#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

Love the house Merrieeee

Tomorrow we leave on our 5 day bike tour. I had the flu for the last two days so I hope I can ride 70 miles tomorrow. The weather for the next two days does not look promising. Rain, high winds, and hot. I hope they are wrong!

Maybe while I am gone Clay's team will announce a concert closer to me. I can dream can't I. I am still hoping for Ann Arbor.

Oh goodie! We lurve pretty pictures here. :flirtysmile3:

I wish I could find people to Clayvert. All my friends are tired of all my references (awww). Though a few weeks ago I think I had one too many and I kinda spilled a TON of beans to a guy my age and tried to explain Clay and why more young guys should see or hear him. I think he'd do great with that demographic if he did a comedy act like what was in Timeless.

I keep thinking that any minute now Clay will become retro-cool among teens and 20-somethings. You'll have to beat potential Clayverts off with a stick. :cryingwlaughter:

eee Today I finally closed on my new house! Only took 6 months in an apartment!

Me likee!

Congratulations!!

eee Today I finally closed on my new house! Only took 6 months in an apartment!

Me likee!

Congratulations on the new house, merrieeee! Looking good! :yahoo:

UNC-TV is wise to include 9/11 activities for everyone. Way to go, NC! :confettistars:

When I returned from High Point tonight, I uploaded the Carolina blog with the montages by SueReu and Scarlett to the OFC. Thnx for your visits at both sites.

At 8:30 p.m. Hawaiian time, please send good vibes to Jen and the grandkids as they start their long flight home. Actually, I'm sure the people on the plane will appreciate your good thoughts. Lia screamed all the way from West Texas to Hawaii. Hopefully, she'll be more comfortable with the drill this time. :wub:

Have a great evening, all ... :friends:

Caro :listen:

Thanks guys. We wanted to downsize but it is only 200sq ft smaller but it is joy of joys one story and 6 miles from work with no freeway!

Tomorrow I get to stay at the house all day waiting for appliances, alarm guys and i'm having painting done before I move in. One big problem, no internet yet and because of the energy efficient barriers no cell phone coverage! I have stocked up on Clay DVDs so I should be OK.

I just moved recently too. Went a little more than a week without internet (except on my phone, but really...tiny screen and small keyboard for hours on end? No thanks!) and it was pretty tough! That sucks, no cell service either?? Glad Clay can keep you company!

Aww I love Sterling Heights! Lots and lots to do there, know the area well. :) Also, it holds some pretty amazing memories. :wub:

dscf0213fp.th.jpg

I can't help but share some from Snoqualmie too since I'm having a love affair....that has to be by far my favorite venue that I've seen pictures from. The background and the lighting from the sun was just beautiful!!

From moni98383:

th_100_0292.jpg th_100_0224.jpg th_100_0326.jpg

And have to add the photo that's my avvie, as well my phone's background. *g* Might be compelled to post more as I get through them too!

th_959791028_EPWAz-XL.jpg

:GM_FCA:

43 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!

:yahoo:

46 Days until The National Inclusion Project!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Via notacanuck at CC:

From Twitter

includingkids: Have you Voted for the National Inclusion Project today? - http://eepurl.com/XKQ6

about 2 hours ago via MailChimp

includingkids: You can also text the numbers 102308 to Pepsi (73774).

about 2 hours ago via web

includingkids: Start your engines! We are up in the Pepsi Refresh Challenge! Please vote daily! www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

about 2 hours ago via web

As I understand this, you can vote once a day every day in September (via facebook or by signing up for an account on the refresheverything.com website) so The National Inclusion Project can win funds from Pepsi.

aikim, could you possibly include a link in your calendar countdown every day as a reminder for everyone to vote?

Luckiest, I've ALWAYS wanted to go to one of your Cluncheons! Toronto is only a few hours from me. :) With the move, we'll be getting our licenses changed soon and we're going to get the enhanced ones. Finally!

ETA: I just signed up to vote for NIP via text message. :) Hope they win!

Luckiest, I've ALWAYS wanted to go to one of your Cluncheons! Toronto is only a few hours from me. :) With the move, we'll be getting our licenses changed soon and we're going to get the enhanced ones. Finally!

ETA: I just signed up to vote for NIP via text message. :) Hope they win!

Not luckiest1 but I am her neighbour ;-) We're not quite as far as Toronto even - London is about 2 hrs from Windsor. It would be great to have an international contingent at the Cluncheons!

It cracks me up that the challenge partner for NIP (for the Pepsi refresh) is a rescue organization.... for cats! Heheh.

:hello: FCA! I'm a newbie and so I'm trying to figure my way around here yet...seems pretty simple (I hope). Just wanted to poke my head into main as well and say hello.

:hysterical: Clay's FB comment!

shorty... WELCOME!!! When you bring purdy pictures, you are welcome any ole time (well, actually, you are welcome even when you don't bring the pretty!).

Thanks guys. We wanted to downsize but it is only 200sq ft smaller but it is joy of joys one story and 6 miles from work with no freeway!

Tomorrow I get to stay at the house all day waiting for appliances, alarm guys and i'm having painting done before I move in. One big problem, no internet yet and because of the energy efficient barriers no cell phone coverage! I have stocked up on Clay DVDs so I should be OK.

merrieeee... I really like the looks of your house. Congrats!!! I have to ask, tho... is that no cell phone thing temporary? I know you can use your landline, but still... no cell phone???

I bought a ticket for the Oct 14th concert in Chicago cause I had a good friend living there and my family lives there (well, part of it). Now, I have to have a thousand dollars of dental work done and I am having expenses around moving back into my house and I'm thinking it would be cheaper to eat the ticket than pay the extra to fly and stay there. My friend will no longer be there, so that adds hotel. I'll probably go, since I told my brother I was coming, but not sure I should, just from the financial point of view... but... a 650 seat Clay concert... how can I not?? What's debtor's prison like???? LOL

I thought you could text as well as do FB. I texted and got a message thanks for your vote but then got another text few minutes later saying I could only vote once. My web browser is time warner and my phone is verizon. 2 different email addresses. How can they tell?

I thought you could text as well as do FB. I texted and got a message thanks for your vote but then got another text few minutes later saying I could only vote once. My web browser is time warner and my phone is verizon. 2 different email addresses. How can they tell?

If you validated your FB account with your cell or if you listed your cell in your acct info, FB & your cell are linked.

Not sure why it gave you that message (unless it's a glitch) but the NIP people on FB say that the text is in addition to an online vote.

I have seen others saying the same thing as you though.

I first voted via text, then signed up right on Pepsi's Refresh site for my online vote. It didn't ask for a phone number. I'm also reading that a lot of other people are having the problem where they'd sign up and vote at FB, then try to text a vote and it says it doesn't count. On Pepsi's site, it didn't ask for a phone number thankfully. I should be able to vote twice daily, once from my phone and once from my computer. I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

:hello:liney23! Thanks for the welcome!

OT - Reed is GayLifeNYC.org's Broadway Hottie / Hero of September. If you ever wondered what Reed sounds like, there's a nearly 10 minute interview with him up on youtube. Reed talks a bit about his Broadway roles, his experience with Broadway Cares, and he answers an Either/Or segment. He's verra, verra cute.

th_GLN_3.jpg

Two women out for a Saturday stroll, one had a Doberman and the other a Chihuahua. As they walked down the street, the one with the Doberman said to her friend, "Let's go over to that bar for a drink."

The lady with the Chihuahua said, "We can't go in there. We've got the dogs with us."

The one with the Doberman said, "Just watch, and do as I do."

They walked over to the bar and the one with the Doberman put on a pair of dark glasses and started to walk in. The bouncer at the door said, "Sorry, lady, no pets allowed." The woman with the Doberman said, "You don't understand. This is my seeing-eye dog."

The bouncer said, "A Doberman?"

The woman said, "Yes, they're using them now. They're very good."

The bouncer said, "OK, come on in."

The lady with the Chihuahua thought that convincing him that a Chihuahua was a seeing-eye dog may be a bit more difficult, but thought, "What the heck," so she put on her dark glasses and started to walk in.

Once again the bouncer said, "Sorry, lady, no pets allowed."

The woman said, "You don't understand. This is my seeing-eye dog."

The bouncer said, "A Chihuahua?"

The woman said indignantly, "A Chihuahua? They gave me a fucking Chihuahua???"