#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

Wheeeeeee, love the idea of concerts in February!

Maybe he will play Florida, Texas, Arizona, Nevada, California, et al., in February, and move north in March-April. Of course, it can get just as cold in March and Aril, but I'm wondering if these concerts may be a bit more spread out than the ones where he goes out for a month or six weeks. Maybe a series of Saturday night concerts to facilitate travel during the school term/work week.

:GM_FCA:

2 Days until Clay is on Talk Stoop!:yahoo:

3 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

6 Days until The Premiere of The Clay/Chaka Duet on Disney Radio!

:yahoo:

13 Days until The Premiere of Clay's Phineas & Ferb Episode!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good Morning everyone. Here is my morning remind nag.

Quoting and adding one more to the list as per Joy2talk2U

First Viewings on July 31, 2010

Sacramento - KVIE 6..........................................................................................7/31/10 at 9:30a - 8/6/10 at 8p....................................claylove

Rocky Mountain/Denver PBS (simulcast??)...................................................7/31/10 at 4p - 8/1/10 at 1130p....................................smz80219

Miami - WPBT 2 ............................................................................................... 7/31/10 7:30p.................................................................joy2talk2u

Tampa - WUSF-TV16 ......................................................................................... 7/31/10 7:30p...............................................................curiousgladys

Atlanta - WPBA (30).............................................................................................7/31/10..8:00 & 9:30pm

New Orleans - WYES-TV 12...............................................................................7/31/10 9 p.m

Nebraska Educational Telecommunications - statewide simulcast............7/31/10 - 6:30 pm..........................................................smileaday

Charlotte - WTVI 42...................................................................................................7/31/10 - 4:30pm & 8pm..........................................Silky & Shenwren

Columbus - WOSU-TV 34....................................................................................7/31/10 - 10:00 pm.................................................TayforClay (might have an issue here)

Lexington - WLJT 11..........................................................................................7/31/10 - 7 p.m

Thank you to those who have offered to cap, we are hoping that we might get promos leading up to the viewing also. We only have one capper per station that is covered. There are THREE stations that have no cappers. If you know of anyone Friend/Family that can record in any of these places. If you post at any other boards that might have people willing to help, we can use all the help we can get.

I know aikim is leaving soon for Asheville, don't know about anyone else. We are leaving Friday after Mr. Fear's ortho appointment. I wish I could have planned a get together but it sounds like the town rolls up the carpet at 11. I'm concerned there might be a bus line and all plans would be dropped. I'll be looking for you all at the concert. :hello:

Safe travels to those heading to Asheville. I hope the weather is good at least on Friday night. There's a lot of things going on in Asheville and surrounding cities.

Have a wonderful day!

I know aikim is leaving soon for Asheville, don't know about anyone else. We are leaving Friday after Mr. Fear's ortho appointment. I wish I could have planned a get together but it sounds like the town rolls up the carpet at 11. I'm concerned there might be a bus line and all plans would be dropped. I'll be looking for you all at the concert. :hello:

Safe travels to those heading to Asheville. I hope the weather is good at least on Friday night. There's a lot of things going on in Asheville and surrounding cities.

Have a wonderful day!

We are leaving in 15 and 1/2 hours (not that I am counting or anything, LOL!). I really am not expecting a bus line...I think that was fun during the last tour...but since this is a Clay/Ruben tour I am guessing not. Course, I could be wrong.

Kim

jmh123, have you received any more information from OFC about the meet and greet yet? The original email said 'We will be sending specific instructions about the M&G closer to your show date.'

Hopefully 'closer' isn't 'soon' redefined :blink: LOL!! Dying to know what kind of set up it will be this time around.

:dancing3:

Unscheduled day off work, due to a power outage. My library was lit pretty well, due to a skylight, but my office was DARK. Plus, we couldn't do any WORK per se, because it's all computerized.

What shall I do?

OK, I'll probably be boring and do some grocery shopping, but I could watch clack too...

Choices, choices.

Have a wonderful day!

I will be leaving for Asheville on Thursday around noon. I hope to get to meet you and other FCA board members who are going.

I'm going to be leaving Friday morning! Hope that Google Maps is accurate when it says it takes 5.5/6 hours to get from where I live to Asheville. o_O

Off to read the thread... I have some catching up to do!

Desertrose, you must have a trip to get there. It'll take us about three hours. jmh, I guess it takes you a little longer. Is couchie coming to Asheville? I have such a bad memory and I am avoiding doing work at home. :whee:

I am flying in to Asheville on Thursday before the concert. It will only take 2 1/1 hours. Only thing is that it is on a small plane, even though I am flying Continental Airlines. The Asheville Airport can only handle certain size planes. It is a direct flight which is good. I will be meeting fans from Dallas. They are flying to Charlotte, and renting a car to drive 3 1/2 miles to Asheville. Wish me luck on that 40 people plane! It has two seats on one side and one seat on the other side. I am sitting on the side with one seat. The things we do for Clay!:fca:

Heading to bed...we are leaving early in the morning..safe travels to all those heading to Ashville...hope to see some of you there!

Kim

Maybe Ruben can teach Clay how to tweet :whistling-1:

Bwah!! I do wonder though if he'll ever check back with the Q&A at OFC or even blog again. :whistling-1:

On a more personal note, something I rarely do so please forgive me but I seem to need to vent this out somehow:

I am heartbroken today :( Since our separation it appears that my daughter has dropped out of high school and is back in the hospital due to alcohol/drug abuse. I only just found out and it came via correspondance with my attorney. Her father never even called me to tell me....any of it as it happened. I know there is nothing more I can do at this point. God, I feel so helpless. Sorry to interupt the tour celebration, but could you guys just keep her in your thoughts for me please. thx

eta- Safe travels to all!

I am leaving for Asheville by way of Raleigh tomorrow morning. I will get in at the Doubletree sometime on Thursday.

Treenuts, I know how helpless you feel. Strength be with you.

{{{treenuts}}} Hang in there

Yay and wheeeeeeeee to all the concert goers! yahoo.gif I am heading up to the annual Elvis festival this weekend. It sounds hokey but we love it and it's tradition. Have great seats to the main concert Saturday night, but have my blackberry charged and ready to go so I can keep up with the Clay happenings!

{{{{{{{treenuts}}}}}}}

citizentimes.com

Clay Aiken Talks About Returning to Asheville

July 21, 2010

Clay Aiken talks about returning to Asheville

Bruce C. Steele

Friday at the Biltmore Estate, you'll be seeing Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard. But you should be thinking Sonny & Cher.

"We both love '70s variety shows," Aiken said in a brief three-way telephone call on Tuesday. "We're an entity this summer: Ruben and Clay."

"I notice you put my name first," Studdard said with a laugh.

Friday is the kickoff for a three-week, 17-show coast-to-coast road trip that reunites the two top finishers from the second season of "American Idol." In case you've forgotten, Ruben won, but Clay sold more records.

Not that any of that matters now, seven years later. Times have changed, the guys have changed, and the songs they'll be singing have changed.

"We are going to be singing timeless material that we grew up listening to, that our mothers listened to around the house," Studdard said. "Everyone's going to have a good time."

"It was not our goal at all to do a show where one person sang and then the other person sang," Aiken said, perhaps unconsciously referring to the format of the annual "Idols Live" tour that trots out each season's "American Idol" top finishers.

"We're doing the whole show together," Aiken said.

The tour is a product of the two friends — they've been close ever since the show — finally being at the helm of their own careers. It's a nice change after some post-"Idol" years of dictated management, when "decisions were made in a vacuum — a vacuum that you're not even in," Aiken said.

"Obviously we had different experiences but similar circumstances," he said of their post-"Idol" ups and downs. "It takes a few years to get on your feet and make decisions for yourself."

One recent decision: Do more live shows. "I think Ruben and I both, while we like recording, are really live performers at heart," Aiken said.

"I've been performing since I was 10-11 years old," Studdard said. "I really like singing for my fans."

The material will be wide-ranging, drawing from both men's catalogs — including Aiken's new CD of pop standards, "Tried and True" — and adding fresh classics. "It's a variety show," Aiken said. "It's the spice of life."

Aiken is kicking off the tour in his home state, and he calls the Asheville area "probably one of the most beautiful parts of the state."

Growing up in Raleigh, he said, "We always went to the mountains on vacation. I sunburned too easily, so we didn't go to the beach."

Studdard grew up in Alabama. While both are Southerners, the singers agreed that their musical tastes reflected different traditions.

"I don't know that we overlap too much at all," Aiken said. "That's kind of what made this show fun."

"My taste is more caviar," Studdard added.

To which Aiken responded, "And mine is barbecue."

Additional FactsIF YOU GOWhat: Clay Aiken & Ruben Studdard in concert.

When: 8 p.m. Friday.

Where: The Biltmore Estate, South Terrace.

Tickets: $88-$105 at www.biltmore.com.