#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

:04: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, aikim!!! :twinklewhore:

I spent the past three days first stripping......

...off the old stain from my moms fence and gate :naughtywag:

Then painting/staining the gate and the front part of the fence. I never realised just how old I have become :cry4: My entire body is sore and stiff and no amount of stretches or advil or even ice is helping all that much. UGH

I've informed my mother that if she wants the remaining back fence done she'll have to hire someone (much younger and stronger) to do it. But it looks damn good if I do say so myself :)

Content: I think Clay looks damn good too :wub:

kareneh... those Hampton Beach pics are great. Thanks!

aikim... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :bdayparty2::bdayparty2:

Will everyone please send vibes that the next meeting for this BIG proposal my company is bidding on (they said the week of the 11th) is either Mon, Oct 11 or Tues, Oct 12, cause if it is the 13th or 14th, I won't be able to go to Chicago and Perma found a great hotel only half a mile from the venue. I wanna gooooooooooo!!!! Thanks!

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog features the countdown to Clay's 10/14 Chicago concert (thnx to a widget by Scarlett with photo by Cotton), DWTS montages by SueReu and LovesClaysVoice (and a list of several more), the new X2 CD, and (hallelujah!) new graphics by AmazingCA.

Links for Inclusion Project Pepsi Refresh voting and the 2011 CA calendar orders are also included. As always, many thnx for your comments, visits, FB posts, tweets/retweets, links, etc.

ACA's Internet was down throughout most of the Timeless Tour, and I sent her your link, kareneh. The reward was sweet. :wub: I also sent her a link to the Wowzers4Clay YouTube Channel with two complete concert TT playlists of videos by Scarlett. Hope she's in "clack heaven"! :twinklewhore:

pepsi11.jpg

Bottle, I'm about two Pepsi images behind; but I right-click from your post everyday. Thnx for posting them here. :whistling-1:

Hope you are enjoying a wonderful birthday, aikim! :04:

Have a super week, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

CHICAGO CONCERT ATTENDEES, PLEASE READ!

Hello, everyone! I have what I hope will be some good news about seating for this show.

As I’ve posted before, Park West is "first come-first served" general admission. And that’s still true for the seats in front on the level closest to the stage. That level, which has tables and chairs, is a flat dance floor about 30 feet deep. As is true for the rest of the venue, cocktail waitresses circulate, so drink up and don't forget to tip. *g*

Further back from the area down front, there are rows of booths on progressively elevated tiers, some seating 2-3, others seating 4-6. In the last row of booths, I’m estimating, you are no more than 60 feet from the stage. My friends and I attended a show there last Sunday and sat in a second row booth (about halfway back in the venue) and we had a great view of the stage. The acoustics were incredible, too.

By special arrangement with Park West for this show, you can call and reserve a booth, for as long as they last. Clay’s people and the promoters have put a hold on a number of them, but there are a variety of both sizes still available. So if you aren’t particular about being right down front and don't feel like standing in line, give the venue a call.

The number is (773) 929-1322, and you can call between 10 am and 4:30 pm Central time. Just give the box office guy your name, tell him how many are in your party and they’ll fit you in where they can until the booths are gone. (He will probably ask you if you have tickets already – tell him yes. I’ve been told they’re being mailed at the end of this week or early next week.) Park West doesn’t often let people reserve the booths ahead of time and usually levies patrons a surcharge when they do, but I talked them out of that, figuring you were paying enough already! *g*

One last FYI, for those who choose to stand in line: there will be no stampeding for seats. It's not allowed. Just so you know. Ushers seat the patrons, an individual or group at a time. Every seat in there is a good one, and I think you’ll be very pleasantly surprised when you see how small the room is.

Also, please don't reserve a booth if you aren't sure you're going to want one...I really want to ensure they're available to as many who need/want one as possible. Apologies in advance if they run out before you get one.

That's it, I guess! Looking forward to seeing you, and thank you again for your support of our station.

New tweet from JessMcV -

Oh hey @clayaiken in Starbucks! Omfggggggg! =D

http://twitpic.com/2qxldq

It could be him since I would think Jess would be able to tell. But I can't really tell from this. I like his look if it is.

ETA - I just read lindylo's post at CH that Jess was asked and said it wasn't him. heh

New tweet from JessMcV -

Oh hey @clayaiken in Starbucks! Omfggggggg! =D

http://twitpic.com/2qxldq

It could be him since I would think Jess would be able to tell. But I can't really tell from this. I like his look if it is.

Interesting. Maybe she saw the front of him too and only got a back shot?

ETA: She deleted the tweet.

:GM_FCA:

21 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

23 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Well, I've been playing back and forth about going to Chicago and I've finally decided that I can't justify spending $750-800 for one concert during one of my busy periods at the school. I tried to justify it as a self-birthday present, and as a damn-it-all I need to indulge myself after the work I did to walk and write and stuff this summer, and that didn't work in my rational mind and the life I lead where I actually have a limited bank account. I'm going to be spending $250 to see him in Houston in February in a great seat with a meet & greet, so that will be my expensive Clay concert for a bit. On the bright side .... only four & a half months until Clay comes HERE. And ... the PBS interview tonight.

So ... sniff, sniff ... someone smile at him for me.

keepingfaith, sorry you won't be able to make it. liney23, my fingers are crossed for you! I did manage to get a ticket from someone at CV. 3 weeks today, wheeeeee! We are going to try and get a booth reserved this morning so we don't have to stand in line all day. Hope it works out.

Sorry KF. I'm in the same boat. Although I couldn't get the day off from work, when this whole thing came up months I ago I had it in my head that I'd go to Chicago...spend at least a very long weekend there living it up...cuz you know surely by then I'd have money. Being forced to work is a blessing in disguise because it turns out I don't have the money LOL. I'm going to be happy with my SF show. I will probably be able to squeeze in others if they are "local" which in Clay world means the entire pacific time zone. ha ha.

Happy Belated Aikim!! Hope you had a great day.

I wish EVERYONE at this board could attend, but I totally understand the "rational" thing too. For me, this show is so close that I just HAD to go. It also kinda sorta works out time wise, as the Friday after the show is Fall Break. (The people who do the Scantron testing here will just have to do without me on the 14th though...) But, by doing this show, I had to say no to the Gala. I'll probably make a smaller donation to them later, but I couldn't justify the flight cost plus the ticket plus the hotel room for the actual event.

So, I'm sorry that many of you can't go -- but will be thrilled to see those of you I know (and even the ones I don't) there! It sounds like it's going to be an exciting evening.

Just hope I get a reserved booth....

...which I probably didn't. Can't spend all day by the phone. Damn.

Just finally got through (stopped really trying to get through about 15 minutes ago), and the tables are all taken. Crap. Well, hopefully even without waiting in line too much, we'll get semi-good seats!

For the record, I'm going to do my best to transcribe Clay's interview with Ernie tonight on HoustonPBS. It doesn't play until 10CDT, so tonight will be limited to a general summary. I have my DVR set up for hi-def recording tonight, for whenever it is cleared to be vaulted.

Sounds like there really isn't a bad seat in the house anyways.

True, and I'm grateful for that. It would just have been nice "peace of mind" to know that I could get a Chicago deep dish pizza before the show, without having to worry about getting there at a decent time of day.

kf and merrieeee, can you keep us informed on when the interview from tonight is available for sale? I'd appreciate it much -- the credit card is ready!

Sounds like there really isn't a bad seat in the house anyways.

True, and I'm grateful for that. It would just have been nice "peace of mind" to know that I could get a Chicago deep dish pizza before the show, without having to worry about getting there at a decent time of day.

The seats are all really good. My advice to you: Go get that pizza.

My apologies to anyone shut out of a booth. I don't suppose there would ever have been enough. But the floor seats are excellent -- all of them. Not to worry.

I wish so much that you could all be there, but you will be in spirit.