#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

Some more details from Pink Armchair from the CH:

Thanks! And thanks, everyone, for the kind words. Major butterflies right now, but I think it'll be fine. I think the thing that excites me the most right now is the prospect of watching Clay film the intro scripts that I wrote. Surreal, for sure!

Just wanted to say: when you call, nobody will hear you or know where you're calling from. They don't play calls on the air. So, no worries. The hosts might say that calls are coming from all over, but nobody but the operator will know you're calling from the planet Krypton. *g*

Also, as the third break is the longest and calls sometimes tend to peter out then, please feel free to call during that one -- it's not necessary to try to get through during the first break. I'll try to keep you updated as to how it's going. Don't freak out if you're put on hold...there are 40+ operators and they WILL get to you.

Before it starts, I'll try to clarify what's on the CDs they're offering. I think the DVD has everything that people saw at the OMG taping, but as I haven't seen one, I'm not sure.

See you in the chat (www.wttw.com/clay) -- I sure hope there's no limit to the number of people who can participate...apparently I have to approve all the comments, but I'll try to be quick!

Thanks for the birthday wishes although I haven't been 12 or 13 for a good long time. But due to Clay, I sometimes feel 12 or 13, which is nice because the first time around they weren't so great.

Since I got my new computer, I had to reload my Clay cd's on it so I've been listening to all of them again. And as much as I love his other cd's (especially OMWH), and his voice on them, I feel that with this cd there is such a perfect match between his voice and the songs themselves. It's like they were made for each other. I keep going back to what Perma said over at CV. She said that Clay does pop very well, as well as many other genre's, but there are other singers out there (although not too many current ones) who can also do pop well. Clay is almost the only singer out there who can do songs like the ones on TnT well. And the people behind this have really done a wonderful job of showcasing just how special Clay's voice is rather than trying to make him sound like so many others out there. I am extremely grateful to Decca and Dave Novak and all of those who have helped and supported Clay with this project.

I so wish I could be around tonight for the reports but unfortunately work calls and I will be sitting in uncomfortable bleachers, eating overdone hamburgers, watching a baseball game that I don't give a crap about. Have fun. I'll be thinking about it and can't wait to read the reports. Hopefully by tomorrow we'll have dl's of the pledge breaks so I can see that cute singer man again.

I've had the Deluxe TnT for about a week, and I just now got around to watching Build Me Up Buttercup.

For the love of Pete, what took me so long to watch that awesome bit of deadly CUTENESS?!?11!

Talk about MADE OF AWESOME!

PBS_BC3.jpg

The Stanley Cup and this guy ^^^ all in one week? Chicago is a very lucky town. aikim, you are so going to love love love this show!

Love the blog and and I was happy to see him acknowledge all the fans...sometimes those of us who can't go to a lot of concerts or the Galas or couldn't make the PBS Special wonder if he really knows how many of us are supporting him at home or just by buying CD's...guess her does!

2 and 1/2 hours to go...everyone say a prayer that the thunderstorms moving in right now hurry through...I will not be happy if my satellite gets knocked out by rain!

Kim

From Pink at the CH:

REVISED PBS BREAK TIMES FOR TONIGHT

These have shifted slightly. I wanted you to have the most accurate ones:

Break #1: 7:16-7:24 pm CDT

Break #2: 7:43-7:53 pm CDT

Break #3: 8:13-8:25 pm CDT

Thanks!

Thanks...I was just coming over to post that here. Thanks, everyone! (I'm sitting in the pledge studio waiting for him right now...yikes!)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Thank you so much for all you've done with this.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Two things right now ....

1. That blog is my favorite of all time. I'm just mush for him and can't wait to send PBS some money in his honor tonight. Not as much as I would like, but enough to satisfy me. Here's to all the former NJU's, like me. *clink*

2. To CT and LJ, my insurmountable obstacles have vanished in the haze of the Texas sun. I'm back on, BAYBEE! Now, I did cancel my reservation at the Silver Legacy (and they wanted to make sure I wasn't cancelling to reserve at the promo rate, so I don't feel like I can do that, in good conscience.) Does anyone have an extra bed, or can I team up with someone to share a new reservation? I don't need a whole room for my lonesome. But that's not something I need to worry about today, is it!

I AM ECSTATIC. Because of everything.

PinkIs the only way to pledge via credit card..will they take a check?

Kim

Two things right now ....

1. That blog is my favorite of all time. I'm just mush for him and can't wait to send PBS some money in his honor tonight. Not as much as I would like, but enough to satisfy me. Here's to all the former NJU's, like me. *clink*

I'll raise my glass to you as well -- for Clay.

2. To CT and LJ, my insurmountable obstacles have vanished in the haze of the Texas sun. I'm back on, BAYBEE! Now, I did cancel my reservation at the Silver Legacy (and they wanted to make sure I wasn't cancelling to reserve at the promo rate, so I don't feel like I can do that, in good conscience.) Does anyone have an extra bed, or can I team up with someone to share a new reservation? I don't need a whole room for my lonesome. But that's not something I need to worry about today, is it!

I AM ECSTATIC. Because of everything.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *snoopy happy dance of joy* I'll have to talk to couchie, but I think we have room for you!

One more hour! It was so neat to see "Clay Aiken: Tried and True" on my satellite guide!

Got my video tape ready to go (I know, we are little behind the times) and a notebook so I don't miss anything!

Kim

From the WTTW chat:

starfishy: from twitter: "OMG! OMG! OMG! Linda Eder is singing w/ Clay Aiken on his concert special!!!! They are dueting on the Orbinson/Lang version of CRYIN'...!!!!"

Cool.

I tried to post on the WTTW chat for cindy, etc...but it didn't seem to go through.

For CANADIANS,

I was able to pledge online about an hour ago for a DVD. It balked at the zipcode at first but then when I clicked resend, it kicked to a page with every country on the planet on it. I got a confirmation number and everything!

I ended up calling. The cell call probably cost more than my pledge, lol. And what do you know - I got someone I know on the phone . :blink:

Heheh and now I see the odds of that were actually pretty good.

I'm just catching up after a busy day....thrilled to hear that the PBS airing is going well, and love the blog! What a sweetheart he is. So there are fans manning the phones in Chicago? That's interesting.

From Pink:

Tell everyone I'm sorry I couldn't wedge anybody else in here!

I guess it's a limited number for the chat.

Duh. I could have driven to Chicago to be a "volunteer." How stupid am I?

Oh well, I have my concert ticket, I'm happy.