#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

Great recap -- thanks for bringing it over bottlecap!

UNC-TV just posted their Flickr pictures from Saturday night. The album is here.

And I'm in the same boat as bc -- I can't post any of the pictures right now. There's one, though, specifically for bc! Care to guess?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEeee, kareneh posted pretties! YAY!

Can anyone explain why I'm sitting here with a shit-eating grin on my face watching them pimp Lawrence Welk while I am waiting for Clay, and a show I watched taped and have already seen on DVD? Clay whom I have seen in concert, on TV, many many times (and even in person just a few months ago) for 7 years now?

Nevermind--Clay's on. It explains everything. It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love. :flirtysmile3:

jmh... thread title???

From UNCTV's Facebook page -- HOLY CRAP!

Holycrap.jpg

Holycrap2.jpg

ldyj... I'll double that HOLY CRAP! fo' sure! I right-clicked-and-saved so fast my mouse has whiplash!!!

And a good time was had by all. Now, if we can just get Clay to change his name to Agoodtime....

heh

00lsee... BWAH!!!

To see and hear Clay last night was amazing. I watched both showings. I was afraid to leave for a bathroom break. Although I was at the taping, I sat so far in the back I couldn't see his face, so it was like seeing a new show. The feed had some periods were it got really quiet and at one point speeded up and made it sound like Clay went way off key. But they were very few. I loved his version of Misty on tv much more than on the cd. I wonder if there is a way I could pull it off the dvd? I thought the editing was great but I did miss WKOFAI and Esso Besso. As I said yesterday I hadn't watched the dvd so had no idea how it had been edited.

Sometime during the day yesterday we saw a promo for TnT and Mr Fear said he was getting excited about tonight. I thought that was his usual teasing. But after dinner he went downstairs to watch his tv. Other than the newshour, there are very few tv shows we both enjoy. He came back upstairs around 10 to tell me that he had watched TnT and that it was great and Clay was great. Well knock me over with a feather, I've got a claymate in my house. :cryingwlaughter:

Fear... congrats on the conversion! Watch out tho, if he starts wanting to go along on all your Clay trips, that could be problematic, maybe??? LOL

Got it!

UNCTV10.jpg

bottle... I'm so happy for you! Wasn't it nice of Clay to stick out his tongue just for you??? LOL

ETA: My fave part of the Timeless Tour is the 80s. Not only Eye of the Tiger, but Footloose has me by the throat and hasn't let go yet. I was watching them all last night and noticed (and, I was there in person, too, but too far back to notice at the time) how well Clay's jean's fit him in Reno. I have five more venues to watch, so I can't say if he wore them again, but wowser!!!

I'm visiting Reno again and again thanks to those jeans. Fans self vigorously!!! Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!

This is too cute. I think it's safe to post this as it was over half an hour ago.

From Twitter. Poster is in Cary.

I just made clay Aiken a smoothie!
yesss! He wore sunglasses the entire time he was inside the store.. But I looked on the receipt for his name
yessss! It just made my day

Thanks merrieeee! Love it!

Tried to get insurance on the car today and the guy we were supposed to meet with left for a meeting with another client one town over. The woman who tried to take over for him couldn't do anything for us. *sigh* One more day of dealing with cabin fever!

It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love. :flirtysmile3:

jmh... thread title???

I absolutely associate myself with my thread title.

ETA: My fave part of the Timeless Tour is the 80s. Not only Eye of the Tiger, but Footloose has me by the throat and hasn't let go yet. I was watching them all last night and noticed (and, I was there in person, too, but too far back to notice at the time) how well Clay's jean's fit him in Reno. I have five more venues to watch, so I can't say if he wore them again, but wowser!!!

I'm visiting Reno again and again thanks to those jeans. Fans self vigorously!!! Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!

Oh my, I rather recall the roar of the crowd over those Reno jeans. In fact, Reno was pretty much fantastic. You know how, when you know someone is experiencing him for the first time ever, you just want him to be extra fantabulous and then some? In Reno, they were and he was. And then he debuted the white shirt and jeans, no less. To ACCLAIM! I LOVED that show. His dancing in Reno was HOT! I repeat, in those jeans. The 90's. I guess it was the 90's in Reno for me!

I'm still watching and listening to the 70's medleys to make my determination there. Such a delightful task!

:GM_FCA:

30 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

32 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a good day!

Kim

Loved the photos from AnnaG! Thanks for bringing them over, shortyjill :flirtysmile3:

My favorite was Reno 60's. I believe that was when I began hitting poor ldyj. Out of lust love of course. I fucking drooled all over myself when I saw him singing and dancing at the same time in that verrry verrry well fitted black suit! That man has way of causing me to self cumbust :hubbahubba:

As for the JenJones blog being....erm....discussed? lol...around the boards, I have just one thing to say. It's entertainment during a quiet time. For me anyway. Sad she had to make it private though. I can't help but wonder if she may have been better off not trying so hard to make herself appear cool (and in charge of some grand pop culture termonology) while attempting to get her mostly positive, albeit somewhat condescending and slightly backhanded, point across. Is it really THAT difficult for pseudo journalists to say something nice in print about Clay and/or his fans and/or any vehicle chosen to feature him? I "got it" but I'm not sure how I ultimately feel about it. Pretentious perhaps. So I can't say she achieved her goal. Unless of course that WAS her goal. Hmmmmm, could be. Meh. But I am intrigued by her writing style. :hysterical:

And waaaay OT - :clap: Congratulations Rafa!!! That is one hot young Spaniard! Oh yea, and a great tennis player too :whistling-1:

:GM_FCA:

29 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

31 Days until The National Inclusion Project!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

In 4 weeks flying to Chicago then Gala, can't wait, love having something to look forward to!!! :04:

YES! It will be good to see you in Chicago (no Gala for me, can't afford both, sorry National Inclusion Project).

I'm soooooooo looking forward to the Chicago show. I remember talking on the boards, many years ago, about dreams of Clay playing a small, intimate venue. At the time, it was a pipe dream. But in one month, it's going to happen. I think this is going to be an awesome experience.

I'm trying to figure out what songs he's going to sing. I'm fully expecting the set list to be TnT heavy, but I also think that he'll pull a few from OMWH. I definitely can see "Something About Us" being done, and I wouldn't be surprised if "On My Way Here" (the song) will be there as well. (That's fine with me, as I LOVE both of those songs...) Soooo...considering the venue, what songs do you think he'll choose for this concert?