#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

Not that I need one, but I just signed up for an email reminder for Tried and True at my PBS Station. eeeeeeeeeeee I didn't think we'd ever get here. It's scheduled for 8 times here!!

Heeheehee me too. Several of them. I guess I wanted them to know I was enthusiastic about watching it :clay:

I honestly did.not.think KQED would ever air it for some reason. Ain't it great!!! :yahoo:

I know that there are some members here who do not go outside of this board to read, so I am posting something that I posted over on Clayversity. There is a thread over there for volunteers to cap the PBS stations when the Tried and True special airs. The main show will be the same, however, some of the stations Clay is actually visiting and others the commentary by the hosts might be of interest. SO here is the list of stations that have dates and no cappers. If you are able to record on a DVR, DVD recorder anything that you might have, that is the most important. THEN we will try to figure out how to get it back off.

Here is my post.

PBS CLACK

I will tape the Vermont ones but unfortunately I have a problem with my cable box, need to buy a new one and it's too much for me right now, the recording might stop at times, I realized it did that when I taped his other appearances. Sorry!

Thank you preden maybe if it plays a few times you can grab a couple of times and hopefully we will get the pledge breaks we need. I will keep my fingers crossed. Then I might have to come and visit you to grab the video :cryingwlaughter: Thank you for offering, really appreciate it.

I'll see what I can do and let you know what I get!

URGENT

Anyone who gets Charlotte PBS WTVI (there are a couple of air dates, so we aren't 100% sure, the first one listed is July 21, if not then, it will be July 31st) We have no cappers for this at all. Is there anyone in the area OR is there anyone that knows someone, Friend/Family, anyone, that can grab at least the show. If it is a Clay fan, can they keep an eye out for promos, starting now.

goldarngirl, I only live 80 miles from Charlotte but we have our own PBS station here ( Winston-Salem) so we don't get the Charlotte station. No word on TnT from our station but we do get the regular UNCTV, so I can DVR that. We get UNC PBS, UNC kids, UNC explorer and UNC HD. I'll have to check on the call letters from each station. I don't think I know any Charlotte fans either. I haven't seen any promos yet on any of them. We should be getting the program booklet for August soon, I'll let you know if it has any information.

I hope you all have a great day. I'm getting excited for Friday. I hope the weather is nice. :needclay:

:GM_FCA:

48 hours and we will be on the road to see Clay! :whee:

1 Day until Clay is on Talk Stoop!:yahoo:

4 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

7 Days until The Clay/Chaka Duet Premieres on Disney Radio!

:yahoo:

14 Days until The Premiere of Clay's Phineas & Ferb Episode!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

goldarngirl, I only live 80 miles from Charlotte but we have our own PBS station here ( Winston-Salem) so we don't get the Charlotte station. No word on TnT from our station but we do get the regular UNCTV, so I can DVR that. We get UNC PBS, UNC kids, UNC explorer and UNC HD. I'll have to check on the call letters from each station. I don't think I know any Charlotte fans either. I haven't seen any promos yet on any of them. We should be getting the program booklet for August soon, I'll let you know if it has any information.

I hope you all have a great day. I'm getting excited for Friday. I hope the weather is nice. :needclay:

Thank you. We have three cappers now, but the more the merrier, you never know when there will be some issues that will mess up the other caps. If you see any promos and can grab them, that would be appreciated. We are still missing a capper from Charlotte. There has to be someone that knows someone that is willing to do this??? It seems to be the only station that we haven't covered yet. (at least for July 31).

An update for the first set of showings.

First Viewings on July 31, 2010

Sacramento - KVIE 6.....................................................................................7/31/10 at 9:30a - 8/6/10 at 8p....................................claylove

Rocky Mountain/Denver PBS (simulcast??)....................................................7/31/10 at 4p - 8/1/10 at 1130p....................................smz80219

Miami - WPBT 2 .......................................................................................... 7/31/10 7:30p.............................................................joy2talk2u

New Orleans - WYES-TV 12..........................................................................7/31/10 9 p.m

Nebraska Educational Telecommunications - statewide simulcast.....................7/31/10 - 6:30 pm..........................................................smileaday

Charlotte - WTVI 42.....................................................................................7/31/10 - 4:30pm & 8pm

Lexington - WLJT 11..................................................................................7/31/10 - 7 p.m

Thank you to those who have offered to cap, we are hoping that we might get promos leading up to the viewing also. We only have one capper per station that is covered. There are THREE stations that have no cappers. If you know of anyone Friend/Family that can record in any of these places. If you post at any other boards that might have people willing to help, we can use all the help we can get.

Via bouncer15 at CV:

link to facebook from a tweet:

http://www.facebook.com/AmericasIRAExperts

Ed Slott and Company Ed and Clay Aiken at PBA, the Public Broadcast Station in Atlanta, GA on Monday, July 19, 2010.

http://twitter.com/theslottreport

Here's the pic - looks like Jukebox hair, which I lurved!

AtlantaPBS20100719.jpg

PBS Dude didn't get the memo about standing far enough away from Clay so he could easily be cropped out of the picture, did he? :cryingwlaughter:

Love the hair...guess I am easy...love Clay in long hair, love him in short...just don't let there be any spikes!

Kim

I think it looks like JBT hair too and he looks adorable. Can't say I blame him for getting it cut since it's been so freaking hot out.

Via bouncer15 at CV:

AtlantaPBS20100719.jpg

PBS Dude didn't get the memo about standing far enough away from Clay so he could easily be cropped out of the picture, did he? :cryingwlaughter:

That's so funny - it really does look like JBT hair. What's cool is that I also have pretty much the same hair style I had in 2005 (after having grown it to shoulder length in the meantime) so *if* we get a photo with the M&G again we will look pretty much the same +5 years (and, errrr.... a few more than 5 pounds in my case)

post-496-127956313118_thumb.jpg

osted by notacanuck at the CC:

CLAY AIKEN: TRIED & TRUE - LIVE!

Trailer for "Clay Aiken: Tried & True - Live!" concert special, airing this summer on PBS. In the special, chart-topping "American Idol" vocalist Clay Aiken performs iconic songs, including "Mack The Knife" and "Build Me Up Buttercup." With Linda Eder and Ruben Studdard. Premiere is Saturday, July 31, 7:30 pm with repeats scheduled for Sunday, August 1 at 8:00 pm and Thursday, August 5 at 9 pm.

Tune in to find out about tickets to his upcoming concert at the Adrienne Arsht Center and how you can guarantee your chance to see Clay.

http://channel2.typepad.com/channel_2/2010...-true-live.html

The Adrienne Arsht Center is in Miami, FL.

eta according to Facebook, the concert will be in February 2011.

WPBT2 Do we have any Clay Aiken fans out there? On Saturday July 31st at 7:30pm we'll be premiering his "Clay Aiken: Tried & True - Live!" concert special. Tune in to find out how you can get tickets to his upcoming concert at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in February 2011.

I'll bet this is the TnT tour!!

Think he looks very handsome in the pic from today. I do not get upset about his hair and like it most days except back in 2004 and the mohawke pictures for JNT.(that was terrible).

Yeh, for a possible tour date. I am ready for one in the winter, just hope not in this area when I go on a ski vacation. I guess then I will have to travel to the next closest with a date that will work. Always think positive when it comes to tour dates, it has worked so far.

From bobbiespecial at the OFC..

I just received an email from NBC and Cat Greenleaf that there was a scheduling change and the "TALK STOOP" interview with Clay will be aired this coming Thursday, July 22nd at 6:15am and then will be on again later in the day on:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/shows/talk-stoop/

here is the youtube page for Talk Stoop

http://www.youtube.com/talkstoop

BobbiSpecial - BobbiSpecialNJ -

Well, the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts has three theaters:

The Ziff Ballet Opera House seating 2,400 -- Broadway plays and musicals, opera, ballet, and dance companies.

The Knight Concert Hall seating 2,200 -- Music concerts—classical, world, urban, Latin pop, rock ‘n’ roll, jazz, and stand-up comedy

The Carnival Studio Theater seating 200 - Black-box space ideally suited for cutting-edge performances of contemporary and classic plays, dance, music, physical theater, cabaret, and other entertainment.

I'm believing the Knight Concert Hall seating 2,200 is the logical venue. I know the PBS concerts here in Houston where tickets have been sold as a premium during pledge breaks usually are at The Toyota Center, the Verizon Wireless Theater, or The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts. Every such concert I've ever heard about on Houston PBS has been a full-blown concert with tickets not exclusively for PBS, but with "preferred" seating (or so they say) for those PBS ticket buyers. I think the Chicago concert in October is a local PBS exclusive because they premiered the show when its appeal was untested, and Clay agreed to a special incentive. I would still think that Clay would play another T&T concert open to the public in Chicago with reasonably priced tickets at a larger venue.

My head is full of stars.

ETA: I think the Clay & Ruben Show has been selling well enough to go right ahead with the big-deal T&T tour in concert halls with a nice traveling orchestra. No pick-up musicians from the union halls this time.

PinkArmchair answered a question about possible PBS pledge tickets (via the Conclayve):

Is it possible that it is like the Chicago concert?

No, I think this Miami date -- and others that will be revealed -- will be part of a regularly scheduled T&T tour. And yes, you'll probably be seeing these concerts being announced piecemeal by the stations near these venues, when they put their pledge premiums out there.

The difference between any spring T&T dates and the October Chicago show is that the spring shows will be existing concerts to which the stations will be acquiring heavily discounted blocs of tickets -- my station, OTOH, is having to pay for and guarantee the Chicago show entirely ourselves (since there was no tour scheduled at the time and the first broadcast needed to pledge well to get the show picked up everywhere else). That's why the ticket price is so much higher (plus it's probably a much smaller venue than most of the T&T dates). In case anyone was still wondering how this works.

I expect the tickets being pledged for the spring tour will go for much closer to a regular price (because the stations aren't taking on much risk). They'll probably be pretty good seats, too. But not the same thing as the Chicago show.