#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

I kind of think that since "asshole" was on his cue card, he was supposed to say that and get bleeped, so Whoopi could play off it - evidently yesterday she was trying to call Mel Gibson an asshole, and was unsuccessful.

Perfectly executed.

I just watched the show again, and rewatched some parts over and over, and the more I see it the better it gets. Sometimes I think I get so apprehensive for Clay on a live show that I can't be anywhere near objective on a first viewing. One thing I am certain of is that this show and the people on it do like and respect Clay a lot. This time I noticed the ending when Whoopi was thanking Clay for guest-hosting and Elizabeth gave him a cute and familiar side bump that indicated to me they consider him part of "The View" family. I think we know that Joy and Sheri really like Clay (remember Joy thinks he's terrific) and Elizabeth has been nice to him in the past, but today's the first time I saw him establish something with Whoopi -- and I think the cue card did it. The cards on the table in front of each person were clear to see once I was looking for them! They obvious have the agenda on the card with pertinent items they are to contribute to structure the conversation. I don't think it's all scripted, but they have an outline to keep things moving along.

This was a great show for Clay. Everything about it. He wasn't pushing for camera time, but everything he said was worth hearing, and his questions were worth asking. And he was so nice to look at. His laugh and his smile are beautiful. I love this guy.

Seems like everybody wants to work the Lady Gaga look.

gagabeercans.jpg

Only not everybody can look so damn CUTE doing it...

View_curlers.jpg

View_curlers4.jpg

View_curlers5.jpg

Gosh, I hope this isn't a hint that we're supposed to show up for the concerts dressed as the Clay / Rubenized versions of Gaga's Little Monsters. :nanaonacid:

Hmmm, off to start assembling myself some suspenders out of foil gum wrappers and caution tape, to be worn over a pair of striped tights and a 209 jersey made out of playing cards and blinged out with chunks of broken cds, just in case.

I always find some obscure moment in a Clay interview to obsess over and the hair rollers video is no different. I can't get enough of him when Bill is talking about him filling out, and when he says to Clay, "I think you look better this way." The patented look on Clay's face as he quickly replies, "Oh do you?" reminds me of something from the Idol days. Maybe a Jaded interview? But just those three words and his facial expression from about 1:20-1:24 captures my heart. He's so precious!

ETA: BC, those caps are so adorable I want to cry for him being so incredibly and lovably CUTE.

Seems like everybody wants to work the Lady Gaga look.

gagabeercans.jpg

Only not everybody can look so damn CUTE doing it...

View_curlers.jpg

View_curlers4.jpg

View_curlers5.jpg

Gosh, I hope this isn't a hint that we're supposed to show up for the concerts dressed as the Clay / Rubenized versions of Gaga's Little Monsters. :nanaonacid:

Hmmm, off to start assembling myself some suspenders out of foil gum wrappers and caution tape, to be worn over a pair of striped tights and a 209 jersey made out of playing cards and blinged out with chunks of broken cds, just in case.

bottle... BWAH!!! I gotta say that rollers bit was verra verra funny!!! LOL Clay has never had trouble making fun of himself and I admire that tremendously!

:GM_FCA:

6 Days until Clay is on Talk Stoop!:yahoo:

9 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Finally, some time for me to post! I thought Clay did pretty darn well with The View yesterday. Here's the key to me -- he looked happy while he was there. Now, maybe I'm reading "something in his eyes," but I thought he looked like he was having a blast, and that he could do something similar to this every day. Of course, he's wanted that talk show for YEARS....

And those two extra clips are priceless. He's such a self-deprecating man, and I truly love that about him. At the same time, he's secure in who he is, and I love that too.

He's just a fine, fine specimen of a human being.

Lady Gaga look -- BWAH!

Happy birthday jmh!

bdayparty2.gif

From ObLaDi at CC:

But we were there in the second row. It was surreal sitting 20 feet away from Clay for a solid hour. He looked amazing. I got home and watched it on the DVR, and I understand how it appeared on TV that he didn't get many words in edgewise, but in the studio I didn't get that impression. He was totally involved and focused on every issue (of course it could be that he was the only one I was watching!). He did get cut off a few times, but he rolled with the punches. In between segments, he was always chatting with the ladies -- he seemed to spend equal time with each one.

I'd love to offer some wonderful behind the scenes stories, but there really were none. He seemed to really enjoy Bret Michaels -- both the interview and the song. I like Bret Michaels, but I had a camera right in front of me during Bret's segment, so again I was forced to watch only Clay. What's a girl to do? *g* (On a side note, Bret's song/voice sounded much better live than on television). There were definitely a lot of Bret fans in the audience. I was hoping Clay could have offered a comment on the Idol conversation, but they were being signalled for a commercial break. He did nod in agreement when Bret said they shouldn't try to find another "mean" judge like Simon.

I did note that when they were sampling the buffalo dip (which Clay obviously liked), he double-dipped. Such a "guy" thing.

Oops, minor correction. It was the potstickers he double-dipped. *g*

He also runs his hands through his hair. A lot. Thank you, Clay.

They kind of rushed Bret out of there after his segment so they could set up the food segment. As they were all standing off to the side of the stage, Clay waited to shake hands and exchange a few words with Bret before he left.

All in all, he seemed to be relaxed and enjoying himself. He laughed a lot during the commercial breaks.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Since my present was cursing Clay in hair rollers, well, I'm spent! Never a freakin' dull moment, for sure!

ETA: Okay, I'm watching the View to catch yesterday's backstage videos (Bret's already been on), but I cannot take this Ingraham woman as co-host. OMG. Bring back Clay.

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog highlights Clay's co-hosting stint on "The View" with video, screen caps, etc. I couldn't embed the roller interview, but a screen cap links to the one on ABC.

I am still finding "water cooler" links to add. Thank you for your visits and comments. As you know, they help the Internet Clay blogs duke it out for position on Google.

Happy Birthday, jmh! :04:

Have an awesome day, all! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

EEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I emailed my local PBS station today about Clay's special, and here's what I received:

Hi ldyj, we have scheduled the Clay Aiken special for Wednesday, Aug. 4 from 8-9:30 p.m. If the program does well it may be scheduled to repeat the following weekend, but we won’t know that until after the first air. Hope this helps and thanks for your support!

From around the boards for today:

treenuts at the CH (and I'm a bit disappointed she didn't bring it here...does she still love us?):

I love my hawt humanatarian man!

(good photo)

Key Club International helps Uruguay

http://fieldnotes.un...ps-uruguay.html

On July 9 the U.S. Fund for UNICEF staff and UNICEF Ambassador, Clay Aiken attended Key Club's International 67th Annual Convention in Memphis, Tennessee. Key Club and the U.S. Fund for UNICEF have had a long standing partnership, raising funds for those affected by HIV/AIDS in Kenya and Swaziland and more recently, pledging $1 million to assist the youth of Uruguay.

Desertflower at the CH:

Get your credit cards ready!
Music from the episode will Planet Premiere on Radio Disney Monday, July 26 through Monday, August 2, and will be released by Walt Disney Records on Tuesday, August 3 at online retailers. Songs on the digital album are: "I Believe We Can," performed by Clay Aiken and Chaka Khan, "J Pop" (Welcome to Tokyo), performed by Stacy's cousins, "Rubber Bands," performed by Uncle Sabu & Co., "Bouncin' Around the World," performed by Love Händel, "City of Love," performed by Isabella, "Summer Belongs to You," performed by Phineas, Isabella and Candace, "Follow the Sun," performed by Danny Jacob, and "The Ballad of Klimpaloon," performed by Love Händel.

http://www.stitchkin...ne-kevin-smith/

ETA

MONDAY, AUGUST 2 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) — "Summer Belongs to You" premieres on Disney XD

TUESDAY, AUGUST 3 — "Summer Belongs to You" becomes available on Disney Channel SVOD, Disney XD VOD and Disney XD Mobile

FRIDAY, AUGUST 6 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) — "Summer Belongs to You" premieres on Disney Channel and on Disney Channel Mobile simulcast

The Phineas and Ferb dates/info are also up on the 'News' section of OFC now as well.

Did you know that the OFC store has four hi-res wallpapers (made from the promo pics) available to 'buy' with your points? I snagged the Clay On the Rocks one today because it's my favorite of all the suit pics. I think I'll get the Richie Cunningham one, too - just because.

The news about the Phineas and Ferb duet with Chaka Khan is on JustJared.com, as are the pictures from The View (without watermarks).

ETA: I was scrolling farther down through the site and this picture made me jump for a second because of the striped shirt, baggy cargos, skinny calves, and sandles. It's actually Leonardo Dicaprio. :cryingwlaughter:

leo-dicaprio.jpg

Did anyone download that audio of the Larry Flick show talking about the View women? I must be very sensitive but talking about smacking one of them. How dumb some are. I'm not a fan of the View but wouldn't talk about the women in that way. Don't think I'm a fan even if he likes Clay.

ldyj wrote:

From around the boards for today:

treenuts at the CH (and I'm a bit disappointed she didn't bring it here...does she still love us?):

:helloFCA: I have to say that I came by here twice today and both times I tried to see "new content" I couldn't because I wasn't signed in (even though I thought I had...grrrrr) So I signed in and started to read and then WHAM, when I went to change screens it spit me out again. I thought I had a computer glitch. I rebooted, I scanned and I dumped cookies. No problems anywhere else that I could tell. Oh well, they say that 3 times the charm. So if this post actually, ya know, posts then I'll be doing this :snoopy:

BTW doesn't he look so nice in that Key Club photo? YUM!

Can ya'll believe the concerts are starting next week!!

You don't say. I hadn't really given it much thought. :whistling-1:

not!

:yahoo: :04: :needclay::dancetom::whee: