#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

I try to avoid too many diet sodas even with no calories, the sodium makes me retain fluid. But I do like them as a treat. Wow got to keep the lbs down before my trip in October, I'm sure I'll gain a few then!

In 4 weeks I'll be in Raleigh!!! :rainbowsmile:

His jeans were quite nice to look at, especially in Hampton Beach!!!!

{{{{Kareneh}}}} Your dog has been your companion thru so many moves and I'm really sorry he's sick. Sending healing vibes his way>>>

You’ll have to pry the Diet Dr, Pepper out of my cold dead hands. I could never give it up without suffering serious withdrawal symptoms.

I think my favorite look from the Timeless Tour was black suit after losing the tie - he looked very sharp. The top part of the jeans was good, but I wasn’t overly fond of the long dragging hems because they just looked a bit sloppy to me. Sorry, kf!

bottle... different stokes... I love the sloppy bottoms of his jeans. Don't know why, just do. I think the relaxed look makes it seem like he's someone I could talk to, while the gorgeous suited look (which I also do love)makes him seem a bit more remote...maybe?

{{{Karen Eh}}}

Fear your story about your cat kinda scares me. Ours is only about 10 years old but for the past few years she's started getting these wart-like things on her. One is so large I'm afraid to remove it, although I could if I wanted to...the other few that have popped up are starting to get that way. We had her taken in and they said it could be cancer but we wouldn't know unless we got a biopsy which they wanted a ton of money for. She never seems to be in any pain, and as she's gotten older she's been less playful, but occasionally she'll get this great burst of energy and start meowing really loud and running everywhere and act like nothing is wrong! It just worries me what those things are..and especially in the last year she's been really affectionate and for the longest time we've had her, she never wanted all of that..maybe it's just her getting older...but it really does worry me.

Wow..sorry for the ramble..LOL

shortyjill she was at least 16 and had been feral for half her life. Her stomach became bloated so they took xrays and found the cancer then. We decided not to operate because of her age and the thought that she could die on the operating table. We had to take her to vet every couple of weeks to get the fluid drained from her abdomen. She was a sweety and we hated for this to happen but it's life and life's not always nice. We have had about 20 cats during our lives including two litters, sometimes 5 or 6 at a time. As a result,we have a pet cemetary in back of our house on the edge of the woods. We have a 16 year old female and a 10 year old male now. Probably our last pets.

shortyjill she was at least 16 and had been feral for half her life. Her stomach became bloated so they took xrays and found the cancer then. We decided not to operate because of her age and the thought that she could die on the operating table. We had to take her to vet every couple of weeks to get the fluid drained from her abdomen. She was a sweety and we hated for this to happen but it's life and life's not always nice. We have had about 20 cats during our lives including two litters, sometimes 5 or 6 at a time. As a result,we have a pet cemetary in back of our house on the edge of the woods. We have a 16 year old female and a 10 year old male now. Probably our last pets.

I'll always believe in quality of life not quantity. It sounds like you did the best things for her and let her live her last days well. I can only hope we're doing the same for our cat.

On topic... :loveclaysbutt: especially in niiice jeans! Don't care if they're ratted at the bottom or not! Hee

The strangest coincidence of a sort ever - eight days a week. My sister called me, she's out of town and she said in a low voice, "Clay Aiken is here. He's standing right by me." I best not divulge his location while he's there. But the fact that my sister is seeing him tonight is freaking me out. I could tell she was a bit stunned herself. She became a Clay fan the day before I did back in 2003. She insisted I watch the results show. She's never been on a board, but she loves his voice and she especially loves Tried & True. I can't wait to talk to her later!

EEEEE!! Your sister knows we need a report on his hair, clothes, shoes and companions, doesn't she kf?

Well, yuh, bottle, she knows ME!!! She loves to hear about Clay, however, I usually go over her threshold limit and I get her "TMI" hand. But ..... she's excellent at observation. MUCH better than me.

Omg I just watched the PBS special from Houston! I want every copy destroyed (except mine*g*) I cannot believe I was on tv that much. At one point they show me having a conversation with Clay.........i still can't believe I was that close to him. I just got excited all over again. I now have proof that it reallly happened.

Omg I just watched the PBS special from Houston! I want every copy destroyed (except mine*g*) I cannot believe I was on tv that much. At one point they show me having a conversation with Clay.........i still can't believe I was that close to him. I just got excited all over again. I now have proof that it reallly happened.

Hee. Did they show you being all :loveclaysbutt: on the air, too?

Houston1.jpg

Sis said he looked fantastic. She went to see A Little Night Music in NY tonight -- with Bernadette Peters and Elaine Stritch. My sister is a major Bernadette Peters fan from way back and has probably seen everything she's ever done on Broadway through the years. Anyway, Clay was at the end of her row (8th row I think she said) and stood up during intermission and talked to several people and shook hands, etc. He looked great. He had short brown spikes. A dark maroon-maybe shirt, and a tie. She repeated that he looked great. That he really looked great.

He didn't look as if he'd gotten a bit wet or even a hair out of place in the intense thunderstorm. She didn't notice him being with anyone, but there were several people he was greeting and visiting with during intermission.

Oh, she said he looked great. She doesn't remember pants. Must be The Fog.

ETA: We discussed that he has decided to show up at places where we have announced plans to be. He must be stalking us. It's the only explanation.

ETAA: Our conversation earlier tonight was like this:

Me. Hello

Her. (hushed) I'm at the Walter Kerr Theater on West 48th seeing Bernadette Peters in A Little Night Music.

Me. I know, how is ..

Her. Clay's right here.

Me. What did you say?

Her. Clay Aiken is standing right here.

Me. No!

Her. At the end of this row.

Me. No!

Her. I'm in my seat and he's standing in the aisle.

She was sitting with an Australian guy who has something to do with the show, or the musicians, I didn't understand her completely because she was speaking low. Anyway, she was distracted talking with him, and when the lights dimmed she turned around and Clay had moved out of the aisle and into his seat. When it was over and the lights went up, she didn't see him.

Sis said he looked fantastic. She went to see A Little Night Music in NY tonight -- with Bernadette Peters and Elaine Stritch. My sister is a major Bernadette Peters fan from way back and has probably seen everything she's ever done on Broadway through the years. Anyway, Clay was at the end of her row (8th row I think she said) and stood up during intermission and talked to several people and shook hands, etc. He looked great. He had short brown spikes. A dark maroon-maybe shirt, and a tie. She repeated that he looked great. That he really looked great.

He didn't look as if he'd gotten a bit wet or even a hair out of place in the intense thunderstorm. She didn't notice him being with anyone, but there were several people he was greeting and visiting with during intermission.

Oh, she said he looked great. She doesn't remember pants. Must be The Fog.

ETA: We discussed that he has decided to show up at places where we have announced plans to be. He must be stalking us. It's the only explanation.

ETAA: Our conversation earlier tonight was like this:

Me. Hello

Her. (hushed) I'm at the Walter Kerr Theater on West 48th seeing Bernadette Peters in A Little Night Music.

Me. I know, how is ..

Her. Clay's right here.

Me. What did you say?

Her. Clay Aiken is standing right here.

Me. No!

Her. At the end of this row.

Me. No!

Her. I'm in my seat and he's standing in the aisle.

She was sitting with an Australian guy who has something to do with the show, or the musicians, I didn't understand her completely because she was speaking low. Anyway, she was distracted talking with him, and when the lights dimmed she turned around and Clay had moved out of the aisle and into his seat. When it was over and the lights went up, she didn't see him.

keepingfaith I got all kinds of goosebumps reading your post. Yes he is stalking you and your sister-it is the only explanation. What a special last week and this week the two of you have had. I wonder if he went back stage before the end of ths show....hmm.....I am imagining him in all his handsomeness. sigh. it makes me happy that he was greeting people.

For some reason it makes me all kinds of excited reading that sighting! Thanks kf & kfsis!:BlowKiss:

It sounds like he might have been there on business of a sort if he was wearing a tie and greeting folks at intermission. Either way I'm glad he's back out and about at the theatre in NYC again.

And yeah for all the oggling of Clay's ass on the TV, merrieeee!! :naughtywag:

(((Karen Eh? & everyone's senior furbabies/buddies)))

My best friend, an American Brown Tabby (Oliver) is nearly 15 years old now. I am counting my blessings he is still with me. Through thick&thin he has been my one constant comfort. Especially over this past year. He's the source of great joy and fun. He's a character. My sweetheart....my fella :wub:

:GM_FCA:

27 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!

:yahoo:

28 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

kf, this must be your family's lucky year. I'm so happy for your sister. Sounds like she is having a fantastic trip. I saw a little Night Music a very long time ago, when I was working in NYC. Of course I started working at the age of ten. :image13:

I wonder whatever happened to the reissue of MOAM that RCA had on Amazon? One of the mysteries of life.

treenuts, enjoy your cat. I have heard of some living to twenty plus years. When my older son moved from Greensboro to San Francisco, he asked us to trap the two feral cats he was feeding and to bring them to our home to live in the wooded part of our yard and to put out food and shelter for them. The male eventually wondered off and was killed in the road but she stayed and moved in our house.

Have a great day! I'm working on my to do list and hopefully can get a few things done after Mr. Fear's doctor's appointment.

Went with my husband to watch his band practice, and ended up "trying" to sing a few songs with him. Yikes. It was scary ya'll. But then, that meant I missed all the excitement last night!

And to think you'll have that memory for a lifetime. Sigh.

I know I'm still quasi-realizing it all. And now this sister thing. Send in the clowns.

Don't worry, they're here. (At FCA, that is. *g*)

kf, I'm so thrilled for your sister -- and for us, who then got a first class report on the sighting. That's so incredibly cool. It's also nice to hear about Clay enjoying himself on the town.

Kareneh, I'm sorry to hear about your beloved dog. They become a part of the family so quickly, and I truly believe in the power of having a pet. I will pray for your family.

My best friend, an American Brown Tabby (Oliver) is nearly 15 years old now. I am counting my blessings he is still with me. Through thick&thin he has been my one constant comfort. Especially over this past year. He's the source of great joy and fun. He's a character. My sweetheart....my fella :wub:

What? You're cheating on Clay with your CAT?!?!?!? For shame!

I have a day off today. Woohoo! That means, even though I'm going out later today, I had time to watch some clack, and watched the UNC TV breaks. He was so freakin' cute there. I was fascinated watching his hands, though -- twiddling his thumbs has never been more spellbinding!

I almost forgot -- I got a quick chat message from couchie the other day. She was sneaking in a quick chat a work -- as her loaner computer at home died. So she's MIA for a while on the boards until she can get back up and running.

Okay, who knew and didn't tell me that Elton John is now with DECCA? Who the heck has been keeping that from me? I have to find out from the DECCA newsletter? That's he got an album coming out with Leon Russell in October? Leon Russell, one of my original addictions from Mad Dogs & Englishmen, and the Concert for Bangladesh, and Eric Clapton's first solo LP with Delaney & Bonnie & Friends, and his classic albums with the Asylum Choir in '70 and '71? And that the songs on this new album, entitled UNION, were composed by: Elton John, Bernie Taupin, Leon Russell, and T-Bone Burnett?

Who kept this from me?

Leon Russell who wrote A Song For You about his unrequited love for Rita Coolidge after she spurned him for Kris Kristofferson. (Who wouldn't!)

Leon Russell who wrote Delta Lady and Hummingbird for Rita?

Leon Russell who wrote The Ballad of Mad Dogs and Englishmen, Stranger in a Strange Land, Shoot Out on the Plantation, and Back to the Island? And who did a magnificent cover of George Harrison's "Beware of Darkness?"

Leon Russell who I saw a few years ago at the Seabrook Blues Festival a couple of miles away, with about 50 other people at the most, while sitting in the grass after a huge rainstorm?

You may as well go ahead and confess now if you knew this and kept it from me.

ELTON JOHN is with DECCA? The same label with CLAY! The possibilities are staggering.

Oh honey, I was salivating over that yesterday too! Didn't realize that Elton was with Decca and I sure didn't know that he and Leon Russell had made an album together. And the writers!! T-Bone Burnett!!! I kept poking on those "play" buttons yesterday to get some samples, but none worked, but I just found that there's a "preview single" available on iTunes. YAY!!

ETA: According to Amazon,

The Union was recorded in Los Angeles earlier this year, with guest musicians including Brian Wilson, Booker T, Don Was and Neil Young. Cameron Crowe has filmed the sessions for a documentary, creating too a moment of history as this is the first time that the genesis of Elton's music has been recorded on film. Critics who have had an early preview of the album are united in praise for the work that Elton describes as a "Seventies record with a modern feel."

Oh honey, I was salivating over that yesterday too! Didn't realize that Elton was with Decca and I sure didn't know that he and Leon Russell had made an album together. And the writers!! T-Bone Burnett!!! I kept poking on those "play" buttons yesterday to get some samples, but none worked, but I just found that there's a "preview single" available on iTunes. YAY!!

ETA: According to Amazon,

The Union was recorded in Los Angeles earlier this year, with guest musicians including Brian Wilson, Booker T, Don Was and Neil Young. Cameron Crowe has filmed the sessions for a documentary, creating too a moment of history as this is the first time that the genesis of Elton's music has been recorded on film. Critics who have had an early preview of the album are united in praise for the work that Elton describes as a "Seventies record with a modern feel."

Booker T who was married to Rita's sister Priscilla back in the day? If Rita and her sister were lurking in the background it would be the perfect storm -- but there's gotta be tooooo much baggage for that! That Rita was a heartbreaker. She's "credited" with the first breakup of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, too, leaving Stills for Nash. She's also been a presence on Robbie Robertson's Native American music. And Rita was "discovered" by Elvis Presley. Has she ever written a book?