#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

Took my dogs to the puppy park tonight for some socialization. Ringo found his true love, I think.......a grey and white fluffy mutt. You should have seen them together. So so cute. Just playing and frolicking and kissing and humping.....puppy heaven. :wub: His name was Winston. I finally had to pull Ringo away and out of the park altogether when Winston's mom made it clear that she was not amused. whistling-1.gif I swear, some parents.... cryingwlaughter.gif

On the way home I was listening to my Biloxi CD in the car, and when I got home I had to watch the 90s medley to see what was going on. Clay almost losing his pants is hysterical. And his stool dancing is just the cutest thing ever!

I loved it all from the Beatles to Brazil 66. My tastes were so eclectic-my album collection ranged from the Anita Kerr singers to Steppenwolf.

Thank YOU, Cagney. I read the words Brazil 66 and immediately saw Sergio Mendes and heard Mas Que Nada in my head!

I never had any Jack Jones records. He was in that group with Andy Williams, Perry Como and Robert Goulet that my mother liked -- the "Wives and Lovers" stuff. Maybe Jack had a version, but "Can't Get Used to Loving You" was a big hit for Andy Williams. About that time I was preferring Sam Cooke's "Another Saturday Night" and The Tymes "So Much In Love" and The Ronettes "Be My Baby." It was also about the time I started buying Peter, Paul and Mary records, Joe & Eddie, The Chad Mitchell Trio in the early 60's.

Regarding Steppenwolf, anybody remember that song "Tenderness" that had a country vibe, very different from "Ride With Me" and "Monster" and "Born to Be Wild" etc. -- but I loved that song very much. And I remember some dudes who didn't much care for it!

I don't care what Clay records next, except I want it to be something he can dance to! I love to watch the man's moves.

Thank you for that correction, keepingfaith. I would have gone to my grave thinking JJ sang that song. Yet as I hear it in my head, I now hear Andy Williams singing it. As much as I enjoyed Jack Jones and obviously Andy Williams, I never bought any of their music.

I love having "conversations" here with all of you about music.

Good news for west coasters and hopefully more confirmations will be on the way. Ironically I will be in San Francisco two weeks before for a conference and that same conference is causing me to miss the show in Maryland-only an hour away from my home.

I read at CV that someone from UNCTV tweeted about us having the opportunity to meet Clay. Maybe we are going to be asked to volunteer for the showing. If I can ever stop coughing, I'd be all for that. :rocker:

Fear, I'll forgive you if you're sick, but I posted that tweet about three posts above yours. Hope you feel better...

Way to go aikim! Good luck with starting teaching again Caro! And congrats on the raise Fear!

Shamrock at the CH posted several of her Asheville photos. I tried uploading many of them to my photobucket, but it was being weird.

Here's the link to her album....

Sorry ldyj. For some reason or other I get logged out periodically and have to log in again. I really read every post unless I miss it. :friends: Or maybe I'm just tired. Have a good night . :hello:

:GM_FCA:

50 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!

:yahoo:

52 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Just found this at CH from hope. The entire Biloxi concert is uploaded and can be watched as a whole at wowzers's YouTube channel. This is Scarlett's full concert. Click on "Playlists" at the top and then the first video under Playlists and the entire concert will play in sequence.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Wowzers4Clay

Just found this at CH from hope. The entire Biloxi concert is uploaded and can be watched as a whole at wowzers's YouTube channel. This is Scarlett's full concert. Click on "Playlists" at the top and then the first video under Playlists and the entire concert will play in sequence.

I started watching the concert until I realized I'd be spending most of my morning on my computer.

You computer/video savvy people...if I can watch this on my TV thru my laptop will the picture be too pixelly?

Would it be better if I d/l the avi files?

:GA_FCA:

It feels good to be able to drop by at a decent hour. :snoopy:

Wednesday is my "mini-weekend" in between teaching days, so this afternoon I posted a new Carolina On My Mind blog about the fact that Clay's PBS special is finally coming home to NC. I first saw the Centerpiece magazine scans at FCA, but I'm not sure where I copied them. All three are in the blog. West Virginia PBS stations will also be airing the special on 9/11.

Confirmation of the San Francisco T&T Tour date with theater photos plus the Timeless Tour montage "That's What Friends Are For" by LovesClaysVoice complete the entry.

Thank you to those who visit the Internet Clay blogs and leave comments. You really help us promote positive CA news.

I started watching the concert until I realized I'd be spending most of my morning on my computer.

You computer/video savvy people...if I can watch this on my TV thru my laptop will the picture be too pixelly?

Would it be better if I d/l the avi files?

I'll check this out. I knew Hope was planning to arrange Scarlett's concert videos in order at the Wowzers Channel. Scarlett has been working on the large files, which I'm sure are finding their way into the CV/CH vaults and CU. They definitely require some memory. :whistling-1:

Have a great week, all! :yahoo:

Caro :listen:

Heads up North Carolina peeps! From twitter:

UNCTV Clay Aiken is coming to UNC-TV on Sept. 11. Want to find out how to meet him? Check back this week for exclusive details!

ldyj... BWAH... I read that as, "Check back this week for exhaustive details!" BWAH! I need a vacation, stat!

Just sent my first two papers to the teacher...we have to read 10 articles on Libraries and send our reactions in for each...we have all semester to do them, but I think I am going to get them done ASAP...so two down and eight to go...I figure two a night and I should have them done in the next week. Not long papers..we only have to do a couple of paragraphs.

That was pretty easy!

Kim

aikim... once you break down a scary big task into smaller pieces, it always makes it seem more manageable. I read once, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." and try to remember that when I get overwhelmed.

Took my dogs to the puppy park tonight for some socialization. Ringo found his true love, I think.......a grey and white fluffy mutt. You should have seen them together. So so cute. Just playing and frolicking and kissing and humping.....puppy heaven. :wub: His name was Winston. I finally had to pull Ringo away and out of the park altogether when Winston's mom made it clear that she was not amused.

Awe, Ringo :hug:

So I'm guessing she's not open to her canine exploring an openly gay relationship? :whistling-1:

:GM_FCA:

49 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!

51 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Some very nice pictures have come out of this tour.

No kidding. For the first time ever, he looks so fine that the hair did.not.matter. The hair is no longer critical to his good looks. Whatever he wants to do with it, no matter how wild or how conventional, he is gorgeous. I didn't always feel this way in the past, but now, I want him.

Every year the State Fair of Texas features a new "fried" item, but reading this just made me ill. I can't imagine what the winner will be, but I'd go for the Fried Frito Pie -- if I was a contestant on Survivor and forced to eat one of these hellish concoctions.

DALLAS — Fried food fans looking to feast at this year's State Fair of Texas may have to bring an ID along with their appetite. Fair officials unveiled the eight finalists in the Big Tex Choice Awards.

• Beer-filled pretzel pockets
  • Deep-fried frozen margaritas
  • Deep fried S'mores Pop-Tarts
  • Fried club salad
  • Fried chocolate
  • Fried lemonade
  • Fried caviar featuring black-eyed peas
  • Fried Frito pie, with chili and corn chips

Beer-filled pretzel pockets? Huh!

I just found this link to an interview I hadn't seen before from a New Zealand site

Time has been good to Clay Aiken

You just can see how at ease he is with "being the person I have always been but wasn't willing to be".

I found myself playing and replaying that look at the beginning of "Can't Take my Eyes off you" at 1.03

OK, why the heck isn't deep fried curtains on this list? I remember an interview Clay did during the NAT where he talked about touring at all these fairs, and how they all had deep fried things, and that he was expecting that deep fried curtains would make the list soon, "because deep frying makes everything better."

I'd try the beer pretzel pocket one, and I'm intrigued by the margarita one as well...

Enjoyed the video lotus, it looks familiar but who knows. There were quite a few of them. I agree about that look. He should bottle it or at least give lessons. I haven't seen the Tnt Live show yet nor have I watched the dvd. I'm saving it for the after the first showing in NC on 9/11.

Talking about fried foods, we have been trying to find new ways to use things we get in our weekly organic basket. Sad to say there seems to be an endless crop of okra. We have been giving it away and leaving it outside for the racoons and possums, neither of which will touch it. So it'll probably end up in the compost. But we do like baked eggplant or eggplant soup so that worked out well. Of course none of it is the same as they plant many varieties of the same crop. We did get some pretty beets this week which I guess you could fry. Since I try to avoid refined sugar, I have to amuse myself in other ways. :cocktail: