#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

I saw Elton on July 10th in concert, but I guess I neglected to mention the new album in my post about it. Yep, he sang one of the new songs from it, and I liked it. I remember him commenting that he figured, at this point, there weren't a lot of people clamoring for the new Elton John album, so he had decided he didn't have to do 'pop', he could do whatever the f*** he wanted. So he looked up his old friend Leon one day, gave him a call, the rest is history.

As for the Decca part, I never pay attention to labels and stuff. Means little to me, even if it's Clay. A label's a label's a label.

kf thanks for your reports last night. Lucky lucky sister!

LadyJ enjoy your day off. :)

Clay and Elton working on something would be cool. I'm still holding out for Clay and Amy Lee though (you know, that girl from Evanescence who he was inspired by for the "Broken Wings" cover. Yeah, her. Love her). But, in my wildest dreams right? Sigh.

kf and jmh -- didn't realize the Decca connection, but I did vaguely know about the connection between T Bone, Elton and Leon. I've been a fan on T Bone's since the "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" soundtrack, and I just bought his latest protege's album today. That would be Ryan Bingham, who won the Oscar (with T Bone) this year for the "Crazy Heart" sound track. Anyway, I'm on T Bone's mailing list, and there's going to be two all star concerts featuring T Bone's music, one in Boston and one in NYC. Elton and Leon are playing at both shows. Would LOVE to attend.

Topic? Clay's got family members who sang Americana music, the kind T Bone specializes in!

keepingfaith Thank you for posting that information about Elton John and Leon Russell. Could you do me and possibly others here a favour and let us know when that album is available.

I love "A song for you". Did he sing that in Mad Dogs and Englishmen? Your post prompted me to get over to iTunes and download it.

KarenEh I was sad to read of your dog's condition. I have always thought that in that photo you have of him as your avatar he looks so handsome and debonair.

FYI for those who have pledged for tickets for the San Francisco concert. I just called Escott Jones at the station and asked where generally those tickets might be.

He told me that usually pledge tickets are mid range. That is to say not in the front rows but not in the nose bleeds either.

keeping... this is just sooooo ulta-kewl!!! Congrats to your sis!

Ok, still watching Timeless when possible. Biloxi jeans were every bit as N.I.C.E. as the Reno ones. Just sayin'

It would be fab if Clay and Elton got together. If Elton ever heard Clay sing DLTSGDOM, he'd jump at the chance... at least in my dreams he would. LOL

keepingfaith Thank you for posting that information about Elton John and Leon Russell. Could you do me and possibly others here a favour and let us know when that album is available.

I love "A song for you". Did he sing that in Mad Dogs and Englishmen? Your post prompted me to get over to iTunes and download it.

Union will be released on October 19 and is in pre-sale at iTunes and Amazon.

"A Song For You" was track one on his debut album, Leon Russell, which was his best IMO. The other one I liked was Leon Russell and the Shelter People - which contained "The Ballad of Mad Dogs and Englishman" (as did the live recording of the same name, a retrospective of the famous Joe Cocker/Rita Coolidge/Leon Russell tour), some Dylan covers, the George Harrison cover, and "Stranger in a Strange Land," probably my favorite Leon Russell composition of all time. I remember screaming at the TV watching Idol when Mecrest claimed that "A Song for You" was written by Donny Hathaway when Elliot Yamin sang it. He didn't know jack. Also, as a footnote, Bill Clinton has said that Leon Russell's "A Song for You" is his favorite song of all time.

If Elton ever heard Clay sing DLTSGDOM, he'd jump at the chance... at least in my dreams he would. LOL

To turn it around and hear Elton John say, Ladies & Gentlemen, Mr. Clay Aiken ... that would be the best! I think Clay has been saving that song for something. In my opinion it is his ultimate signature song -- the one that made me fall for him on Idol, and again on the Idol 5 Finale, when he branded me for life.

FYI for those who have pledged for tickets for the San Francisco concert. I just called Escott Jones at the station and asked where generally those tickets might be.

He told me that usually pledge tickets are mid range. That is to say not in the front rows but not in the nose bleeds either.

Thanks for the info, lotus!

Unfortunately for me I sure as hell can't afford to upgrade so I guess this will have to do :(

((couchie's puter))

I saw Elton on July 10th in concert, but I guess I neglected to mention the new album in my post about it. Yep, he sang one of the new songs from it, and I liked it. I remember him commenting that he figured, at this point, there weren't a lot of people clamoring for the new Elton John album, so he had decided he didn't have to do 'pop', he could do whatever the f*** he wanted. So he looked up his old friend Leon one day, gave him a call, the rest is history.

As for the Decca part, I never pay attention to labels and stuff. Means little to me, even if it's Clay. A label's a label's a label.

AHA! So it was YOU, luckiest, who was holding out on ME. FOR SHAME!!!! And a fellow Beatles lover too. You should know me by now and not keep Macca or Elton info away from me. "g"

I'm the same way on labels being irrelevant to me -- other than to know who is signed to the same label with Clay, because that would/could facilitate future collaborations. No need for those pesky permissions from other labels and such!

If this is true, it could be a career ender. At least it SHOULD be.

Was former "American Idol" champ Fantasia Barrino's suicide attempt in August a publicity stunt? She and her manager both denied it. "I don't need any more press or publicity," she told The Associated Press a few weeks later. But a new trailer for the second season of her VH1 reality show, "Fantasia For Real," seems to suggest otherwise. The cameras filmed her as she fell apart when named as the other woman in a nasty divorce, and again when she was hooked up to machines in the hospital.

http://theclicker.todayshow.com/_news/2010...or-reality-show

To quote Amy and Seth on SNL ... "I mean, REALLY!"

:GE_FCA:

Today is grandson Kai's third birthday! The new Carolina On My Mind blog replays many photos/graphics/experiences shared by and with his Clay Nation "aunties" over the past three years. From Day 1, CA graphic artists have been very generous and kept the Carolina journal filled with Kai art.

Kai's favorite toy in Hawaii was a play lawn mower, so his gift from Grandma Caro was a no-brainer. He has been mowing the apartment courtyard for a couple of days now. Not to be left out, Lia also received her favorite -- a play vacuum cleaner. They have cleaned up inside and out:

th_birthday3_5a.jpg th_birthday3_3a.jpg

Kai celebrates birthday by mowing the courtyard.

A link to the previous entry with the Pepsi Refresh Challenge voting and 2011 CA calendar info, as well as a reminder of UNC-TV's 9/19 telecast of Clay Aiken T&T LIVE is included. :loveclayssmiley:

My daughter reads the blog if you'd like to wish Kai a happy birthday there. The entry will also be posted at the OFC as soon as I can change the codes. Right now, Jen and her dad are setting up a new laptop, and (note to Scarlett!) I expect Kai will be back online playing games on her Facebook wall soon! :lol:

keepingfaith, how awesome for your sister, you ... and us! Thnx for sharing the happening with us! :flirtysmile3:

I need to go vote. Have an awesome evening, all! :flirtysmile3:

Caro :listen:

Caro, Kai is just adorable. Time sure goes by quickly.

I know Fantasia is scared silly. NC law allows the abandoned woman to sue the woman who supposedly stole her husband. I know aspirin can cause ulcers but kill you? The sleep aid I'm sure could do you in though. I'm not a fan so I have no opinion on whether it was serious or not. But as i said she is in trouble.

And I'm back. 4 days without a computer! But at least when they fixed it I got my sound back. I had a sound card -- just no drivers LOL.

Anything up in Clay world? I have to catch up. I realize now why I was able to keep up all those years - it's because I could read the boards at work. I can no longer do that and it sucks.

Thanks Lotus for the SF concert info.

Heard about Fanny weeks ago. As long as she has that voice she will have a career. She's not a politician or a reverend; she's a singer. And rock n roll is full of people who do stupid things and the convergence of that with reality tv is now par for the course. To me her biggest crime, if true, is going out with a married video store clerk. At least risk your dignity for somebody you don't have to support. But if Angelina can survive taking America's sweetheart's husband and becoming even more popular methinks Fantasia will survive this. This also falls under my how does this affect me celebrity rule on one hand an on the other - I don't believe anything I hear as part of those celebrity tabloidy radio minutes. It's where they breathlessly told me all about it every morning when I was carpooling with my sister. One reason to be grateful I'm back on public transit.

To all those poor and very polite souls to whom I yammered on and on about my English boyfriend, at the Florida concerts - Yesssssss.

That's all.

Oh, and aspirin combined with some other things is v. bad.

Ok now I need to know more than yesssssss!

But if Angelina can survive taking America's sweetheart's husband and becoming even more popular methinks Fantasia will survive this.

In my estimation, she was no more America's sweetheart than the Dallas Cowboys were ever America'a team. Does America really have a sweetheart? God, I hope not. One of these days I have hope that people will think for themselves with rational minds. I have a dream.

Today I had to once again disabuse someone of believing and passing on another bullshit email smearing President Obama. This one said that he refuses to sign certification letters for Eagle Scouts. It took about 20 seconds to find the truth on Snopes and set that story straight. Nothing about it was remotely true; it was made up out of whole cloth. Every day the same bullshit, but I still have hope that, even if gradually or sporadically, the links in these nasty chains of vicious lies will begin to erode. It's now beyond preposterous and into crackpot territory so it can't last forever. I include the sway of the celebrity rumor mill industry over seemingly intelligent people. One day that will decline when people realize that not only does this stuff have zero effect on their lives, but it's not even interesting fiction. I wish more people would get their noses in some good books that can entertain and expand them. In a better world, people won't give a shit about publicity-desperate and narcissistic me-me-me's. It will happen. Godspeed that day.

I can't stand Angelina or Fantasia. Clay's my American sweetheart. :wub:

Caro, Kai is adorable!!!

Couchie glad to see you back. :)

If there's any Project Runway/Tim Gunn fans here, he's on Craig's show tonight. I've never watched PR but Tim Gunn is awesome!

Caro, Kai is just adorable. Time sure goes by quickly.

I know Fantasia is scared silly. NC law allows the abandoned woman to sue the woman who supposedly stole her husband. I know aspirin can cause ulcers but kill you? The sleep aid I'm sure could do you in though. I'm not a fan so I have no opinion on whether it was serious or not. But as i said she is in trouble.

As a former lab technologist who was called in too many nights to do blood tests for overdoses/suicide attempts/"cries for help", I can tell you that, yes, take enough aspirin and it will kill you but that just works for aspirin...too much acetaminophen will just cause severe liver damage.

:GM_FCA:

26 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

28 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Happy Anniversary to my dear hubby!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim