#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

:GM_FCA:

7 Days until Clay is on Talk Stoop!:yahoo:

10 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

kim

Up early and packing for our bike trip. Set my VCR because even though I reminded my mother(who is 89) that Clay is on today, she will probably forget. At least I can take it with me over to her house. I did the VCR because her dvd player is not working for some reason.

I am another person who really had no opinion about Reed before all of the drama started. It is their business what happened and I hate all the assumtions I am reading on some boards. We know nothing. I wish Reed would of never kept it going by changing the songs. All I can say is that respect for Clay should be on his own fan sites. Now off my soap box and I am going to enjoy the View.

From Facebook:

National Inclusion Project Thank you everybody! Tentatively, we finished 131! We received 741 votes in the last 4 days. Wow! We'll post again when we know the final FINAL results.

Tentative "YAY!"

Wish I could see The View live today, but alas, work calls. (Actually, a dentist appointment calls first...) Hopefully someone can report here and bring pictures!

Have fun gbmifan, and I almost forgot -- congrats ToldforThis on the M&G!

Ooooh, one more thing -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMIYE!

I saw this this morning and it somehow reminded me of some other crazy enthusiastic fans. This girl tracked the Beatles down by reading a description of one of the houses they lived in, with no internet to boot! There are some never before seen pics of The Beatles.

Unseen Pics of The Beatles

My tape is set! I hope Clay can get a word in edgewise LOL. We should have some sort of drinking game on this one.

1 sip if anyone says the word Idol!

1 shot if Clay can say more than 5 words at a time heee.

Happy Birthday Kimiye!!

It is their business what happened and I hate all the assumtions I am reading on some boards. We know nothing.

Which is why I am glad I don't go to those boards. cocktail.gif

I saw this this morning and it somehow reminded me of some other crazy enthusiastic fans. This girl tracked the Beatles down by reading a description of one of the houses they lived in, with no internet to boot! There are some never before seen pics of The Beatles.

Unseen Pics of The Beatles

Well, that was interesting. Is she the original stalker chick? cryingwlaughter.gif

Anxiously awaiting View updates at work!

The View should have an inflated audience today. All I've heard this morning, on TV and radio, is Whoopi Goldberg's defense of Mel Gibson on The View yesterday. She's not getting a lot of love for her comments that Mel's not a racist because she's had him in her home and he was nice to her children, or something like that. Anyway, a lot of people should be tuning in for the latest episode in this awful story.

My tape is set! I hope Clay can get a word in edgewise LOL. We should have some sort of drinking game on this one.

BWAH!! Clay?!?! We know he'll say 'em. It's just a matter of wether they'll be heard or not.

But I'll go ahead and start drinking now....just in case :cocktail:

Exactly, what's he talking about?

From the OFC thread (sorry - only place I can find it) posted by Nan

Clay looks magnificent as usual. Gray suit jacket, purplish pin striped and white back ground shirt, purplish tie. Black pants and shoes and looks like he is wearing black and white or off white striped socks. Hair is perfectly hair sprayed in placed. Clay made a funny comment about puberty, because his voice sounds deeper.

Didn't have much to say about the hot topic of Mel Gibson, made more comments about gay men serving in the military. Clay was bleeped when he made a comment during the spoiling kids/sibling hot topic. Whoopi looked shocked, but in a fun way.

Have no idea, as I'm at work too. From what I'm reading around though, he's not getting much of a chance to talk. Which I think we all figured would mostly happen.

From what I was reading, the discussion was about only children and

“Per CV, he started to say that sometimes it's not the parents' fault, kids are just a**holes.”

Not a word I would have used, but I agree with the sentiment. (2 year old in the family. I’m just saying… LOL!)

And thanks for the caps!

More from Nan...

Sherri and Clay are talking now with a woman from Hungry Girl Happy Hour, about low calorie foods. Clay is sampling the different types of foods being offered. He mentioned that he is allergic to mushrooms. Clay sampled two cocktails and said he is going to get drunk.

BWAH!! Clay?!?! We know he'll say 'em. It's just a matter of wether they'll be heard or not.

But I'll go ahead and start drinking now....just in case :cocktail:

Hope you were drinking ... because Clay was. Or at least he took sips of a martini and a margarita! Said he was going to be drunk and Sheri said she'd take care of him, or something to that effect. I thought it was a pretty funny show. Bret Michaels discussed Idol, but Clay didn't.

I'm at work today, but it's nice to have an HDTV in the office!

He was his usual clever self. When discussing DADT repeal and a military questionnaire about straight soldiers being segregated from gay soldiers, and showering together, etc., one of the girls said something about counseling people about this, and Clay said, "you need counseling to take a shower?" -- it got laughs from the audience. He was a cutie all the way around. I thought he fit in perfectly, and even with Whoopi this time. And there wasn't too much cross-talk today. Clay was on his best behavior, and I even thought the "assholes" bleep was funny -- Whoopi played it for laughs.

I watched. Clay looked really good and really tall. He talked about gays in the military and his brother didn't seem to be for it. Clay didn't know why. He talked but due to his cold he couldn't be heard a lot of the time. Whoopie seemed quite fond of him as did Sherrie. He asked Brett if he takes any precautions (healthwise) when he is touring. He introduced a member of the audience and participated in a food tasting with Sherrie and some food woman.

He was polite and handsome but said he couldn't sing with his voice being hoarse. Get well quickly Clay, a week and a half to the tour.

I'm quite happy that he wasn't loud an obnoxious. I won't give my opinion of some of the other hosts. I came away liking Whoopie a lot more than the last time he was on.

When he said *&*, they were talking about annoying kids, especially only children. Clay just said some kids are A**H****. Nothing new there. :cryingwlaughter:

Funny Tweet:

painfulprogress

Of all the people to be censored for saying "assholes" on The View, I never thought it would be Clay Aiken.

Well obviously they didn't watch the Joy Behar show, did they now! Asshole is a bona fide okay Southern word if ever there was one. I guess you can say Ass on TV, and you can say Hole on TV, but you just can't say Asshole on TV without getting bleeped. And getting bleeped can be a really good thing. As I recall, Burt Reynolds became a huge star by going on Johnny Carson and getting bleeped. It was a key to his success.

From laughn at GCA:

I just got back to the computer. Don't know what others are saying anywhere. Funny as hell seeing Clay getting beeped again. Talking about 'only children' and if they're selfish as adults. Clay said, something like, 'face it, some kids are ...bleep bleep bleep." I couldn't even tell what he said because the bleeps were so long. I'll have to look around to see if anyone got into the studio and could tell us exactly.

And yep, started out saying his voice was not good and he was a bit under the weather. My favorite part of the show was when Brett Michaels got ready to sing and started to say something about his voice not being great in the morning, or something, because before he got the words out he turned towards Clay and said, 'you'd never have to do this," then Brett apologized for his un-warmed up voice. It was cool. He didn't have to say that to Clay. A nice compliment.

The eating and drinking segment at the end was cute too. Clay was chomping through the food pretty well, (loved the squash things) but kinda balked at the martini and the Margarita. Made a wee face. LOL Like I said, cute.

He was more quiet/reserved than I am used to, but he did nicely and held his own I think.

I watched. Clay looked really good and really tall. He talked about gays in the military and his brother didn't seem to be for it.

That was new information about Brett. He supports gay rights and gay marriage, but not gays in the military. I wonder if he's aware of all the retired military brass who have come out? There have been quite a few of them in the past several years. Even retired Marines.

And Clay did look so incredibly tall on the stage with the women and Bret.

Now I'm looking forward to the "backstage" clips!