#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

On another note, I was looking for something on Newsweek's website yesterday, and found this:

The Case Against Celebrity Gossip

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'd like to know who Clay's dating, where he's at during a particular moment, etc. But, I don't go searching for it, and I certainly don't believe I have a personal stake in knowing these things. I've always known it in this fandom, but this article illustrates that other artists have the same kind of things going on.

Thanks ldyjocelyn for posting this article.

Unfortunately the cult of celebrity results in so much time spent being engaged in reading, watching and talking about celebrities that the important events happening in our countries go almost unnoticed.

Is there some back story to the Devin video? You have to remember that some of us only read here and this is the first time it's been mentioned. Is there speculation that Clay is the camera man? I don't think I hear him.

Don't know about the cameraman thing, but most definitely hear him harmonizing after about the 3 minute mark (on the original sideways version anyway)

Well I have to say that Devin has a very nice voice. I wonder if he and Clay sing together.

And how did this video surface? Was it posted on someone's Facebook?

From jclay at CV regarding a couple of tweets from the same person yesterday:

I was flying to Dallas from LA and he was meeting his kid and Jaymes Foster (Mom) at the gate. very random!

Clay Aiken was at the Dallas airport to pick up his kid! It's weird to get off a plane & see him.

Oh, yay, if true! Get back from tour to enjoy spending time with Parker. What could be better!

I posted this extreme understatement at CH:

Haven't posted yet about my Biloxi trip...which would not have been possible without my hostess/benefactress merrieeee. Thank you, sweetie. The Beau Rivage is an amazing facility. Beautiful lobbies, upscale shops, many restaurants...and a very comfortable, acoustically blessed theater. The food was terrific, as was the company...and I enjoyed the show even more than I expected to.

Can't wait to see TnT tour in 2011. Should be fantastic. Thanks to keepingfaith gifting me the CD, I've finally been able to listen to all the songs in highest quality and have enjoyed it so much! It was a pleasure to get to know desertrose better and let me tell you, I hope to be like her at some point in my future.

All in all, it was a most excellent trip with most excellent friends. :) And it wouldn't be a Clay party without the eHP and some other new and old friends. Crab legs for breakfast? Who knew! :)

Y'all, I can't really say how much this trip meant to me. Not only getting to see Clay...it was like a shot in my arm and a kick in my pants at the same time. Being around strong, confident women was very beneficial for me. Plus, hey, I got clued in to the mysteries of the 'triple vente' at Starbucks. LOL

Love y'all. Muah!

In response to the discussion about American Idol yesterday (with some very succinct and, in my opinion, accurate opinionating from keepingfaith), I bring you this:

jump_the_shark.jpg

Whee!!!!!!

On another note, I was looking for something on Newsweek's website yesterday, and found this:

The Case Against Celebrity Gossip

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'd like to know who Clay's dating, where he's at during a particular moment, etc. But, I don't go searching for it, and I certainly don't believe I have a personal stake in knowing these things. I've always known it in this fandom, but this article illustrates that other artists have the same kind of things going on.

Thanks ldyjocelyn for posting this article.

Unfortunately the cult of celebrity results in so much time spent being engaged in reading, watching and talking about celebrities that the important events happening in our countries go almost unnoticed.

Is there some back story to the Devin video? You have to remember that some of us only read here and this is the first time it's been mentioned. Is there speculation that Clay is the camera man? I don't think I hear him.

Don't know about the cameraman thing, but most definitely hear him harmonizing after about the 3 minute mark (on the original sideways version anyway)

Well I have to say that Devin has a very nice voice. I wonder if he and Clay sing together.

And how did this video surface? Was it posted on someone's Facebook?

It was taken off of Devin's Facebook..personally it always makes me uncomfortable when private pictures, etc. are taken off of Clay's friend's FB and posted all over the boards. I know nothing is really private, but it does seem intrusive to me. Totally do not get fans who have to be friends with anyone even remotely connected to Clay. I just wish there could be a little more respect for Clay's private life and his wishes...but I know in this fandom there is always going to be a sense of entitlement.

Again...not talking about anyone here...just a few fans who don't seem to have any idea of bounderies.

Kim

I don't go looking, but the Devin karaoke video is everywhere, surfacing this week, and no reason why it shouldn't have because it's so damn cute! I think things that are meant to be private are protected and stay that way, and I think this was not protected from getting out and I think it was "shared." Devin posted this with the title "Devin Drunk in a bar in Nevada" or something close to that, so most people are guessing it's from after hours in Reno since Ben and Casey are in camera view. And because Clay and Devin were not hiding when seen together by so many fans in Drinx bar after the show. I think it's the way Devin looks right into the cellphone camera when he sings, "Baby, No" after "Don't discard me just because you think I mean you harm" that has me believing he's directing his eyes to Clay. Several people have said absolutely that Clay is harmonizing and others are just as certain he isn't, I can definitely hear his voice a couple of times, but does anyone doubt that Clay is there? They were together pretty consistently in Reno, and everywhere else for that matter. Clay isn't hiding his relationship with Devin in any way. Devin posted a karaoke video last year of Killing Me Softly (With His Song), so he loves to sing and I think it's cool that he's dragging Clay out to have fun. I think everything is coming together for Clay, and I hope he's in love too! I'm in love with Devin's very sparse website: http://devinfinn.com -- that's the whole message of Devin and it warms my heart.

00lsee, I had the best time at the Beau Rivage. In fact, some weekends come and go and they are a blur and I don't remember anything about them on Monday morning. Last weekend seemed to last a full week because there was so much packed into those two days and every minute was memorable -- even the elevator rides. *g* And I want to be desertrose when I grow up -- just look at her in the clack dancing on the front row in front of Clay! Let's do it again, girls!

Oh, but I hope you're not making light of the triple venti sugar-free vanilla breve extra hot, because I am so dead serious about that, you know.

Guess I don't look in the right places, because even though I heard of the video I never saw it and am usually out of the loop when it comes to anything regarding Clay's personal life.

I know that Devin was on tour with Clay...saw him in Ashville and I am very happy that Clay feels so comfortable being seen with him and going out and having fun...I imagine he feels freer now than at any time in his life.

I know that there is no such thing as complete privacy on the internet and anything that gets posted is going to be leaked...still makes me uncomfortable...can't imagine living a life where everything you do is scrutinized.

Kim

I have been reading on the boards all the excitement about getting tickets to the Timeless Tour and while I am glad that fans have been getting great tickets I am feeling a little frustrated that there is still no official mention of any concerts on the west coast.

I have read here that PBS in San Francisco has sold tickets to a concert not yet announced but where did the information come from about a concert in Oregon and LA?

Sometimes being a Clay fan is like being on a roller coaster ride, right now I'm going down and I am not excited, screaming maybe but not a happy camper.

Lotus here... whining and venting...glad there is a place to do so. sigh!!

Maybe tomorrow will be better.

I know that there is no such thing as complete privacy on the internet and anything that gets posted is going to be leaked...still makes me uncomfortable...can't imagine living a life where everything you do is scrutinized.

Kim

Devin posted this about himself. He's a smart guy and he understands how Facebook works. People usually post things because they want them to be seen. That's my take on it. I'm sure he has plenty of videos not posted on the internet. And those are private and we won't ever see them. This video was FUN! I'm glad it was shared. And I'm so happy that Clay is this comfortable in his life right now. I think "a leak" is one of those methods by which things are shared rather anonymously, but not unintentionally. I believe that some leaks are meant to be, like the Pentagon Papers, the Wiki-Leaks ... and the Devin Finn karaoke!

I have been reading on the boards all the excitement about getting tickets to the Timeless Tour and while I am glad that fans have been getting great tickets I am feeling a little frustrated that there is still no official mention of any concerts on the west coast.

I have read here that PBS in San Francisco has sold tickets to a concert not yet announced but where did the information come from about a concert in Oregon and LA?

Sometimes being a Clay fan is like being on a roller coaster ride, right now I'm going down and I am not excited, screaming maybe but not a happy camper.

Lotus here... whining and venting...glad there is a place to do so. sigh!!

Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Lotus, I hope the west coast dates come through. From reading lots of recaps, I know Clay mentioned some possibilities in Timeless Tour M&G's. Also, people have been getting info from their PBS stations, some of which won't be showing the T&T LIVE special until later (Sept - Dec) dates. I know SueReu has her fingers crossed for the Portland, OR, possibility.

Thank you for your Carolina blog visits. Speaking of which, I added that the 20 Winter Tour dates are now listed at Pollstar, two of which have "live" Ticketmaster buttons -- Cincinnati and Minneapolis. :)

Have a great weekend, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

I've been giving some deep thought to the topics of the day, and what I've concluded after much research is that Clay is one of very few people who can be both hilarious and lickable at the same time. :flirtysmile3:

Thanks for the video of the banter/Ruben intro from Clay, kf! God he is a natural isn't he?! I miss him already :wub:

kf "Hey, I said that" wrote:

Let's do it again, girls!

Well I wasn't in Biloxi :cry4: but I can say after Reno that generally speaking.... :yeahthat::cocktail: :04:

In fact I like that so much I'm off to nominate it as a thread title. hee

tree... if you go, I will follow and roomie wit ya' agin. LOL

Awe, thanks, liney!! :hug:

I was worried I would snore or something and you would never speak to me again. LOL

eta - I love the "Drunk somehwere in Nevada" video. Over this past week I have watched it an obscene number of times. IMO it is Clay filming and definitly him laughing at one point as well as most definitly him harmonizing with Devin as he walks over to do so with whomever is behind the camera. In fact, it has become one of my favorite pieces of clack from this tour oddly enough :lipstick:

Thanks for the video of the banter/Ruben intro from Clay, kf! God he is a natural isn't he?! I miss him already :wub:

00lsee wrote:

Well I wasn't in Biloxi :cry4: but I can say after Reno that generally speaking.... :yeahthat::cocktail: :04:

Hey, I said that. And I meant every word. And you're one of the "girls," treenuts, my old Reno road trip buddy! It's been a great summer. I want more.

What am I going to eat now that they are recalling all the eggs? I guess I'll drink more triple ventis.

00lsee wrote:

Hey, I said that. And I meant every word. And you're one of the "girls," treenuts, my old Reno road trip buddy! It's been a great summer. I want more.

Hee! I was like, 'did I say that?' Glad you claimed it, but I second that emotion! Let's do it again!

tapdancing.gif

Well then, I guess I should watch the drunk Devin video again, this time maybe with headphones. ;) If Devin put it up on Facebook then I don't really have an issue with it. Although I must really be out of the loop, because the mention here is the first I've heard of it. cryingwlaughter.gif

I have my theory about the Idol Finale. I think Clay highjacked another one. He wasn't invited to the Finale, or if he was it was only to stand in line and sing hosannas to Simon with a group of also-rans who we don't remember the names of .... So he flew into LA very visibly. Was photographed at the airport. Was photographed at the bakery the next morning with Quiana. The internet is buzzing about Clay Aiken being in town for the Big Idol Finale -- The Simon Sendoff. The Finale was a predictable dud, and the next day the buzz is ... Where was Clay Aiken? Yep, he did it again! He's pretty damned good, because I think it's a positive achievement to fuck over the dark side! *g*

keeping... I'm not sure Clay cared enough to do that on purpose, but I agree with you that he did it, on purpose or not. Clay is kewl! So many interviews afterwards asked him why he wasn't there. haha!

I've been giving some deep thought to the topics of the day, and what I've concluded after much research is that Clay is one of very few people who can be both hilarious and lickable at the same time. :flirtysmile3:

jmh... Thread Title!!!

00lsee... I was so glad to read how great a time you had.

RL has been kicking my butt lately, but it should settle down just a tad now... well maybe not. I just signed up for a once a week class for the next 6 weeks and am already taking an online workshop till Sept 9. During Sept/Oct I am also going to be moving. In Oct, I'm going to Chicago to see Clay and family. I really have to stop finding these really interesting things to do... nah! I'll just have to cope with being excessively busy... LOL

jmh123, on 21 August 2010 - 01:13 PM, said:

I've been giving some deep thought to the topics of the day, and what I've concluded after much research is that Clay is one of very few people who can be both hilarious and lickable at the same time.

How about shortening this to Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time for a thread title? That covers it.

:GM_FCA:

53 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

55 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim