#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

I was just looking at the schedule of my local PBS station for next week, and the show that they having running right before Clay’s is something about 70s music with Marvin Hamlish. That doesn’t necessarily sound like my cup of tea, but it does fit in with the kind of stuff the local station seems to like to run during their pledge drives. So presumably, the classic and retro music shows play well with the pledging audience here, which I hope bodes good things for the success of TnT. (Clay should have gotten Andre Rieu to conduct for him – my mom probably would sign her pension over the PBS if he did that. LOL!)

I’ll definitely be calling in for the 10:00pm show, unless I decide to pledge online when the show initially airs for some unknown reason at 1:00pm when I’m at work. Which reminds me – my company will match my donation to PBS, as I’m sure many other employers will.

bottle... I know from what Pink said at CH that the stations like people to call in during the breaks to make it look like LOTS of people are pledging. Maybe, since your company matches, they wouldn't mind if you took a moment to call during the pledge breaks. Course how you're going to know when that is could be a problem. LOL

My ears are stopped up, which means sinus problems for me and I can't get into my doctor's office before the trip. Helpful girl there told me to go to a walk-in clinic. Like I have that kinda time... NOT. We'll see. Dang it... bad timing. I'll just ignore it, that's what I'll do! Nothing comes between me and Clay Aiken. Nothing!

Don't know about audio, but Scarlett's Clearwater clack is really good!

Kim

Is it complete, though? I see sections 1 of 3 and 2 of 3 -- but where is 3 of 3? Or do I need to piece the rest of the show together?

A sighting -- looks like Clay may be at the West Coast now. From Quiet1ne at the CH:

From Twitter:
almitra: Just overheard that Clay Aiken is at the KQED offices. Random.

7 minutes ago via web · Reply · View Tweet

KQED is the San Francisco PBS station.

couchie, now is your time to stalk him! LOL!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Tomorrow I will be jamming with my girls LdyJ and KF! Did I read Clay was in SF? Did I read that right? Do I need to go out in search of him?

I can't believe it's almost time. I am not spoiled. Well I know some of the song list but that's it. Why you ask? Because my laptop when KAPUT that's why. And my loaner laptop from my sister is this weird combination of old and new. It's way older than mine that died but it's pretty gutted so it's SO FAST. But it doesn't have a sound card LOL. So I can't see clack. I can't listen to clack. And I'm completely in the dark against my will.

Hey KF or LdyJ ...maybe you can bring a audio dvd for the drive?

Did I say weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Liney, email me and let me know where you're staying. I will have your roomie with me. And yes it would be nice if you can check the place out. They have a 24 hour cafe and I called. The manager was VERY nice but they don't take reservations because it's their busy night. But it sounded like we wouldn't have to wait all that long although we might be broken up in groups. Maybe you can talk to him and find out. Or maybe there's some other place in walking distance that we can go to instead. I like the after concert thingy. We don't need much..just a place to sit, drink, have appetizers etc.

Treenuts ..I don't know about tv listings but they did have the concert times on the website of KQED...channel 9. It better be on or I will go Clay Aiken fan on somebody!

I'd love to go to an after concert thing in Reno if it's at or near the Silver Legacy. I think Couchie has my cel# and I can PM it to anyone who wants it. Or you can email me or post here as I can get that info on my Droid. Two more days! eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

couchie, you are in for a treat!

Anyone else watching this PBS White House thing? Quite a varied line up of performers performing all Beatles songs. Paul opened the concert and is now sitting beside President Obama. I assume he is going to close the concert as well, as his band is still on stage performing with each singer. Yes, yes, I know it's taped, not live, but it's new to me! LOL

I'm kind of hoping to catch an ad for Clay's Tried & True but so far, no go. Tomorrow they are airing a special on the making of the Hoover Dam that looks interesting. I might have to watch it too! Hey FearOfH20, remember that day?

I meant to go to bed an hour ago, but I got sidetracked by watching some of Scarlett's Clack.

BTW, Jacksonville's Bring It on Home to Me is fantastic. I wasn't familiar with that song before, and now it's one of my favorites from the concert.

Anyway, I absolutely had to cap a little sequence from Clearwater's Marvin Gaye intro where Ruben says: "I know we not rockstars. I know we ain't Kiss. We ain't got our tongues hanging out."

Clay is then kind enough to demonstrate what it would look like if they did - as a shoutout to meeeeeeeee!!!11! :flirtysmile3:

Clear_MG_Tongue.jpg

Clear_MG_Tongue2.jpg

Clear_MG_Tongue3.jpg

If you're wondering where merrieeee got that eyef**k pic...from the CH:

luckiest, hubby and I watched the Paul McCartney thing tonight. It's a great show. What was interesting to me is that my husband and I toured that room of the White House about a week before that show was taped. It's NOT a large room. I'm going to guess that it's about the size of the room that Clay will be playing in Chicago in October. *g*

EEEEEEEE for that too.

But I'm leaving for San Francisco and Reno tomorrow! EEEEEEEEEE!

Asheville Meet and Greet Recap

ncgurrl

Due to a very generous invitation I was present at the Asheville charity meet & greet during the Timeless tour.

Generic instructions to meet at the box office were evidently sent by someone who did not know the Biltmore box office is three miles from the venue. Everyone tried to be helpful but it took a while to sort out the correct location of meeting at the house by the lions at 6:00 pm. Even that led to more hurry up and wait before Jerome showed up to lead us back stage. Off we went down the steps and across the ‘football’ field. For everyone else that was start, build up speed, remind Jerome there was a pokey one in the group (me and my cane), slow down and wait. Once we got to the white fence screening back stage the group was split. The charity group went first while the fan club group was directed to wait.

Once behind the barrier we were directed to wait in an area next to the food service section-- in the sun. The choice was to sit on a bench in the sun or stand in a scrap of shade by the perimeter fence behind the trash cans. I picked the bench because by then my aches had become pains. The location felt a bit intrusive because just a few feet away some of the cast and crew were eating and talking. Ruben, Felix and the guitarists were there. When Ruben came up to the food service area someone behind me asked him if they had a vegan meal for him. He noted that they had black-eyed pea cakes that were ok but what he wanted was the watermelon. Ruben asked if we wanted any but we declined Later Ruben brought us all ice cold bottles of water. Heaven.

Jerome took us up onto the stage for a look around. I was not impressed with the wood stairs as they were a bit steep. They did not look solid but were. The view of the seating area and house was impressive. The performance area, on the other hand, seemed tiny. We were led back down the stairs, me with the assistance of Jerome, and back to our hot spot to await Ruben and Clay. I again sat on the bench.

Ruben arrived first as he was still in the craft service area. He pulled up a small table and two chairs. After shaking hands, Ruben sat down directly in front of me. Clay walked in and shook hands and introduced himself to everyone. He then stood right by my shoulder. Next was the obligatory question of where we lived. I said Riverside, California which led to Clay and Ruben figuring out where that was. I told Ruben that if he was ever driving from LA to Las Vegas to visit the Wyn’s he could stop by my house for a vegetarian meal. Ruben hollered at Clay that there was another vegetarian in the house and asked me my favorite recipe. My mind went blank before blurting out Puerto Rican red rice and beans without the ham. The question of how many other shows we would be seeing led to Geekette’s reminder of “the city of Vermont” and Clay ragging on Felix.

Clay went into a little spiel about the two charities which led to me asking Ruben if he had an inclusion element in his music camps. He turned to Clay and said that was not something they had discussed but maybe should. He and Clay then talked about how that could be done. Someone mentioned funding it through a grant. When I said that sounded good, Mr. Snarky-pants asked me if I was on the grant committee. I told him no but if he helped write the grant it should get approval and if it did come about they name it Camp Linda. Clay responded “I don’t think so.” He then added maybe they could make me a certificate. Ruben did ask Clay if they did a camp session would Clay visit. It was a light conversation but maybe it planted a seed of an idea the two men can nourish.

The discussion went on from there. I was really impressed with the approachability of both Clay and Ruben. They drew people out and ran wherever the conversation was going. From Geekette’s recap you can see that both Ruben and Clay were quite chatty.

Others talked about different things, but I'm not really sure what. I know their foundations were talked about (they both thanked us for our support). More general chit chat and Clay mentioned not wanting Ruben to mess up tonight, and somehow the Aiken random lyric generator came up. Well Ruben liked that saying all right, while Clay said he'd never heard that expression before...heh.

One guest had the AI2 CD for Ruben to sign, and the guys exclaimed how that was so long ago, and sort of mumbled something about "spooky", I think. We finally got them to explain what they meant - Ruben's track was number one and Clay's was number two, and the CD was done well before the competition ended.

I had Clay and Ruben sign my walking cane.

Photo time was so casual that we had the opportunity to get photos of Ruben and Clay while we waited for the photographer to get set. I think the casualness led to a bit of overtime as I heard Clay and Jerome agree to tighten that part up for the other groups.

After the meet & greet we got out pick of a t-shirt or a tote bag. I took the bag and then bought a shirt. Team Clay was friendly and helpful. I just wish the weather had been as hospitable. It was beyond hot.

:GM_FCA:

4 Days until The Premiere of Phineas & Ferb!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

bc, would I expect anything else from you? Cracking up at that call out to you. :cryingwlaughter:

ncgurrl, glad your m&g went so well. I knew Clay was a great guy, glad to hear Ruben is as well. I guess this is a tribute to having family support as well as fan support. The looks everyone on the stage give to each other shows how much they appreciate each others' talent despite being so different. That is most definitely the reason this show is so successful. It gives you the warm fuzzy feeling for sure. :thbighug-1:

Watched some clack last night instead of doing that huge mound of laundry from our trip to Asheville. It is just great that we always have that reminder of the particular show we went to. A big Thank You to our videographers, photographers and audiographers as well as the recapers on all the boards.

Have a great day and safe travels to those heading out for the tour. :whee:

I am trying very hard not to watch alot of clack before my concert on the 5th. I did watch the 70 medley of both Jacksonville and Clearwater and I admit watching it more than I should of. He is just so adorable and yes he can dance!!

I am going to try and not watch anymore, I want to be somewhat surprised and I know that each concert has it own vibe.

AAAAARGH! My first flight is delayed! Fortunately, I got word of it before I left the house. And also fortunately...well, that's why I build in 3 hours waits between connecting flights (because it's now only a 2 hour wait!). LOL

I wish the Star Trek transporter was already invented and I could skip all this travel crap! I wanna see couchie and keepingfaith and treenuts and liney and claylove and whomever else I can see! Oh yeah, and those other two guys....

ncgurrl, thanks for the recap!

From moonhead at CV:

Updated list...

Tried & True Tour (tentative/rumored dates/locations):

Miami, FL - Feb. 11, 2011 The Adrienne Arsht Center (Ziff Ballet/Opera House capacity 2454 or Knight Concert Hall capacity 2166)

Cleveland, OH - Feb. 19, 2011 Palace Theatre (capacity 2714)

Greenville, SC - Feb. 24, 2011 The Peace Center (capacity 2100)

Long Island, NY - Feb. 26, 2011 Capital One Bank Theater at Westbury (capacity 2742)

Glenside, PA - Feb. 27, 2011 Keswick Theater (capacity 1300)

Memphis, TN

Sarasota FL

Orlando, FL

Atlanta, GA

Waukegan, IL

St. Louis, MO

Apparently the Glenside PA tickets are already on sale....

From Joy2Talk2U at CV:

JUST got this email...

ErinFirestone:

PBS39, serving Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey, will be airing the new Clay Aiken special on Sunday, August 1st at 9pm.

Viewers can call in and order CLAY AIKEN TICKETS to the February 27, 2011 show at the Keswick Theatre in Glenside, PA, BEFORE THEY GO ON SALE TO THE PUBLIC, by tuning in to PBS39 on August 1st at 9pm .

50 Tickets are available in the first 10 rows, and will go fast! 26 VIP Meet and Greet tickets available...and will go lightening fast!

Can't wait to get your tickets on Sunday? Not a problem...beat the rush and log on to http://www.wlvt.org/tickets.htm and order your tickets today!

Question? Please call PBS39 Membership services M-F, 9am-5pm at 610.984.8100.

Apparently $125 for the VIP Meet and Greet tickets.....that's cheap!

ldyj, hope your flight takes off soon! Are you heading out for tonight's concert, or for Reno?

There are some nice pics here! I got a kick out of the first one:

Tweet

Photo review: Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/dailyloaf/2010/07/29/photo-review-clay-aiken-and-ruben-studdard-at-ruth-eckerd-hall/ #tampamusic

about 1 hour ago via web

Good luck, ldyj and safe travels to ALL! :hug: