#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

Caro... I LOVED this blog with the recaps and the pictures! I left a comment for you, too. N.I.C.E.!!!

Great blog, caro :BlowKiss: !

The Houston recaps "wrote" this Carolina entry, but thank you very much for the props and comments, liney and treenuts. I hope the UNC-TV telecast is as much fun. :flirtysmile3:

Have an awesome weekend, all! :dancetom:

Caro :listen:

47439_429379943796_18417518796_5162953_2508138_n-1.jpg

merrieeee looks like she's eyeing Clay and plotting something in this picture. Did she manage to get in a Lunge 'n Lick right after this shot was taken?

:naughtywag:

OMG the look on merrieeee's face here is a wee bit skeeery :hysterical:

I do believe she is about to attack :hubbahubba:

Or were you referring to a different kind of nuts?
Well, I can say for certain I wasn't thinking of peanuts! Nope, never a word I would evah equate with Clay.

Perhaps.....LUG nuts :whistling-1:

:GM_FCA:

33 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

35 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

And This is the Night that folks in NC finally get to see Tried and True Live on PBS.

:whee::dancetom::twinklewhore::rainbowsmile::snoopy::listen::dead-1:

Wahoo! I'm getting my credit card ready. Is it better to just donate or should I get the DVD?

I only wish we had some concert tickets available, but I'm going to Charlotte and thats in NC. :meme: I haven't even watched the dvd yet. I'm so excited. :yahoo:

:GA_FCA:

Like CANN, the new Carolina On My Mind blog is today remembering the fallen of 9/11. Featured is an Aspiegirl montage about the Iron and Steel Biker Brigades of firefighters honoring those who died while saving the lives of others. :hug:

Inspiration for the montage was the son of CA fan Sally, "California Mike," who traveled cross country to participate in the 2009 and 2010 events. He will arrive back at his home fire station today following this year's ride from New York City to Arlington, VA.

Thank you for your blog visits/comments, retweets, FB posts, etc. I doubt this entry will receive a Clay Aiken "alert," although I included a link to the previous blog for the National Inclusion Project's Pepsi Refresh voting links. :)

I'm off to vote Group A ... and count the hours until the UNC-TV "Tried & True ~ LIVE!" telecast! :dancetom:

Have a great day as we remember 9/11/01! :wub:

Caro :listen:

I put the PBS pictures on my Facebook album and just saw this comment from my daughter:

I'm a little confused, I am trying to figure out why this didn't make the National news... you in the vicinity of the love of your life :)

Yes, she is a smartass like her mother.

I commented back, "Because Walter Cronkite died. He would have mentioned it."

kfis it too late to disown her? I've thought about doing it to my sons but they've stopped teasing me so they are back in the will again.

I was setting the dvr for tonight when I noticed that they are showing TnT back to back for three hours and in HD. I set it to tape for both showings. It just felt right. :cocktail:

It's Clay night on UNCTV tonight!!

:yahoo:

Fear... what is the number to donate to the PBS station there or UNCTV whatever is putting this special back to back to back. I thought I'd call and give them my support.

keeping... was that gentle teasing or sarcasm? Whichever, you are probably still too high on Clay to care.

That's my daughter's personality. We're great friends as well as mother and daughter. We laugh together, a lot, and at each other's expense when necessary! She's fine with my Clay love, it blew her away at first but now she's adjusted.

I want to share some of the quotes from the HoustonPBS in-studio breaks with Clay after watching the DVR again today with a note pad:

Ernie: The seats are all in the first eleven rows.

Clay: That's where you'll be able to smell me. And the spit will FLY right there on to you.

Ernie: Does it ever get tiresome performing?

Clay: I like touring and doing concerts more than anything. There's a consistancy to it. The show is somewhat the same, although I change it every night a little bit because I talk a lot. But you know where you're gonna be the next day. You know what you're gonna be doing. I like sleeping on the bus. I like the consistancy and the routine, so touring is my favorite thing.

Abby: It's so amazing that Clay started as a contestant on American Idol and now he's a big artist, and he's giving back to PBS.

(Ernie asked him about hearing himself on the radio and Clay tells that story of hearing TITN on the radio while driving in Raleigh on one of his first visits home and almost running off the road. Clay then says that he doesn't have to worry much about that because radio doesn't play him very often.)

Ernie: Whether you're on radio or not, you have a career and a name that is known. And you've got great music and you have put together a wonderful library, and now with this new album you're going more into the singer-songwriter material. It must be very rewarding to know that this is the career you've been able to forge for yourself.

Clay: I think a lot of people would love to do this. It wasn't necessarily something I planned on doing. I was going to be a teacher and this was going to be my hobby. Singing was going to be something I would do on the side. I would sing at a wedding here and there. I'm still available for that, by the way. (Laughter)

Ernie: Don't say that! They will be calling in with requests to sing at their weddings!

Clay: For the right amount ...... (Laughter)

(Later)

Ernie: I see Clay on the phone. I wonder if he is taking requests for weddings? (Laughter)

Can anyone explain why I'm sitting here with a shit-eating grin on my face watching them pimp Lawrence Welk while I am waiting for Clay, and a show I watched taped and have already seen on DVD? Clay whom I have seen in concert, on TV, many many times (and even in person just a few months ago) for 7 years now?

Nevermind--Clay's on. It explains everything. It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love. :flirtysmile3:

Only Make Believe I love it. You Don't Have to Say you Love Me. Another winner.

Clay back again, talking again about current music not as good. What he'll be doing at the cocerts,

cd or digital $55. dvd $75.00,, $125.00 cd & dvd $200. autographed photo, autographed dvd and dvd &cd,

$300.00 2 tickets in Charlotte, $375. 2 ticktes cd & dvd, $500. all of this plu 2 m&g

He talks about Linda Eder, his voice keeps changing but her's has always been crystal clear.

5 m&gs left right now