#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

Hee! I'm waiting for Sept 18 so I can get the Sprint Evo. Until then I can't upgrade (too much money) and it's driving me nuts. It has its own Mobile Hotspot and I really need that.....do so!

I'll join you in the never win column. Well that's not technically true....in 1965 I won a turkey! My dad was running the raffle....need I say more?

Since I didn't lose that 20lbs I had to go out and buy a couple of things to wear in 2 weeks eeeeeeeee. Gosh I cannot wait to see HIM in J'ville. I don't care any more that I didn't get a M&G. Oh hell who am kidding! I really wanted one....I'll just wait for the M&F instead!

I went by my new house today and it looks like it will be finished after the Florida 3-fer and before the Chicago concert! How convenient. :whistling-1:

Work has been keeping me busy so have not been on much. Even though it would of been great to get a M&G I knew I probably would not win so I am not upset. I will definetly try again next time. Watched the speach from last night and he did great. Can't wait for the View this week. Luckily I am home that day and then on Wed. we leave for a 5 day bike tour.

Hee! I'm waiting for Sept 18 so I can get the Sprint Evo. Until then I can't upgrade (too much money) and it's driving me nuts. It has its own Mobile Hotspot and I really need that.....do so!

I admit I don't really need it. I just want it really bad ... and since the old Motorola is deceased, perished and not among the living, well how can I resist? Yes I do so need a phone with TWO cameras! FYI: There are close similarities between the Evo 4G and the Epic 4G at Sprint:

Samsung Epic 4G for Sprint: As you might have guessed from the name, the Epic is a 4G network-capable phone--the second one for Sprint after the HTC Evo 4G--and it has a slide-out QWERTY keyboard and a 4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen. According to Samsung, its Super AMOLED display has a higher contrast, wider viewing angles, faster response time, and lets it create a thinner phone than a traditional LCD does. We've seen the Super AMOLED screen and we can say that most of the benefits are true.

Armed with such a display, 4G, and Samsung's 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird processor, multimedia will, once again, play a central role on the Epic, much like it did on the Evo 4G. However, Samsung will make it even easier to get and watch TV shows and movies on the phone by including a video store. Samsung has not revealed where the content will come from, but according to the company, it includes "some of the biggest names in entertainment."

The phone's other goodies include a 5-megapixel camera with HD video capture, a front-facing VGA camera for video calls, and the capability to act as a mobile hot spot for up to five devices. Samsung will ship the Epic running Android version 2.1 and its TouchWiz interface; and don't worry: the Epic will get the Android 2.2 Froyo update. According to Sprint, it plans to announce pricing and release date in the coming weeks, but you can sign up for updates via its Web site.

:GM_FCA:

2 Days until Clay is Co-Hosting The View!

:yahoo:

9 Days until Clay is on Talk Stoop!

:yahoo:

12 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Congratulations Told! Have a blast. Give Clay a hug for me and one for everyone of us at FCA. :hug:

kf and merrieeee, looks like I should have asked your advice when I was phone shopping. I had my last phone for three years. My older son's girlfriend gets every new iphone that comes out. I didn't realize that there is a good market for used ones: broken or operating, as she sold her second and third phones. She gave her first one to my son who is quite happy with it and uses T Mobile instead of AT&T so that he has a cheaper service. Did I tell you he takes after his mom? :whistling-1:

How exciting looking forward to a new house, merrieeee. :whee:

Not to belittle anyone but I'm here for Clay and no one else. I just can't get vested in anyone else as he continues his pursuit of Mr. Right. I'm just not a romantic, I guess. JMO. Too much to do and so little time. Looking forward to Asheville and hearing the man and his friend in person. :yahoo:

ETA: Thanks aikim, 12 days. :dancetom:

Houston chickies, I understand your lust for the hot spot capabilities but (KAndre possesively strokes her Nexus), my last software upgrade gave me hot spot capabilities for 8 devices...you and Clay can have Apple - Android is my baby now! Rather then having to buy the latest and greatest hardware, software upgrades are the bomb! Though I admit I am eyeing the physical keyboard of the latest myTouch...

This really has not been my summer (though I have been following y'all with interest and envy)...I am hoarding my hydrocodone for the Florida 3-fer!

Fear, you are so totally me. I guess I never got that involved with Reed since Clay himself never said anything about the dude that I can recall. Clay's sense of privacy seems so like mine (in other words, he doesn't tell the whole world shit if he can help it) and Reed always seems so out there, telling all his (Reed's) business...I know I couldn't deal.

I'm going to assume (heh) you guys are talking about things happening on other boards, because I don't really see anybody who is overly invested in Clay's (or Reed's) personal business here on FCA. Then again that's probably because I don't consider admiring Reed or enjoying the idea of the two of them happy and in love as being overly invested. So yeah, I was (and am) unhappy to hear that it didn't work out just like I would be about anybody I care about.

I'm going to assume (heh) you guys are talking about things happening on other boards, because I don't really see anybody who is overly invested in Clay's (or Reed's) personal business here on FCA. Then again that's probably because I don't consider admiring Reed or enjoying the idea of the two of them happy and in love as being overly invested. So yeah, I was (and am) unhappy to hear that it didn't work out just like I would be about anybody I care about.

You assume right...IMO there is a small faction of the fandom that have gotten way too invested in Clay's personal business but no one that I have seen here. I was thrilled that Clay was in a relationship and I am sorry it didn't work out...but that is how things go sometimes...Clay has a complicated life and I give them credit for making it last as long as they did.

Kim

Houston chickies, I understand your lust for the hot spot capabilities but (KAndre possesively strokes her Nexus), my last software upgrade gave me hot spot capabilities for 8 devices...you and Clay can have Apple - Android is my baby now! Rather then having to buy the latest and greatest hardware, software upgrades are the bomb! Though I admit I am eyeing the physical keyboard of the latest iTouch...

So K, your eyes must be going along with those hurt feet! When it comes to cellphones merrieeee and I are in the Android bucket. When you hear that I've signed up to spend $299 to order a phone with a ship date that is no more specific than maybe weeks, maybe months, and has connectivity issues to boot ... you'll know it's time to put me away. The Androids are way superior products.

Now as to the topic du jour ... I cannot believe that there are factions in the fandom over this breakup. As if anyone outside the two parties have a fucking clue! "Some people say" is one of the most dangerous phrases in the English language, and never to be trusted. I wish love to everyone and that's as involved as I'll ever get in the private affairs of others.

cindulu, most definitely not you or anyone here. Just don't understand why there has to be blame. I never became a Nick, Brett, Reed, Faye, Jaymes or anyone else connected to Clay fan. It's all I can do to be a Clay fan. Money wise and time wise.

Kandre, now your personal life is another story. :whistling-1: I loved reading your travelogues.

Looking forward to the view on Tuesday.

You assume right...IMO there is a small faction of the fandom that have gotten way too invested in Clay's personal business but no one that I have seen here. I was thrilled that Clay was in a relationship and I am sorry it didn't work out...but that is how things go sometimes...Clay has a complicated life and I give them credit for making it last as long as they did.

Kim

aikim... I agree completely with the bolded above. I just liked the idea of someone showing Clay that he was, indeed, lovable.

Happy Sunday, all!!! This is sunny southern California, but you'd never know it from the weather lately. We've had June gloom so far in July and tho I don't like the heat and smog that come with summer, I am very tired of the overcast. Maybe tomorrow when I have to go back to work? LOL

You guys and your cellphones! LOL My daughter has an iphone and my son has a blackberry and I'm very impressed with what they can do, but not enough to invest in one. I use Virgin Mobile for $6.99/month and $10/minute and it cost me about $60/year for all that I use it. It has a camera, too. I just recently learned to text message ($.25 each to send or receive) so I am making progress! LOL

Overinvested fan of Reed over here! :meme: Feel free to lecture me to my face about my behavior.

You're not alone bottlecap. I enjoyed seeing some of the private part of Clay (down treenuts), which Reed gave us a glimpse of. Not that I disagree with Clay's choice to be private because I don't want everyone knowing my business either. But I also enjoyed Reed as a person and thought he was a very sweet man and good for Clay. The fact that he is cute and built and very talented didn't hurt either. With all that being said, I don't understand the need for some fans to assign blame, especially since we don't know shit about the situation. I'm sad it's over and I want the best for both of them.

Go check out the vault at CV...Talk Stoop preview of Clay singing Moon River acapella... :flirtysmile3:

Kim

Overinvested fan of Reed over here! :meme: Feel free to lecture me to my face about my behavior.

bc, as i said, I don't understand it because it's not me. Getting upset at Clay over it, way too vested in my opinion. I don't get upset when my son breaks up with a girlfriend. After about 7 of them I kind of expect it. But he manages to remain friends with them and I wouldn't be surprised to see Clay and Reed friends (not that I'd ever know about it.)

I really like you bc, although I've never met you, so I hope you feel better about it soon. If you feel you can't be a Clay fan, which is what I was talking about, I'm sorry, I'll miss you. If you just miss the romance, I'm sure there will be others.

I'm not real good at giving lectures. Never could control my kids. :smack:

I should have clarified as I am apparently posting at cross-purposes with most of the Clay Nation this week-end.

I have no issues with Clay and my fandom is as strong as ever. Always and forever and I mean it. I'm disappointed that things didn't work out with Reed, as he seemed to be a very nice man and I have enjoyed following him online (like lots), but their apparent break-up is certainly not a deal breaker for me.

What I've found out that I do have issues with is generalized "Some people" and "other boards" posts when I feel like I'm one of the "Some people" at one of those "other boards". And I'll readily admit I've been guilty of making those kinds of posts in the past - it has just made me very aware that "Some people" are sometimes me / us. I'll lecture myself for being hypocritical that way, and the rest of you can go after my other shortcomings, if necessary.

:cryingwlaughter:

:GA_FCA:

I just uploaded a new Carolina On My Mind blog that features the five stations airing T&T LIVE on July 31 (less than three weeks from now!) and includes Miami WPBT2's promo, the EPK video, a calendar (with an acapella insert, thnx to dancermom2), graphics by AmazingCA and Fountaindawg, and an "old soul" story about my grandson Kai when he learned about his great-grandmother. :wub:

The National Inclusion Project is currently ranked #193 (page 10 of the leaderboard!!!). We need to get in all the votes we can in the time left -- 1 day and less than 5 hours.

Even if some fans don't understand about casting their 20 Chase votes wisely, I can guarantee that other charities do. I have received tons of FB messages today from various charities who saw from my Saturday posts that I was using my 19 other votes. I am maxed out, but here is one that some of you may help. Be sure to tell them about the National Inclusion Project so they will reciprocate. Many, like the groups below, are eager to do so:

I am one of the participants in the CCG and would appreciate if you could spread the word to your friends about the following student groups advocating college affordability on Facebook.

South Asia: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=139571999390869

Southeast Asia: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=130573440310501

Africa: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1322...6189&v=wall

United States: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129506607084067

All the best,

Jorge

African Students: http://www.facebook.com/?tid=1355494171728...6189&ref=nf

MISSION: Our mission is to promote college affordability in Africa through an innovative interest free micro-loan and scholarship program that connects students with micro-donors and community service organizations.

PROGRAM: Our program has two major components: (1) Micro-loans open to students who meet the basic criteria; (2) Grants to underserved students.

HOW CAN YOU HELP:

(1) invite your friends to join this group

(2) spread the word about our Facebook cause

(3) volunteer your talents in a variety of capacities

(4) get engaged in our various group related activities

FACEBOOK CAUSE: http://bit.ly/IdukaFBCause

Thank you for your support of the Inclusion Project and the Internet Clay blogs. We are in the final hours of hopefully securing the $20,000 for the foundation. Let's go, team! :dancetom:

Btw, I can make you a Sendspace video of "Moon River" on "The Stoop." The mp3 file is in my blog. It's gorgeous! UPDATE: The video is there now! :flirtysmile3:

Have an awesome new week, all! :yahoo:

Caro :listen:

Bottlecap I use "some people" or a variation simply because it is easier than naming names and I don't think we want to start outing people and pointing specific fingers. Just easier to make a general statement. I always figure if someone makes a post regarding fan behavior and I have not participated in that behavior than there is no reason for me to take offense. When people get defensive I figure they have something to be defensive about.

Kim

I should have clarified as I am apparently posting at cross-purposes with most of the Clay Nation this week-end.

I have no issues with Clay and my fandom is as strong as ever. Always and forever and I mean it. I'm disappointed that things didn't work out with Reed, as he seemed to be a very nice man and I have enjoyed following him online (like lots), but their apparent break-up is certainly not a deal breaker for me.

What I've found out that I do have issues with is generalized "Some people" and "other boards" posts when I feel like I'm one of the "Some people" at one of those "other boards". And I'll readily admit I've been guilty of making those kinds of posts in the past - it has just made me very aware that "Some people" are sometimes me / us. I'll lecture myself for being hypocritical that way, and the rest of you can go after my other shortcomings, if necessary.

:cryingwlaughter:

And I feel like I maybe contributed to this as well - I was being a teeny bit sarcastic with my 'must be from some other board' because I was feeling a tad bit defensive also (being a big fan of the Creed). I understand FCA was practically borne of the need to vent about things happening elsewhere, but when you don't read at those other places anymore and an generalized post like Fear's happens - I can't help but feel like maybe it's 'me'.

As for anyone being 'mad at Clay' for the breakup, well all I can say is 'you've got to be kidding' - but then, sadly, I know you're not. Oh brother!! Funny, I always figured Reed would be the one needing a cup if anything ever happened between them. Silly me. :huh:

ETA: the problem with that, aikim, is if I don't know what or whom you're speaking of it's hard not to feel that way. As far as I knew only a few people here (including me) even mentioned the split in any kind of 'invested' way. Didn't know anybody was feeling 'mad' at Clay (or Reed for that matter) and that wasn't specifically referred to in the original post(s) I responded to. The 'fan behavior' you're referring to didn't happen here. See?