into the shuttle bus. He thinks he did it while replacing a closet door in our rec room.

I'm sure he'll be fine but it is always fun to work out the arrangements for getting places and doing things. :smack:

{{{Mr. Fear & FearofH2O}}} ARGHH!!

Why don't you call the Biltmore and ask them if they have special accommodations? They might have a golf cart that will meet you guys at the entrance or something of that nature..

Thanks guys. He can get around a little but with a straight leg gait. I think the brace has reduced the pain a little. Good idea jmh. I'll give them a call this weekend.

Back to Clay, who some of us will be seeing in 2 weeks. :snoopy: His speech at the key club was just fantastic. He didn't speak down to the kids but instead was encouraging and informative. He was received very well. And there is clack.

:GM_FCA:

3 Days until Clay is Co-Hosting The View!:yahoo:

10 Days until Clay is on Talk Stoop!:yahoo:

13 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I was playing You Tubes this morning after seeing that the Moody Blues played the Ottawa Blues Festival this week, and found some awesome new videos from that gig. But one thing led to another and I found myself at this video of the Moodies playing Turning Stone in Verona last summer. I watched it, loved it, and had several Clay-centric thoughts, ergo comments, about it.

• Clay has played this venue and will again this summer
  • Justin Hayward sings as well at 63 as he did in his 20s. Clean living does pay off with the voice and I believe that portends well for Clay's vocal future.
  • Justin Hayward wrote this song at the age of 21, at three o'clock in the morning, after a break-up earlier in the evening with the person he considered the love of his life. It is so fucking sad, but he expressed all the pain he was feeling.
  • He met Marie in France shortly thereafter, they married in 1969, and last year celebrated their 40th anniversary. They've always appeared to be blissfully happy and devoted to each other. Which shows you never know what's just around the corner.
  • Many have attempted unsuccessfully to sing this song, because it doesn't work without the unmistakable pathos in Justin's voice that has been there for 43 years in this song. Clay has this quality in his voice for certain songs, which make them magical for me.
  • There's just something about the title that makes me think of Clay and Reed.

And here it is: Nights in White Satin

I'm sitting in the San Jose airport waiting for a flight to WA (family wedding). It's getting closer and closer to concert time.

Can't wait.

The ldyjocelyn household went a little tech crazy today...my husband just got a Nook, and I'm typing this on my new iPad while listening to Clay through the iPod. it is amazing how far technology has come through in just the past few years.

Now I have to load up my iTunes account so I can buy books for it!

Yeah for the iPad. Hee I was playing a game and listening to Clay on mine today. I'm such a multi-tasker! How did we ever survive without this "stuff"?

You have to d/l the app for Words with Friends. We can play Scrabble against each other. I am playing games with 10 different people right now.

(((((keepingfaith))))) It's tough when a cell phone dies! What kind are you going to get?

We are loosing ground in the Chase Facebook contest and if it keeps up the "National Inclusion Project" won't win $20,000. We're only 41 votes ahead of the #200 charity. We need to rally the troops. The voting ends in 2 days.

The above paragraph was posted by MagicalMusic at Clayversity this afternoon. Below is the part I added.

We really do need the all-out effort this Clay fan describes. The Inclusion Project (#149 and #156 during the previous 24 hours) dropped to #167 in tonight's update; and votes are coming in at a very slow pace.

This afternoon I used 19 other Chase votes we are allowed by visiting a variety of charities, voting and leaving a comment at each relating the organization to the National Inclusion Project, UNICEF (i.e., EDUCATE UGANDA), Clay Aiken, etc. On each, I provided a link to TBAF at Chase asking for a reciprocal vote. In the process, I picked up two "gift votes" to send to CA fans, who voted for TBAF. (This happens after your 5th and 20th votes).

I also sent a note to non-Clay FB friends/relatives in my mailing list asking for a vote. Hopefully, positive results will happen this weekend! Anyone have other ideas? It would be a shame to lose out on two "Let's All Play" camps.

Sending good vibes to Fear and Mr. Fear. My left knee keeps trying to cave. This may be from my recent fall, but I am walking very carefully. :friends:

Have a great evening, all -- but let's get this done! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

(((((keepingfaith))))) It's tough when a cell phone dies! What kind are you going to get?

You crack me up.I'll try to muddle through until the first US carrier will sell me a Samsung Galaxy S. I've heard that I may be able to get one ordered on the 15th and shipped the same day from T-Mobile, so I'll see. Since I have a new iPodTouch 32gigger that has everything a new iPhone has except a phone and a camera, I wasn't going to go for any bells and whistles in a cell phone. But I saw a demo of the new Samsung Galaxy S and I'm just a sucker for technology! I'm a sad case. Anyway AT&T is selling it as the Captivate, Sprint as the Epic 4, Verizon as the Fascinate, and T-Mobile as the Vibrant. Whenever they decide to actually put them on sale that is. They came out in Europe under one name, the Galaxy S, in late June.

And I was about to answer your post a couple of hours ago, when I spilled a whole Diet Coke into my fancy keyboard. So I decided to drive over to Fry Electronics for one of those clear rubber keyboards, the kind you can spill stuff on. Drove over there, asked the man if he had one, he said yes, right over here on aisle 34, uh-oh we had one when I last looked an hour ago, must have been the last one, so sorry. So I bought el cheapo keyboard, came home and here I be.

The cellphone was taking it's last breaths battery-wise, and I was hoping it wouldn't expire before the Galaxy S comes out. But the sick bastard didn't make it when I got caught in that rainstorm Wednesday. Had my umbrella and was under it and the cellphone was in a fairly tight pocket at the side of my purse, but Lord it did rain, and when I got to the car and fumbled with keys, dropping them of course, and took down the umbrella to put it into the car and it stuck, etc. etc., the phone somehow got wet and the battery couldn't hang, the sorry sick douchebag of a cellphone. So now I'm really missing my phone numbers, many of which I didn't have written down anywhere. Dammit!

Am I counting right? Three weeks from tonight I'll be seeing Clay in Reno? Can I even believe it? And I'm not in the least jealous of anyone with a M&G because I never in a million years would win one. Sure, I sign up like a dolt, as if I have a chance. But I never win anything. Any contest I enter automatically increases the chances for all other entrants. If only six people had signed up for one of the M&G's and I were one of them, there's no doubt I'd be the sole loser. I'd fully expect to be and would not in any way be disappointed at losing. I don't win door prizes, raffles, bingo games, or table centerpieces from company dinners. I don't win $10 gift certificates to Target. Do you think I'd ever waste money playing the lottery? Hell no. Sometimes people give me lottery tickets in birthday cards ... I've never even scratched off $1. You are all safe entering any contest with me. I may just be your lucky fucking charm.

Now, let's see if I can find something else to screw up tonight .... there's still time. I could even inadvertently wipe this whole post out if I'm not careful. Better not chance it.