#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

eee Are we going to have a FCA peeps. Chicago get together?

Good question. I've been kind of waiting to hear from Pink Armchair regarding a few things with the Venue. Are people really planning to camp out at the Park West the day of the show? I wasn't planning on that at all. First of all, I'm going to have my husband with me; and secondly, I'd love to have a good dinner with my friends before the show. Or maybe after the show for drinks!

I'll post more in the planning thread.

eee Are we going to have a FCA peeps. Chicago get together?

Count me in. There is a get together for after the concert at the OFC. The contact person is Claybella. She said so far, it is a small group about 15 fans. Maybe we can get together with them?

Loved the blog. Love the man!

I have a ticket for Chicago, but may not be able to get there. My company is bidding on a HUGE proposal and the next step is rumored to be Oct 11. If true, I could go, but if they slip it until later that week, I will not be able to go, so I'm waiting until we hear the date for sure before trying to buy a ticket to fly.

I wouldn't mind camping out to get a good seat. The weather in mid-Oct is my favorite... crisp but not too cold, with crunchy leaves underfoot. Crossing my fingers that the Oct 11 date is firm soon!

tree... the 80's with that pushed up his forearm jacket and tight (sometimes) jeans is just it for me. He looks gorgeous in the 60's suit, absolutely, but when he starts off the 80s in that macho phase, I just melt into a puddle. We can duel about it if you like... you're younger, so you'd probably win, but I'm pretty stubborn. LOL

ClayConcert-38tag.jpg

I gotta say, I like both the 1960's, more formal suit, followed by that 1980's, no tie pushed up sleeves look. Damn, he looks good practically all the time.

I wouldn't mind camping out to get a good seat.

But the thing is -- it's a 650 seat theater. Can there really be a BAD seat? I'm thinking not. I kinda believe I could be in the back freakin' row and would still have a fantastic seat. And honestly, some of the best shows I've been to with Clay have been further back than closer. I loved seeing Spamalot from the 3rd row mezzanine, and the same with the JNT 2005. It gives a different perspective, to be sure, and of course, I can't count freckles from further back. But that different take on the show allows me to see things that I think others miss. And again, I know I'm weird -- but for the most part, I do notice other things and people on the stage besides Clay. Sue me.

Pepsi Refresh Project Link

http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

From your mobile phone:

Text* 102308 to

Pepsi (73774)

pepsi_02.gif

Bottle, I borrowed this Pepsi gif! Thnx for the daily variety! :yahoo:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog features the 2011 Clay Aiken wall and desk calendars, which can be ordered through Nov. 22, and the ongoing campaign to secure a $50,000 grant for the National Inclusion Project in this month's Pepsi Refresh Challenge. Aron Hall's latest reciprocal lists are included.

The calendar, prepared annually by Rosaratana, is a fundraiser for the Inclusion Project, which receives all proceeds above costs. Last year she sent $581.20 to the foundation. All photos are by toni7babe. Below is a clickable of the wall calendar cover. More samples are in the blog:

th_wallcover1.jpg

Thank you for your blog visits/comments. I bet the Houston peeps are watching Clay on TV again tonight. :twinklewhore:

Have a great week, FCA! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

Yes, I'm definitely into those jeans. I have an imagination, and I know how to use it.

Can somebody help me imagine away my dog's cancer diagnosis? Got it yesterday after an x-ray to explain a chronic cough. He's got lung cancer. To look at him you wouldn't think there was a thing wrong. He's looks great, has energy, and still eats like a pig. Right now, he is doing fine. Acts like an otherwise healthy 12 year old Sheltie, but from what I have read the prognosis isn't good. Given his age, we are pretty sure that we aren't going to try and remove it with surgery. It's a pretty major operation with iffy results, and he currently has a great quality of life. I would hate to mess that up. Anyway, thanks for listening. We're going to redo the x-ray in a month to see how much it has grown in that time, just to get a little better idea of what we're dealing with.

I think I said something about dropping off some Verona pictures a little later. Well, it's later, I was half right. I got distracted by school work or something...can't remember what at this point. But...anyway...here they are, better late than never. I have some more from my other concerts and can hopefully get to them this weekend if the homework doesn't get in the way. Seriously, if you want a humbling experience, take an illustration class when you have absolutely no talent at all. Just one more way to hit "submit" and embarrass yourself. Better I should go watch some pledge breaks...more fun than a 64 box of crayons.

The album is here.

992471389_4KuKN-Th.jpg

992476776_oGb3F-Th.jpg

992937746_F6UNo-Th.jpg

992479784_5aTSg-Th.jpg

994247927_jLh8r-Th.jpg

994248898_yoVpm-Th.jpg

994254677_ZfUfv-Th.jpg

1001271957_SGWkY-Th.jpg

1001264763_W7fLc-Th.jpg

:GM_FCA:

29 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!yahoo:

31 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

pepsi-5.jpg

First of all, bc, thanks for the reminders for this. Secondly -- THIS is the logo I remember growing up as a kid. Drank the stuff practically every day. And if it wasn't Pepsi, it was Mt. Dew.

Speaking of thsoe...I'm now addicted to the Pepsi and Mt. Dew Throwback versions -- made with real sugar, rather than the crap they normally put into them. There definitely is a taste difference.

Wonder if Clay is a Pepsi or Coke person? I seem to remember Sprite at one point, but his tastes may have changed...

kf, don't get me wrong, because I do like the jeans. But, I've always loved a sharp dressed man in a suit. I like giving my imagination a workout.

kareneh, so sorry that your dog is ill. Our cat had cancer and never seemed to suffer. I brought her in to the vets to get B12 sots and fluids in some places but they took out fluids in her abdomen where she had cancer. Only food she would eat was crab meat. Pretty expensive but it made her happy. She wanted to be outdoors all the time so we set up an igloo with a heater in it. My friend gave her reiku (sp) messages periodically. One day we found her dead on the side deck near the igloo. We never had any regrets about not giving her surgery at her age. There were some bad side effects occasionally, but we took care of them. Best wishes with your pup.

I've been voting regularly for the Pepsi refresh and their partner charities through facebook and for the National Inclusion Project by cell phone, email and mu husband's email. It would be a great Gala if we can win this. It was so exciting when we won the Christie Cookie challange. :yahoo:

I've been seeing posts that the phone hasn't rung much in this city or that, so I watched some other shows they use for fundraising. Sometimes they only use 1/2 the computers. I haven't seen more than 1 or 2 people on the phones at a time. In my observation as a watcher of PBS and a tax preparer over the years, most people donate over the internet or through the mail and the calls are probably from fans of the shows or performers. JMO

Wonder if Clay is a Pepsi or Coke person? I seem to remember Sprite at one point, but his tastes may have changed...

I think he mentioned during the OFC Q&As that he gave up drinking sodas and drinks water instead.

LadyJ, I understand about the power of the imagination, but that is imaginary, and I'd rather just go ahead and see the nude forearms! And the way the tight white shirt pulls across his chest. And the gapped jeans. And the La Vida Loca moves all at the same time. But that's the way I roll.

{{{Karen Eh}}}

Fear your story about your cat kinda scares me. Ours is only about 10 years old but for the past few years she's started getting these wart-like things on her. One is so large I'm afraid to remove it, although I could if I wanted to...the other few that have popped up are starting to get that way. We had her taken in and they said it could be cancer but we wouldn't know unless we got a biopsy which they wanted a ton of money for. She never seems to be in any pain, and as she's gotten older she's been less playful, but occasionally she'll get this great burst of energy and start meowing really loud and running everywhere and act like nothing is wrong! It just worries me what those things are..and especially in the last year she's been really affectionate and for the longest time we've had her, she never wanted all of that..maybe it's just her getting older...but it really does worry me.

Wow..sorry for the ramble..LOL

LadyJ I'm with you on the throwback! Obviously I grew up drinking the kind with the high fructose corn syrup but I really love the real sugar better. If I see that over regular...that's what I get.

I think he mentioned during the OFC Q&As that he gave up drinking sodas and drinks water instead.

Maybe that's what keeping him so trim..hee!

You’ll have to pry the Diet Dr, Pepper out of my cold dead hands. I could never give it up without suffering serious withdrawal symptoms.

I think my favorite look from the Timeless Tour was black suit after losing the tie - he looked very sharp. The top part of the jeans was good, but I wasn’t overly fond of the long dragging hems because they just looked a bit sloppy to me. Sorry, kf!