#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

:whistling-1:aikim, :friends: go get im. Remember from "Ashes": What doesn't kill you.

Talked to my "west coast" son last night who is in web development and design. His latest assignment is with an agency that specializes in Droople, a cool software tool or language (not sure which). He talked about his exhaustion at night because while you are working on a segment, you always have at least one other at bay and you have to remember to use at the right time.(My interpretation of what he does.) In a lot of jobs we tend to do things by rote and not expand our thinking. But when we have the opportunity to grow, the end result feels so good. Moral, I got a 10% raise yesterday. :twinklewhore:

Have a fantastic day, don't forget that Clay reappears on NC tv, in person, on 9-11. I'm so there.

Thanks vivs! I'm volunteering goldarngirl. ;)

FWW/TITN

Suspicious Minds - FearOfH20

Bring it on Home to Me (Ruben) - luckiest1

60s Medley - couchie

Natural Woman (Casey)

Still the One - luckiest1

Marvin Gaye Medley (Ruben)

70s Medley - keepingfaith

Mandy - ldyjocelyn

Superstar (Ruben)

I'm Every Woman (Quiana)

Baby, Stay With Me Tonight? (Ruben) - goldarngirl

LackofRhythmitis Banter (Ruben)

When I See You Smile

80s Medley - cindilu2

Everything I Do, I Do For You (Ruben)

90s Medley - vivs

I've Had the Time of my Life

Is this video or audio?

..... thanks

ToldforThis -- audio quality only. Hopefully luckiest won't mind me speaking for her, but what we're doing is downloading the video clips, but then LISTENING to them for audio quality. Once choices have been made (in previous years, most of us have picked our top 3 or so), then she rips the audio off. We then download to our iPods/mp3 players, and everyone is happy!

ToldforThis -- audio quality only. Hopefully luckiest won't mind me speaking for her, but what we're doing is downloading the video clips, but then LISTENING to them for audio quality. Once choices have been made (in previous years, most of us have picked our top 3 or so), then she rips the audio off. We then download to our iPods/mp3 players, and everyone is happy!

Thanks.

Is anyone going to do the "best of video"???? .... seems like I recall that being done for a previous tour.

From moonhead at the CH:

From FB:

Contrast Creative Facebook Page

just recorded a UNICEF public service announcement with Clay Aiken in our CC studio. He did not sing, but was incredibly down to earth. Will post a couple of photos.

The company is based in Cary, NC.

00lsee, that's a cool gif!

San Francisco, CA has been added to the "Tried & True" tour schedule on the Appearances page! The show will happen at the Regency Ballroom on March 12, 2011.

And there will be other concerts not yet announced! Oh I am so happy this morning. :yess::woohoo: :nana:

I took my 3 year old grand daughter to the Botanical Gardens 10 days ago. My daughter just called to say that she is still talking about the visit, that Nana knew the names of all the flowers (actually I don't) and that there were drangeas there.

Now that really made my day. And reading about the SF concert topped it off.

Here they are.

post-1718-128267538308_thumb.jpg

post-1718-128267540015_thumb.jpg

From the OFC (public side) for the California girls:

San Francisco, CA has been added to the "Tried & True" tour schedule on the Appearances page! The show will happen at the Regency Ballroom on March 12, 2011. Watch for a special Official Fan Club pre-sale for this show (along with the others that have not gone on pre-sale yet) in mid-September. Tickets for the San Francisco show go on sale to the public on October 3.

_____

Pictures...

45405_419983652130_322796832130_5263880_7081199_n.jpg

45059_419985882130_322796832130_5263913_379587_n.jpg

Lotus is fast, but I'm going to let my post stand, as it's on a new page...

I'll take the 60s KF. I'm an old school girl at heart.

Yes, take the 60's for Couchie Mama -- I know she'd love to listen to all the Sam Cooke and Marvin Gaye! You know, my favorite of the 60's medley is perhaps the shortest clip -- Doris Troy's Just One Look. It was probably my favorite song of 1963, right before I abandoned my existing life in 1964 for The Beatles, and my continuing quest to solve the Kennedy Assassination (because there was no Oswald in that 6th floor window). By 1965 I was back to loving my Motown and Jr. Walker's Shotgun was a huge favorite. Watching Clay do The Jerk so perfectly just hit on my heart. But, again, I've never stopped loving Just One Look, and it's one of the few songs I've actually ever sung to someone! I'm pretty sure I lived in Ruben's '60's. I didn't recognize much of Clay's. He sang good, though!

Just One Look - Original Atlantic Single 1963

I love this one also. Ruben's 60s were my 60s also. I wonder if Clay was really serious about his 60s or if it was just part of his shtick for the show? Clay would have killed with some of the songs Ruben sang. I did enjoy Ruben though. He sings like an angel.

:whistling-1:aikim, :friends: go get im. Remember from "Ashes": What doesn't kill you.

Talked to my "west coast" son last night who is in web development and design. His latest assignment is with an agency that specializes in Droople, a cool software tool or language (not sure which). He talked about his exhaustion at night because while you are working on a segment, you always have at least one other at bay and you have to remember to use at the right time.(My interpretation of what he does.) In a lot of jobs we tend to do things by rote and not expand our thinking. But when we have the opportunity to grow, the end result feels so good. Moral, I got a 10% raise yesterday. :twinklewhore:

Have a fantastic day, don't forget that Clay reappears on NC tv, in person, on 9-11. I'm so there.

Fear... CONGRATS!!! 10% is awesome in this day and age.

Made a large and small gif of dancing la vida loca. :)

bigger

Feel free to use wherever.

00lsee... I L.O.V.E. the bigger gif... man, those shoulders KILL! The Big Bird shirt not so much, but it doesn't stop me from watching over and over! Thanks!!!

Desertrose... I think it was part of this shtick for the show. I think he sang a couple of the 60s songs Ruben sang in the JBT, if I'm not mistaken and, of course, he killed. LOL

Here's what I've put together for the Tried & True tour so far:

• Thursday, 2/10 - Miami
  • Friday, 2/11 - Orlando
  • Saturday, 2/12 - Sarasota
  • Sunday, 2/13 - OPEN
  • Monday, 2/14 - Houston
  • Tuesday, 2/15 - OPEN
  • Wednesday, 2/16 - Atlanta
  • Thursday, 2/17 - Knoxville
  • Friday, 2/18 - Pittsburgh
  • Saturday, 2/19 - Cleveland
  • Sunday, 2/20 - OPEN
  • Monday, 2/21 - OPEN
  • Tuesday, 2/22 - Baltimore
  • Wednesday, 2/23 - Charlotte
  • Thursday, 2/24 - Greenville
  • Friday, 2/25 - OPEN
  • Saturday, 2/26 - Westbury
  • Sunday, 2/27 - Glenside
  • Monday, 2/28 - OPEN
  • Tuesday, 3/1 - Cincinnati
  • Wednesday, 3/2 - Ft. Wayne
  • Thursday, 3/3 - OPEN
  • Friday, 3/4 - Waukegan
  • Saturday, 3/5 - Minneapolis
  • Sunday, 3/6 - OPEN
  • Monday, 3/7 - Memphis
  • Tuesday, 3/8 - Dallas
  • Wednesday, 3/9 - OPEN
  • Thursday, 3/10 - Mesa
  • Friday, 3/11 - OPEN
  • Saturday, 3/12 - San Francisco

There are spots open on some prime nights to add more venues, and there may be dates before Miami and after San Francisco. My two "givens" (Houston and Dallas) are on a Monday in February and a Tuesday in March. I may have to look at a Friday or Saturday night somewhere on the road.

Desertrose and I are signed up to take pledges in Houston for the PBS Special on September 8th. Thanks to treenuts for the connection!

"Inhale" "Exhale"...I think it is working! :friends:

We use Druple with our staff web page at work...so far I like it!

Congrats on the raise!

Kim

I think the '60's was just Clay's shtick because he's sung some of those songs Ruben sang before. I did like the songs Ruben sang better during that part though and he did do a good job on those. But when it comes to listening to an entire song by Ruben, for some reason, I always get bored before he's done and want him to hurry up and finish. And I was really hoping that at the end of the tour, they would have switched songs and Clay would have sung the full Superstar. I have wanted to hear him sing that since AI Rewind.

Just sent my first two papers to the teacher...we have to read 10 articles on Libraries and send our reactions in for each...we have all semester to do them, but I think I am going to get them done ASAP...so two down and eight to go...I figure two a night and I should have them done in the next week. Not long papers..we only have to do a couple of paragraphs.

That was pretty easy!

Kim

Got my UNC-TV guide this afternoon. Clay cover.

th_Clay3img014.jpg

th_Clay1img012.jpg

th_Clay2img013.jpg

Ohhhhh, thank you, Fear. We certainly have had to wait long enough, LOL! :snoopy:

Hang in there, aikim! Educators have to keep their certification current with courses, workshops, etc. :friends:

First two days of music lessons about killed me. Wednesday is like a "brief weekend" for me. I start up again on Thursday, but no driving is involved. They come to me. :)

Have a great evening, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

Go Kim :bier: !

Caro, I hope you get in the groove soon. It must be a shock to start back again.

I read at CV that someone from UNCTV tweeted about us having the opportunity to meet Clay. Maybe we are going to be asked to volunteer for the showing. If I can ever stop coughing, I'd be all for that. :rocker:

I read at CV that someone from UNCTV tweeted about us having the opportunity to meet Clay. Maybe we are going to be asked to volunteer for the showing. If I can ever stop coughing, I'd be all for that. :rocker:

Fear, I'll forgive you if you're sick, but I posted that tweet about three posts above yours. Hope you feel better...

Way to go aikim! Good luck with starting teaching again Caro! And congrats on the raise Fear!

Shamrock at the CH posted several of her Asheville photos. I tried uploading many of them to my photobucket, but it was being weird.

Here's the link to her album....