#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

I just find it confusing to pop in here and read things that obviously refer to something happening elsewhere in the fandom. I usually only read here, so sometimes I'm a bit mystified as to what is being discussed. I do appreciate everyone that brings Clay relevant news over, including news about Reed. I will be working Tuesday morning so I will appreciate real time updates about the View. :)

I went to an Elton John concert last night and sat in the 6th row stands on the side (parellel with the 2nd row on the floor). It was really interesting to watch the people down in the first few rows. There was a group of probably 10 - 12 twenty-somethings (or maybe even younger), mostly guys, who were led in after the show started and directed to seats in the first two rows. They were ecstatic, high fiving and hugging and screaming and yelling, LOL. I don't know where they came from but I got the impression that they didn't expect to be down by the stage. It was pretty cool, and Elton definitely fed off of their energy. The whole arena was insane, there was a standing O after every song. Completely sold out; not a single empty seat that I could see, right up to the rafters and back to the back. He sang hit after hit after hit, and in between songs he would stand and wave and gesture and say thank you, but that was pretty much all the banter there was. He introduced a couple of songs, and he introduced the band, and some family he had in the audience. When he came back on stage for the encore, he took the time to sign an autograph for everyone in the front row who had rushed the stage (well, everyone in the first 10 rows rushed the stage, but he could only reach so many LOL). Then he sang two more songs. Pretty cool. We were lucky enough to be on the floor a couple of years ago when he came through town, and he signed our CDs. Anyways, it was a nice evening, and the first of my 6 concerts scheduled in the next month (3 of which are Clay, wheeeeeeeeee). Let the fun begin!!!!

Can anyone use a Chase gift vote? I saved it and hope someone can use it. At least I hope I did it correctly.

I must have lost it. Argh!

Fear, there's no way you CAN lose it...."Fear" not :) It will be there when the person you gifted it to, signs onto Chase.

....and on that note.....I'm begging. :clay:

Please, please, PLEASE....if you haven't spent the four minutes or so that it takes if you have a Facebook account to:

1. Vote your vote for the Bubel Aiken Foundation.

2. Vote your other 19 so that you can "gift" to two someone elses, a vote for BAF...

PLEASE VOTE....we are about to LOSE $20,000!!

Here are the instuctions:

1. Go to Chase Community Giving"LIKE" Chase at the top of the page.

2. At the right of the page, click on "Vote for this Charity".

3. Make arrangements with someone WHO HAS NOT ALREADY VOTED TWICE *beforehand*....

4. Then click on Leaderboard (in blue at the top of Chase's page)

5. Click on My Area...if you are in the US, put in your zipcode and you will get a list of charities in your area....vote for what you like that doesn't have many votes (less than 100).

If you are in Canada....try 27605 (Raleigh) or 60614 (Chicago)...or the US folks here could suggest some I'm sure.

6. Vote for 4 more charities in this way.....you will get a "Gift vote" that can be used BY YOU to vote AGAIN for BAF. It will pop up, just click on it.

7. Vote for 15 more charities....this popup vote is the one you will have to SEND to the person you've pre-selected....make sure it is someone that will really use it.

8. If you have a family member that is also on FB, you can trade votes.

:friends: PLEASE VOTE!! We are at #193 currently....and we MUST be in the Top 200 to win.

The contest ends at midnight EST tomorrow.

Caro!!! Yes please on the sendspace!!

Cindy, both are in the Carolina blog (I added an update to my post here). Look in the calendar! :twinklewhore:

And then read what my sweet grandson said. :flirtysmile3:

FromClaygary, wish I could help; but I am maxed out -- 20+ votes with reciprocals hopefully coming in.

Caro :listen:

Thanks Caro! Once again my comment isn't showing for me but I did leave a note on the blog as well!

I've pestered all my facebook friends and will give it one last shot tomorrow. Good luck to the NIP!!!

... my last software upgrade gave me hot spot capabilities for 8 devices...

I just realized that I can't even think of 8 devices to name!

8?

I should have clarified as I am apparently posting at cross-purposes with most of the Clay Nation this week-end.

What I've found out that I do have issues with is generalized "Some people" and "other boards" posts when I feel like I'm one of the "Some people" at one of those "other boards".

To me "some people" are not "all people" or "a tiny fraction of people" but just "some people" ... and "other boards" to me are "boards that are not FCA." I never considered this to be a PC issue. And I really can't fathom how the messageboards could survive without generalizations.

Here's one -- Some fans on other boards could feel really silly if this is a lovers' quarrel that blows over. Or, some fans on other boards (because nobody says it here) could be all wet if Reed posted that Christina song because he was the one who hadn't been keeping his hands to himself and Clay sent him that song and so he posted it as a mea culpa to try to make up, along with the Whitney song. My opinion is just as uninformed and imaginary as anyone's. It's all conjecture by whichever fans wherever saying whatever, including me.

I just hate to hear about anyone, fans I don't know and probably never will know mostly, getting overwrought about a relationship breaking-up for whatever reason. Who here hasn't had a broken heart. It's part of life. I've had mine broken more than once or twice. It's not the end of the world. In fact, some people, possibly on this board and others, have way more serious issues to deal with than a broken up love affair.

I suck at editing!!! Was going to add that I met my guardian angel as a direct result of getting dumped by a guy I didn't think I could live without. Turned out to be one of the highlights of my life. So much so that when said "irreplaceable" guy came begging me back a month later, I was immune to his charms. So maybe I'm also immune to feeling too badly about anybody's romantic ups and downs. Shit happens.

FromClaygary, wish I could help; but I am maxed out -- 20+ votes with reciprocals hopefully coming in.

Caro :thbighug-1:

I've pestered all my facebook friends and will give it one last shot tomorrow. Good luck to the NIP!!!

Cindy, have you used YOUR gift votes?...and gifted two to other people to vote?

No need to pester anymore...if you can do it this way (see above). :)

Bet you and luckiest1 or crimsonice could "trade" votes. :)

I should have clarified as I am apparently posting at cross-purposes with most of the Clay Nation this week-end.

I have no issues with Clay and my fandom is as strong as ever. Always and forever and I mean it. I'm disappointed that things didn't work out with Reed, as he seemed to be a very nice man and I have enjoyed following him online (like lots), but their apparent break-up is certainly not a deal breaker for me.

What I've found out that I do have issues with is generalized "Some people" and "other boards" posts when I feel like I'm one of the "Some people" at one of those "other boards". And I'll readily admit I've been guilty of making those kinds of posts in the past - it has just made me very aware that "Some people" are sometimes me / us. I'll lecture myself for being hypocritical that way, and the rest of you can go after my other shortcomings, if necessary.

:cryingwlaughter:

bottlecap, first of all, thank you for your honesty. I'm sure these past few days have been a bit rough for you. {{{{{hugs}}}}

I bolded the section of your post that I think is the most relevant, and I think that is a very astute observation. Now, maybe it's just me, but I've learned over the past few years in this fandom that yeah, people may think of me as being from "that board" (and that includes any board I'm a member of at the moment, not just here), but I've also learned to just not care that much. So yes, I realize that I'm totally guilty of that kind of talk, and yet, I also know me well enough to know I'll do it again.

Clay's human, and has faults. So is Reed. Guess what? So are all of us on these boards. We're all going to write a post or two (or 10) that might be "mistakes."

I totally see what aikim is saying about "some people," and that's an unfortunate consequence of reading at other boards. And yet....

ETA: the problem with that, aikim, is if I don't know what or whom you're speaking of it's hard not to feel that way. As far as I knew only a few people here (including me) even mentioned the split in any kind of 'invested' way. Didn't know anybody was feeling 'mad' at Clay (or Reed for that matter) and that wasn't specifically referred to in the original post(s) I responded to. The 'fan behavior' you're referring to didn't happen here. See?

I understand this as well.

Maybe I'm just a cold, unfeeling person, but I'm at this point in my life where if someone says something about me (on boards or in RL), I tend to not care too much. I don't personalize things nearly as much. Not to say that I don't do this all the time, but as I get older, I just don't care quite as much.

On that note....

Wasn't that Moon River version stunning? And I'm in love with his suspenders!

AND...

In the meantime, keepingfaith says about message boards what I wanted to say, but better. LOL!

I think that Reed perhaps came to the sad conclusion that, even for him, Clay was not going to end his torrid, ongoing affair with the Camera Lens.

Talkstoop.jpg

i hate those suspenders like merrieeee hates the sNOwflake pictures, but dayum - that man can work a camera! :flirtysmile3:

i hate those suspenders like merrieeee hates the sNOwflake pictures, but dayum - that man can work a camera!

But just think of the fun you'd have taking those suspenders off!

Thanks Caro! Once again my comment isn't showing for me but I did leave a note on the blog as well!

Cindy, the comment shows on both IE and Mozilla. Blogspot had problems about a week ago, but they were cleared up. Sometimes it takes a while for new comments to show up. Thnx for coming by. :flirtysmile3:

I have read where several fans were sent "gift" votes but they couldn't use them because, like me, they were maxed out. Be sure to ask for eligible recipients before typing in a name. The Inclusion Project is at 1,313 now, but you know other charities are working hard to get the votes in, too.

Bottle, I think you are right. Clay does know how to work the camera lens. Ditto with his incredible voice! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

I have a gift vote for somebody to use. When the box popped up after 5 it would not let me put my own name in there so not sure what that was about. I sent that one to luckiest1 *waves. I need somebody for the second one.

I have a gift vote for somebody to use. When the box popped up after 5 it would not let me put my own name in there so not sure what that was about. I sent that one to luckiest1 *waves. I need somebody for the second one.

Has Karen voted her two? :) Re the first gift...weird...I didn't have to, it just said I could use it to vote...and I did!

i hate those suspenders like merrieeee hates the sNOwflake pictures, but dayum - that man can work a camera!

But just think of the fun you'd have taking those suspenders off!

merrieeee, you want to remove his glasses, his bow tie, and now his suspenders. Hmmmmm ... I'd like to remove his boots and then the striped socks and massage his feet, and especially those long, slinky monkey toes, with warm aromatic oils. So maybe we could double team him?

Oh stupid me, I temporarily forgot. You don't share.

Has Karen voted her two? :) Re the first gift...weird...I didn't have to, it just said I could use it to vote...and I did!

You know how there are those 'not even for Clay' lines in the sand everybody has? Well Facebook is Karen's, lol. Nothing on this earth will convince her to join Facebook (even under a fake name).

You know how there are those 'not even for Clay' lines in the sand everybody has? Well Facebook is Karen's, lol. Nothing on this earth will convince her to join Facebook (even under a fake name).

Well poop. :lol:

Anyone not used a gift vote to cast their second BAF vote? cindilu2 has one!!

Got it taken care of! Thanks for the reminders, Claygary.

If anybody else needs someone to use a gift vote on, I have only voted once.

Cindy, I didn't get the vote. I checked my gifts on Chase and it says zero.

Cindy, I didn't get the vote. I checked my gifts on Chase and it says zero.

Hmmm - it took it off my screen so I'm not sure what to say. Frustrating!!ETA - okay it was back when I went back to look, lol. I tried again - let me know.