#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

Well,I guess my idea of "multiples" must be different :whistling-1:

:hug: Hi couchie!

Saw this tweet posted by notacanuck and had to giggle...

CacaYZS‎: Clay Aiken's Tried and True has already released in Indonesia today! The DVD will be released after Lebaran :-)

http://twitpic.com/2j1iw5

Great news for Clay's CD. But what caught my eye is "the placement" of his CD in the rack. hee

It's just a visual I found rather ironic.

Well,I guess my idea of "multiples" must be different :whistling-1:

:hug: Hi couchie!

Saw this tweet posted by notacanuck and had to giggle...

CacaYZS‎: Clay Aiken's Tried and True has already released in Indonesia today! The DVD will be released after Lebaran :-)

http://twitpic.com/2j1iw5

Great news for Clay's CD. But what caught my eye is "the placement" of his CD in the rack. hee

It's just a visual I found rather ironic.

You mean between Bieber and Gaga? That is an interesting placement.

:GE_FCA:

The Indonesian release news is awesome. Placement interesting but good! :snoopy:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog features Clay's UNICEF appeal for Pakistan aid, three of my student composers (with clack!), and a 2011 high school reunion that is blowing my mind! :lol:

Thank you for your Carolina blog visits and comments. The students were giddy about being in the blog, so I hope you will stop by.

One of the upsides of a reunion is reconnecting with old friends and acquaintances. I featured one in tonight's blog. Erin Houghton, a very successful artist in California and a nine-year breast cancer survivor, was a member of my high school class. Her website is very impressive, as is all the press her work has received. I sent her an email so she would know who "Carolina Clay" is. :lol:

Have a wonderful weekend! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

:GM_FCA:

46 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

48 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

{{{{{{couchie and family}}}}}}

Had fun yesterday afternoon... there was a gathering of Clay fans in Santa Monica for lunch. Went with Permaswooned. We ate on four 10 people tables under a weeping willow tree in a large backyard at J's house. We had to keep moving the tables to stay in the shade and dodge the willow branches at the same time. Susz used her hair bands to tie the branches back. LOL I knew about 10 of the 30 people who were there and recognized about 10 more. Spooky was there and announced that the NC Nomads for Inclusion was expanding to the whole U.S. and taking the NC off their name.

I saw one of the pictures Perma is donating to the Gala... a gorgeously framed, breathtaking Timeless Tour picture. It was similar to this one...

PermaTimelessLA.jpg

YUM!!! We discussed how he is so frickin' gorgeous now, that his hair usually doesn't matter... now that's gorgeous!!! LOL

We had a talk about the skills so many of us have learned through being a Clay fan. Her fab photography, cindi's graphic design, etc. It'd be neat to know if Scarlett took video with such skill before Clay. Caro's fantastic blog skills??? Lot's of computer skills for many. I know I wouldn't be able to burn music cd's if not for Clay. Perma was talking about how she now knows the way to get great seats at the Greek. LOL How many of us are now at ease in traveling almost anywhere by ourselves for concerts, tho we're not usually by ourselves once we get there!

It's been a great seven years... and that's not even factoring in the fun the concerts are and the friendships made. So many of us never did this before with any other performer and I, for one, will be forever grateful I did it for this performer.

I'm reading some pretty harsh comments about Clay's hair around the boards. My reaction is this ... there's a deep desire in this fandom for Clay to be recognized by the world as relevant, as the hip dude he has become, cool in his own right and on his own terms, and someone on the edge, not the edge of sanity, but the edge of "what's happening" -- and his current hairstyle is all of that. Let Clay be Clay, and let Clay do his hair like he likes --- his style may be where it's at, and we're not THERE!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Okay, it's Last Sunday, which is the same as Second Tuesday, or Third Monday -- it's all GREAT PICTURE DAY AT FCA!!!!! Nickikiwi posted some truly great ones at CV that haven't been retouched or filtered, and I'm having a love affair with several of them:

ClayandRuben-Windsor523.jpg

ClayandRuben-Verona160.jpg

ClayandRuben-Verona113.jpg

ClayandRuben-Snoqualmie168.jpg

ClayandRubenReno217.jpg

ClayandRuben-NewYork138.jpg

ClayandRuben-LancasterAug2010080.jpg

ClayandRuben-HamptonBeach143.jpg

>Chautaqua268.jpg

BiltmoreConcert132.jpg

How about those eyelashes on the one above??? G.A.H.

liney, sounds like you had a fun afternoon! I wish I had friends close enough to me to have something like that on a regular basis.

I'll worry about Clay's hair the day he doesn't have any.

ClayandRuben-Snoqualmie168.jpg

How about that killer smile? G.A.H.

Yes, I certainly "stopped" at this picture....

I doubt you'll ever hear me complain about Clay's hair. I actually thought it looked cute standing up on end on tour. If I ever feel like complaining all I have to do is look in the mirror and that silences me. :cryingwlaughter: I'm a get my hair cut every five weeks, wash it, brush it and go.

I thought Clay looked fabulous the whole tour. I was sorry to see that nice fitting suit only once but I could see where it restricted his dancing. And his dancing was wow, too! I felt bad that not everyone got up and danced but there were many who could not get up and stand. At one show I was up and standing and the woman in back of me said that she was unable to stand. I felt bad and after that I ask the person in back of me if it's a problem or I just don't stand up if they aren't.

Regarding dancing, Clay said he didn't want his mother or family members on the front row because they don't get up and dance or show enthusiasm. It all depends on the show, of course. I don't expect dancing at the Tried & True concerts, but for Jukebox type situations, I think people who don't want to dance should stay away from the floor, or be willing to stand. The standing and dancing adds a lot to the fun of a show. I say that as one who has been going to concerts since the mid-60's. I specifically remember a rock concert I attended in the 70's after an appendectomy and I knew I couldn't get up and dance and so I traded my floor seats for seats off the floor, where people are less inclined to get up and dance, so that I could see.

Although at the last Paul McCartney concert I attended a few years ago people were up dancing from the top row of the upper balcony down to the front row on the floor, until he sang Yesterday and Blackbird and songs like that and everyone sat down and rested for awhile before the "Helter Skelter" started again.

I believe that if the spirit moves, ye must dance!

I believe that if the spirit moves, ye must dance!

Sillyrunningman.gifsillydance.gifbradybunchgroove.gifElviships.gif

I also believe I have a constitutionally-protected right to complain about Clay's hair if I'm so inclined, particularly if it's "styled" into some sort of a duck bill at a concert I attend. :wordpooper:

th_hammond02.jpg

:dingding:

Best hair comment, evah.

I love his hair. Clay's hair RAWKS! I fell for him the first time with one particularly unique hairstyle - the wildcard DLTSGDOM hair, fell for him the second time with the hot AI5 hair (which is still my favorite because Clay so obviously loved himself in that hair that night), the AIW hair, the Collegno Christmas tour hair, on through West Palm Beach DCAT hair and St. Louis Christmas 2007 hair when he was so full of joy in and out and gave my personal favorite performance of DSIAFCA ever ....

Don't Save It All -- St. Louis 2007

Anyway, I was IN LOVE with the blond stage door guy, every night that we saw him. And his hair for the OMWH album was visionary. I thought he was so incredibly handsome from the hair on his head to the tips of those gorgeous shoes he wears, during every second he was on stage for Timeless. I keep watching those videos, and the 90's and 60's are my favorite decades because that's when Clay so effortlessly exposed his dancing prowess, and that he's a HOT, I mean a HAWT dancer. And, so, what hairstyle did he select for the tour that forever banishes the awkward "I can't dance" Clay image? He goes back to Idol, to that guy singing DLTSGDOM for the Wildcard competition, when he could't dance, or even move with style. He has replaced that image very successfully. The hairstyle accomplished its purpose. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Clay can never again say:

(1) He can't dance.

(2) He unattractive.

(3) He has big ears.

(4) He's not in shape.

(5) He's a nerd.

Now that he can cut that all out, he's free to commit himself to making women, and men, fall out. Laugh, swoon, smile, and fall fucking out.

ETA: And I adored Snowflake hair, too. Sorry, merrieeee!

[quote name='liney23' date='29 August 2010 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1283093206'

Had fun yesterday afternoon... there was a gathering of Clay fans in Santa Monica for lunch. [snip]

We had a talk about the skills so many of us have learned through being a Clay fan. Her fab photography, cindi's graphic design, etc. It'd be neat to know if Scarlett took video with such skill before Clay. Caro's fantastic blog skills??? Lot's of computer skills for many. I know I wouldn't be able to burn music cd's if not for Clay. Perma was talking about how she now knows the way to get great seats at the Greek. LOL How many of us are now at ease in traveling almost anywhere by ourselves for concerts, tho we're not usually by ourselves once we get there!

It's been a great seven years... and that's not even factoring in the fun the concerts are and the friendships made. So many of us never did this before with any other performer and I, for one, will be forever grateful I did it for this performer.

So true ... and so many great posts in the past two pages -- keepingfaith, cindilu2, Idyj, bottlecap, et al! :yahoo:

:dingding:

Best hair comment, evah.

:clap: :clap:

Thank you to all who have visited the latest Carolina On My Mind entry and left such sweet comments about my student composers. If they are reading (and I'm sure they are), they are probably beside themselves. The artist-high school classmate has also responded with a special comment about Clay. I have noticed lots of visitors from Pakistan in the feed. :friends:

A note for OFC bloggers: I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Badongo player works at the fan club. I was prepared to supply a link to the Carolina site, but the player codes went right through. :snoopy:

Have an awesome day, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

<------------ Yeah, and he was the one who invented the Bieber, too. I remember the night THIS picture was posted, and fans were "Oh, noooooo'ing" all over the place.

I think it's high time we accepted that Clay's hair IS what he wants it to be, what he intends it to be, and is not being "neglected" -- I think that's a ploy.

We must accept the hair.

Love the hair.

Become one with the hair.

I mean, if this is any kind of damn cult worth its salt, you guys are slipping!

kf, I think this works in other fandoms but in Clay's its a race to see who gets the closest. Can you see any Clay fan giving up a fifth row seat to go into the balcony?

I can jump up and down with the best of them and it's not like I care how I look in front of a group it's just a Miss Manners type of thing, I guess. For instance in Verona,where we sat sideways at tables, I sat next to and in front of a local who had never gone to see a Clay concert, I told her people would probably get up and dance but she just sat there. I got up a couple of times but felt guilty that I was blocking her view. And I know she loved the concert because afterward she raved about Clay's voice and personality and said she wished it would go on for another two hours.

Whereas in NYC, everbody got up and danced. Clay and Ruben were so excited about it. I still checked with those in back of me but they were all standing. That was a lot of fun. Even if the MTV guy thought we looked funny. Like I cared about him.

So some were more fun than others but each was special and had something distinct about it. But I'm looking forward to the TnT tour since Clay said he would be talking a lot.

Why did I read that, it's a race to see who gets in the closet??? :cryingwlaughter:

I know that people can be like that ... but not me. Our little group specifically walked away from upgrading to seats in the middle of the floor for seats in the lower elevated in Biloxi. And I saw EVERYTHING, full body view, every move. The sound/acoustics was incomparable. Floor is not always better, depending on the placement. I am definitely not a floor whore.

Hey, you know that little song, Build Me Up Buttercup that this Clay Aiken guy sang? You know that group that first sang it in 1968, The Foundations, well do you remember their first hit, from 1967?

I think Clay should record THAT one. Just between me and you, the radio would play it because there is a renaissance coming on right now with British 60's hits, led by the reinvasion of The Beatles. I was never one to believe that the JBT new songs would have been radio hits ... but this one is TODAY, baby, with some scrubbing and freshening and a new lead singer. I hope Clay did some background check on Buttercup.

First of all, I had no idea that the lead singer of the Foundations was black or English (but then again, I knew the songs, just had no idea in the hell who sung them).

Clay's hair? I still can't say any more than "typical white boy hair". He almost always looks like nine tenths of the non-baldies running around here. Of course, he can look like Snowflake hair and this:

ama06-22f.jpg

and this:

mnmwaulkcroptagged.jpg

All the freaking time, and I would be perfectly happy. What can I say, I'm easy.

I admit, I prefer livelier concert experiences, and have come to accept that those will be the exception rather than the rule at Clay's concerts. And the closer I get, the happier I generally am.

Hmph.

I have a party to go to. Free overpriced "ordurves" and "cocktails". Don't feel like getting up and dressed. But it's free stuff. Decisions, decisions...

Just popping in to say hi! I finally get to close on my new house on Tuesday. What an effort it has been. We have been waiting two weeks for the utilities to go in and now they are I get to close.

I'll post a pic if I can find one.

It has worked out quite well though as it is not interfering with my little trips to see Clay.

Today I was ordering U-Verse and the girl asked what answer I would give to the security question......Who is your favourite singer? Hmmm let me think about that. When I gave her my answer she said oh yeah he's good and so is Ruben. I told her i'd just seen them in concert and she said I didn't know they were in Houston! I said oh no they were in Biloxi....the look on her face was priceless and she couldn't believe I'd gone all that way to see a concert. I love surprising people.Yeah I'm old not dead!

:starhugs: for Couchie.

What is Nomads for Inclusion?

KAndre, that b&w pic of Clay is like a work of art. He is so beautiful. Don't care about his hair because most of the time I'm too busy looking at that gorgeous face. The lips, eyes, perfect nose. I'm with ldyj, I'm just happy that he has a nice head of hair on him. And I sure can't complain about bad hair days because I rarely do more than wash mine, towel it down, and hope for the best.

I enjoy the concerts where people get up and dance, although if they sing when Clay is singing, I want to smack them. Unfortunately, I'm more like his mom and friends. I will stand up but I don't dance. Well at least my whole body isn't usually moving. It's either the feet or the body, but they never work in tandem. I was definitely born without the rhythm gene.

So....justclay...you need a healing from the Reverand Dr. Pastor Bishop Ruben Studdard? You have lackarhythmitis?

If you haven't already figured it out, I've been busy this evening, creating a new section in the "Clay Live!" area. Threads are created for all the shows we know of so far.

Tried & True 2011 section

For threads that have very little information, please feel free to add information about ticket purchasing, as it comes available. These threads are for planning on shows, ticket purchasing, etc.

:GM_FCA:

45 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

47 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim