#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

I'm finally home after an epic four days I don't think I'll ever forget... even if I already can hardly remember them. (anybody who has ever had a meet & greet with Clay will understand). Both concerts were outstanding - truly the most entertaining experience of my fandom years, but I don't think I'll ever be able to top the magic that was the Windsor show for me. Due to some truly amazing circumstances I ended up being part of the charity meet and greets for both Windsor and Chautauqua.

I will admit to being pretty nervous about what they would say when we showed up twice, but both Clay and Ruben and the Team absolutely could not have been nicer. Cheryl (Clay's assistant) and Mariah (tour manager) took care of us at Windsor (Jerome was reportedly under the weather). Two friendlier, more charming and patient people we could not have asked for. Jerome was back for Chautauqua and he and Cheryl were, again, awesome. Clay and Ruben were both snarky and funny - it seemed like they spoke more to each other than to us in both cases (which was worth the price of admission all on its own!! These two are so clearly good friends it is a pleasure to watch them interact). I will try to write a better recap of it once I deprogram a bit - it's been a pretty overwhelming few days. I'm not sure I can say it better than I did the other day though - Best day in the history of every (x 2).

One shout out to the two ladies who shared our experience in Windsor. Since I don't know if they've posted about it I won't post names (until I catch up and then I'll edit) but they absolutely made it a better experience - both at the M&G and sharing the front row with them for the show. You ladies ROCK!!!

I got a new (used) camera the day of the Windsor concert and dove in with absolutely no clue how to use it and no time to learn, thus, about 10 of the 200+ photos I snapped at Chautauqua are keep-worthy. This is my first attempt ever at photos and I have an even deeper appreciation now for those who bring us the pretty time after time. This stuff is hard, y'all!

Probably my favourite

post-496-128131728957_thumb.jpg

Did anyone mention the stripey socks?

post-496-128131737789_thumb.jpg

These are the post-worthy few...

Such a cutie!

post-496-128131905462_thumb.jpg

Uncle Ruben telling Clay a story of the 70's

post-496-128131906894_thumb.jpg

post-496-128131907358_thumb.jpg

post-496-128131909322_thumb.jpg

It figures that my best photo op there was some kind of funky lighting making striped shadows across his face!

post-496-128131909313_thumb.jpg

post-496-128131911659_thumb.jpg

post-496-128131913015_thumb.jpg

Such a sweet smile

post-496-12813191458_thumb.jpg

Eyelashes!

post-496-128131917368_thumb.jpg

Fingers crossed that the mic is where it's supposed to be this time.:cryingwlaughter:

post-496-128131919451_thumb.jpg

Pastor Studdard. It's SO much easier to get decent photos of Ruben. Clay NEVER stands still.

post-496-128131934354_thumb.jpg

Be honest: Didn't you automatically tilt your head to the side and lean in when you looked at the first picture cindilu2 posted? :lipstick:

0806Chautauqua_02.jpg

*raises hand* Guilty!

:GM_FCA:

67 Days until The Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Leaving today to my sister's house, will be picked up by travel buddies early tomorrow for my first clay roadtrip, concert tomorrow night, wow can't believe it, we've been planning for so long!!! can't wait to see him in the flesh!!!! :04:

Everyone who is going this week -- safe travels, and have a great time.

luckiest, you write the best recaps! Will you send me one for Paul McCartney too?

cindi, congrats on the M&G's. Very nice pictures!

I'm debating whether to take my good camera to the show on Friday night. I've got 6th row seats in the center, which should be good. But I'm not too familiar with the camera, and don't want to be "busted." Also, I find that as much as I love photographic memories (and sharing those with my friends), I also really like to just enjoy the show and not worry about taking pictures. What to do?

Everyone who is going this week -- safe travels, and have a great time.

luckiest, you write the best recaps! Will you send me one for Paul McCartney too?

cindi, congrats on the M&G's. Very nice pictures!

I'm debating whether to take my good camera to the show on Friday night. I've got 6th row seats in the center, which should be good. But I'm not too familiar with the camera, and don't want to be "busted." Also, I find that as much as I love photographic memories (and sharing those with my friends), I also really like to just enjoy the show and not worry about taking pictures. What to do?

I am the same, I'm not willing to give up my enjoyment of the concert to take pictures! That is why I appreciate everyone who does!

Preden, have a blast!

Paul McCartney last night was amazing. It's hard to believe he is 68 years old, he has so much energy on stage. His voice is also still very strong. We were treated to Mull Of Kintyre with a full bagpipe band yet again,,,,so so lucky to live close to Toronto! Ldyj, I can email you more details if you are interested.

Via the OFC:

Tried and True Tour Dates

Tour dates have been posted for Clay’s “Tried and True” tour in conjunction with PBS to support “Clay Aiken: Tried and True – Live!”. Head to the Appearances page to see all of the current confirmed dates. We’ll be adding more dates as they are confirmed so stay tuned! Select PBS stations are currently offering tickets through their pledge drives so check with your local affiliate for details. Clay Official Fan Club pre-sales and general public on-sale information will be announced soon!

2/10/11 Miami, FL Arsht Center

02/11/11 Orlando, FL Hard Rock Live

02/12/11 Sarasota, FL Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall

02/14/11 Houston, TX Jones Hall

02/16/11 Atlanta, GA Cobb Center for the Arts

02/17/11 Knoxville, TN Tennessee Theatre

02/18/11 Pittsburgh, PA Carnegie Music Hall Homestead

02/19/11 Cleveland, OH Playhouse Square

02/22/11 Baltimore, MD Kraushaar Aud at Goucher College

02/23/11 Charlotte, NC Blumenthal Center for the Arts

02/24/11 Greenville, SC Peace Center for the Arts

02/27/11 Glenside, PA Keswick Theater

03/01/11 Cincinnati, OH Taft Theater

03/05/11 Minneapolis, MN State Theatre

03/07/11 Memphis, TN Minglewood Hall

03/08/11 Grand Prarie, TX Verizon GP

03/10/11 Mesa, AZ Mesa Arts Center

Lan_4.jpg

Anyone thinking about Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy with this picture? I sure am. It's adorable!

Either he's washing those socks out in the sink every night, or he has multi-pairs of the same ones.

Now what am I going to get my True Love for Valentine's Day? :flirtysmile3: I'm sure I'll think of something in the next six months.

I own those socks! Hee.

Houston on Valentine's Day? Geez. I think my husband might get a little upset with me if I went away for that day...sadly, it's also a bad time for me at work. Sorry merrieeee and kf -- I wish I could be there.! I'm still hoping for a Chicago/St. Louis combo at some point....

From the CH, via artquest:

notacanuck linked this over at CC. It looks to be the official poster for the TnT tour.
Tourdesign Creative

Clay Aiken print approved! http://yfrog.com/0g21mjj Order here -----> http://bit.ly/bgKJkN

Click on the image and it'll show up in true color. It's a huge file, high res.

I love the bit at the bottom that says "Out now." Who knew? *g*

Randy and Simon Who? Overheard an AI convo in a lounge at school today. They all agreed that the show hasn't been any good since the first couple of years. Everyone agreed that they need a new panel, but that even new judges probably wouldn't save them. There was no love for Kara or Randy, or even Ellen, who was judged out of her element. I really wonder if Idol isn't headed into the big slide. Heck, if the ratings start slipping, they may have to beg these guys back on to save the day. Maybe Clay will just let them fall off the ratings cliff and not look back.

ClayConcert-8tag.jpg