#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

ausdon! I noticed late last night that it was your birthday yesterday! I hope you had a great day, and happy belated birthday!

Thanks for the answers to my question guys -- keep them coming! I think Clay would get a kick out of reading them too....

:GM_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog features the special Clay Nation party at UNC-TV in conjunction with Saturday's PBS Special telecast, SueReu's voting strategy for Pepsi Refresh, and From Claygary's ideas for participation by non-US citizens.

The Houston peeps also have a couple of paragraphs since Clay will be in the studio with them Wednesday. Thank you for your blog comments, tweets/retweets (mine is in "All Friends" if you'd like to retweet it), FB posts/reposts, etc. :flirtysmile3:

I noticed two complete voting sets in the Carolina blog's "live feed" this morning. One linked from Facebook and the other from Ideal Idol. The strategy is spreading! :dancetom:

Happy Belated Birthday, ausdon! :bdayparty2:

Off to vote my group. Have an awesome day, all! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

I see that Paul McCartney and Oprah will get Kennedy Center Honors this year, also Merle Haggard, Bill T. Jones and Broadway composer and lyricist Jerry Herman.

Jones, who co-founded the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company as part of an openly gay, interracial couple, says the award and White House reception will shape his worldview.

"I've always had this kind of position of feeling just outside, maybe the other, I don't know why but maybe a stepchild," Jones said. "As one gets older and you realize that your brand of art-making with its implied protest is actually something that people in positions of power respect, it's a very important change, very important change, it makes you feel more of a sense of responsibility but it's a responsibility you can accept joyfully."

The gala will be recorded for broadcast as a two-hour prime-time special on CBS. This year's will air Dec. 28.

I remember back in 2002 that Paul McCartney declined the Kennedy Center Honor, and speculation was that it had something to do with the occupant of the White House at that time. McCartney bowed out for "personal reasons." He's up for it now - and I cannot wait to see him honored!

My greatest wish for him has always been that he can do this for as long as he wants to. 50 yrs sounds pretty damn good to me.

Posted on Facebook a few minutes ago:

We're getting ready to send another email blast to Clay's email list subscribers. If you're not a member yet, sign up at (fan club addy)

I'm guessing this is for the next round of presales.

Happy belated birthday, audson! :fest30:

I can't say that because of Clay I learned how to use a computer because I've been using one since I was 8! *eek* I've really been trying to think of how my life has changed but...I guess I can only say that because of him I have met some amazing people. A lot of my friends I met through being a fan have become a second family to me. I probably spend the same amount of time on the computer as I did before, only everything is Clay-centric now! :cryingwlaughter: Though he has brought a boost into my life in the ways of travel. I've gotten to go to places I've never heard of like Clio (in my own state!) or Waukegan.

I've become more social and gotten out of my shell because of him as well. I've always been kind of a quiet and shy person but finding and getting to know others who have at least one major common interest always helps!

Because of Clay I learned just how messed up the music industry is, and that essentially killed my college career in Psychology (I was awful at it anyway). I wish I could get into the industry and right it but that would probably be a futile attempt. I've also really caught the photography bug because of all the gorgeous photos we always get. I've actually been thinking about going back to school for photography then trying to get in for doing things like concert photography. I think I'd really love that! That would be a huge change all due to him. :)

Out of thousands of photos I can't just pick one so here's a few... I really do prefer fan photos over photoshoots but I had to sneak a couple in there. :teehee1: (Oh and I could definitely post like, half of those Day In A Life photos, so I won't even go there! But the photographer who followed him was 1. very lucky and 2. excellent in capturing him and his gorgeousness. :wub:)

Without going into too much detail about why I like each photo I'll try to stay simple.

1.) Complete sucker for the UNCC hoodie and that eyeliner. GUH.

2.) The angle. The lighting. *sigh*

3.) He just screams ubersexy!

4.) Same with this one. And that dark brooding look in the mirror? Yum!

5.) The pretty tree-y background. The cute playful look on his face, and knowing he's giggling at their skit. :)

post-2330-128389815912_thumb.jpg

post-2330-128389828185_thumb.jpg

post-2330-128389832674_thumb.jpg

post-2330-128389847612_thumb.jpg

post-2330-1283898853_thumb.jpg

I think I've posted enough about the changes that discovering Clay lead to in my life, so I'll just concentrate on the pictures from the oldest pages of my photobucket.

This is just about the first photo I ever saved of Clay and it was my desktop for about two years. It remains in my top all-time favs.

Natural_Clay.jpg

Another fav.... hmm, that hair looks vaguely familiar.

redstripeluvley.jpg

A classic

ILClaymate_JBTMER082305003-OLite.jpg

Loved watching him sing this song

YWTHouston.jpg

And just in case that was too holy for ya, I'll just let this one speak for itself...

wssittinggulp.jpg

This one's for you, bottle.

tongue.jpg

Shortyjill reminded me of the "Day in the Life" photos, so I'll pick one of those as my favorite (among many).

391634580.jpg

and, this early Clay picture I've always loved:

34107506.jpg

I could write a book about how Clay changed my life. I had a job but wasn't happy and worked way too hard. My boss ended up being fired years later, but things with him were just starting to go bad then. I had very little social life because my colleagues all had families and there were no other single women around. I just worked all the time. Thanks to Clay, I lost interest in the job and stopped working so hard, so things didn't bother me as much as they could have when the craziness with the job/the boss escalated. Eventually I didn't have a job anymore and then I moved back to NC, which is what I wanted to do anyway, but hadn't been able to gather the courage to just quit. Once home I quickly figured out my mom had dementia--not too bad at that time, but getting there. That's a huge way Clay changed my life, I think; when he told that story about the daughter and her mother at the Caregiver's Conference, it never occurred to me that could ever be me. But everything I learned through Clay and the NIP really prepared me to deal with the situation with my mom, since her disease was on a spectrum of mental, emotional, and physical disability at the other end of life, and caregiving was what she needed a lot of.

Can't say I travel more now--I actually travel much less that I did for awhile there--still kind of miss that, but I do enjoy the traveling I do for Clay. I was already on the computer a lot before too, but I had never done message boards before and now they're a huge part of my life. The biggest change in my life has been the people I've met and the friends I've made. My social life now pretty much revolves around Clay and Clay friends that I've made, and I'm a lot happier for it. I also find Clay endlessly entertaining; he brings me a lot of pleasure and joy.

:loveclaysbutt:

Have fun tomorrow Houston peeps! Lots of detailed reports, please. :flirtysmile3:

:GM_FCA:

36 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

38 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:GA_FCA:

Happy PBS/Clay Day to the Houstonites! :yahoo:

If you are voting with SueReu's strategy, the revised lists of reciprocating charities are in the Carolina blog. Vote for the National Inclusion Project and choose from Groups A, B, or C to complete your allotment. Be sure to go back through and copy/paste a message similar to the one below about your support:

Votes for you from the National Inclusion Project of Raleigh, NC. Help kids with disabilities experience life with their peers. We're going for $50K! Thnx for your support! http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject ... Text 102308

We are getting reciprocals by voting for others, but we must not have enough people voting for inclusion. I was amazed this morning to read on the National Federation of the Blind Youth Slam page just how organized their effort is.

The National Federation of the Blind Youth Slam is promoting us in their blog. We are one of five charities under this heading:

These Other Pepsi Projects Are Supporting Us! If you choose to, you can use your extra votes to return the favor!

1. Help Students with Autism Communicate

2. Courageous Disabled Friends

3. Despite Dyslexia

4. Landon's Lookout

5. National Inclusion Project

They also have four major groups they thank for helping to promote their effort:

Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic

The Braille Institute

The Greater Baltimore Committee

American Association of People with Disabilities

This is the group I noticed voting "all three ways." They are promoting the plan in their blog.

They also have a promotional flyer in pdf form linked in the blog for people to print and hand out to the following places:

1. Church & Sunday School

2. Sporting Events (High School, MLB, NFL, etc.)

3. State or County Fairs

4. Social Clubs (Lions, Rotary, etc.)

Also in the blog, a news release is linked for members to send to local newspapers and radio stations, etc.

The National Federations of the Blind has a membership of more than 50,000 people. They are going for a $250k grant; this is one of the groups we are supporting and vice-versa.

Hope everyone who can is helping. Lori (From Claygary) has posted suggestions for ways non-US residents can participate. These are in the Carolina blog, too.

Please share any ideas you have. For all our effort, the Inclusion Project seems to be stuck on #27. Entire households are voting for many charities. We definitely need to explore more options.

Happy Birthday to Shortyjill! :bdayparty2:

Have a great day, all! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

Let's see ..... what to do in Houston tonight ..... what to do ...

Go see Michael Bolton at Jones Hall? .... Nah.

Go watch Adam Lambert prance around at Sarofim Hall? .... HELL no, not for free if they were giving away free turkeys at the door!

Go work for Clay Aiken at HoutonPBS (and maybe grab a quick glance at his butt)? Oh Yeah, BAYBEEE!!!