July - September 2010

citizentimes.com

Clay Aiken Talks About Returning to Asheville

July 21, 2010

Clay Aiken talks about returning to Asheville

Bruce C. Steele

Friday at the Biltmore Estate, you'll be seeing Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard. But you should be thinking Sonny & Cher.

"We both love '70s variety shows," Aiken said in a brief three-way telephone call on Tuesday. "We're an entity this summer: Ruben and Clay."

"I notice you put my name first," Studdard said with a laugh.

Friday is the kickoff for a three-week, 17-show coast-to-coast road trip that reunites the two top finishers from the second season of "American Idol." In case you've forgotten, Ruben won, but Clay sold more records.

Not that any of that matters now, seven years later. Times have changed, the guys have changed, and the songs they'll be singing have changed.

"We are going to be singing timeless material that we grew up listening to, that our mothers listened to around the house," Studdard said. "Everyone's going to have a good time."

"It was not our goal at all to do a show where one person sang and then the other person sang," Aiken said, perhaps unconsciously referring to the format of the annual "Idols Live" tour that trots out each season's "American Idol" top finishers.

"We're doing the whole show together," Aiken said.

The tour is a product of the two friends — they've been close ever since the show — finally being at the helm of their own careers. It's a nice change after some post-"Idol" years of dictated management, when "decisions were made in a vacuum — a vacuum that you're not even in," Aiken said.

"Obviously we had different experiences but similar circumstances," he said of their post-"Idol" ups and downs. "It takes a few years to get on your feet and make decisions for yourself."

One recent decision: Do more live shows. "I think Ruben and I both, while we like recording, are really live performers at heart," Aiken said.

"I've been performing since I was 10-11 years old," Studdard said. "I really like singing for my fans."

The material will be wide-ranging, drawing from both men's catalogs — including Aiken's new CD of pop standards, "Tried and True" — and adding fresh classics. "It's a variety show," Aiken said. "It's the spice of life."

Aiken is kicking off the tour in his home state, and he calls the Asheville area "probably one of the most beautiful parts of the state."

Growing up in Raleigh, he said, "We always went to the mountains on vacation. I sunburned too easily, so we didn't go to the beach."

Studdard grew up in Alabama. While both are Southerners, the singers agreed that their musical tastes reflected different traditions.

"I don't know that we overlap too much at all," Aiken said. "That's kind of what made this show fun."

"My taste is more caviar," Studdard added.

To which Aiken responded, "And mine is barbecue."

Additional FactsIF YOU GOWhat: Clay Aiken & Ruben Studdard in concert.

When: 8 p.m. Friday.

Where: The Biltmore Estate, South Terrace.

Tickets: $88-$105 at www.biltmore.com.

metromix.com

Clay AIken and Ruben Studdard Q&A

Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard Q&A

'American Idol' season two stars team up for 'Timeless Tour'

By Jennifer Sangalang

The details

What: Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard

When: 3 p.m. Sunday

Where: King Center for the Performing Arts, 3865 N. Wickham Road, Melbourne

Cost: $38.50 to $48.50 plus handling

Call: 321-242-2219 or visit www.kingcenter.com

Expect a lot of playful banter between Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard. The season 2 "American Idol" stars will team up for Sunday's show at the King Center in Melbourne.

Even in a short question-and-answer session, it's hard not to notice their mutual affection. The pair even finished each other's sentences . . . with quips and brotherly love.

QUESTION: Clay, you and Ruben are back together, but this time not competing against each other on a TV show. How is your experience touring together different from "Idol"?

Aiken: We're still competing!

Studdard: Every day. Yesterday we played basketball . . .

Aiken: I won!

Studdard: And, of course, I won.

Aiken: I won! We jokingly compete a lot.

Studdard: You can't compete with music.

Q: Why haven't you toured together before?

Aiken: (laughing) I don't really like him. . . . We've both been busy with our own stuff. Ruben's had albums. I've had albums.

Studdard: That's Spanish for, "We're getting old."

Q: There are famous duos, like Abbott and Costello, Bert and Ernie. Where do you two fit in?

Studdard: I'm going to stick with yours — Bert and Ernie. That was good. That was perfect.

Q: Which one's Bert; which one's Ernie?

Aiken: I am organized, and Ruben is an artist.

Studdard: I'm very laid back . . . so Ernie.

Q: Clay, you were in "Spamalot." Any other plans for the stage?

Aiken: I don't have plans for anything. I just kind of let stuff happen. I'm enjoying the tour right now. Who knows, maybe Ruben and I will do this again. In Vegas.

Q: Do you still have Claymates? Teens and grandmas still scream when you come out on stage?

Aiken: I don't know. I don't keep count or anything. We gotta name the Ruben Studdard fans.

Studdard: They're the "Ruben Nation."

Aiken: "The Ruben Nation." I like that.

Q: You went through a lot together. Competing on "Idol" eight years ago. Clay, you became a father. Ruben, you got married. A lot of life changes for you. Where do you see yourself in another eight years?

Aiken: Probably married to each other.

Contact Sangalang at 321-242-3630 or jsangalang@floridatoday.com.

©2010 Metromix.com

ocregister.com

Ruben Studdard & Clay AIken: Primed for Vegas

Ruben Studdard & Clay Aiken: primed for Vegas

By BEN WENER2010-08-02 21:58:58l6k8kr-b78670453z.120100802215859000gb5pmil4.1.jpg

It isn't as though the careers of

Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken have stalled, despite the modest turnout for the pair's performance Sunday evening at Club Nokia in the downtown L.A. Live complex.

The winner and runner-up of American Idol's second season (2003) have both maintained solid record sales and noteworthy philanthropy while simultaneously diversifying their portfolios. Studdard, for starters, earned positive notices for playing Fats Waller in a recent touring revival of the 1978 musical Ain't Misbehavin', while also garnering strong reviews (including a B+ from Entertainment Weekly) for his fourth album, last year's Jam & Lewis-produced Love Is. After years of seeming stiff on stage and in front of cameras -- a marvelous voice unmatched by a compelling personality -- the Velvet Teddy Bear has developed into an easygoing charmer whose appeal still has untapped potential to expand beyond his core R&B demographic.

Aiken, meanwhile, has remained one of Idol's most recognizable icons, arguably more famous for who he is than what he's done. As well-received as was his Broadway turn as Sir Robin in Spamalot, and no matter what kudos he racks up for his records (including his new, Johnny Mathis-esque standards collection, for venerable Decca Records), he's now just as widely known for coming out about his sexuality ... and at roughly the same time as the self-unveiled revelation that he had fathered a son with Jaymes Foster, sister of songwriter and producer David Foster, who had helmed three of Aiken's albums for RCA.

An only slightly old-fashioned Southern gentleman with natural comic timing, Aiken has further bolstered his reputation via memorably funny television appearances, especially as a frequent guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Methinks he envies the host: quick-witted but ever-sweet Aiken would be perfect for a revamp mash-up of The Mike Douglas Show and The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

Unlike so many other Idol-related talents -- not counting established superstars like Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry and Kelly Clarkson, the latter of whom was in attendance Sunday night -- there's no telling what Aiken and Studdard might do as the years trudge on; acting is probably more likely than career-jolting albums or tours at this point, though I can't help but think what wonders it would do for Aiken were he to score an opening slot on, say, a Michael Bublé outing.

All the same, next time these genial fellows suspect their careers might be approaching low ebbs, they might consider pitching their current Timeless Tour to Las Vegas bigwigs as a semi-permanent throwback production. Club Nokia might as well have been a showgirl-studded ballroom at the Stardust in the '70s Sunday night. Spruce up this two-hour trip through time with some modern razzle-dazzle, inject the arrangements (not the gags) with a bit more personality, and the whole thing could kill with musty blue hairs and partying twentysomethings alike.

That's largely because The Ruben & Clay Show doesn't focus on either performer's material at all -- it's instead a nostalgic, hit-stuffed spree from the '60s through the '90s, complete with mega-medleys for each decade that ran longer than each singer's solo spotlights. Frankly, it's precisely the sort of memory-lane stroll, thick with satisfying covers, that would have packed arenas full of Idol lovers in the months immediately after Ruben bested Clay by a still-disputed 130,000 votes.

"This is something we've talked about doing for a long time," Aiken said at the outset, just after the two men clowned around in the opening number, upstaging one another as the tune switched from one Idol-finale anthem (Studdard's "Flying without Wings") to another (Aiken's "This Is the Night"), then riffing humorously on the apparent incongruence of a soul star who digs Al Green and the Temptations performing alongside someone who evokes the spirit of Andy Williams.

"Ruben, it's really a blessing to have you open for me," Aiken then mentioned.

"I don't think that's what's happening here," the big man replied.

"Well, you came out first."

"No, Clay, I think you came out first."

It was shticky asides like that exchange that kept people giggling between the covers. And make no mistake, after that introductory moment there wasn't anything else in this set that wasn't a redo.

Each vocalist shined on his own: in addition to nailing the sky-high notes on Orleans' "Still the One" and (in the Seventies Medley) Boston's "More Than a Feeling," Aiken capably handled Elvis' "Suspicious Minds" andManilow's "Mandy," while Studdard expertly summoned the grit of Otis Redding (for "Bring It on Home to Me") and the effortless glide of Marvin Gaye (on a silken segue from "Mercy Mercy Me" into "What's Going On") before impressing as usual with his nuanced, Luther Vandross-informed reading of Leon Russell's "Superstar."

Yet, along with plenty of playful ribbing (too often accompanied by ba-dum-bum rimshots) and some goofy skits (one involving Studdard as a money-hungry televangelist, another that put Aiken in ridiculous MC Hammer pants), it was the mammoth run-on medleys (see the setlist below) that really set this feel-good bit of showbiz in the heart of Sin City.

With choreographed pacing that also involved their two backing vocalists -- blond Casey Thompson(pedestrian on Aretha's "Natural Woman" but a very fine harmonizing duet partner for both stars) and voluptuous Quiana Parler (ordinary on Chaka Khan's "I'm Every Woman" but better on Donna Summer's "On the Radio" and surprisingly forceful for Alanis' "You Oughta Know") -- Aiken and Studdard steamrolled gleefully through material both expectedly glossy and uncharacteristic. The Motown gems suited the latter as much as the power ballads of Chicago and REO Speedwagon were tailored for the former, but what I can't shake is the sight of Aiken kicking off Sir Mix-a-Lot's "Baby Got Back" or both of them kicking up their heels for Bell Biv DeVoe's "Poison" and New Kids on the Block's "The Right Stuff."

Trust me, I know how cheesy it all sounds, and I'm not suggesting this was a concert-going high. But as salutes to the past go, you can quickly find a whole lot worse.

It's such a schmaltzy conception that I often found myself wanting these two to give me a reason to loathe their performance -- except that I kept enjoying myself. Loosely silly as their show is, it's also unabashedly joyful, and above all smoothly executed ... a simple entertainment that could have legs if given half a chance and a bigger budget ... a kinda-corny, kinda-cute variety show ...

"You know, like Donny & Marie," Clay pointed out Sunday. "One was a little bit country, one was a little bit rock 'n' roll."

"Or like Peaches & Herb," Studdard added. "One was a fruit, the other was an herb."

"Just like us," Clay retorted.

Setlist: Ruben Studdard & Clay Aiken at Club Nokia, Los Angeles, Aug. 1, 2010

Intro: Flying without Wings (Ruben) crossed with This Is the Night (Clay) / Suspicious Minds (Clay) / Bring It on Home to Me (Ruben) / Sixties Medley: In the Midnight Hour > Up on the Roof > Someday We'll Be Together > Going Out of My Head > You Can't Hurry Love > Happy Together > I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) > Cryin' > Soul Man > Wouldn't It Be Nice > Shotgun > Sugar, Sugar > Just One Look > Harper Valley PTA > Ain't Too Proud to Beg > Ain't No Mountain High Enough // (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (Casey Thompson sings) / Still the One (Clay) / Mercy Mercy Me > What's Going On (Ruben) / Seventies Medley: Night Fever > Ain't No Stopping Us Now > December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night) > Oh Girl > On the Radio > Turn the Beat Around > Sex Machine > Don't Go Breaking My Heart > More Than a Feeling > September // Mandy (Clay) / Superstar (Ruben) / I'm Every Woman (Quiana Parler sings) / Televangelist skit ending in When I See You Smile (Clay) / Eighties Medley: Eye of the Tiger > Rhythm of the Night > The Glory of Love > Shout > Africa > I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore > Through the Fire > All Night Long > If This Is It > Alone > Caribbean Queen > Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now > Footloose // Everything I Do (I Do It for You) (Ruben) / Nineties Medley: This Is How We Do It > Poison > Achy Breaky Heart > The Right Stuff > MMMBop > End of the Road > I Swear > I Want It That Way > Remember the Time > You Oughta Know > Jump Around > Baby Got Back > Livin' La Vida Loca > One Sweet Day // (I've Had) The Time of My Life

Photo by Armando Brown, for The Orange County Register.

lancasteronline.com

Once "Idols", Now Friends

Once 'Idols,' now friends

Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard join forces for tour

By JON FERGUSON, Staff Writer

Seven years after squaring off against each other on the second season of "American Idol," Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard are again sharing the same stage.

The two singers will bring their "Timeless" tour to the American Music Theatre Sunday night.

It's the first time they've toured together and Aiken says they'll be performing songs from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s. He says they have an 85-song set list to choose from.

"If people name two or three big songs from any one of those decades, chances are we're doing at least one of them," Aiken says from his tour bus while it travels through Wisconsin.

Aiken, 31, says he and Studdard, who won the "American Idol" competition that year, share the stage about 85 percent of the time during the show and do a lot of singing together.

"Occasionally, we'll take a break and let the other person sing a solo song so the other person can rest or wipe the sweat off his face," Aiken says.

The North Carolina native says he hasn't watched "American Idol" for the past five years, though he and Studdard remain friends and have always stayed in touch.

"Ruben and I have talked for several years actually about wanting to do something together," he says. "We hadn't performed together or sung together since we were on 'Idol.' It was something that we talked about wanting to do and kept putting it off because of his obligations, my obligations or just pure laziness. Finally, we decided to stop talking about it and just do it."

Though Studdard topped Aiken on "American Idol," Aiken has enjoyed more commercial success during their post--"Idol" careers.

Buoyed by enthusiastic fans called Claymates, Aiken's debut album, "Measure of a Man" (2003), went on to sell almost three millions copies.

He released a Christmas album the following year that sold over a million copies.

However, he hasn't been able to sustain those numbers and his 2008 album, "On My Way Here," sold about 150,000 copies.

His latest album, "Tried and True," was released in June and features popular songs like "Crying," "Moon River," "Misty," "Unchained Melody" (which he sang on "Idol") and "Suspicious Minds."

"These are songs that are so wonderfully written -- great standards, almost -- that it was easy for me to settle in with them," he says. "I've heard them my whole life."

Except for "Suspicious Minds," Aiken says he won't be singing songs from the album during his tour with Studdard. He says they agreed not to use the tour as an opportunity to promote their solo albums. (Studdard's fourth album, "Love Is," produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, was released in May 2009.)

Aiken says he will tour behind the album in the winter.

During his career, Aiken had been dogged by questions about his sexuality. Rumors persisted that he was gay, though Aiken for years denied it.

In 2008, Aiken disclosed in an interview with People magazine that he is gay.

"I think it's probably been relatively neutral," Aiken says when asked how the disclosure has affected his career. "Obviously, there were some people who weren't thrilled with it. But, at the same time, it allows me to be more comfortable with myself and be more open. It makes it easier to perform and I think people see that and gravitate toward it."

ClayAikenTTsmaller.jpg

windsorstar.com

Ex-Idols Entertain with Smart, Tasteful Show

Ex-Idols entertain with smart, tasteful show

By Ted Shaw, The Windsor Star

August 6, 2010

While neither could be called an American idol, Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken showed Thursday at Caesars Windsor's Colosseum how they won the hearts and votes of millions who watched them compete in 2003.

They were rivals back in the second season of American Idol, when Studdard took top spot and Aiken was right behind. Now they're singing side-by-side on a 17-city North American tour called Timeless.

Taking a cue from 1960s TV variety shows, the two teased and joked with each other in a well-rehearsed revue that covered four decades of popular music.

Pretending to still hold grudges from the American Idol contest, they opened with hit singles they have each had since the show -- Studdard's Flying Without Wings and Aiken's This is the Night.

There were winks about Aiken's coming-out about his homosexuality in a People Magazine interview two years ago. The audience lapped it up. It was close to capacity, about 5,000, and surprisingly an older-than-you'd-expect audience.

But that made some of their musical choices smart and tasteful, particularly in the first half of the show.

Aiken was first out of the blocks with a cover of Elvis Presley's Suspicious Minds, backed by terrific vocalists, Qiana Parler and Casey Thompson. Parler and Aiken go back to the earliest days of American Idol -- they were performing together before signing up for the show in 2002.

Studdard was up next with Bring It On Home to Me, then they went into a 15-song medley of the 1960s, each taking leads. Studdard's In the Midnight Hour was followed by Aiken's Up On The Roof.

There were snippets of Motown, too, with the backup singers and Aiken slapping tambourines on their sides.

Clay's Still The One, the Orleans song, was a little out of place during this segment, but he did a bang-up job of it.

The highlight was Studdard's moving performances of two Marvin Gaye songs -- Mercy Mercy Me and What's Goin' On. Three medleys from succeeding decades followed, each less interesting than the last. The '90s medley near the show's end was, unfortunately, a real downer.

Studdard and Aiken work seamlessly together -- both have musical stage acting in their backgrounds, and it pays off during the banter between songs.

This is a concept that could easily be translated to the small screen -- maybe it's time to revive weekly variety television.

© Copyright © The Windsor Star

goErie.com

"Idol" Singing Stars Perform in Erie Region

Published: August 06. 2010 12:01AM

'Idol' singing stars perform in Erie region

By DAVE RICHARDS - ERIE TIMES-NEWS

Call it an ideal confluence of idols: Four notable "American Idol" stars will perform in the Erie area in the next five

days.

Ruben Studdard, the 2003 champ, and Clay Aiken -- the contestant he edged out in a memorable finale -- bring their surprising joint tour to the amphitheater at Chautauqua Institution tonight.

Meanwhile, flamboyant, big-voiced 2009 runner-up Adam Lambert takes his Glam Nation tour into the Warner Theatre Tuesday, where he will perform before a sold-out audience.

Opening for him will be Allison Iraheta, whose early departure in '09 surprised "Idol" judges. She wound up finishing fourth.

Aiken, in a phone interview, said he and Studdard became friends during the 2003 season and always wanted to tour together. Commitments -- including Broadway musicals -- prevented them from linking up until now.

Aiken played Sir Robin for a spell on Broadway's "Monty Python's Spamalot," while Studdard starred in the Broadway touring production of "Ain't Misbehavin,'" which played Erie in 2009.

When their schedules meshed, they decided to devise a fresh approach. Instead of performing separately, one after the other, they take the stage together for a night of duets and classics drawn from the 1960s through today.

"It's far more fun for us to be on stage together," Aiken said. "We wanted to do this because we enjoyed singing with each other when we did the show.

"I'd say we're both on stage about 85 percent of the time, maybe more. We sing together the whole time," he added.

Their 60s medley includes such titles as "You Can't Hurry Love," "In the Midnight Hour" and "Happy Together." They also dabble in songs by the Bee Gees, James Brown, Elton John and Earth, Wind & Fire in their 70s medley.

Studdard also does a Marvin Gaye tribute, while Aiken sings "Mandy" and "Suspicious Minds" by himself.

But what makes the show sparkle is the onstage interplay between Studdard and Aiken. They approach it like Martin & Lewis, bantering back and forth, often ad-libbing for maximum comic effect.

You can't fake that kind of chemistry. These guys actually like each other, even if they are total opposites. Studdard is big, black, straight, loose. Aiken is thin, white, gay and wound more tightly.

"We are opposites," Aiken said. "I don't know what the bond is. We just like each other's company. He's funny, pretty laid back and relaxed, which, I guess, balances out my high-strung uptightness. That's what makes it work."

He says the long ordeal of competing on "Idol" -- then in just its second season -- drew them closer. They went through it together.

"When we were on the show, I don't think anyone knew what would come out of it. We were both kind of guinea pigs, in some ways. Kelly Clarkson had already gone ahead, but it was not that big the first year.

"The second year, it exploded. I don't think people knew what to expect, so there was not as much pressure on us to be competitive. Maybe in subsequent years it was like that, because I don't think any contestants are as close as Ruben and I are."

Big changes are afoot for "Idol" in 2010 with Jennifer Lopez and Aerosmith's Steven Tyler reportedly joining as judges, leaving Randy Jackson as the only original one left. Aiken couldn't care less.

"I don't even pay attention to it," he said. "I haven't watched 'Idol' in about five years. I found my life has been just as fulfilling without it, so I don't really pay attention to all that."

newsobserver.com

Clay Aiken Gets Animated with "Phineas & Ferb"

Clay Aiken gets animated with "Phineas & Ferb"

Submitted by adriennj on 08/06/2010 - 08:45

You could argue that Clay Aiken has always been animated. Now he really is!

The singer appears on a special one-hour episode of the clever cartoon "Phineas & Ferb," (Disney Channel, tonight at 8 & 11) singing a duet with Chaka Khan called "I Believe We Can."

"Phineas & Ferb" is the story of two step brothers perpetually on summer vacation, who always embark on some grand project. Their sister Candace watches on angrily, but is never able to get their mom to catch them in the act. The two also have a platypus named Perry, a secret agent for an all-animal government organization that primarily takes on Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz, an evil scientist.

It sounds wacky, but, trust me, it works.

Clay's episode is about the brothers decision to travel around the world in a day. Clay and Chaka, through their song, offer encouragement.

Read more: http://blogs.newsobs...b#ixzz0wD1y7Rxg

syracuse.com

Clay AIken and Ruben Studdard Join Forces for Variety Show at Turning Stone

Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard join forces for variety show at Turning Stone

Published: Monday, August 09, 2010, 7:06 AM Updated: Monday, August 09, 2010, 11:45 AM

Mark Bialczak/The Post-Standard

ent-100809-clay-rubenjpg-749a7dfd0c5a123e_large.jpg

Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard will perform Thursday, Aug. 12 at Turning Stone. The last time Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard most famously shared a stage together, the big guy with the soulful voice won the season two "American Idol" title and the thin man with the pop chops was named runner-up.

Aiken and Studdard have remained good friends since that night in 2003 when Studdard narrowly earned more votes than Aiken out of the 24 million cast by viewers of the Fox TV show.

Many times when they talked, Aiken says during a phone interview before a show in Snoqualmie, Wash., they spoke of a common desire to go out on tour together.

Finally, they made it happen.

"We had been talking about it for several years, but we kept putting it off," says Aiken. "We said, 'Stop screwing around. Let's do it.'"

The theme that brought them together is a variety show they've titled "Timeless," a revue that allows both vocalists to perform their favorite classic songs from the past five decades.

Aiken says he and Studdard both loved variety shows when they were growing up. "Sonny and Cher. Donnie and Marie (Osmond)," he says. "We're both old souls."

The format allows the men to perform with a five-piece band and two back-up singers.

"It's a fun show," Aiken says, adding that the set list can change every night, to the point that one of the two can sing a song the other performed at the last stop if that's what they decide.

And yes, like the aforementioned variety-show duos, Aiken and Studdard spend some time singing together.

"It's a fun show," Aiken says. "I've been to Turning Stone before, and this is a great room for it. I think the show is unlike anything people have seen. It's fast-paced. It's funny. Well, we like to think it's funny."

Their songs together are more like a big medley, with them alternating the lead, he says.

When asked if he's got an opinion about who should replace judge Simon Cowell, arguably the most famous judge who's leaving "American Idol" before next season, Aiken says, "You've met the first person who doesn't care."

Does he watch "American Idol" at all?

"I watched once last year," he says, "because Ruben was on. I hadn't watched for five years before that."

Why?

"Watching was more stress than I needed," Aiken says. "Sometimes when you see how the sausage is made, you don't want to eat the sausage."

Mark Bialczak can be reached at 470-2175 or mbialczak@syracuse.com. He posts frequently at www.syracuse.com/entertainment.

The details

What: Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard in concert.

When: 8 p.m. Thursday.

Where: Turning Stone Resort and Casino Showroom, Verona.

Tickets: $60, $65, $75. Available at Showroom box office, Ticketmaster outlets, www.ticketmaster.com and by phone at 877-833-7469.

© 2010 syracuse.com. All rights reserved.